Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ThePariah
Feb 10, 2014

Coaaab posted:

sending my well wishes to wwe fans that la knight is a vince guy

He isn't.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

They should repackage him

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Yeah into a crate postmarked for TNA Impact!

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

LA Knight is cool

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Is he actually good on the mic? To me he's still Eli Drake and nothing about him seemed very good but I'm also not watching WWE.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Gumball Gumption posted:

Is he actually good on the mic? To me he's still Eli Drake and nothing about him seemed very good but I'm also not watching WWE.

he got saying "YEAH" over 20 years after Steve Austin got saying "WHAT" over so in another 20 years a wrestler will get "OKAY" over and people will finally realize that it's just the old Chappelle Show Lil Jon sketches again

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009

NienNunb posted:

LA Knight is cool

:yeah:

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

LA Knight's insane ability to be in everyone's funny early career pictures is bordering on a super power.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Gumball Gumption posted:

I like the promos I’ve seen but I’m a sucker for trash talk and cheap catchphrases

Don’t know if he can wrestle good because lol I’m not watching that poo poo

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.

projecthalaxy posted:

LA Knight's insane ability to be in everyone's funny early career pictures is bordering on a super power.

I saw someone on Twitter refer to him as wrestling’s Forrest Gump.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

NienNunb posted:

LA Knight is cool

YEAH

He's okay in the ring. But his charisma is his biggest strength. He's fun to listen to.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

In Maine today, a fan spotted a rare Minigolf Brock

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

CopywrightMMXI posted:

I saw someone on Twitter refer to him as wrestling’s Forrest Gump.

He's Knight
He's Knight
He's Knight
He's not that good.

He's Knight
He's Knight
He's knight
But push, he should.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

MJeff posted:

He's Knight
He's Knight
He's Knight
He's not that good.

He's Knight
He's Knight
He's knight
But push, he should.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
LA Knight's catchphrase is YEAH but Brodie Lee's was YEAH YEAH YEAH which is three times as good

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
I still don't understand the LA Knight hype. When I hear him talk he sounds like someone doing an impersonation of Stone Cold and The Rock combined.

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Astro7x posted:

I still don't understand the LA Knight hype. When I hear him talk he sounds like someone doing an impersonation of Stone Cold and The Rock combined.

then you understand it perfectly

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Astro7x posted:

I don't either but I guess it makes sense since those are two of the last stars this company managed to make. Put him in a pair of jorts and he'll be all set.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

that guy is very confident when speaking which a majority of wrestlers aren't. even half the people who talk a lot just put on an irritating yell-talk that sucks and they can't convey any emotion except incredulous

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Astro7x posted:

Yeah it rules

An Taoiseach
Mar 23, 2008

World's Strongest Love

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Being like Rock or Austin is bad, apparently

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

Astro7x posted:

2000s nostalgia is in vogue right now

Dr. Baker
Jan 25, 2012

Numb me, drill me
Floss me, bill me
Wrestling is the one entertainment medium where it is okay to steal from others.

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

its always ok to steal in art and war

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

The biggest star in the history of the business and the biggest star in the history of... stars? I'd hate to be like them.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
Crowd interactions almost always get over because, get this, they're fun to do

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

projecthalaxy posted:

Everyone should be entitled to a little time off after murdering Cody in front of his mother.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

projecthalaxy posted:

The biggest star in the history of the business and the biggest star in the history of... stars? I'd hate to be like them.

it's almost as if doing an impression of two people who were popular in the 90s feels inherently inauthentic to some people.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

I bet someone doing an earnest hulk hogan routine would get over like rover too though

That poo poo works for a reason

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

LA Knight should only wear British Knights

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

karmicknight posted:

it's almost as if doing an impression of two people who were popular in the 90s feels inherently inauthentic to some people.

Those people don't watch WWE anyway

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

History Comes Inside! posted:

I bet someone doing an earnest hulk hogan routine would get over like rover too though

That poo poo works for a reason

do we count curtis axel as having been over

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

projecthalaxy posted:

The Hole in 1 in 21-1.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

saying la knight is "damien sandow" over feels both very mean and very accurate lol

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Sandow went to impact after not before

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mooseinfants
Dec 22, 2014
If LA Knight really wants to prove he's over he should copy people from the 90s that weren't massive stars