Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Stereotype)

Just a Moron
Nov 11, 2021

The salt is the best part

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp

Just a Moron posted:

We are the product of an evolutionary algorithm. It's why everybody's back hurts.

my back doesn't hurt

Just a Moron
Nov 11, 2021

Cuttlefush posted:

my back doesn't hurt

God i wish that were me

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020

Cuttlefush posted:

my back doesn't hurt

your rear end is about to hurt after I whoop it

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

Just a Moron posted:

We are the product of an evolutionary algorithm. It's why everybody's back hurts.
I can't eat too much salt :supaburn:

Just a Moron
Nov 11, 2021

mawarannahr posted:

I can't eat too much salt :supaburn:

That's right, because there's no such thing as too much salt.

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp

ben shapino posted:

your rear end is about to hurt after I whoop it

you have my permission to try

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

1glitch0 posted:

Frankly I'm amazed any of us are still alive and able to reproduce.
well, it takes time for plastics n pollution to spread. we wouldn't expect to see implications of production from the 2000s until around 2010s to now.

we really didn't have widespread production until 1980 and only started to notice 'hmm everyone seems to be hosed up' by the mid 90s. we're also just now finding out that ppl under <45 are getting asscancers at astronomical rates. as is everything else

iirc impaired ferility rates have skyrocketed. like there's one thing to say births are falling because of economic conditions/perma-renter class/declining material conditions/education/IUDs/whatever, which is all very true, but there's another that people whom are trying are not able to now. i want to say its around ~20% have impaired fertility now, which is huge since that number used to be fairly low and people used to just get knocked up on a drop of watery precum. sperm concentrations have also plummeted in guys

a strange fowl
Oct 27, 2022

mawarannahr posted:

lol at the whole concept and execution of tv dinners. first the name, then the reason why youd need to eat them, then heating a plastic tub with plastic film on top. then it's expensive and salty and uses terrible ingredients. :nice:
we're all having a lonely saturday night

a strange fowl
Oct 27, 2022

plastic, plastic, plastic plastic plastic PLATIX PLADHFJSKW

a strange fowl
Oct 27, 2022

plamp

edited to correct spelling

a strange fowl has issued a correction as of 07:23 on Jul 21, 2023

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry
endocrine disruptors do indeed make you plumper

brakeless
Apr 11, 2011

Mr. Technology Optimist: Don't worry so much, Doomer. It's highly likely that within twenty years we will develop injectable nanobots
that will remove the plastic from your organs and grow your dick to the four inches it should have been.

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.
I used IVF to make a kid.

Nice try, microplastics :smug: next time maybe don't carelessly leave a good sperm among the billions of pathetic losers

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

a strange fowl posted:

plamp

edited to correct spelling
:smugdon:

a strange fowl
Oct 27, 2022

i've accidentally become custodian of a colony of freshwater snails. as far as i know australia doesn't have any invasive freshwater snails, so i think they're native. they're reproducing and seem happy, and if the snails are happy, i'm happy

e: ok australia has many invasive freshwater snails lol, i was wrong. i can't trust myself anymore

a strange fowl has issued a correction as of 08:09 on Jul 21, 2023

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp
arent those the ones you eat

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

a strange fowl posted:

i've accidentally become custodian of a colony of freshwater snails. as far as i know australia doesn't have any invasive freshwater snails, so i think they're native. they're reproducing and seem happy, and if the snails are happy, i'm happy

e: ok australia has many invasive freshwater snails lol, i was wrong. i can't trust myself anymore

you have invasive water snails from New Zealand (so does the Pacific Northwest and many other places now)

a strange fowl
Oct 27, 2022

mawarannahr posted:

you have invasive water snails from New Zealand (so does the Pacific Northwest and many other places now)
i need these water creatures to start being honest with me

Gravid Topiary
Feb 16, 2012

a strange fowl posted:

we're all having a lonely saturday night

you know who's probably not having a lonely saturday night was this pair of burying beetles i saw tonight getting ready for some cool sexy times inside this dead mouse

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp

a strange fowl posted:

i need these water creatures to start being honest with me

just eat them. they're snails. they're for eating. you're a bird

Knitting Beetles
Feb 4, 2006

Fallen Rib

Looks like one more problem solved *

Soggy Muffin
Jul 29, 2003
I was making my guacamole tonight and was using a plastic cutting board, just chopping up all my ingredients with added micro plastic particle flavors. Shout out to goon that told me to blend the lime and cilantro together into a cohesive slime. Came out great in my plastic food processor. Put the guac in plastic bowl and sealed it up with a PFA cling wrap. Living it up

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

It's what's for dinner.

Knitting Beetles posted:

Looks like one more problem solved *

:latestfad:

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

mawarannahr posted:

lol at the whole concept and execution of tv dinners. first the name, then the reason why youd need to eat them, then heating a plastic tub with plastic film on top. then it's expensive and salty and uses terrible ingredients. :nice:

https://i.imgur.com/CJIde8Z.mp4

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

Soggy Muffin posted:

I was making my guacamole tonight and was using a plastic cutting board, just chopping up all my ingredients with added micro plastic particle flavors. Shout out to goon that told me to blend the lime and cilantro together into a cohesive slime. Came out great in my plastic food processor. Put the guac in plastic bowl and sealed it up with a PFA cling wrap. Living it up

Lol just thought about blenders and food processors. gently caress.

ELTON JOHN
Feb 17, 2014
microplastic: free!

corona familiar
Aug 13, 2021

mawarannahr posted:

Lol just thought about blenders and food processors. gently caress.

hey it could be worse. it could be microwave safe plastic takeout

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

ELTON JOHN posted:

microplastic: free!

a strange fowl
Oct 27, 2022

Gravid Topiary posted:

you know who's probably not having a lonely saturday night was this pair of burying beetles i saw tonight getting ready for some cool sexy times inside this dead mouse

:unsmith: they're in love

Mola Yam
Jun 18, 2004

Kali Ma Shakti de!

Xaris posted:

sperm concentrations have also plummeted in guys

could one of our gay male posters please say

"well I'm doing my part!"

really camp it up too, put a lotta queen on it.

Gravid Topiary
Feb 16, 2012

a strange fowl posted:

:unsmith: they're in love

they protect and feed their offspring during their entire larval stage, fighting off predator insects and regurgitating food into their little wormy jaws when they beg until the kids are able to fend for themselves, which is pretty amazing

they also eat their kids if they're weird or ugly or slow but hey

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

Leroy Diplowski posted:

Bombing down hills especially when there are cars around or I'm on singletrack I get this sort of vision of myself hitting a tree or a car or my wheel falling off and my body getting utterly ragdolled and for some reason it leads to this mad exhilaration where I feel like I'm both invincible and already dead and the sky is so blue and the wind is so fresh and I can smell every dandelion pushing up through cracks in the pavement as they whiz by in a slow motion blur. I feel that I'm laughing like a lunatic but my jaw is set and I'm breathing deeply through my nostrils taking in huge volumes of air all of the way down to the small iron bar that lies at the core of my being. There is an anchor rode fastened to that iron bar that stretches to the center of the earth and in that moment I understand enlightenment, peace, and the ecstacy of faith.

back in college, a friend of mine got horribly injured riding a bike down a hill

he was riding down this steep hill in a dense SF neighborhood (probably going too fast, hard not to when the hill is a 20 degree grade) and a woman stepped out into the road without looking from behind a car. he barely had time to react and swerved to avoid hitting her, veering off to the other side of the road and slamming through the back of a parked car’s rear window. he was wearing a helmet, thank god, a sturdy drat thing (I’d seen it before) and it nearly split in two from the impact. as he gathered himself he realized that one of his cheeks had been cut clean in half by the glass, joker style, from the corner of his lip to his jaw joint, like just flapping in the breeze

I guess it was gushing a shitload of blood and the lady who had stepped out into the road just bolted without checking if he was ok or calling for help. someone else called an ambulance and he ended up with a ton of stitches and an overnight in the hospital due to the blood loss. He ended up with a real gnarly scar and a horrifying (but somewhat badass) party story. Really sucked though, but despite it being a little disfiguring he rocked it and it was actually not terrible for his dating life

I still felt bad for him tho

a strange fowl
Oct 27, 2022

Gravid Topiary posted:

they protect and feed their offspring during their entire larval stage, fighting off predator insects and regurgitating food into their little wormy jaws when they beg until the kids are able to fend for themselves, which is pretty amazing

they also eat their kids if they're weird or ugly or slow but hey
earwigs are apparently also fierce protectors of their young. who knows what kind of mysterious love dwells in the heart of insects?

4d3d3d
Mar 17, 2017
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
https://twitter.com/ProfBillMcGuire/status/1682315720498003969
More people + less food for them = ???

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

It's what's for dinner.
I don't get my rice from India, I get it from the shop down the road

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

that reminds me, india and pakistan have nukes pointed at each other

:thumbsup:

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

The Demilich posted:

I wonder how many microplastics are released with the flash frozen veggie bags that steam when you microwave them for 5 minutes.
I've wanted to mess around with sous vide for years, but

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice

Pobrecito posted:

whats the quote? biosphere collapse is going to be a series of increasingly terrible climate catastrophe videos on your phone until youre the one filming it

bad news about filming the latest climate catastrophe in europe

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Car Hater
May 7, 2007

wolf. bike.
Wolf. Bike.
Wolf! Bike!
WolfBike!
WolfBike!
ARROOOOOO!
Someone must have made a mistake, I was promised a long life with lots of opportunities for consumption and reproduction if I went to college and did well. This is not what I signed up for.