Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Candidate B go to hell

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bondematt
Jan 26, 2007

Not too stupid
Candidate B is management material.

Already has the unnecessary busy work and forms down. Now you just need to make sure they can't actually do the job they are managing and you are goldem.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:
Ask candidate B to fill out their own questionnaire and also ask to see their updated resume and you'll get back to them when you have time to facilitate the request.

Alternatively, spend an entire day doing paperwork and answer all questions with 'you can shadow me but please don't distract me, I'm very busy and need to concentrate, thank you'.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Bondematt posted:

Candidate B is management material.

mystery at hog island
Aug 16, 2003
Captain of Outer Space
Candidate B showed real initiative offering to be a nosy gently caress who contributes nothing and is going to get hired as your direct supervisor. Sorry op.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

In a 6 hour meeting that started with "Barudak, you're fine, your part is finished anyway"

Shitposting from coworkers personal hell meeting

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

mystery at hog island
Aug 16, 2003
Captain of Outer Space

Wrong thread??????????????

DeeplyConcerned
Apr 29, 2008

I can fit 3 whole bud light cans now, ask me how!

Barudak posted:

In a 6 hour meeting that started with "Barudak, you're fine, your part is finished anyway"

Uh oh did someone sell too much? Condolences to their surviving family.

Atopian
Sep 23, 2014

I need a security perimeter with Venetian blinds.

Barudak posted:

Did they accidentally sell something?

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Yes, I know I'm old, get off my fucking lawn so I can yell at these clouds.

Barudak posted:

So how many fingers do your coworkers have left now?

Shithouse Dave
Aug 5, 2007

each post manufactured to the highest specifications

Dumb poo poo my work has done lately: advised me in writing that they would pay me a bonus for being rad as gently caress, with a dollar amount, on July 4th (not a holiday in nz), and then just… not do that. And continue to not do that after me asking about it twice.

Rude, IMO

Thesaurus
Oct 3, 2004

I would work here

DeeplyConcerned
Apr 29, 2008

Shithouse Dave posted:

Dumb poo poo my work has done lately: advised me in writing that they would pay me a bonus for being rad as gently caress, with a dollar amount, on July 4th (not a holiday in nz), and then just… not do that. And continue to not do that after me asking about it twice.

Rude, IMO

Gonna ask again? Not sure you have much leverage here. "Rad as gently caress"sounds pretty ambiguous. Are they claiming you're not rad?

VictualSquid
Feb 29, 2012

Gently enveloping the target with indiscriminate love.

Looks very old fashioned. I assume the "amazon/off brand delivery point" it on a separate sign taped to the side.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Barudak, here is 9 million more dollars

Not Barudak, only one of your two projects can be allowed to live, choose wisely.

Ichabod Sexbeast
Dec 5, 2011

Giving 'em the old razzle-dazzle

Barudak posted:

Not Barudak, only one of your two projects can be allowed to live, choose wisely.

Does "projects" here mean "children"?

DeeplyConcerned
Apr 29, 2008

Barudak posted:

9 million for a project or 9 million for you personally?

Extra row of tits
Oct 31, 2020

Shithouse Dave posted:

Rude, IMO

I’m also in NZ and why work is constantly calling me into the managers office to ask me to work extra shifts or shifts in a different location. It’s generally a sit down meeting to iron out the details and make sure I’m available.

The changes never happen. Each roster is exactly the same.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

Ichabod Sexbeast posted:

Take the children just please leave my projects alone.

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

Ichabod Sexbeast posted:

Possibly underbosses or "revenue streams" you know.. one of them has spoken poorly so we only need the other. it's all code for something.

Car Hater
May 7, 2007

wolf. bike.
Wolf. Bike.
Wolf! Bike!
WolfBike!
WolfBike!
ARROOOOOO!
Barudak are you hiring?

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

He has never directly hired anyone

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Car Hater posted:

Barudak are you hiring?

What are your feelings on giant back tattoos?

Extra row of tits
Oct 31, 2020

credburn posted:

Hey, gang! Today's my last day of at 7-Eleven!

The other day a customer came in and shouted FIVE! TEN! TWENTY! TWENTY-FIVE! I loving hate you all! I'll loving kill you all!

But then he went about shopping like normal, just occasionally shouting gently caress I loving HATE YOU I'LL KILL YOU. When he got to the register, he was super calm and said, "I'm very sorry about that, man. Can I get some light-blue Spirits?" and was super cordial and one of the most had-his-poo poo-together customers of the day.

I wish more customers were like screaming murder man :(

When I worked in retail one of my regulars was an Indian guy with a compulsive tick, he would swear loudly at random, you always knew where he was in store because you’d be working away and suddenly gently caress! would burst out of a random aisle.

One day I was standing near the front door talking with the area manager and he walked in. The AM greeted him, he popped a finger up and screamed “gently caress you princess” and carried on into the store.

Good times.

Car Hater
May 7, 2007

wolf. bike.
Wolf. Bike.
Wolf! Bike!
WolfBike!
WolfBike!
ARROOOOOO!

Cyrano4747 posted:

What are your feelings on giant back tattoos?

I will never betray the water-cooler secrets

Shithouse Dave
Aug 5, 2007

each post manufactured to the highest specifications

DeeplyConcerned posted:

Gonna ask again? Not sure you have much leverage here. "Rad as gently caress"sounds pretty ambiguous. Are they claiming you're not rad?

“Rad as gently caress” is the short version of “I pitched a payrise because I am essential to the business, the market for my position is paying at least $10k more than I’m getting, they absolutely could not replace me at my level of skill and experience for this salary and they still can’t squeeze an increase out of the budget but here’s an act of good faith to try to stop me selling my labour elsewhere”.
The business is a brewery. They have one brewer, and it’s me. Since I came on the quality and consistency of the beer has skyrocketed, we’re winning awards that get us national distribution in large quantities, industry recognition and beer nerd followers. It’s also not a great look to underpay a woman in a male dominated industry, but hey we’re not about gender here.

I did actually get the payment today, two days after I replied to the original email with a “hey just to let you know I’m still waiting on that July 4th payment” and a cheeky CC of the other business owners.

I don’t actually want to leave, I like the business and the vibe and the people, but I do want them to recognise what I’m bringing to the table, and compensate me accordingly.

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Shithouse Dave posted:

“Rad as gently caress” is the short version of “I pitched a payrise because I am essential to the business, the market for my position is paying at least $10k more than I’m getting, they absolutely could not replace me at my level of skill and experience for this salary and they still can’t squeeze an increase out of the budget but here’s an act of good faith to try to stop me selling my labour elsewhere”.
The business is a brewery. They have one brewer, and it’s me. Since I came on the quality and consistency of the beer has skyrocketed, we’re winning awards that get us national distribution in large quantities, industry recognition and beer nerd followers. It’s also not a great look to underpay a woman in a male dominated industry, but hey we’re not about gender here.

I did actually get the payment today, two days after I replied to the original email with a “hey just to let you know I’m still waiting on that July 4th payment” and a cheeky CC of the other business owners.

I don’t actually want to leave, I like the business and the vibe and the people, but I do want them to recognise what I’m bringing to the table, and compensate me accordingly.

If you asked for a raise, and they countered with a bonus and "well see about next year" type of language that's already time to start preparing your resume. But, hey, if the bonus is basically a raise to that pay level for this year you can just kick the can a bit while putting out feelers.

If they shafted you on that promised bonus? It's time to not only brush up your resume but start aggressively job hunting.

Pyrtanis
Jun 30, 2007

The ghosts of our glories are gray-bearded guides
Fun Shoe

Extra row of tits posted:

When I worked in retail one of my regulars was an Indian guy with a compulsive tick, he would swear loudly at random, you always knew where he was in store because you’d be working away and suddenly gently caress! would burst out of a random aisle.

One day I was standing near the front door talking with the area manager and he walked in. The AM greeted him, he popped a finger up and screamed “gently caress you princess” and carried on into the store.

Good times.

Ahhh. When I was working for a teaching hospital, one of the cardiology fellows had Tourette syndrome. The first time I typed him I immediately went and asked my boss what was up, because while he didn't cuss there would sometimes be 10-15 seconds of a mix between old school Scooby Doo giggling and Muttley hissing. The guy was a real sweetheart though, never lovely to us and didn't use a cell phone to dictate.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Car Hater posted:

Barudak are you hiring?

The only potential opening I have is for a negotiator, but that needs skills and cultural background I don't think goons have.

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!
I would actually be shocked if you couldn't find someone super skilled on SA, especially if you're talking a major world power trade culture. They may not be in this thread, but I'm sure there are people shitposting it up between clients

Sentient Data fucked around with this message at 15:46 on Jul 21, 2023

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Barudak posted:

The only potential opening I have is for a negotiator, but that needs skills and cultural background I don't think goons have.

You mean I CAN'T negotiate deals by sliding the other party photos of their house forcing them to wear t-shirts that say "TEDIOUS SHITHEAD" in red text? What kind of lovely company is this?!

Tarkus
Aug 27, 2000

Barudak posted:

A "Negotiator"

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Tarkus posted:

A "Negotiator"

Give me the money and I won't break your kneecaps.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

I am fully confident I could negotiate your company out of so many sales opportunities

Krustic
Mar 28, 2010

Everything I say draws controversy. It's kinda like the abortion issue.
Waiting for a a potluck/pizza party thing to start. My cookies will blow everyone’s else’s baked treats out of the water since I am good as gently caress at baking. Ready to flex on these nerds.

Xlorp
Jan 23, 2008

Tarkus posted:

A "Negotiator"

You were right about one thing Master. The negotiations were short.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Suit/interview update: I wore nice but casual clothing and then they were dressed even more casually so it all worked out. I think I got the job. I charmed them with my charms! boobs

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

Barudak posted:

Don't worry hoss, I'll negotiate such an incredibly unprofitable deal you'll be swimming in debt in no time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ravus Ursus
Mar 30, 2017

Did you know products made in China, shipped to Thailand, assembled in Thailand, and shipped out of Thailand, are still Chinese?

I did.

Everyone else seems to be really angry that we have to pay 25% tariff on these Chinese goods we got from Thailand. Even though the vendor bill says Thailand but in the bottom left corner is says "Country of Origin: China"

Good job vendor.

Bad job *checks notes* owners...

Good job lawyer for pointing out trans shipping is illegalbad job owner for pouring anot not being allowed to do a fraud.