Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
One time I used one of those household CO2 machines to carbonate pure vodka and it loving worked. This is a science that should never be shared with the world.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Douche Wolf 89
Dec 9, 2010

🍉🐺8️⃣9️⃣

Mekchu posted:

make your own makgeoli :getin:

cutting out the middleman, buying nuruk to snack on like rice crackers

korean specialty grocers hate him

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

a carbonated alcoholic drink...? this is a level beyond...

B33rChiller
Aug 18, 2011

Cthulu Carl posted:

How much do you have to chew Gogurt? Seems like needing to chew is a good dividing line between "Drink" and "Food", but I'm not sure how many chews is the actual delineation

I don't think this is a good test. Any paste, puree, or pate (no accent, on phone) would count as a drink. I think it might be on the right line of thinking though.
Viscosity has something to do with the distinction, more than chewiness.

Kavros
May 18, 2011

sleep sleep sleep
fly fly post post
sleep sleep sleep

Cthulu Carl posted:

How much do you have to chew Gogurt? Seems like needing to chew is a good dividing line between "Drink" and "Food", but I'm not sure how many chews is the actual delineation

a jawbreaker is a drink until you get impatient

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

Pure vodka tho. Not a mix

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

B33rChiller posted:

I don't think this is a good test. Any paste, puree, or pate (no accent, on phone) would count as a drink. I think it might be on the right line of thinking though.

Yeah, I don't think it's "Do you have to chew" it's "How much do you have to chew". This might be a better conversation for GWS though.

Kavros posted:

I think part of the definition has to be that it's a fluid, too. Otherwise ribs so tender they melt in your mouth would be considered a drink.

Actually, that doesn't sound too bad... Hmmm...

Kagaya Homoraisan
Aug 28, 2019

You say, run away
Instead, you get scared
For the way that I feel
Drops out into all this disorder
if someone handed you a large bowl of something, told you its your meal for the day, and youd get mad then its a drink

ergo
yogurt = not a drink
soup = not a drink
water = drink

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Cement Mixers ftw

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

if someone told me i could only have yoghurt that day, i'd be a bit puzzled and annoyed

Ominous Jazz
Jun 15, 2011

Big D is chillin' over here
Wasteland style

Frank Frank posted:

One time I used one of those household CO2 machines to carbonate pure vodka and it loving worked. This is a science that should never be shared with the world.

How did it taste

Douche Wolf 89
Dec 9, 2010

🍉🐺8️⃣9️⃣

if someone told me i could only have yoghurt that day, i'd be a bit puzzled and annoyed

having this dream every night until waking up to a fridge full of gurt, front door covered in locks and chains. hmm, there's a hole in my bathroom wall

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos

Frank Frank posted:

I do this with everclear for death drops, and it rules.

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos
For the uninitiated, a death drop is a 200mg weed gummy dissolved in carbonated ever clear so that it gets really soft and mushy like an egg yolk, and then you down the whole thing and see god.

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos
I used to do 3 and then go work my shift managing a taco bell.

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009
I'll just stick to getting lightly stoned I think

TheSwizzler
May 13, 2005

LETTIN THE CAT OUTTA THE BAG

Dr. Cool Aids posted:

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
yeah I'm just gonna drink beer instead

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Dr. Cool Aids posted:

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

love 2 bust out a chemistry set and then just drop completely dead on the floor

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

Boba Pearl posted:

I used to do 3 and then go work my shift managing a taco bell.

good god

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

I think I only showed up to work drunk once when I worked at a deli years ago, I was still drunk from the night before and had an 8am shift. I was put on grill duty making egg sandwiches and it was hell

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

this fall I'm gonna make apple pie (apple cider, cinnamon stick + everclear concoction), I haven't made it since the pandemmy

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

I'd go in wasted from the night before all the time when I worked a lovely security job. It owned tbh. Being 23 ftw

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

Pablo Nergigante posted:

I think I only showed up to work drunk once when I worked at a deli years ago, I was still drunk from the night before and had an 8am shift. I was put on grill duty making egg sandwiches and it was hell

the one and only time I've gone to work even hungover was the last day of my student teaching after celebrating having finished the last of my exams, and it was like a field day/festival thing and I was so miserable I swore I'd never let it happen again

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

grieving for Gandalf posted:

this fall I'm gonna make apple pie (apple cider, cinnamon stick + everclear concoction), I haven't made it since the pandemmy

i've just ordered like seven litres of gin and 10kg of damsons to make damson gin for christmas

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

Ibram Gaunt posted:

just casually dropping this line...DQ ftw lol

a touching in-game tribute to sugiyama

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

I've got a 100mg gummy sitting around getting stale because I'm always too hesitant to blast my brain out with weed, I can't even imagine 600mg and alcohol.

4 puffs on a blunt and watching a movie ftw

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Tokyo Sexwale posted:

Lol

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos

Tokyo Sexwale posted:

lmao

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"

Kavros posted:

Almost time to start my Violette era

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos

Famethrowa posted:

I've got a 100mg gummy sitting around getting stale because I'm always too hesitant to blast my brain out with weed, I can't even imagine 600mg and alcohol.

4 puffs on a blunt and watching a movie ftw

I used to smoke a qp a month or so (4 oz / 112 grams,) while I was working in a restaurant, which I don't think was that much? Not as much as the old heads were (in an actual restaurant, not the taco bell,) some of my fondest memories are pounding everclear, smoking 2 blunts back to back and then going to go make food with a bunch of friends. They also taught me how to catch a wasp in my mouth, at least I think that's where I learned that. I don't remember a ton from those days. The poke place I worked at shut down, but the other place in Hollywood I worked at is still going strong.

E; I'm sober now, I had to stop drinking for what are probably obvious reasons.

Boba Pearl fucked around with this message at 18:48 on Jul 21, 2023

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
funniest poo poo in korea is seeing people hike up a mountain, whip out a bottle of makgeoli to drink (its like a tradition thing they do) and then hike back down without really caring if they get hurt or not

The Wicked ZOGA
Jan 27, 2022
Probation
Can't post for 4 days!

Tokyo Sexwale posted:

I don't

quote:

Sugiyama was also active in politics and activism, promoting ideas such as Japanese nationalism while denying Japanese war crimes.

oh

Psycho Landlord
Oct 10, 2012

What are you gonna do, dance with me?

lmao

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

there's a carbonated drink called milkis in korea and i had to explain to several exes that the name just makes you think its carbonated milk

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Milkis

Cranappleberry
Jan 27, 2009
love those Threads of Fate-esque graphics.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

lost judgement is really making yagami's speedrunning credentials clear

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

Boba Pearl posted:

I used to smoke a qp a month or so (4 oz / 112 grams,) while I was working in a restaurant, which I don't think was that much? Not as much as the old heads were (in an actual restaurant, not the taco bell,) some of my fondest memories are pounding everclear, smoking 2 blunts back to back and then going to go make food with a bunch of friends. They also taught me how to catch a wasp in my mouth, at least I think that's where I learned that. I don't remember a ton from those days. The poke place I worked at shut down, but the other place in Hollywood I worked at is still going strong.

E; I'm sober now, I had to stop drinking for what are probably obvious reasons.

restaurant kitchens are absolute dens of depravity so I suppose having an expensive weed habit is getting off easy. I miss hanging out by the back entrance and smoking on the stoop.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

Douche Wolf 89 posted:

fermented gogurt = slogurt

Nah it mostly equals vomit and pain.

Someone pulled a bunch of boxes of it out of a reefer and left it in a 90*F+ space for....who knows how long. Then someone else put it back in. Then they got put out one night for mid-rats, and turned every bathroom into a horror show for the next few hours.

Boba Pearl posted:

For the uninitiated, a death drop is a 200mg weed gummy dissolved in carbonated ever clear so that it gets really soft and mushy like an egg yolk, and then you down the whole thing and see god.

I am so loving sad I couldn't use weed back when edibles were the wild west, and now that I can the most I can get is 10mg pieces or 100mg bags.

iwentdoodie fucked around with this message at 19:34 on Jul 21, 2023