Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.

FilthyImp posted:

Is... is that supposed to be John Wesley Shipp?

It’s just some random guy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Joe Fisto posted:

It’s just some random guy
They Get Nick Cage in the wrong suit and didn't even bother to give the OG Musclefoam Flash some love?

Thaaaaaaaaaats bullshit.

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2

Admiral Joeslop posted:

That face just kills me

FilthyImp posted:

Is... is that supposed to be John Wesley Shipp?
It looks like a 3D model from a videogame that doesn't have the likeness rights

Gnome de plume
Sep 5, 2006

Hell.
Fucking.
Yes.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iwV61t_Tec8&t=52s

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
The Marvels trailer

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?

Boooooring

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster

Seems fine.

The swapping places gimmick is pretty fun, but the trailer basically revealed nothing. No real plot details or major action sequences. Just a random assortment of clips, so hard to tell much about the quality.

Goffer
Apr 4, 2007
"..."

glitchwraith posted:

Watched the multiverse clip online, and the Cage scene was the only one that didn't rub me the wrong way. Well, ignoring the atrocious CGI. All the others felt some degree of exploitative. Although, I suppose it was as well if it's true they didn't approach Cage about it first.

The one clip of it I saw (probably never going to watch it) had the Supermen universe bubbles crashing into each other right after being introduced (and thus I assume being destroyed?) So they brought them into the story only to detonate them and erase them from any continuity?

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I'm sold entirely on just Iman Vellani's "OH MY GOD!" at the cat.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
I have a gut feeling The Marvels will be pretty fun and it looks to be largely self-contained, which is a definite plus now.

Looks like the baddies are all Kree or Kree-adjacent.

Gnome de plume
Sep 5, 2006

Hell.
Fucking.
Yes.
there's an alien lady who's got a beef at Carol and is doing shenanigans that mess with their powers

idk I thought people liked when trailers didn't explain the entire movie

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Looks great.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Big Mean Jerk posted:

I have a gut feeling The Marvels will be pretty fun and it looks to be largely self-contained, which is a definite plus now.

Looks like the baddies are all Kree or Kree-adjacent.
There’s a shot of what appear to be some Accusers and the main villain seems to have one of their hammers

badjohny
Oct 6, 2005

Looks fantastic. My kids actually did a fist pump cheer for it.

confused if this happens before or after Secret Invasion? It appears to pick up right at the end of Ms Marvel. But the stinger in Ms. Marvel wasn't really locked into any specific time.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Almost certainly after SI

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Looks fun to me.

Parkingtigers
Feb 23, 2008
TARGET CONSUMER
LOVES EVERY FUCKING GAME EVER MADE. EVER.
Marvels looks so much fun. After a string of mostly disappointing flicks, I’m ready to believe in Iman Vellani. She just wouldn’t let them make a bad film, she has strong opinions about that.

A grim lol at this being the badass Nick Fury we all know and love, while Secret Invasion has him being a miserable late-life crisis failure.

Tom Tucker
Jul 19, 2003

I want to warn you fellers
And tell you one by one
What makes a gallows rope to swing
A woman and a gun

Iman Vellani is a treasure that cat reaction (which would have been to a tennis ball in a green room) is awesome.

kiminewt
Feb 1, 2022

The trailer shows concerningly little of her. I didn't finish Wandavision so I don't know Monica Rambo or whatever and I saw Captain Marvel so the only one I care about is Ms. Marvel.

I'm sure they know what they have on their hands and there will be plenty of her though.

glitchwraith
Dec 29, 2008

Seems like they had this movie in mind when deciding on Ms. Marvel's TV show powers. Probably would have been difficult to explain why their powers linked them if Kamala had her comic stretchy powers, though TV budget was likely a major factor as well.

That said "I see light." Might be the worst explanation of Spectrum's powers. Of course you see light, you have eyes. Most of us can do that.

kiminewt posted:

The trailer shows concerningly little of her. I didn't finish Wandavision so I don't know Monica Rambo or whatever and I saw Captain Marvel so the only one I care about is Ms. Marvel.

I'm sure they know what they have on their hands and there will be plenty of her though.

This trailer seemed to be centering Captain Marvel because she's closer tied to the inciting event. That said, given the premise, I don't see how the three leads wouldn't be getting similar screen time.

Tom Tucker
Jul 19, 2003

I want to warn you fellers
And tell you one by one
What makes a gallows rope to swing
A woman and a gun

I hope they solve the problem of Captain Marvel being basically a god since the end of her first movie which makes it really hard to build tension.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Tom Tucker posted:

I hope they solve the problem of Captain Marvel being basically a god since the end of her first movie which makes it really hard to build tension.
She can be their Superman. Endgame showed that having godlike power isn't a magic solution to things like refugee crises.

Here it's basically she can't Marvel On without getting someone else involved which is a great workaround.

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

Carol probably won't use her powers too much to prevent some swapping from happening.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

There’s action scenes in the trailer that make it clear the swap is stopped before the end and isn’t the whole plot driver though.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Do we know if this villain is a preexisting character

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

The name was used for an existing character, but he was male and died after 2 appearances that no way resemble the movie plot.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Aphrodite posted:

There’s action scenes in the trailer that make it clear the swap is stopped before the end and isn’t the whole plot driver though.
I mean, yeah, obviously they'll learn to work as a team and do cool switching poo poo that leads to them foiling the switching and defeating the big bad.

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2

Tom Tucker posted:

I mean she absorbs energy, they could just have her somewhere she doesn't have anything to absorb to create tension.

maybeadracula
Sep 9, 2022

by sebmojo
Just inventing a captain marvel kryptonite would be easy

Anti-infinity-stone radiation or whatever

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
i mean, she's just strong? have her fight people who are also strong? shoot her with space laser energy guns that hurt her? this has been a solved problem for decades

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I do find it weird people are like "How can they find a challenge for Captain Marvel" when they've used Dr. Strange, the guy whose power set can best be described as 'can do anything', for multiple movies.. Put her in a challenge she can't instantly punch or give her something strong enough to punch.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

They can't use a big energy beam in the sky or she'll just absorb it so it throws everything off

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Opopanax posted:

They can't use a big energy beam in the sky or she'll just absorb it so it throws everything off

"W-what in the world! This energy beam. It's too BIG and GLOWY for even *me* to absorb! We'll have to find another solution before something vague and slow moving but easily reversed happens!"

Who needs Hollywood Writers, come on Marvel hire me, I'll work for nothing.

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

ImpAtom posted:

"W-what in the world! This energy beam. It's too BIG and GLOWY for even *me* to absorb! We'll have to find another solution before something vague and slow moving but easily reversed happens!"

Their current writers also work for nothing

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

ImpAtom posted:

Come on guys, let’s kick this scab’s rear end.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Not sure if I am a big fan of the version of Carol's uniform that has the really big star on it. It's kind of distracting

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
The star stands for my eyes are up here motherfu--

*needle scratch*

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
should've given her a boob window that is a metaphor for the empty void that is her unfulfilled soul

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Sanschel posted:

Their current writers also work for nothing

Because of the current climate I will make a note that my statement was a joke and not intended to be a slam on striking workers or the effort they put into their jobs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SlimGoodbody
Oct 20, 2003

ImpAtom posted:

Because of the current climate I will make a note that my statement was a joke and not intended to be a slam on striking workers or the effort they put into their jobs.

Writing a joke is also breaking the strike, get in the tar and get ready for the feathers