Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

:shrug: The gameplay was perfectly cromulent. But the refrigerator was obnoxiously horny and the actual story was dumb.

I don't regret the 10 hours I put into it on Gamepass or however long it took to beat. Set pieces were pretty neat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

K8.0
Feb 26, 2004

Her Majesty's 56th Regiment of Foot

ImpAtom posted:

Fun fact:

The Lesbian robots are actually the right and left sides of the protagonist's wife's brain made into sex slaves for the main bad guy.

Did I say fun fact? I meant 'gently caress that game'

Hey guys, remember the extremely hamfisted and badly done plot of Bionic Commando 2009? What if we did that, except way worse and without any of the interesting parts?

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

the game was mostly fine, the story was stupid, the internet scouring for proof it was putin's personal propaganda was dumber

Macichne Leainig
Jul 26, 2012

by VG

The 7th Guest posted:

the game was mostly fine, the story was stupid, the internet scouring for proof it was putin's personal propaganda was dumber

Yeah that was dumb, the developer having any Russian ties doesn't mean it's inherently bad (and they aren't even Russian IIRC). But people are gonna people

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

The gameplay just felt like less developed Bioshock. Like I recall the lightning power doesn't work on water because mumble mumble polymer (and most certainly not because interactions are hard to program ). It isn't the worst game ever but it really should be at least as developed as a 15 year old game it is shamelessly apeing.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:
And I thought the gameplay was marvel-movie slop level. Nothing compelling, nothing interesting, nothing that sticks in your memory. Boring in the worst way.

Did have some neat set pieces but it also was dripping in whatever that sex robot this is obviously-a-fetish-of-mine sheen which kept making me go 'the gently caress'.

It is not a good game and it will only be remembered by it's sex robot garbage, like that other game that had the faceless sex robot with the huge boobs that was a thing for like 10 minutes years ago.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
I only heard of this recently, I assume you're referring to Haydee?

Macichne Leainig
Jul 26, 2012

by VG
While that was the first prominent boob robot game, now there's Atomic Heart which has more boob robots and a horny fridge

Boobots if you will

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Macichne Leainig posted:

While that was the first prominent boob robot game, now there's Atomic Heart which has more boob robots and a horny fridge

Boobots if you will

It's Nier Automata for the tit enthusiasts is what you're saying?

Macichne Leainig
Jul 26, 2012

by VG

Jack Trades posted:

It's Nier Automata for the tit enthusiasts is what you're saying?

Hey mister, I don't know anything about ornithology

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

ImpAtom posted:

The gameplay just felt like less developed Bioshock. Like I recall the lightning power doesn't work on water because mumble mumble polymer (and most certainly not because interactions are hard to program ). It isn't the worst game ever but it really should be at least as developed as a 15 year old game it is shamelessly apeing.

That's fair; I do distinctly recall being disappointed by the lack of interaction amongst the abilities.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.

No Wave posted:

I only heard of this recently, I assume you're referring to Haydee?

That's the one! I had the same reaction to that game at the time, "the gently caress?". I never played Haydee though, no game pass.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

the weirdest aspect of atomic heart was the "open world" which had no point to exist and all you really ended up doing was beelining from laboratory to laboratory. it probably would've been better for them if they just shuttled you from lab to lab after the initial prologue, via tram or whatever, and then that would narrow their scope and allow them to add more systems to the gameplay instead of having to also have to design an exterior world with optional content

the open world isn't very well designed either as the first moment you enter it, it is a near herculean challenge to escape the sheer amount of security cameras and enemies they've placed in the village. i know what they were TRYING to do there (imm sim! multiple routes! fight or flight!) but it didn't work

Resdfru
Jun 4, 2004

I'm a freak on a leash.
I've been playing Roboquest on gamepass recently. I wanna stop and wait for them to finish it but it's so much fun to play. Funny cause I started playing gunfire reborn there too and ended up buying it on the Steam sale then I stopped playing it. Roboquest is so much more fun, I don't know why. Gunfire still good though, I should try playing some more.

Anyway, is returnal similar to these games? I've never been big on roguelikes but apparently I enjoy roguelike fps games.

DerekSmartymans
Feb 14, 2005

The
Copacetic
Ascetic

Mordja posted:

My friend wants to play Naraka: Bladepoint but is worried about the steam reviews saying it's anticheat is spyware. Is there anything to that or is it just the usual "Chicoms wants to steal my data and send me to the Xinjiang labour camps" when the fact is everybody want to steal your data and send you to the Xinjiang labour camps.

Xinjiang labor camps aren’t in the US.

We have FEMA Concentration Camps instead.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Resdfru posted:

I've been playing Roboquest on gamepass recently. I wanna stop and wait for them to finish it but it's so much fun to play. Funny cause I started playing gunfire reborn there too and ended up buying it on the Steam sale then I stopped playing it. Roboquest is so much more fun, I don't know why. Gunfire still good though, I should try playing some more.

Anyway, is returnal similar to these games? I've never been big on roguelikes but apparently I enjoy roguelike fps games.

Kinda? the gameplay is much more fast paced and bullet hellish than gunfire and while it is possible to get pretty overpowered by the end, the whole game isn’t about making some kind of exponential broken combo like gunfire and is much more about gameplay. great game in general though.

lunar detritus
May 6, 2009

Omi no Kami posted:

Man, I've been enjoying my time with Dave the Diver but I'm not a fan of the way someone on the dev team went "What if we occasionally had an infuriatingly difficult QTE button-mashing thing?", and the other devs went "That's a terrible idea. We should have all the different infuriating QTE button-mashing things, and you should have to do them constantly."

They've been getting more variety now but most of the initial negative reviews were because of the button-mashing. They even had to lock a thread in the steam forums about it because it was getting too heated. So, they know about the issue but I wonder if they just don't know how to replace the mashing.

Tiramisu
Dec 25, 2006

Hey, where did you go!? Do you really dislike seeing my face that much!?
They could try replacing it with nothing. Like they do when your harpoon is sufficiently powerful.

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Are... are you quite sure you really want to say that?
Taco Defender

Google Jeb Bush posted:

what the deuce is with the thread title

Others have beaten me, but the game in question is Atomic Heart.

Phigs
Jan 23, 2019

Omi no Kami posted:

Man, I've been enjoying my time with Dave the Diver but I'm not a fan of the way someone on the dev team went "What if we occasionally had an infuriatingly difficult QTE button-mashing thing?", and the other devs went "That's a terrible idea. We should have all the different infuriating QTE button-mashing things, and you should have to do them constantly."

Anyway, gently caress the harpoons, and gently caress the customers- I hope they like low-quality fish that've been artisanally beaten to death with a baseball bat, because that's what they're getting.

This mashing is the only reason I haven't bought the game and I'm glad goons warned me of it beforehand.

Mr.Acula
May 10, 2009

Billions and billions of fat clouds

Maybe the devs just wanted to empower robots, ever think of that?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Just replace it with a timing minigame. Same concept, less annoying

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

I'm glad so many games recently started to add options to remove mashing.

QTEs are already stupid and mashing QTEs are doubly so.

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."
Take a page from the original Bioshock and make players complete a level of Pipe Dream every time they catch a fish.

uiruki
Aug 6, 2003
blah blah blah
The problem with the mashing is that unlike most games which have it where you can just regularly press the button a few times a second, you really have to go for it or it doesn’t work.

It’s the reason I’ve not played it more, to be honest. I have heard they change procedures with different harpoons, requiring more timing or rhythm, but it’s just mashing at the start.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Resdfru posted:

I also found Roboquest after Gunfire and I like the itemization and abilities in Gunfire but the actual gamefeel is so much better in Roboquest. It's just fun zipping around goomba stomping everything. I hope they finish it some day, there's still a lot of "Coming soon!" stuff all over the game.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

NoEyedSquareGuy posted:

Take a page from the original Bioshock and make players complete a level of Pipe Dream every time they catch a fish.

Pike Dream

e: Pipe Bream

Resdfru
Jun 4, 2004

I'm a freak on a leash.

explosivo posted:

I also found Roboquest after Gunfire and I like the itemization and abilities in Gunfire but the actual gamefeel is so much better in Roboquest. It's just fun zipping around goomba stomping everything. I hope they finish it some day, there's still a lot of "Coming soon!" stuff all over the game.

Yea, I even had some cutscenes that were half storyboard art. I read that the 1.0 release is scheduled for q3 this year so we'll see.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Resdfru posted:

Yea, I even had some cutscenes that were half storyboard art. I read that the 1.0 release is scheduled for q3 this year so we'll see.

Yeah and from what I've read it sounds like they have a lot that they have to put in the game to get to 1.0. I'm not exactly confident but we shall indeed see!

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
WHY ARE YOU STILL SMILING

explosivo posted:

I hope they finish it some day, there's still a lot of "Coming soon!" stuff all over the game.

Resdfru posted:

Yea, I even had some cutscenes that were half storyboard art.

I still think my gold standards for "oh come ON" with this were Valdis Story (game yadda-yaddaed over the final boss with a placeholder screen) and Aviary Attorney (launched with one of the endings as a "coming soon" that recommended you go try the other routes while you waited on a patch)

Thankfully those both got better. Hopefully this does too.

Omi no Kami
Feb 19, 2014

Man, Dave the Diver is so loving weird. The core loop is great, but half of the minigames are terrible, the bosses are awful, combat in general has problems, and it has so many not-great things that it constantly pours over your head. Like, holy loving poo poo you guys: if the entire game was subnautica with sushi, I would've been sold. Just give me what the first ten minutes promised! But I feel like I can't get a single day of dive-dive-sell without being plastered by forced events, diversions, and nonsense.

Anyway the game's great, go play it.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
Ghost trick is good. Play it. Mystery story that not only does not disappoint at the end but even exceeds expectations.

warning: there is a terrible stealth level

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

Dave the Diver devs have commented they will replace / fix that button mashing, but it's just a matter of figuring out how and when. Hopefully sooner than later.

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

I don't mind the QTE games. What annoys me is the frequent crashing.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

The button mashing is the least of Dave the Diver's problems, imo. I enjoyed the game for the most part but the story is meandering and takes you away from doing the fun stuff i.e. fishing and selling sushi constantly. They introduce new mechanics the entire way through the game and most of them are tedious busywork or forced gameplay sections that are not much fun. The game starts out very promising but the deeper into the story I got the less and less I liked it. By the last few chapters I was just rushing the main story to wrap it up and it still felt like it dragged on for way longer than it should have.

ScootsMcSkirt
Oct 29, 2013

Edmond Dantes posted:

Or the robot figures.

haha dudes roc-

ImpAtom posted:

Fun fact:

The Lesbian robots are actually the right and left sides of the protagonist's wife's brain made into sex slaves for the main bad guy.

:kstare: nevermind

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2

Leal posted:

Alright I heard this game was horny but uuhhh

The Lone Badger posted:

You haven't even seen the robots yet.

Jack Trades posted:

There's there a game over animation where the realdolls snu-snu you?

Edmond Dantes posted:

Or the robot figures.

ImpAtom posted:

Fun fact:

K8.0 posted:

Hey guys, remember the extremely hamfisted and badly done plot of Bionic Commando 2009? What if we did that, except way worse and without any of the interesting parts?
It's a bit grosser than that...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yulia_Tymoshenko

The 7th Guest posted:

This is nonsense. Six Days in Fallujah, for example, (which finally released on steam) makes the bloodiest part of America's war of aggression and occupation of Iraq into a fun coop experience where you accidentally shoot some Iraqi civilians and understandably gets a lot of poo poo for it, but no one ever accused it of being Bush's personal propaganda. Sometimes gross or horrific things come from people's own biased and prejudiced perspective and aren't top down authoritarian propaganda pushed by the Kremlin or Washington or whatever.

Macichne Leainig posted:

Yeah that was dumb, the developer having any Russian ties doesn't mean it's inherently bad (and they aren't even Russian IIRC). But people are gonna people
Mundfish, the Atomic Heart studio, is headquartered in Cyprus but they lied about and concealed the fact that they still had a giant moscow studio working on the game, which is why Ukraine accused them of evading sanctions and asked Microsoft, Sony, and Valve to stop publishing it, which they have ignored.

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem
I completely forgot about the whole thing with the internet being really thirsty for that female politician. What the gently caress.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.

People dismissing this stuff is always hilarious because the fact that it's so ridiculous is exactly why it's always true.

Atomic Heart can be a lovely weird fetish game made.by Russians that don't want you to know it's Russian because that's kind of not a cool thing to be at the moment.

Besides all that though it's greatest crime is it's a lovely game. :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rebel Blob
Mar 1, 2008

Extinction for our time

I'm not sure what you are insinuating here. Is it just based the style of the braids? Because that is style pretty stereotypically Russian/Ukrainian, and Atomic Heart seems big into stereotypes.