Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr. Crow
May 22, 2008

Snap City mayor for life
In summary

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beeswax
Dec 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
I'm gonna go see David Eugene Edwards in October :)

`Nemesis
Dec 30, 2000

railroad graffiti

Milo and POTUS posted:

Steve Earle remains correct

hadn't heard of him but he seems cool

The Demilich
Apr 9, 2020

The First Rites of Men Were Mortuary, the First Altars Tombs.

I don't know who that pseudo country bootlicking gently caress is but I drat well know Otis Gibbs can beat him to death with his bare fists.

The Demilich
Apr 9, 2020

The First Rites of Men Were Mortuary, the First Altars Tombs.

Please sign my petition to have Orville Peck teabag the fake country boy. When it reaches 100k signatures he's obligated to break the dudes fingers and legs.

AWWNAW
Dec 30, 2008

I saw Orville peck live during pride week last year, it was so fuckin packed in there. Mostly women

Jabberlock
Nov 29, 2014

AWWNAW posted:

I saw Orville peck live during pride week last year, it was so fuckin packed in there. Mostly women

Orville Packed

kazr
Jan 28, 2005

Wheeler Walker Jr is the only good country

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hlMKEGWghro

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Milo and POTUS posted:

Steve Earle remains correct

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

TremorX
Jan 19, 2001

All Hail Big Hairy Mike

ProperGanderPusher
Jan 13, 2012

https://twitter.com/frmatthewlc/status/1681491582565105664?s=46

ComfyPants
Mar 20, 2002

His replies explaining the joke to a few people are fantastic.

HBomb
Sep 26, 2004

All aboard.

An autistic priest using loss to explain Holy Orders is exactly what I needed this evening, thank you.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

AWWNAW posted:

The venue wasn't big enough.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

i never heard of this jason aldean guy before but he sure does look like "i asked an ai to make me a picture of a white supremacist"

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Mr. Crow posted:

In summary

Also he was born in raised in a city.

Not a big one, but he sure as gently caress isn't from a small town.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

if you know, you know

Augustus Woop-Woop
Dec 14, 2003
wang
The meme is that anaerobic thread lockers are trash

Captain Splendid
Jan 7, 2009

Qu'en pense Caffarelli?

Augustus Woop-Woop posted:

The meme is that anaerobic thread lockers are trash

There are mods that don't breathe?

VROOM VROOM
Jun 8, 2005
the guy from Don't Breathe was definitely a mod

e: I am reading the plot summaries of the Don't Breathe movies to see if this stream-of-consciousness joke made any sense, and what the christ

VROOM VROOM has a new favorite as of 08:32 on Jul 21, 2023

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

drat it

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

CainFortea posted:

Also he was born in raised in a city.

Not a big one, but he sure as gently caress isn't from a small town.

Does he even crave trucking and/or loving?

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Bug Squash posted:

Pern, a long running sci-fi / fantasy series. After a period of societal collapse they rediscover the AI system that helps them re-establish technology and correct the orbit of a planet that is causing a repeating shower of voracious alien "strings" to reach the planet.

I've read nearly all those books and I had no idea that's what it was about

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

sebmojo posted:

I've read nearly all those books and I had no idea that's what it was about

I think it's about loving dragons.

maybeadracula
Sep 9, 2022

by sebmojo
Come for the dragonfucking

Stay for two dozen books

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

maybealabia posted:

Come for the dragonfucking

Stay for two dozen books

e: Seriouspost: I pretty much gave up on færytale novel serieses after the huge disappointment of finishing the fifth and "final" Belgarion novel as a kid, and it ended with "read the next five books to find out what happens lol!". Only books I got mad enough at to just sell them.

3D Megadoodoo has a new favorite as of 12:45 on Jul 21, 2023

afen
Sep 23, 2003

nemo saltat sobrius

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

3D Megadoodoo posted:

e: Seriouspost: I pretty much gave up on færytale novel serieses after the huge disappointment of finishing the fifth and "final" Belgarion novel as a kid, and it ended with "read the next five books to find out what happens lol!". Only books I got mad enough at to just sell them.

The only thing fantasy authors didn't steal from Tolkien was capping it at four.

Captain Splendid
Jan 7, 2009

Qu'en pense Caffarelli?

3D Megadoodoo posted:

I think it's about loving dragons.

Maldraedior
Jun 16, 2002

YOU ARE AN ASININE MORT

3D Megadoodoo posted:

Good News! It's a major plot point that the second five books are just the first five books retold slightly differently!

I still love those garbage books, thinly veiled racism and all. And of all the garbage scifi and fantasy books in this box full of my teenage self those are the ones I most strongly consider pulling back out

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

RIP in peace:

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

Maldraedior posted:

Good News! It's a major plot point that the second five books are just the first five books retold slightly differently!

I still love those garbage books, thinly veiled racism and all. And of all the garbage scifi and fantasy books in this box full of my teenage self those are the ones I most strongly consider pulling back out

Same, they got me through a really rough time when I was a kid.

Just don't Google the authors.

:smith:

Talorat
Sep 18, 2007

Hahaha! Aw come on, I can't tell you everything right away! That would make for a boring story, don't you think?

kazr posted:

Wheeler Walker Jr is the only good country

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hlMKEGWghro

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

Cartoon Man posted:

RIP in peace:

:rip: Vic Fontaine.

A Bad King
Jul 17, 2009

Suppose the oil man,
He comes to town.
And you don't lay money down.

Yet Mr. King,
He killed the thread
The other day.
Well I wonder.
Who's gonna go to Hell?

Sagebrush posted:

if you know, you know

you're going to have some poor idiot blowtorching bolts that fix to a flammable gas tank and make content for the OSHA thread.

`Nemesis
Dec 30, 2000

railroad graffiti
Tony Bennett died

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Modal Auxiliary
Jan 14, 2005

3D Megadoodoo posted:

Seriously read Joe Abercrombie and Mark Lawrence. Most of their series end in three books and they're absolutely packed with character-driven conflict and growth instead of self-fellating world building for thousands of pages (and as a nice bonus, the world building they do is tight, concise, and really serves the story). I struggled to get into fantasy my entire adult life and these guys were the antidote for me. Joe Abercrombie in particular is like fantasy for people who hate fantasy.