Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Serious_Cyclone
Oct 25, 2017

I appreciate your patience, this is a tricky maneuver
Imma sell the thing I already paid you for so I don't have it anymore but you already got paid, having zero impact whatsoever on your bottom line :argh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Take 1 tablet by mouth daily.

Serious_Cyclone posted:

Imma sell the thing I already paid you for so I don't have it anymore but you already got paid, having zero impact whatsoever on your bottom line :argh:

You get the NFT and they destroy the object but you still own it and can apply UP TO THREE slurp juices to it

mega dy
Dec 6, 2003

StrangersInTheNight posted:

'you are expected within arms reach in 24 hours - Clear?' lol in what way would this work how do you plan to enforce this, twitter stranger Judge Gibson

this person thinks just speaking at someone with authority gets them to do your bidding. bitch, you have to have actual authority over the person for this to work lol
In their minds they have the power and authority through their ability to organize in a subreddit. If the CEO of Microsoft does not respond to Cohen then all the apes will just take down Microsoft, just like they drove up Gamestop, easy peasy.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

burnishedfume posted:

How would he even present the NFT to her, did he get down on one knee and show her a jpg on his phone?

If I'm reading correctly he didn't even give her the ape pog, since he refers to it as 'ours'.

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!
Velosurance is who I went with but I haven't had to make a claim yet so I can't speak to how they do when it really matter

Vvv: lol wrong thread clearly

Sentient Data fucked around with this message at 04:51 on Jul 20, 2023

Wifi Toilet
Oct 1, 2004

Toilet Rascal

Sentient Data posted:

Velosurance is who I went with but I haven't had to make a claim yet so I can't speak to how they do when it really matters

Can I buy insurance on my apes? Is the policy invalidated if I slurp them?

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Don't ask me about Sonic the Hedgehog diaper fetish
Slurp insurance is extra.

Also yeah that story seems to be fake, unlike the vegan Sam Bankman Fried, over the course of 18 months, managing to eat a significant number of shrimp a day.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Boxturret posted:

Also yeah that story seems to be fake, unlike the vegan Sam Bankman Fried, over the course of 18 months, managing to eat a significant number of shrimp a day.

He thought they were small pastries.

DominoKitten
Aug 7, 2012

What IS Scam Bankman up to these days? I feel like I have a deficit of new crimes.

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Don't ask me about Sonic the Hedgehog diaper fetish

DominoKitten posted:

What IS Scam Bankman up to these days? I feel like I have a deficit of new crimes.

As far as I know he's still under house arrest at his parents, I guess all their attempts to crime proof the house were successful? He gets a special laptop that can only connect to materials for his court case and his parents had to put child locks on all the other electronic devices.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
That is appropriate because his face and body make him look like a giant dumb baby.

notwithoutmyanus
Mar 17, 2009

DominoKitten posted:

He switched his moustache to become Scam Altman, his alternate account. Old sleeper account.

drk
Jan 16, 2005

DominoKitten posted:

What IS Scam Bankman up to these days?

starring in a "web3 animated series"

drk fucked around with this message at 22:34 on Jul 20, 2023

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster

I thought Jon Heder was dead.

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!

DominoKitten posted:

Good news!

FTX lawyers accuse Sam Bankman-Fried of financing his criminal defense with $10 million in misappropriated funds

https://www.cnbc.com/2023/07/20/sam-bankman-fried-is-paying-defense-lawyers-with-ftx-funds-lawsuit.html

quote:

Sam Bankman-Fried, co-founder of failed crypto exchange FTX, was sued in Delaware bankruptcy court on Thursday by his ex-company’s lawyers, who accuse him and members of his leadership team of stealing hundreds of millions of dollars.

The lawyers are seeking to recover funds from Bankman-Fried and former executives of FTX and sister hedge fund Alameda Research. One way the attorneys for the bankrupt exchange say Bankman-Fried pilfered money was through a $10 million gift to his father, distinguished legal scholar Joe Bankman.

Much of that $10 million gift from was routed from FTX to Bankman-Fried’s Morgan Stanley
and TD Ameritrade accounts around January 2022, the lawsuit alleges. The complaint claims those proceeds are now paying for Bankman-Fried’s criminal defense bills.

A representative for Bankman-Fried declined to comment.

Mercury_Storm
Jun 12, 2003

*chomp chomp chomp*

Is this supposed to be satirical? Cause if they're still considering SBF a savant of any kind that's pretty telling after he was among the first dominoes to crush their cult of scams.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Mercury_Storm posted:

Is this supposed to be satirical? Cause if they're still considering SBF a savant of any kind that's pretty telling after he was among the first dominoes to crush their cult of scams.

He was demonstrably good at getting people to give him money. And really, isn't that what all skills are ultimately about?

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

DominoKitten posted:

He’s just been accused of witness tampering!

quote:

Prosecutors said it was apparent Bankman-Fried shared documents with the New York Times and that his lawyers have since confirmed to the government that he met with one of the article's authors in person and shared documents "that were not part of the government's discovery material."

Bankman-Fried's spokesperson and lawyers did not immediately respond to requests for comment. Neither New York Times nor Ellison's lawyers responded to Reuters' requests for comment.

The prosecutors argued that by sharing these documents, Bankman-Fried was trying to malign Ellison's credibility, and that such conduct could chill witnesses from testifying and taint the jury pool.

"By selectively sharing certain private documents with the New York Times, the defendant is attempting to discredit a witness, cast Ellison in a poor light, and advance his defense through the press and outside the constraints of the courtroom and rules of evidence: that Ellison was a jilted lover who perpetrated these crimes alone", prosecutors wrote in the letter.

Orio
May 16, 2022
In Bed Bath and Beyond news, they recently published their plan for chapter 11 bankruptcy. As expected, the plan explicitly states that shares will be cancelled. It's both funny and sad to see people desperately grasping at various straws. I present to you a small sample:

- When the board is dissolved, a plan administrator will be appointed to administer the bankruptcy. Will this plan administrator lead the company into a merger/hostile takeover?

- A law firm that also deals with mergers and acquisitions is counsel to the creditors comitee. I don't know how this is relevant, but it has been posted with "suck on this shills" as the headline.

- Bankruptcy plans can be amended. Hertz also amended their plans, and their shareholders ended up getting something in the end. Relatedly, writing that shares will be cancelled is just standard boilerplate text that doesn't really mean anything.

- Sixth street is a trojan horse for Carl Icahn and Ryan Cohen. Since sixth street acquire "collateral", this will somehow be good for investors. This one was pretty incoherent.

- The bankruptcy plan contains the phrase "In full and final satisfaction of each Allowed Interest in BBB, each Allowed Interest in BBB shall be canceled, released, and extinguished, and will be of no further force or effect and no Holder of Interests in BBB shall be entitled to any recovery or distribution under the Plan on account of such Interests." The ape takes this to mean "Sounds to me like Once each and every shareholder is fully satisfactorily compensated, the shares of BBB will be canceled".

- A lot of people saying that the text is just standard legalese that doesn't really mean anything. The real plan will be coming soon.

notwithoutmyanus
Mar 17, 2009
Crypto people on how much they accepted the "US is evil" propaganda because the US isn't supportive of crypto:

crypto maximalists posted:

Thailands basically facing a military coup and the ppl i ask are real upset, mad at thailand, etc, but all agree it is freer still than the US
+ they link to: https://foundation.app/collection/fmdd (nft collection called gently caress my democracy)

Dial A For Awesome
May 23, 2009

DominoKitten posted:

Him and the other senior executives are getting sued by the creditors, to clawback the enormous payments they gave themselves.

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2023/jul/21/ftx-sues-founder-sam-bankman-fried-and-three-others-for-1bn

The Rabbi T. White
Jul 17, 2008

Orio posted:

- The bankruptcy plan contains the phrase "In full and final satisfaction of each Allowed Interest in BBB, each Allowed Interest in BBB shall be canceled, released, and extinguished, and will be of no further force or effect and no Holder of Interests in BBB shall be entitled to any recovery or distribution under the Plan on account of such Interests." The ape takes this to mean "Sounds to me like Once each and every shareholder is fully satisfactorily compensated, the shares of BBB will be canceled".

lol at text saying “You aren’t going to get a single goddamn cent” being interpreted as “gonna pay me out”

daslog
Dec 10, 2008

#essereFerrari

Orio posted:

In Bed Bath and Beyond news, they recently published their plan for chapter 11 bankruptcy. As expected, the plan explicitly states that shares will be cancelled. It's both funny and sad to see people desperately grasping at various straws. I present to you a small sample:

- When the board is dissolved, a plan administrator will be appointed to administer the bankruptcy. Will this plan administrator lead the company into a merger/hostile takeover?

- A law firm that also deals with mergers and acquisitions is counsel to the creditors comitee. I don't know how this is relevant, but it has been posted with "suck on this shills" as the headline.

- Bankruptcy plans can be amended. Hertz also amended their plans, and their shareholders ended up getting something in the end. Relatedly, writing that shares will be cancelled is just standard boilerplate text that doesn't really mean anything.

- Sixth street is a trojan horse for Carl Icahn and Ryan Cohen. Since sixth street acquire "collateral", this will somehow be good for investors. This one was pretty incoherent.

- A lot of people saying that the text is just standard legalese that doesn't really mean anything. The real plan will be coming soon.

This one is my favorite. After all dissolved and liquidated are not the same thing!

quote:

My Interpretation / Opinion:

Sounds to me like a change in control is happening.

Take that for what you will, but most of us that can ELI5 know what this means.

The company is being dissolved but not liquidated.

Nov 6, 2002

lol

https://twitter.com/SearsForever/status/1682382278977003520

https://twitter.com/nickong1205/status/1682278663906099200

Impossibly Perfect Sphere fucked around with this message at 15:54 on Jul 21, 2023

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Push down shorts and fill gap to maintain strong bottom, got it.

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep
I dont think even a nuclear apocalypse would convince these people its over

They would be holding their worthless shares while the world go up in flames

The Bible
May 8, 2010

Elias_Maluco posted:

I dont think even a nuclear apocalypse would convince these people its over

They would be holding their worthless shares while the world go up in flames

Well, yeah, these are the same people who think a blockchain-based economy would survive the destruction of the Internet.

Thesaurus
Oct 3, 2004

"Sears shareholders have been dealing with this shill nonsense for years!"

And how's that works out for them so far?

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

There's a Delta Green shotgun scenario in this, but I can't imagine it would be any fun to play.

Thesaurus
Oct 3, 2004

shills and shorts are so desperate to stop sears' inevitable rise to power that they've taken to burning down abandoned stores
https://twitter.com/SearsForever/status/1681703697472970753?s=19

Nov 6, 2002

Doctor_Fruitbat posted:

Push down shorts and fill gap to maintain strong bottom, got it.

Everyone knows a strong bottom generates most of the power.

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Thesaurus posted:

shills and shorts are so desperate to stop sears' inevitable rise to power that they've taken to burning down abandoned stores
https://twitter.com/SearsForever/status/1681703697472970753?s=19

I have a credit card ready to subscribe to Sears Prime.

Sardonik
Jul 1, 2005

if you like my dumb posts, you'll love my dumb youtube channel
"I'm not owned, I'm not owned!" as my entire stock portfolio turns to dust

Serious_Cyclone
Oct 25, 2017

This is Montgomery WAR :argh:

drk
Jan 16, 2005

Thesaurus posted:

Sears' dead corpse is owned by a private hedge fund. Not sure how they think its possible to short that

In related hilarity, sears canada is apparently still publicly traded? Share price: $0.000004, market cap 540 canadian dollars (yes, total)

Serious_Cyclone
Oct 25, 2017

drk posted:

Sears' dead corpse is owned by a private hedge fund. Not sure how they think its possible to short that

Does the owner actually control the abandoned Sears/Kmart properties? I suspect they don't but I'm trying to wrap my head around why setting fire to something Sears no longer owns would be an attack on Sears.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Serious_Cyclone posted:

This is Montgomery WAR :argh:

drk
Jan 16, 2005

Serious_Cyclone posted:

Does the owner actually control the abandoned Sears/Kmart properties? I suspect they don't but I'm trying to wrap my head around why setting fire to something Sears no longer owns would be an attack on Sears.

They own a lot of former sears/kmart properties, but none in Oregon: https://transformcoproperties.com/properties-list-view/

DominoKitten
Aug 7, 2012

Thank you everyone, I just knew that our boy had some more crimes in him, he’s a growing boy and he needs his crimes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?
Crime is stored in the shrimps