Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

I can't put a ps5 in the living room cause FFXVI is full of swear words, drug use, and nasty sex. Video games have grown up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!

Harrow posted:

FF16 is real good but I still feel like a dumbass for having a ps5 lol

cardinale
Jul 11, 2016

I bought a ps5 so i could play ffxvi and i think i hurt my back carrying it home from the shop, that thing was way heavier than i expected

I like the game though

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Harrow posted:

FF16 is real good but I still feel like a dumbass for having a ps5 lol

pretty much lol. but hell here i am

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

On the bright side I won't have to wait until 2025 for FF7 Rebirth

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

Harrow posted:

this is the real thing

Nutmeg
Feb 8, 2004

Harrow posted:

this and death stranding 2 probably being exclusive on launch has me looking for a digital edition right now. the internet sucks and spoilers will be flying soon after their releases

Hizke
Feb 14, 2010
I have a ps5 and for awhile the only thing I played on it for any significant amount of time was bloodborne lol. Great investment.

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Hizke posted:

I have a ps5 and for awhile the only thing I played on it for any significant amount of time was bloodborne lol. Great investment.

I think the only PS5 game I've played which is actually "exclusive" is Demon's Souls which is a remake of a 14 year old game lol.

Nutmeg
Feb 8, 2004
well i bought one, sony cucked me

buffalo all day
Mar 13, 2019

Pablo Nergigante posted:

I think the only PS5 game I've played which is actually "exclusive" is Demon's Souls which is a remake of a 14 year old game lol.

I guess returnal doesn’t count since now it’s on pc but that game seriously whips

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

buffalo all day posted:

I guess returnal doesn’t count since now it’s on pc but that game seriously whips

only pc has the samus version so its pc exclusive now

buffalo all day
Mar 13, 2019

Evil Eagle posted:

only pc has the samus version so its pc exclusive now

g…gah!!!

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

buffalo all day posted:

Returdal. Retardal. Returinal

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Returdal. Retardal. Returinal

don't sign your posts three times in a row

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

returnal. the game to the store.

Autisanal Cheese
Nov 29, 2010

b_d posted:

returnal. the game to the store.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Prenatal.

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!
the new one is very, very good so far

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

replaying final fanty 9 on xbox. looks like they lost the original prerendered backgrounds, they look like rear end here. music and gameplay are still great tho. vivi ftw.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Yeah they did lose the original renders unfortunately

On PC the Moguri Mod does an excellent job upscaling them because a lot of it was touched up by hand

my morning jackass
Aug 24, 2009

what happened at square that caused them to lose all their poo poo? the entire ffviii code, ix renders etc.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

my morning jackass posted:

what happened at square that caused them to lose all their poo poo? the entire ffviii code, ix renders etc.

It wasn't that uncommon back in the day for game devs to get rid of code/assets when a game was done since storage was expensive

welcome
Jun 28, 2002

rail slut
I think developers just deleted source code all the time like TV stations used to do with old Super Bowls or whatever. Cheaper than not deleting them.

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

They needed the hard drive space for Spirits Within lol

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 33 hours!

nintendo is the only company that keeps a meticulous archive of every single thing they've ever made other companies keep it on a floppy disc some random employee took home one day and forgot about

----------------

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

nintendo is the only company that keeps a meticulous archive of every single thing they've ever made other companies keep it on a floppy disc some random employee took home one day and forgot about

Yeah Nintendo is an outlier for this tbh

my morning jackass
Aug 24, 2009

really interesting, never considered how expensive storage was then as now it’s fairly cheap.

it’s kinda sad.

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

sad but true... metallica

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

b_d posted:

This

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

b_d posted:

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Also the storage "story" is a cover. You don't want to fall into this rabbit hole man...just stop asking questions.

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020

Fukashima

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 33 hours!
lol you think im going to save all these gay rear end backgrounds no one cares about no sir we're deleting all that poo poo to make room for the bouncer

----------------

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

b_d posted:

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

Those mfers are still making hanafuda cards from 100 years ago.

Kagaya Homoraisan
Aug 28, 2019

You say, run away
Instead, you get scared
For the way that I feel
Drops out into all this disorder

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

lol you think im going to save all these gay rear end backgrounds no one cares about no sir we're deleting all that poo poo to make room for the bouncer

worth it

my morning jackass
Aug 24, 2009

I bought a ps5 today and am starting xvi. hype af.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

New console ftmfw.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

buffalo all day
Mar 13, 2019

Hell yeah :cheersdoge: