Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

apophenium
Apr 14, 2009

Cry 'Mayhem!' and let slip the dogs of Wardlow.

SG Bamboo posted:

NJPW G1 Climax 33 Night 3 July 19th
HM

Ren Narita vs Yota Tsuji
Will Ospreay vs YOSHI-HASHI
SANADA vs Shota Umino
Kazuchika Okada vs El Phantasmo

+1 to these, especially liked the main event with Okada and El Phantasmo. Lots of great near falls at the end.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bonk
Aug 4, 2002

Douche Baggins

forkboy84 posted:

HM
30th June
Michinoku Pro 2023 Tokyo Tournament Vol.1 Free and Open Minded
MPW Tohoku Tag Team Titles
Kazuki Hashimoto & MUSASHI(c) vs Kagetora & Yoshitsune
Watch this here

MUSASHI is MPro's best kept secret and I'm shocked he's not a bigger deal nationwide.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

MOTYC: Blackpool Combat Club (Mox, Claudio, Yuta, Takeshita & PAC) vs. The Golden Elite (Kenny, Hangman, The Bucks & Ibushi) in a Blood and Guts match - AEW Dynamite 7/19

Ibushi looking lost/possibly hurt for most of the match aside, this was loving insanely great with a perfect ending.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Jerusalem posted:

MOTYC: Blackpool Combat Club (Mox, Claudio, Yuta, Takeshita & PAC) vs. The Golden Elite (Kenny, Hangman, The Bucks & Ibushi) in a Blood and Guts match - AEW Dynamite 7/19

Ibushi looking lost/possibly hurt for most of the match aside, this was loving insanely great with a perfect ending.

Nth this. Tremendous storytelling.

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

Jerusalem posted:

:sickos:

closet statist
Mar 9, 2010

HM: Blackpool Combat Club (Mox, Claudio, Yuta, Takeshita & PAC) vs. The Golden Elite (Kenny, Hangman, The Bucks & Ibushi) in a Blood and Guts match - AEW Dynamite 7/19

I loved this but it was a bit too wonky for a motyc and some poor camera work/tv direction at the end killed the finish (which in itself is a really good idea for a finish) for me. Still had a great time!

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer

Jerusalem posted:

nth

HM to Jack Perry vs. Hook, that was a fun one.

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

AEW Dynamite 7/19

HM: Better than You BayBay vs Daniel Garcia and Sammy Guevara

MOTYC: Blackpool Combat Club (Mox, Claudio, Yuta, Takeshita & PAC) vs. The Golden Elite (Kenny, Hangman, The Bucks & Ibushi) in a Blood and Guts match

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Jerusalem posted:

Agreed

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

A Fancy Hat posted:

AEW Dynamite 7/19

MOTYC: Blackpool Combat Club (Mox, Claudio, Yuta, Takeshita & PAC) vs. The Golden Elite (Kenny, Hangman, The Bucks & Ibushi) in a Blood and Guts match

Seconded, loved the finish of the main event, played off the story of the feud perfectly.

apophenium
Apr 14, 2009

Cry 'Mayhem!' and let slip the dogs of Wardlow.

Jerusalem posted:

+1, though I thought Ibushi looked pretty good. In fact, I wasn't feeling the match much at all til he showed up. Everything past that was super fun.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

apophenium posted:

+1, though I thought Ibushi looked pretty good. In fact, I wasn't feeling the match much at all til he showed up. Everything past that was super fun.

He looked a little slow and off on kicks but the major thing that looked "bad" was his punches were just weird but that was a stylistic choice.

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

A Fancy Hat posted:

AEW Dynamite 7/19

Punch McLightning posted:

HM to Jack Perry vs. Hook, that was a fun one.

nth, quite the show!

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

A Fancy Hat posted:

AEW Dynamite 7/19

First one was a *ton* of fun and the second had me on the edge of my seat the whole way through. Nth.

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

NJPW G1 Climax 33 Night 4 July 19th
MOTYC
Shingo Takagi vs HENARE
- Shades of their KOPW war, fantastic stuff

HM
Zack Sabre Jr vs Toru Yano
Alex Coughlin vs Jeff Cobb
Hiroshi Tanahashi vs Shane Haste
Tomohiro Ishii vs Tama Tonga

G1 continues to G1, loving love it

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

A Fancy Hat posted:

AEW Dynamite 7/19

Nth to both. Great show.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
HM: HOOK (c) vs. Jack Perry, AEW Dynamite, 19/07
MOTYC: Better Than You BayBay vs. Sammy Guevara/Daniel Garcia, AEW Dynamite, 19/07
MOTYC: Blood and Guts, AEW Dynamite, 19/07

What a loving Dynamite

Kevino07
Oct 16, 2008
HM: HOOK (c) vs. Jack Perry, AEW Dynamite, 19/07
HM: Better Than You BayBay vs. Sammy Guevara/Daniel Garcia, AEW Dynamite, 19/07
HM: Blood and Guts, AEW Dynamite, 19/07

Good show this week

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
HM: Toru Yano vs. Zack Sabre Jr., NJPW G1 Climax 33 Night 4, 19/07
HM: Alex Coughlin vs. Jeff Cobb, NJPW G1 Climax 33 Night 4, 19/07
MOTYC: Shingo Takagi vs. HENARE, NJPW G1 Climax 33 Night 4, 19/07
HM: Tama Tonga vs. Tomohiro Ishii, NJPW G1 Climax 33 Night 4, 19/07

Crapple!
Nov 1, 2019

Kevino07 posted:

HM: Blood and Guts, AEW Dynamite, 19/07[/b]

Good show this week

nth. think this was a good match

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

AEW Dynamite 7/19

MOTYC: Better than You BayBay vs Daniel Garcia and Sammy Guevara

Nthing these, thanks hat

this kid is nuts
Mar 30, 2016

SG Bamboo posted:

NJPW G1 Climax 33 Night 4 July 19th
MOTYC
Shingo Takagi vs HENARE
- Shades of their KOPW war, fantastic stuff

Nth, dunno how and why these two have such great chemistry but it's been one of the highlights of wrestling this year for me

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

ROH Honor Club 7/20

HM: Utami Hayashishita vs. Trish Adora
HM: Shane Taylor vs. Dalton Castle
HM: "Legit" Leyla Hirsch vs. Nicole Matthews
HM: Darius Martin & Action Andretti vs. The Bollywood Boyz (Harv and Gurv Sihra) vs. The Kingdom (Mike Bennett & Matt Taven) vs. The WorkHorsemen (JD Drake & Anthony Henry)

Alice Liddell
Sep 14, 2004

I want to forget!
Who would choose to be alone, imprisoned by their broken memories?
MOTYC: Better Than You BayBay vs. Sammy Guevara/Daniel Garcia, AEW Dynamite - 7/19
MOTYC: Blood and Guts, AEW Dynamite - 7/19

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
HM: Ren Narita vs. Gabriel Kidd, NJPW G1 Climax 33 Night 5, 21/07

Beating The Piss Out Of Each Other: The Match

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
HM: The Great O-Khan vs. El Phantasmo, NJPW G1 Climax 33 Night 5, 21/07

Never headbutt a Samoan, never powerbomb Rey Mysterio and never twist the Great O-Khan's nips

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
HM: KENTA vs. Will Ospreay, NJPW G1 Climax 33 Night 5, 21/07

Washed KENTA was saving all his effort for this one

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Rarity posted:

HM: KENTA vs. Will Ospreay, NJPW G1 Climax 33 Night 5, 21/07

KENTA was saving all his effort for this one

Hell yeah, this was really drat good with a hell of a finish.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

HM: Shota Umino vs. Kaito Kiyomiya - NJPW G1 Climax Night 5 7/21

Match was really drat good, and the opening seeing the two finally facing off one-on-one ruled, but goddamn what an ending!

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
HM: Kaito Kiyomiya vs. Shota Umino, NJPW G1 Climax 33 Night 5, 21/07

Real good show today

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
MOTYC: Kazuchika Okada vs. Taichi, NJPW G1 Climax 33 Night 5, 21/07

Taichi is real and my friend

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
MOTYC: SANADA vs. Yota Tsuji, NJPW G1 Climax 33 Night 5, 21/07

Now this was a G1 card

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

HM: Kazuchika Okada vs. Taichi - NJPW G1 Climax Night 5 7/21

Okada has been fantastic all tournament and just continues to shine, plus Taichi is always great when he decides to bring it in G1.

HM: SANADA vs. Yota Tsuji - NJPW G1 Climax Night 5 7/21

The chemistry these two have together makes me think we're going to see a lot more of the two of them, and I'm happy about that!

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

GAME PLANS? We don't need no stinking game plans.

:cry: :cry: :cry:
G1 Climax 33 night 5

Hm: gabe Kidd v ren Narita

Hm : gok v elp

Hm: ospreay v kenta

Motyc : kaito Kiyomiya v shota umino

Motyc : Kazuchika Okada v taichi (match of the tournament so far)

Hm : sanada v yota tsuji

ThePariah
Feb 10, 2014

Rarity posted:

HM: Kaito Kiyomiya vs. Shota Umino, NJPW G1 Climax 33 Night 5, 21/07

Real good show today

Jerusalem posted:

HM: Kazuchika Okada vs. Taichi - NJPW G1 Climax Night 5 7/21

Okada has been fantastic all tournament and just continues to shine, plus Taichi is always great when he decides to bring it in G1.

HM: SANADA vs. Yota Tsuji - NJPW G1 Climax Night 5 7/21

The chemistry these two have together makes me think we're going to see a lot more of the two of them, and I'm happy about that!

Nth these.

Price Check
Oct 9, 2012

Burn Down Canberra posted:

G1 Climax 33 night 5

Hm: gabe Kidd v ren Narita

Hm : gok v elp

Hm: ospreay v kenta

Motyc : kaito Kiyomiya v shota umino

Motyc : Kazuchika Okada v taichi (match of the tournament so far)

Hm : sanada v yota tsuji

I'll Nth these. What a show.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

HM
16th July
All Japan Summer Action Series Night 2
Hokuto Omori, Minoru Suzuki, Naoki Tanizaki & Naruki Doi vs Kento Miyahara, Ren Ayabe, Rising HAYATO & Shuji Ishikawa
Watch this here

Real nice warmup for Sunday's Tag Title match with Kento & Yuma vs Omori & Suzuki.

MOTYC
16th July
All Japan Summer Action Series Night 2
Tenryu Project United Nations Tag Team Titles
Zennichi Shin Jidai (Atsuki Aoyagi & Yuma Aoyagi)(c) vs Evolution (Dan Tamura & Suwama)
Watch this here

HM
18th June
Big Japan in Korakuen
Barbwire Board Deathmatch
Kazumi Kikuta & Yuki Ishikawa vs Yankee Two Kenju (Isami Kodaka & Yuko Miyamoto)
Watch this here

Just very solid deathmatch nonsense from 4 of the most consistent guys Big Japan use regularly. Match is clipped though because it's Samurai TV. Honestly, their insistence on clipping shows to 2 hours when their schedule is just loads of repeats is infuriating. It's not 1998 anymore, broadcast the full show. If you need to get your schedule lineup to the top of the hour then just fill the time with old matches from the archives or something.

HM
18th June
Big Japan in Korakuen
BJW Junior Heavyweight Title
Kaji Tomato(c) vs Ender Kara
Watch this here

BJW's Junior division has often ended up an after-thought but I really think Sekifuda & now Tomato have helped steady it, this was good stuff. Really helped elevated Kara.

Main event...Making Yuya Aoki's first title defence be against Ryota Hama seems setting him up to fail, which is very Big Japan. Their booking makes NOAH's look positively forward thinking & pro-youth sometimes. Hama has done some good stuff in the past but the guy is 5'9, over 400lbs & in his 40s now. There's a reason this is his first BJW singles match since 2021 & his first singles match to go over 10 minutes since 2019

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

HM: Gravity vs. Komander - ROH Death Before Dishonor 7/21
Great high action opener that really opened my eyes to Gravity who I don't think I'd ever seen wrestle before.

HM: Samoa Joe (C) vs. Dalton Castle for the ROH TV Title - ROH Death Before Dishonor 7/21
Joe is the best and Dalton was amazing, as were The Boys, and Stokely on commentary and his role as part of ROH's Board of Directors played a great part too.

HM: Lucha Bros (C) vs. Aussie Open vs. Best Friends vs. The Kingdom for the ROH Tag Titles - ROH Death Before Dishonor 7/21
Three of the best tag teams in the world and The Kingdom in a chaotic and exciting match.

HM: Katsuyori Shibata (C) vs. Daniel Garcia for the ROH Pure Title - ROH Death Before Dishonor 7/21
Wrestling vs. Sports Entertainment condensed down to its (no pun intended) purest form, with a perfect finish.

HM: The Dark Order vs. The Righteous in a Fight Without Honor - ROH Death Before Dishonor 7/21
With no real background on this match/feud outside of Dark Order's ongoing struggles to be taken seriously in AEW, I was delighted by how good this was and how the simple story was told extremely well.

Main events still to come but so far this entire card has been a banger, even the matches I didn't nominate were absolutely worthwhile watching.

Spiggy
Apr 26, 2008

Not a cop

Jerusalem posted:

Great high action opener that really opened my eyes to Gravity who I don't think I'd ever seen wrestle before.

HM: Samoa Joe (C) vs. Dalton Castle for the ROH TV Title - ROH Death Before Dishonor 7/21
Joe is the best and Dalton was amazing, as were The Boys, and Stokely on commentary and his role as part of ROH's Board of Directors played a great part too.

HM: Lucha Bros (C) vs. Aussie Open vs. Best Friends vs. The Kingdom for the ROH Tag Titles - ROH Death Before Dishonor 7/21
Three of the best tag teams in the world and The Kingdom in a chaotic and exciting match.

HM: Katsuyori Shibata (C) vs. Daniel Garcia for the ROH Pure Title - ROH Death Before Dishonor 7/21
Wrestling vs. Sports Entertainment condensed down to its (no pun intended) purest form, with a perfect finish.

HM: The Dark Order vs. The Righteous in a Fight Without Honor - ROH Death Before Dishonor 7/21
With no real background on this match/feud outside of Dark Order's ongoing struggles to be taken seriously in AEW, I was delighted by how good this was and how the simple story was told extremely well.

Main events still to come but so far this entire card has been a banger, even the matches I didn't nominate were absolutely worthwhile watching.

Seconded. The Dark Order match is just short of MOTYC for me just by sheer surprise of how brutal it was.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Jerusalem posted:

seconding this, great show so far despite the crowd