Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: MokBa)

Lord Lambeth
Dec 7, 2011

I don't think I have encountered a shrine that has some goofy motion control thing so that is a big plus in Tears of the Kingdom's favor.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Lord Lambeth posted:

I don't think I have encountered a shrine that has some goofy motion control thing so that is a big plus in Tears of the Kingdom's favor.

Yeah, I can think of ten lovely shrines in BOTW that I never want to do again, but there are only a small few in TOTK that give me a shiver

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010

Lord Lambeth posted:

Tbh glueing poo poo together with ultrahand is almost as janky as the motion control puzzles in botw.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Mymla posted:

Tbh glueing poo poo together with ultrahand is almost as janky as the motion control puzzles in botw.

Blasphemy :mods:

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Poque posted:

Yeah, I can think of ten lovely shrines in BOTW that I never want to do again, but there are only a small few in TOTK that give me a shiver

There was one shrine I specifically remember from botw where you have to pick up a bunch of balls floating in a pool using a little bowl. It was finicky as hell and took me forever. I don’t think anything in totk has annoyed me to that extent.

Lord Lambeth
Dec 7, 2011

I like the shrines that are just a treasure chest floating in a void. I get something and my time isn't wasted? Cool.

The Maroon Hawk
May 10, 2008

look at this knight’s huge balls

Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom community rocked by graphical hitch that literally gives Link the balls to take on Ganon

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

they should release a farming and building sim set after totk

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Mymla posted:

You act like that's a bad thing.

It hit me after you finish all the regional stuffs: the Zelda monologue goes away in the blood moon scene after you beat up phantom evil Zelda. Makes the almost half excited tone hit differently.

Mustached Demon fucked around with this message at 02:09 on Jul 21, 2023

Sanctum
Feb 14, 2005

Property was their religion
A church for one
When I try to cook vegetable curry I get veggie rice balls or curry rice instead. Every internet guide is wrong about the recipe :confused: I just wanna get the horse upgrade so I can clear all this crap out of my inventory.

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

Sanctum posted:

When I try to cook vegetable curry I get veggie rice balls or curry rice instead. Every internet guide is wrong about the recipe :confused: I just wanna get the horse upgrade so I can clear all this crap out of my inventory.

Based on a quick search on Reddit, the vegetable needs to be either a carrot or pumpkin.

BitBasher
Jun 6, 2004

You've got to know the rules before you can break 'em. Otherwise, it's no fun.

Have you tried adding... a vegetable of some kind?

Coxswain Balls
Jun 4, 2001

Greens alone are not nearly hearty enough for a vegetable curry. Although now that I think about it there aren't any potatoes in Hyrule, what the gently caress?!

HazCat
May 4, 2009

Coxswain Balls posted:

Greens alone are not nearly hearty enough for a vegetable curry. Although now that I think about it there aren't any potatoes in Hyrule, what the gently caress?!

The Hylian conquistadors haven't discovered fantasy Peru yet, I guess. Someone update the timeline.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

lmao, I'm high so it looked like there was actual bounce physics on a sack.

I'm sure someone will mod it in.

Tokelau All Star
Feb 23, 2008

THE TAXES! THE FINGER THING MEANS THE TAXES!

No citrus either. Though it is pretty dope that voltfruits are dragon fruits.

TaurusTorus
Mar 27, 2010

Grab the bullshit by the horns

Tokelau All Star posted:

No citrus either. Though it is pretty dope that voltfruits are dragon fruits.

I mean what is a shockfruit if not a powerful lemon?

Sanctum
Feb 14, 2005

Property was their religion
A church for one
Smoke Zelda Every Day

https://i.imgur.com/0hkUefR.mp4

Dragonstoned
Jan 15, 2006

MR. DOG WITH BEES IN HIS MOUTH AND WHEN HE BARKS HE SHOOTS BEES AT YOU
by Roger Hargreaves

Just like to add my "gently caress the Mucktorok" to the chorus... Been in the depths doing the bosses for the charges and I loving despise that annoying little gently caress

Would a "spinning hydrant" thing the middle of the arena to clear the muck work? or is it just going to get destroyed to quick to be any use?

(Also :420::420::420::420:)

Coxswain Balls
Jun 4, 2001

That's what I used and it seemed pretty effective. Maybe it's because I did that temple last but I thought Mucktorok was adorable with its goofy little run and boss music.

Picayune
Feb 26, 2007

cannot be unseen
Taco Defender
I thought Mucktorok was very funny... the first time. After that he was a ballache, even with Zonai hydrants.

Also funny: running up under a Talus and using Ascend. They seem so confused!

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

i know i'd sure be confused if some weirdo pint-size twink appeared on top of my head after phasing through my chin

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Picayune posted:

I thought Mucktorok was very funny... the first time. After that he was a ballache, even with Zonai hydrants.
i'm starting to wonder if i'm the only person who just fused opals to magic weapons and cleared the arenas that way

now the gibdo queen, that was a ballache

Icedude
Mar 30, 2004

Dragonstoned posted:

Just like to add my "gently caress the Mucktorok" to the chorus... Been in the depths doing the bosses for the charges and I loving despise that annoying little gently caress

Would a "spinning hydrant" thing the middle of the arena to clear the muck work? or is it just going to get destroyed to quick to be any use?

(Also :420::420::420::420:)

I saw someone build a giant spinning sprinkler arm with multiple hydrants that cleared most of the arena near instantly.

Personally my go to for it was doomba with a hydrant, with a laser turret on top of that to get the stun in quickly on the "flopping around" phase.

Ciaphas posted:

I did that fight the first time around using only Riju's power, I never thought to try just using normal shock fruit arrows :shepface:

The Wicked ZOGA
Jan 27, 2022

Literally the only dungeon boss that took me more than like two minutes was Colgera because you can't slap the poo poo out of it with fused gloom weapons and kill it in like two cycles

GaylordButts
Feb 19, 2009
Actually I think Colgera is the easiest to kill in 2 cycles, with enough stamina a long range bow or keese part fusion I can easily hit all 3 points in the same bullet-time segment.

Well maybe not quite easiest, Gohma is basically free stuff, but I think Colgera is still faster.

The Wicked ZOGA
Jan 27, 2022

I mean sure but I am actually pretty poo poo at the combat, my only strategy is to merk em before it matters

space uncle
Sep 17, 2006

"I don’t care if Biden beats Trump. I’m not offloading responsibility. If enough people feel similar to me, such as the large population of Muslim people in Dearborn, Michigan. Then he won’t"

GaylordButts posted:

Actually I think Colgera is the easiest to kill in 2 cycles, with enough stamina a long range bow or keese part fusion I can easily hit all 3 points in the same bullet-time segment.

Well maybe not quite easiest, Gohma is basically free stuff, but I think Colgera is still faster.

I triggered a Colgera fight before I had lit up the light roots around it. Fighting it in the dark was still easy but that was a lot of fun. I felt like some kind of night flight fighter pilot bombing around.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Ciaphas posted:

i'm starting to wonder if i'm the only person who just fused opals to magic weapons and cleared the arenas that way

I did that with a Roomba hydrant. Boss was fun.

Honestly all four were fun to me. A few neat strategies to wreck each one up.

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!
The biggest problem I had was with the Gibdo queen who seemed to have too much hp, and I couldn't figure out what to do with the lights.

The water boss was a lot of fun because it made me feel smart.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I just shot it with a splash fruit

Chieves
Sep 20, 2010

Mucktorok was fine because the low gravity let you snipe it pretty easily.

Fighting it down in the depths without that was a huge pain however!

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009
weed page

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Hylian herb

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Captain Hygiene fucked around with this message at 16:23 on Jul 21, 2023

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Love that these little dudes are apparently cool with just settling into their hiding place without any context provided to Hestu that they're even playing Hide and Seek at all, and they'll just stay there FOREVER unless you find them and they're totally okay with that and once you do they just have a laugh and wave goodbye and continue living their weird little children of the forest lives :allears:

Benagain
Oct 10, 2007

Can you see that I am serious?
Fun Shoe
They're immortal six year olds that checks out

space uncle
Sep 17, 2006

"I don’t care if Biden beats Trump. I’m not offloading responsibility. If enough people feel similar to me, such as the large population of Muslim people in Dearborn, Michigan. Then he won’t"

Jerusalem posted:

Love that these little dudes are apparently cool with just settling into their hiding place without any context provided to Hestu that they're even playing Hide and Seek at all, and they'll just stay there FOREVER unless you find them and they're totally okay with that and once you do they just have a laugh and wave goodbye and continue living their weird little children of the forest lives :allears:

Also they’re thousands of feet up in the sky hiding on ancient ruins that have been lost to time, with multiple kingdoms saying stuff like “there’s an unimaginably ancient and forgotten powerful artifact on that floating island, but we have no way of ever getting there.”

You get there thinking you’re Tenzing and Hillary climbing Everest and then that little sucker pops out of a stump and says “ya ha ha!”. Then he’s content to float there spinning for the rest of his life.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doctor Skeleton
Nov 15, 2003