Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Ariamaki posted:

But in all seriousness I think my favorite part here (aside from Crab Driver:tm:) is that Hong Lu's mahou shoujou transformation sequence is like 90% of the attack animation and then he just bitchslaps them with about one million shrimps.

the true magic is solidarity with working-class fishermen

TeeQueue posted:

Looks more like the girl from san’s office

Anyways I can’t believe my “swimsuit Ishmael but it’s like a full diving suit” shitpost was dead on.

it's a diving suit but a moderately horny one, so it's kind of a compromise I guess??

"Boatworks" is a pretty funny fixer office. They just look bored as hell while fighting giant crabs it's great

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GilliamYaeger
Jan 10, 2012

Call Gespenst!

TeeQueue posted:

Looks more like the girl from san’s office
Nah, the figure on the right's holding Rain's chainsword (and is also probably a guy seeing as they're running around shirtless according to Sinclair's ID), and you can juuuuust see Olga's ponytail on the figure in the back holding the wrench. That means that Ish's ID is probably Rain, and you can actually see one of her pigtails on the figure in the middle.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

I don't think it's actually them but good for them if it is because they fit into both the "likable" and "didn't have it coming" categories of library victims. hope we don't murder them.

Numbus26
Jun 23, 2023
I think I might have finally found something in season 2 worth sharding for in this event. You can't drop Magical Shrimp Hong Lu(especially with that corrosion of all the shrimp panicking) and not get it no matter the cost.

Omniphile
Apr 5, 2010

Love? Justice? Pah! I'll crush them all!
After much procrastination I finally fell down the Limbus rabbit hole. Somehow managed to 1-pull Cinq Don, who is now level 26 and will definitely get uptie-4'd at first opportunity.

I just beat Kromer through the absurd means of using Mexican Sinclair and Cinq Don as sin batteries for Hong Lu's base EGO (underleveled base Ryoshu ID also pulled some weight.) Onwards to chicken.

Arcanuse
Mar 15, 2019

I knew we would see more shrimpboat. :allears:
...well, it's an E.G.O. not an identity, but still.
Oh, and might get to see that Sticky Muck/Walking Pearl abno fight?
looked like it or something similar was there for a moment

e: also wonder what's up in that ishmael background; water looking p cleanly divided back there between horribly polluted and crystal clear

e2: also also, crackpot wondering if K-corp's product has anything to do with those critters
turning out the 'original form of humanity' is become crab

Arcanuse fucked around with this message at 12:19 on Jul 21, 2023

Ariamaki
Jun 30, 2011

"I'm the most powerful
search engine in the world!"
-- The GoogleProg

Omniphile posted:

After much procrastination I finally fell down the Limbus rabbit hole. Somehow managed to 1-pull Cinq Don, who is now level 26 and will definitely get uptie-4'd at first opportunity.

I just beat Kromer through the absurd means of using Mexican Sinclair and Cinq Don as sin batteries for Hong Lu's base EGO (underleveled base Ryoshu ID also pulled some weight.) Onwards to chicken.

Huzzah! Welcome aboard the bus, glad you're having fun, and I deeply appreciate the idea of Jefe and Cinq just basically cheerleading / doing chip damage to fuel an infinite stream of Land of Illusions.

GilliamYaeger posted:

Nah, the figure on the right's holding Rain's chainsword (and is also probably a guy seeing as they're running around shirtless according to Sinclair's ID), and you can juuuuust see Olga's ponytail on the figure in the back holding the wrench. That means that Ish's ID is probably Rain, and you can actually see one of her pigtails on the figure in the middle.

Yeah you know what? They even went out of their way to censor the NAME of the Boatworks.

And it's *about* five characters long in English text: What are the odds that doesn't say "Molar"?

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013

Arcanuse posted:

e2: also also, crackpot wondering if K-corp's product has anything to do with those critters
turning out the 'original form of humanity' is become crab

So the final boss will be crab Samjo? :v:

Arcanuse
Mar 15, 2019

yes

K(rab)-corp dumping bad batches and/or what's left of the odd employee wot fell in the goop out in the ocean, where it is now someone elses problem
e:(it is us, our problem)

GilliamYaeger
Jan 10, 2012

Call Gespenst!

You can see the M and the O at the start and the R at the end, it's definitely Molar Office.

Omniphile
Apr 5, 2010

Love? Justice? Pah! I'll crush them all!

Ariamaki posted:

Huzzah! Welcome aboard the bus, glad you're having fun, and I deeply appreciate the idea of Jefe and Cinq just basically cheerleading / doing chip damage to fuel an infinite stream of Land of Illusions.

Imagine a very frustrated Kromer trying and miserably failing to mindbreak the party.

Kromer: "How are you more sane than you were at the start of this fight?!"
Hong Lu: :smuggo:

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

The time has come. Soon, the bell shall ring. A new world will come. Rise, my servants. Rise and serve me. I am death and life. Darkness and light.
I guess we'll finally find out the answer to the age-old question: What do you do do with a drunken sailor?

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Huh. I don't know what I expected.

Lurks With Wolves
Jan 14, 2013

At least I don't dance with them, right?

Yinlock posted:

the discard meta is back, and it's pissed

Also boy they really love Ishmael this season huh. Maybe next Canto won't be about her since they just gave her 3 IDs in a very short time-frame

e: also Ryoshu just got 2 EGOs but I guess she just gets all of them, otoh it's very funny.

To be fair, Sinclair didn't get anything new in Season 1 until the literal last banner. And all Yi Sang's gotten this season is one boss character (unless he gets the other boss character ID at the end of the season). They may just want to load up on Ishmael IDs now before they have to make all the IDs she gets an "important story beat they need to wait to show people".

EDIT: Well, anything new in the gacha. You get the point.

Lurks With Wolves fucked around with this message at 15:32 on Jul 21, 2023

Garren_Windspear
Dec 8, 2013
So the return of Molar Officer, Ishmael getting showered with love and IDs and magical shrimp boy Hong Lu. Yeah I can get behind this event.

The only real question now is this; to 100% the event which will we end up killing more of - Bongy or Mecha-Crab? Place your bets now!

Garren_Windspear fucked around with this message at 15:36 on Jul 21, 2023

LostRook
Jun 7, 2013
So 3.5 is Urban Myth and 4.5 is Urban Legend. So 5.5 is Urban Plague?

Quite a few more options with that one so it's tough to guess who it could be offhand, aside from the ones already out of the running.

Marluxia
May 8, 2008

I am surprised it took this long for Limbus Company to directly spoil Library of Ruina. No question that's Molar Office there.

Garren_Windspear posted:

The only real question now is this; to 100% the event which will we end up killing more of - Bongy or Mecha-Crab? Place your bets now!

I think and hope Project Moon noticed how bad the grind was for the first event, seeing as they gave it an extension? So hopefully the grind this time will be a bit more bearable?

Marluxia fucked around with this message at 16:07 on Jul 21, 2023

GoodluckJonathan
Oct 31, 2003

Charge team seems actually good now. Got my first MD2 hard win, against the bull no less. Honestly I am finally having "fun" with this game instead of it seeming like a chore. I like the balance of MD2 hard.

Verant
Oct 20, 2012

Go on an adventure ordained by fate?
-->Okay.
-->Eh.

LostRook posted:

So 3.5 is Urban Myth and 4.5 is Urban Legend. So 5.5 is Urban Plague?

Quite a few more options with that one so it's tough to guess who it could be offhand, aside from the ones already out of the running.

I doubt we'll go quite that fast, especially since Urban Legend gives us more offices/syndicates to work with compared Urban Myth, which was just Pierre's Bistro and Streetlight Office.

YES bread
Jun 16, 2006
yeah i think they really nailed it with md2 hard, now im wondering what the hell theyve got cooking for md3

LostRook
Jun 7, 2013

Verant posted:

I doubt we'll go quite that fast, especially since Urban Legend gives us more offices/syndicates to work with compared Urban Myth, which was just Pierre's Bistro and Streetlight Office.

Aren't the only other Urban Legends the Stray Dogs and Axe Gang? Not sure if they are worth the effort.

All the major associations, corps and syndicates are getting they own dedicated worlds. Events seem limited to offices and smaller organizations.

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

The time has come. Soon, the bell shall ring. A new world will come. Rise, my servants. Rise and serve me. I am death and life. Darkness and light.

Marluxia posted:

I am surprised it took this long for Limbus Company to directly spoil Library of Ruina. No question that's Molar Office there.

I think and hope Project Moon noticed how bad the grind was for the first event, seeing as they gave it an extension? So hopefully the grind this time will be a bit more bearable?

They said they realized they made bongy too grindy so they’ll probably fix it somewhat this time.

GilliamYaeger
Jan 10, 2012

Call Gespenst!

TeeQueue posted:

They said they realized they made bongy too grindy so they’ll probably fix it somewhat this time.
Mt biggest hope is that there's multiple endings to the bonus dungeon. Being able to have a different boss fight at the end would do a lot to make the grind less monotonous - it already makes MD2 hard less monotonous - as would trying to get the conditions to unlock those alternate endings. Works in Arknights, it'll work here.

Marluxia
May 8, 2008

I'm hoping they just make it a single battle, like the luxcavations. Dungeons are absolutely not a daily thing and should not be a thing you have to grind. Have a bonus dungeon be tough and give a one time reward or maybe weekly reward and then single battles for the grind.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead
here lies yi sang: dante forgot about mind whip again

GilliamYaeger
Jan 10, 2012

Call Gespenst!

Ariamaki posted:

Yeah you know what? They even went out of their way to censor the NAME of the Boatworks.

And it's *about* five characters long in English text: What are the odds that doesn't say "Molar"?

Once you're looking for it, it's pretty obvious that it's M-O-[??]-R. Furthermore:

The weapons are an almost exact match. Even the loving teeth match - they're only misaligned here because I shrunk the Ruina version a little.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
So, wait, do you think we'll actually fight Opened Can of Wellcheers in the event?

AweStriker
Oct 6, 2014

Junpei posted:

So, wait, do you think we'll actually fight Opened Can of Wellcheers in the event?

I don’t - we know nearly nothing about Basilisoup, the abno connected to Lifetime Stew, because it didn’t come up in Hell’s Chicken

RandomReader
Nov 17, 2021

Junpei posted:

I'm leaning towards no, we didn't fight the soup dragon in the cookoff and we seem to have our hands full with crabs of various sizes so no room for a surprise Well-shrimp fight. That said, we also didn't actually meet the cannibals for the cookoff IDs back then and it seems like we're going to be meeting Molar office in their new career this time.

Marluxia
May 8, 2008

So you know the discard bug that eventually got patched out? I kind of wonder if we'll get that back, as part of the Molar Office's ID.

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

...We danced the Mamushka while Nero fiddled, we danced the Mamushka at Waterloo. We danced the Mamushka for Jack the Ripper, and now, Fester Addams, this Mamushka is for you....
We will not fight the shrimp guys here, because they're reserved as the main antagonist of Chapter 5.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Marluxia posted:

TBF they're not gonna spoil much beyond the fact that the book'd people came back, they weren't exactly in the know about what was going on there

e: hell i'm pretty sure Olga will just write the entire thing off as a huge bender she forgot about

Yinlock fucked around with this message at 21:04 on Jul 21, 2023

Marluxia
May 8, 2008

Yeah, but it's still a spoiler that Molar Office actually isn't dead.

studio mujahideen
May 3, 2005

the mass debooking is a completely unavoidable spoiler going forward, and doesnt really spoil the other wilder, cooler stuff that happens at the end of ruina, anyway

Arkanian
Sep 18, 2013

GilliamYaeger posted:

That means that Ish's ID is probably Rain, and you can actually see one of her pigtails on the figure in the middle.

otoh, Ishmael's ID picture has her doing Olga's iconic(?) hand on forehead hungover pose, so...

(Can't claim credit for the pic, someone on reddit spotted this one)

Verant
Oct 20, 2012

Go on an adventure ordained by fate?
-->Okay.
-->Eh.
I'm honestly looking forward to when we get to go to R Corp since I really, really want closure on what happened with what happened to the two pairs of the 4th Pack given the Head's stance on cloning.

Marluxia
May 8, 2008

GilliamYaeger posted:

Wait how do you figure? If the chainsword is Rain's, and Sinclair is the ID wielding it then Sinclair has the Rain ID, no?

Einander
Sep 14, 2008

"Yeh've forged a magnificent sword."

"This one's only practice. The real sword I intend to forge will be three times longer."

"Can there really be a sword as monstrous as that in this world?"

"Yes. I can see that sword... Somewhere out there..."

Verant posted:

I'm honestly looking forward to when we get to go to R Corp since I really, really want closure on what happened with what happened to the two pairs of the 4th Pack given the Head's stance on cloning.

Either half or all of those people are dead. Either they obediently fought to the death as always before they hit the legal time limit on how long you can have multiple clones of the same people, or they refused and ran for their lives, in which case they got Claws sent after them and died. The Head takes its forbidden technologies very seriously.

Marluxia
May 8, 2008

The 4th Pack is probably on the run anyway, given the Library was supposed to be their last chance to redeem themselves before R Corp sent in the Ravens to cull then all.

There is a bit of a wrinkle for the clones killing each other before the Head does it for them, however. If Angela had a bit more of time, she would have sent everyone back to where they were, but she didn't, and they were scattered all over. Hence how Love Town and the Purple Tear ended up destroying the orphanage Vergil ran. The two group of 4th Pack could have ended up on the opposite side of the City.

Marluxia fucked around with this message at 23:23 on Jul 21, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RandomReader
Nov 17, 2021

Einander posted:

Either half or all of those people are dead. Either they obediently fought to the death as always before they hit the legal time limit on how long you can have multiple clones of the same people, or they refused and ran for their lives, in which case they got Claws sent after them and died. The Head takes its forbidden technologies very seriously.
I really doubt the 4th pack is all dead because that would be an unsatisfying resolution to them actually surviving Ruina. "Whoa, how is the 4th pack going to make it out alive if R. Corp wants them dead and the Head will too if both versions live? Oh, they just got murdered months ago in the background."

I think it's possible they just hosed off into the Outskirts and the Head let that go. When the T. Corp technician explains the rules, he says that 2+ of the same person can't exist in the City, which means leaving the City might be viable. The other rule they talk about is that if R. Corp breaks the previous rule, the Head is going to swat down the whole Wing, and from what Dante's Notes says about R. Corp, they're still kicking, so I don't think the Head got involved. On top of that, R. Corp was very clear that they were going to cut off the 4th pack if they hosed up the Library job, and they did, twice. Neither pack can go back to R. Corp, and neither pack can stay in the City while the other lives, which could put them in this almost prisoners dilemma-esque situation of either leaving the city or sticking around and hoping the other pack is no longer living in the City by the deadline, either cause they managed to track down and kill them or they left.