Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

Pot Smoke Phoenix
Aug 15, 2007

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
Dinosaur Gum

Tai posted:

lmao stir the pot

I approve this message.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

bratwurst massage posted:

I hope he rots in hell,

So do I but I feel like he's in trouble because he's not doing enough war crimes

weg
Jun 6, 2006

Reassisted Retrogression

Tigey posted:

Girkin's in a real pickle now

Something we can all relish.

THE BAR
Oct 20, 2011

You know what might look better on your nose?

Well as a topping, at least.

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

Maybe I'll go where I can see stars

Fabulous Knight posted:

Yeah I saw that comment about western Poland. I wonder if it's meant to be like a... fig leaf to the German far right, or am I overthinking it? It could just be an old angry man yelling at a cloud.

it's just propaganda word salad created by diseased mind and meant for internal consumption, he also mentioned Poland was left to be eaten by Nazi army in 1939 and conveniently failed to mention which other army invaded Poland in 1939

https://twitter.com/Gerashchenko_en/status/1682364918337601538

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster

Captain Invictus posted:

thanks for this, an interesting read.

SBF might be gone, but pat and woolie still run a weekly podcast, castle super beast, and it's still my favorite podcast. And they both stream regularly, while Matt started his Wha Happun series and found great success there. In case you thought with the channel evaporating so did the talents behind it.

Oh I know. I love the community so much I'm on the subreddit even though I have a deep, pathological hatred of Reddit.

weg
Jun 6, 2006

Reassisted Retrogression
Prigozhin in dog house, Girkin in pickle, Putin must turd

Turrurrurrurrrrrrr
Dec 22, 2018

I hope this is "battle" enough for you, friend.

zone posted:

I can't loving believe they arrested Girkin. Maybe his goodwill finally ran out.

Well, you know what they say in business, shooting down a commercial flight generating 298 victims only gives you max 10 years of fame. Only those with repeat revenue stay afloat in this dog eat dog world.

Von Pluring
Sep 19, 2003

Zelensky's Zealots
Pork Pro

Mokotow posted:

Also, he’s a real piece of poo poo.

That's old news

Burns
May 10, 2008

Dwesa posted:

it's just propaganda word salad created by diseased mind and meant for internal consumption, he also mentioned Poland was left to be eaten by Nazi army in 1939 and conveniently failed to mention which other army invaded Poland in 1939

https://twitter.com/Gerashchenko_en/status/1682364918337601538

Lmao. They really are high on their own supply, arent they?

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

GABA ghoul posted:

It's projection. Most of them are Americans who had little to no knowledge about Ukraine and then got exposed to a very condensed version of the major Russian state propaganda talking points(the "maidan coup", bombardment of Donbas, secret Nazi oligarchs controlling Zelensky, etc.) some time around the invasion last year through social media. They assume everyone is like them.

The D&D thread is something like 50% Europeans who have been following the conflict since 2014, many with friends and family in Ukraine and among the Ukrainian refugees all around the world.

I don't disagree with you, but like, can we not do the "here's who gets to legit care" thing?

here in the land of the free and home of the very stupid, as soon as the border was crossed we went into panic mode to think "ok how most efficiently do we scam cousin '17, dirt poor region, kazakh' out of Russia before the inevitable happens" (the inevitable happened, one kontraktnik and three mobiks we used to know now dead in Ukraine)

we succeeded and it spiraled from there

got friends in Ukraine, sadly since only 2015 so not legit, except one lost his leg in the Kherson offensive and he's my wife's best friend's brother so it's back to legit caring? idfk

I daresay my life has been affected far more than the many finns who have been "following" (spanking it that they would totally, totally be as badass as grandpa if only the russians came at them) the conflict

let's just take it on good faith that everyone cares

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
Yes we can indeed do the legit caring thing for the contrarian trolls, regardless of your nonsensical reasoning.

Dr. Quarex
Apr 18, 2003

I'M A BIG DORK WHO POSTS TOO MUCH ABOUT CONVENTIONS LOOK AT THIS

TOVA TOVA TOVA

GABA ghoul posted:

It's projection. Most of them are Americans who had little to no knowledge about Ukraine and then got exposed to a very condensed version of the major Russian state propaganda talking points(the "maidan coup", bombardment of Donbas, secret Nazi oligarchs controlling Zelensky, etc.) some time around the invasion last year through social media. They assume everyone is like them.
I was a new federal employee in 2014 when Russia invaded, and one of the guys I onboarded with was married not only to a Ukrainian, but a member of the Crimean Tatar indigenous community, and that was phase one (of two) of me switching from "teehee, Russia, we used to think they were evil but now we know they are just silly gooses" to "wow gently caress Putin and his supporters forever"

Horrorosaurus
Oct 22, 2010

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

I don't disagree with you, but like, can we not do the "here's who gets to legit care" thing?

here in the land of the free and home of the very stupid, as soon as the border was crossed we went into panic mode to think "ok how most efficiently do we scam cousin '17, dirt poor region, kazakh' out of Russia before the inevitable happens" (the inevitable happened, one kontraktnik and three mobiks we used to know now dead in Ukraine)

we succeeded and it spiraled from there

got friends in Ukraine, sadly since only 2015 so not legit, except one lost his leg in the Kherson offensive and he's my wife's best friend's brother so it's back to legit caring? idfk

I daresay my life has been affected far more than the many finns who have been "following" (spanking it that they would totally, totally be as badass as grandpa if only the russians came at them) the conflict

Lol who's been spanking what now?

e: oh, your wife. Right. Well she legit wanted to have a rougher time.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Horrorosaurus fucked around with this message at 15:24 on Jul 21, 2023

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

When I want to relax, I read an essay by Engels. When I want something more serious, I read Corto Maltese.

boofhead posted:

References to the Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth as an enemy of the nascent Second Soviet Union in the year of our lord 2023. Extremely sane realpolitik enthusiast, yessir

Maybe he's still using that really old map.

Oscar Wilde Bunch
Jun 12, 2012

Grimey Drawer

It’s always fun to be Robespierre until you get Robespierre’d.

Karma Comedian
Feb 2, 2012

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

[...]

I'm trying to parse your meaning behind these seemingly contradictory statements

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Lightning Fast VCR Repair won't recover from this

Mokotow
Apr 16, 2012

Burns posted:

Lmao. They really are high on their own supply, arent they?

I’m sure they’re counting this will also drip into Polish news and scare the people that don’t care about Ukraine enough to oppose further help.

Mokotow
Apr 16, 2012

Exciting. Having seen his performance during the last six months, I can’t help he knew and hoped he’s going to get rolled and he’s gonna raise a stink.

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

Maybe I'll go where I can see stars

this has some memetic potential

https://twitter.com/OAlexanderDK/status/1682397442124263424

https://twitter.com/KevinRothrock/status/1682397123092926469

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

Huge LOL. Said too many true things about Pooty Tang.

grumplestiltzkin
Jun 7, 2012

Ass, gas, or grass. No one rides for free.

youre a thread superstar and i cant thank you enough for providing information that my monolingual self wouldnt be able to access otherwise

also, despite the grumbling, big thanks to the mods/IKs for doing what they can within the limits of their power to keep this thread palatable to follow

also also, putin is a huge piece of poo poo who dumps even bigger pieces of poo poo into his pants on the daily

beer_war
Mar 10, 2005

Leftishly:

Oh, now that Girkin got got, you're pro Russia's criminal justice system all of sudden, huh? Hypocritical much???

Burns
May 10, 2008

Dang, i was hoping theyd find him in a locked trunk on the Polish side of the border.

Set
Oct 30, 2005

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

So I guess this is at least partly aimed at me? What in the gently caress is wrong with you? I loving guarantee you that no Finn here is doing anything else than worrying about when it will be our turn to die in the trenches. We are all acutely aware that if the dice had fallen even a bit different, this thread would be about the Russian invasion of Finland instead of Ukraine.

And if the war comes does come here, I will almost certainly die. As a medic I will be specifically targeted for death, as that is the Russian military MO.

So thank you very much for putting words in the mouth of every single Finn on these very fine forums.

gently caress you.

Set fucked around with this message at 16:43 on Jul 21, 2023

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

Tragically, girkin will be found dead before the trial, report's putin spokesman, apparantly unaware of the direction time

beer_war
Mar 10, 2005

https://twitter.com/jimsciutto/status/1682409778373623811?s=20

Set
Oct 30, 2005

grumplestiltzkin posted:

youre a thread superstar and i cant thank you enough for providing information that my monolingual self wouldnt be able to access otherwise

also, despite the grumbling, big thanks to the mods/IKs for doing what they can within the limits of their power to keep this thread palatable to follow

also also, putin is a huge piece of poo poo who dumps even bigger pieces of poo poo into his pants on the daily

I just find it rewarding to share stuff that I don't normally see anywhere outside of Finnish media, and luckily (as I've said before) Yle has had a really strong investigative journalism angle on this war and everything that connects to it. I'm just glad that people find the translations interesting!

Yeah, I said it before but our mods and IKs take a lot of hits for us normal posters, and they do deserve a thanks for this!

Also Putin is a ourobouros of making GBS threads.

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

Ladies and gentlemen, we got him

grumplestiltzkin
Jun 7, 2012

Ass, gas, or grass. No one rides for free.

Set posted:

GBS > Ukraine War: Putin is a ourobouros of making GBS threads.

Warm und Fuzzy
Jun 20, 2006

NATO should delegate our smallest member as the insult comedy nation, so after every sick burn the world's looking around like, "oh poo poo, Lichtenstein's going to get smacked!" When America does it we could easily come across as a bully.

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
Lmao at putin making veiled threats to Poland land. Might want too worry about Ukraine first.

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde

HonorableTB posted:

If a no fly zone is enacted by NATO that is nuclear war shortly thereafter. I get why people might scoff at Russia given their performance the past 1.5 years but make no mistake, a direct military intervention by NATO would result in MAD rather soon after. At that point you are getting into the very basic, foundational level for NATO's existence as well as the primary reason for the current large stockpiles of strategic nuclear weapons owned by both NATO countries as well as Russia. A no fly zone would, by definition, entail NATO aircraft and AA shooting down Russian planes. Once you place NATO in direct, kinetic conflict with Russia, that's the start of a nuclear showdown and has been for the previous 74 years. Are you willing to bank on ALL of Russia's ICBMs, SLBMs, and dumbfire bombs delivered via strategic bombers to fail? Because if even just 1 explodes that's WW3. Russia has about 6,000 strategic nuclear warheads in total, about 1600 of which are in active service. The delivery mechanisms are 10 nuclear armed submarines, 60-70 nuclear capable bombers, 812 deployed warheads on land-based ballistic missiles, 200 warheads at heavy bomber bases, and 1500 retired-but-still-intact warheads in reserve. How lucky are you feeling?

After the shitshow that was the battle for Kyiv? Very lucky.

Draadnagel
Jul 16, 2011

..zoekend naar draadnagels bij laag tij.

Great, now extradite him to the Netherlands. He can serve time in prison for his part in downing MH17. loving piece of poo poo.

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

Tai posted:

Lmao at putin making veiled threats to Poland land. Might want too worry about Ukraine first.

Opening up a second front never backfired for anyone

DiomedesGodshill
Feb 21, 2009

*record scratch*

Yep, that's me. You're probably wondering how I ended up in this situation.

Baba O'Riley

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

As a Finn who still has living relatives who remember the last time this happened: eat poo poo and gently caress off you sanctimonious rear end in a top hat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RDM
Apr 6, 2009

I LOVE FINLAND AND ESPECIALLY FINLAND'S MILITARY ALLIANCES, GOOGLE FINLAND WORLD WAR 2 FOR MORE INFORMATION SLAVA UKRANI
It takes two sides to have a war, Finland is no angel, whatabout the nazi Continuation war, and NATO expansion is a provocation