Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Biggest disappointment of 2023?
The Dallas Cowboys (gently caress 'em)
The New York Giants
The Philadephia Eagles
The Washington Washingtons
Myself for watching NFC East Clownball
View Results

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer

Cartoon Man posted:

You notice he hasn’t guaranteed he’ll be a top five quarterback.

I 100% guarantee that Dak Prescott will, once again, be a top 5 quarterback in the NFL this season

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

blarzgh posted:

He's 100% right that at least 5 of those were drops/Receiver mistakes, but I actually hope he has about 10 interceptions and keeps his career INT% of about 1.75 because that means he's driving the ball down the field and attempting valuable passes.

I'd much rather him have another 2019/2022 season where he throws 35+ TDs, 10 INTS with 7 AYA vs andother 2017/18 where its 22 TDs but only 8 INTs 6 air yards per attempt

Oh, there you are.

I'm not saying he's wrong either but a QB, as a leader, should put the blame on his shoulders and never make excuses, IMO. That's part of what he's paid for as the largest salary on the team and I don't think a top five QB publicly calling out his teammates for drops is a great look. Pull them aside, do some extra work with them and work it out in the locker room or in practice. I also don't think he should be so openly stat focused.

I like Dak and think he's a good player but I can't imagine Tom Brady, Pat Mahomes or even Jalen Hurts publicly blaming his receivers for INT's like this and tweeting about his stat predictions like a fantasy team owner. This is a team game for sure but the QB is PAID to get the credit as well as take the blame.

If you're a Cowboys WR, how do you feel about your "leader" publicly deflecting blame for your team's failures when he's the highest paid player on the field or openly worrying about his individual numbers?

All he had to say was "we're going to work even harder this year as a team to cut down on our turnovers and take the next step towards bringing a championship to Dallas. And it all starts with me being better. All of us are going to get better." Not setting the over/under on his QBR.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

BiggerBoat posted:

If you're a Cowboys WR, how do you feel about your "leader" publicly deflecting blame for your team's failures when he's the highest paid player on the field or openly worrying about his individual numbers?

you don't give a poo poo because an entire city will bend to your will to keep you happy

Not saying other cities aren't the same with their sports stars, but there are few lows Dallas as a city won't resort to when it comes to the Cowboys

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer
How about stop dropping the ball

Also when you read the quote he specifically says, "I'm not putting on the receivers" and goes on to say that it's a combination of bad luck, bad timing, and defensive alignment and positioning

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Strong Jeff George vibes

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

I saw this pop back up to the top of my bookmarked threads and came to see what was happening.

Yes, predictably, fans of other NFC East teams preemptively whining about the rear end-whooping God's team is going to put on them this season.

A lot of talk about Dak, but none about the 2023 Cowboys D, which is going to absolutely maul everyone they face. There are going to be a lot of tears shed ITT by Iggles and Giants fans, much gnashing of teeth. Normally it's in late August the poo poo talking starts, but I'm fine with it happening now. The Cowboys D this season might rival the 1985 Bears.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

:siren: Today is the day! :siren:

https://wtop.com/washington-commanders/2023/07/its-now-or-never-nfl-owners-meet-to-approve-sale-of-washington-commanders/

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/TomPelissero/status/1682086799353552896?t=2hSTvsk5j0JVkXc22rimRQ&s=19

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

love how there's team coverage around here of the end of dan snyder

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

It’s done!

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/38043528/nfl-owners-approve-605b-sale-commanders-harris-group

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
time to exhale

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret
Congrats Washington fans. I hope you guys improve to third in the division for the foreseeable future (Dallas of course finishing last because gently caress the Cowboys).

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

So Dan Snyder played ball and sold the team and so because of that the NFL is releasing the “slap on the wrist” version of the Mary Jo White investigation. I guarantee there’s a real version out there that’s much more incriminating and damning but also makes the NFL look bad too for allowing him to do it all.

A sixty million fine when he just got 6 billion…

https://www.hogshaven.com/2023/7/20/23802336/dan-snyder-fined-60-million-after-mary-jo-white-nfl-investigation-findings-released

Bull loving poo poo, they absolutely have that evidence but are covering it up.

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer
Congratulations Washington football team fans.

Hope is really the commodity that the NFL sells, and after a long night, your team is back on the market.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Fans had gathered at a popular bar in DC to celebrate Snyder’s demise. An hour after the sale Josh Harris bought the whole bar a round beer. :cheers:

https://wtop.com/gallery/dc/dan-charged-us-double-fans-react-to-commanders-sale-enjoy-free-beer-from-new-owner/

pro starcraft loser
Jan 23, 2006

Stand back, this could get messy.

Yaaaaaaaay!

It's insane how universally hated he is around here. I haven't heard a single person say a nice thing about him.

Politicians can't do that, ultra rich industrialists can't do that, but Snyder found a way.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Others have said it better than me but he truly and methodically killed off one of the largest and most passionate fanbases in all of football. RFK was always sold out every week with legions of burgundy and gold fans and hardly any opposing team fans in sight. Hell FedEx field was too at the beginning, all 90,000 of them. The waitlist for season tickets was legendary. You signed up for them in the hopes that your next generation would get to use it, it was at least a decade at one point. It’s amazing how Snyder killed all of that within 20 years. Hell it was really around 15 years to be honest. I think the RG3 rookie year was the last hurrah of a dying fandom. When that imploded most of us just frankly had enough. I quit going to games sometime after that.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

the football team

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

:siren:

https://twitter.com/DVNJr/status/1682359303137533968?s=20

predicto
Jul 22, 2004

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON
:dance:

Redeye Flight
Mar 26, 2010

God, I'm so tired. What the hell did I post last night?
Magic Johnson Max Charisma Rebuild Burned Bridges In DC Area Speedrun?

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Redeye Flight posted:

Magic Johnson Max Charisma Rebuild Burned Bridges In DC Area Speedrun?

Yup

https://twitter.com/Commanders/status/1682757640227618818?s=20

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Oh that is such a backhanded burn bringing up Gibbs's stats. Love to see it.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

I'm disappointed that there isnt more in there about respecting employees and making it a great place to work.

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

I'm disappointed that there isnt more in there about respecting employees and making it a great place to work.

This is corporate america we're talking about buddy. They probably think snyder did nothing wrong in this regard.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Asproigerosis posted:

This is corporate america we're talking about buddy. They probably think snyder did nothing wrong in this regard.
Oh I'm well aware, but thats why I'd expect more of it to be said by the new corporate overlords.

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer
Now that training camp has officially begun, it's time for me to resume my post.

The night is dark and full of terrors

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/SharpFootball/status/1675512488748515328?t=l04m7yvOmiEMNB1q0-ye2g&s=19

predicto
Jul 22, 2004

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON

Any list that has Jimmy Garoppolo that high clearly is not measuring anything useful

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

blarzgh posted:

Now that training camp has officially begun, it's time for me to resume my post.

The night is dak and full of terrors

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

What is interception percentage on 3rd and long ?

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer

TY

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/benbbaldwin/status/1684228663343022081?t=YXN4t4UN5KChey6Sb7-Rkw&s=19

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
what the hell is going on in Tennesse

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
While I would expect Dak to be better than he was last year, INT-wise

there's a voice in my head that's been laughing since Zeke got absolutely destroyed to end the season

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Shinjobi posted:

there's a voice in my head that's been laughing since Zeke got absolutely destroyed to end the season
same

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Yeah I know, it's about the only thing the whole thread can bond over

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.
Day one camp report: Daniel Jones is in the BEST SHAPE OF HIS LIFE and BUILDING CHEMISTRY WITH THE FREE AGENT ADDITIONS TO THE ROSTER

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

davecrazy posted:

Day one camp report: Daniel Jones is in the BEST SHAPE OF HIS LIFE and BUILDING CHEMISTRY WITH THE FREE AGENT ADDITIONS TO THE ROSTER

Danny Dimes MVP/Super Bowl MVP season incoming for the greatest comedy in NFL history