Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Skios posted:

Michael Ramirez

Kellies Nomination: Worst Gaslighting

The whole song is one big dogwhistle.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

L. Ron DeSantis
Nov 10, 2009

Ben Garrison posted:

OUR WOKE AND WEAK MILITARY-CHINA IS LAUGHING
Cartoon published 07/21/2023

Enlistment in the US military is down 23 percent under Defense Secretary Lloyd Austin’s watch.

Fewer young people want to join a ‘woke’ LGBTQUSMC these days and be subject to getting killed in useless foreign wars begun by NATO. I guess the low pay, getting jabbed with a dangerous battery of vaccines, and receiving orders from a man pretending to be a woman aren’t much of an incentive.

Never Miss A New Cartoon! Sign Up Today For Our GrrrNEWS cartoon newsletter-It’s Free and Easy!

John Kirby, the National Security Council spokesman, is pushing taxpayer-funded abortions and transgenders in the military. He called abortion a “foundational, sacred obligation.” So abortion is more important than military readiness? Abortion is now a “foundation?” It’s virtuous? Abortion is “sacred?” How did that happen? And why did Joe Biden pronounce transgenders as being “the soul of our nation?” I guess that makes sense for Joe—lies and delusion are central to his psyche.

In other words, instead of our military defending our country, it’s prime directive consists of sex changes and abortion. Got it. And don’t worry—trans-men and women are a protected class in America. They can join the military, but they won’t be allowed to risk their lives by fighting on the front lines. What a relief!

You are invited to join me on SubscribeStar- a Pateron alternative, for exclusive cartoons and behind the scenes look at GrrrGraphics, Click to Join!

President Xi must be standing back and laughing about all of this. China already has treated Lloyd Austin with the contempt and disrespect he deserves. Do you think China is catering to the woke, transgender crowd? I think not. When they attack Taiwan, expect little resistance from Biden. After all, the Chinese Communist Party has already purchased Biden’s cooperation.

Our military has been divided, radicalized, feminized, trans-sexualized, and greatly weakened as a fighting force under Biden and Austin. If Joe has the election rigged for him again by the Deep State Swamp, we must engage in mass civil disobedience.

After all, the Uniparty in Congress already does this—they ignore the Constitution and the equal application of justice. If there is a draft, become a draft dodger. Do not enlist to fight the globalists’ foreign wars.

— Ben Garrison

[quote="Ben Garrison"]
TRUST THE $CIENCE..THEY SCREAMED
Cartoon published 07/20/2023

Anthony Fauci may be an MD who likes to be seen in a lab coat, but he’s not much of a doctor. If you put the Devil in a lab coat, he’s still the Devil.

Fauci’s lab coat cannot hide his devilish deeds. Real doctors are supposed to do no harm, but Fauci is responsible for the death of millions. He should be arrested and imprisoned, but instead he basks in the limelight as he continues his effort to control and polish his Covid narrative. The former NIAID Director is supposed to be retired and banking his highest government pension in US history, but instead he runs his mouth and enjoys being shuttled around in limousines with the protection of bodyguards—all paid for by the government. Why?

You are invited to join me on SubscribeStar- a Pateron alternative, for exclusive cartoons and behind the scenes look at GrrrGraphics, Click to Join!

Senator Rand Paul has exposed Fauci for what he is: A corrupt career bureaucrat whose personal wealth increased by about 30 percent during the Covid ‘crisis.’ Fauci committed perjury when he lied to Congress about ‘gain of function.’ It is clear Fauci helped fund, with American taxpayer money, the Chinese bioweapon lab at Wuhan that created the virus. Fauci did his best to cover up the Chinese Communist Party’s connection by claiming the virus most likely came from a bat.

The diminutive Fauci is a megalomaniac dictator who once said “I am science!” He helped cancel free speech during a time when we needed to hear the truth about Covid. During the Covid years, if one attempted to post on social media an opinion contrary to the official, authoritarian Fauci narrative, censorship was often the result. Those who dared to criticize the science god Fauci were accused of spreading ‘misinformation.’

Never Miss A New Cartoon! Sign Up Today For Our GrrrNEWS cartoon newsletter-It’s Free and Easy!

Fauci politicized science. He corrupted it. He controlled big government money and used it to further his own personal power. Fauci decided which scientists should be rewarded and which to silence. He made and broke careers. Money was the reason—not merit, and Fauci made sure he profited handsomely—along with Bill Gates and the Big Pharma bigwigs. Fauci is not science-based. He’s money-based.

Fauci is a liar and corrupt to the marrow. He lies with confidence. He has ’small man syndrome,’ which means he is driven to make himself look big and important by belittling others. “Senator Paul, you don’t know what you’re talking about!” It’s almost as if Fauci is saying, “I am science and I wear a lab coat! I’m a big shot, so you must shut up and believe what I say!” Paul was not intimidated by Fauci’s lab coat, nor by his bullying bluster. Paul did know what he was talking about.

Fauci should not be rewarded with a fabulous pension. He should not be allowed to keep his graft obtained by his ties with Big Pharma. Disgustingly, Fauci was given a presidential award for the disastrous “Operation Warp Speed.” Rushing out under-tested gene therapy jabs was a big mistake by Trump. Awarding Fauci only underlined that mistake and, of course, Trump was promptly stabbed in the back by Fauci. Let’s hope Trump learned his lesson from all the backstabbing and appoints better people during his second term.

Fauci is more of a globalist gangster than doctor. He belongs in prison. Can Rand Paul can help send him there? That’s doubtful because Fauci has strong ties with the globalist Deep State Swamp.

Meanwhile, we all need harbor a healthy skepticism toward globalist devils in lab coats. They are already drumming up another round of viruses, scare tactics, and dangerous vaccines meant to cull humanity.

— Ben Garrison

Note: each of Ben's rants includes some related cartoons, but they're not new.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:

the_steve posted:

Kellies Nomination: Worst Gaslighting

The whole song is one big dogwhistle.

No, it's a loving fog-horn.

Combine it with the music video shot at a courthouse famous for lynching happening, while projecting footage of BLM protest?

Ambitious Spider
Feb 13, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
Almost like there isn’t a whole sub-genre called…

Whatever. Forget it. They know. Same reason they think gangster rap is degenerate but Marty robbins in wholesome fun

Grape
Nov 16, 2017

Happily shilling for China!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TLnUJzueBOQ

Tibalt
May 14, 2017

What, drawn, and talk of peace! I hate the word, As I hate hell, all Montagues, and thee

Why can't you do that in a small town? What would happen in that small town? What would those good old boys who were raised in that small town do, exactly? Say it with your chests you smarmy racists.

Grape
Nov 16, 2017

Things my family can't do in a small town.
-go to a non-protestant church
-have a heavy accent
-speak a different language
-teach actual history without losing my job
-Possibly pass as white enough (except for my son funnily enough, but he knows foreign words now so...)

Gosh! Just sign me right up!

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Grape posted:

Things my family can't do in a small town.
-go to a non-protestant church
-have a heavy accent
-speak a different language
-teach actual history without losing my job
-Possibly pass as white enough (except for my son funnily enough, but he knows foreign words now so...)

Gosh! Just sign me right up!

You're missing the part where, for people who like that Jason Aldean song, those are good things.

Crunch Buttsteak
Feb 26, 2007

You think reality is a circle of salt around my brain keeping witches out?
Listen, the one black family in my small hometown moving away after two years for the explicit reason of "this place is way too racist for us to exist comfortably" just means they were out of touch ivory tower elites, don't read into it

Grape
Nov 16, 2017

the_steve posted:

You're missing the part where, for people who like that Jason Aldean song, those are good things.

Oh, I'm not missing that at all.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Crunch Buttsteak posted:

Listen, the one black family in my small hometown moving away after two years for the explicit reason of "this place is way too racist for us to exist comfortably" just means they were out of touch ivory tower elites, don't read into it

"Hey man, we weren't burning a cross in their yard to be racist! We were just playing an ironic prank!"

MechaCrash
Jan 1, 2013

which is about "automation is stealing all the jobs and leaving displaced workers in the lurch" immediately followed by

Microplastics posted:

Over the past couple of weeks I made a tool for Discendo Vox to manage the kellie noms and after learning some new tricks, it occurs to me that i could probably make a similar tool for getting content posted to the thread (i.e. automating as much as possible)

So, those who post politoons to the thread: what's your process? what webpages do you go to, and when? what content do you scrape from them, besides the cartoons themselves? please do DM me - i might be able to make your life easier!

I won't be able to code anything as fancy as auto-rehosting of images but I reckon I can at least make something that checks various websites, scrapes the images and other relevant content, and drafts a post you can stick in the thread.

this request for automation is :discourse:.

But to add actual content, yeah, it is immensely frustrating that "the tedious repetitive jobs are being phased out so machines can do them" is a bad thing, but I am not the first and won't be the last to point out that all the increases in productivity and efficiency are only benefiting the people at the top and the rest of us can just get hosed. I don't think we'd have so much pushback against everything being automated if we had UBI, but that's how it is on this on this bitch of an Earth.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
:britain:

Guardian:

"Ben Jennings on Oppenheimer and humanity’s power to destroy – As Christopher Nolan’s atomic bomb epic is released, the northern hemisphere continues to endure a blistering heatwave challenging climate records"

Telegraph:

Matt:

Independent:

UK by-election results: Everything you need to know in graphs

Times:

Nigel Farage: Coutts owner apologises for ‘inappropriate’ claims

Evening Standard:

Thumping defeats for Sunak’s Tories but he is spared by-election whitewash

Stephen Collins:

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

This is really good and worth the read.

I dont know
Aug 9, 2003

That Guy here...

the_steve posted:

"Hey man, we weren't burning a cross in their yard to be racist! We were just playing an ironic prank!"

https://thenib.com/just-a-joke/

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Stupid sexy Satan!

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Even Ben Garrison can't be too stupid to figure out what abortions have to do with military readiness, I refuse to believe that.

RoboRodent
Sep 19, 2012

I feel like the grammar in Garrison's rants is getting worse.

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖

MechaCrash posted:

which is about "automation is stealing all the jobs and leaving displaced workers in the lurch" immediately followed by

this request for automation is :discourse:.

But to add actual content, yeah, it is immensely frustrating that "the tedious repetitive jobs are being phased out so machines can do them" is a bad thing, but I am not the first and won't be the last to point out that all the increases in productivity and efficiency are only benefiting the people at the top and the rest of us can just get hosed. I don't think we'd have so much pushback against everything being automated if we had UBI, but that's how it is on this on this bitch of an Earth.
The problem is that anyone ever believed that the savings and profits of automation would be passed on to the workers. One day all labor in America will be automated and 99% of the population will be miserable and destitute.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Skelly made the classic blunder of forgetting to make the characters in his racist cartoon black.

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

:australia:

The cartoons today are either about :
Treasurer Jim Chalmers releasing the first report into his "wellbeing budget", and being criticised for the report using out-of-date data before the housing prices really shot up: Australia's first 'wellbeing budget' shows mixed results across health and environment (ABC).
And the Women's World Cup, where Australia's Matilda's star captain Sam Kerr is out for at least a couple of matches with a calf injury.

Pope:

Rowe:

Knight:

Lethbridge:

Leak, Son of Leak:

Leunig:

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Lalo Alcaraz

Clay Jones

Nomi Kane

Kendra Wells

Pleasant Friend
Dec 30, 2008

Someone actually made a big rear end comic about being proud to be called a Luddite and didn't once think, "Hey this makes me look like a stupid rear end in a top hat"

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

i also sometimes dont read comics in this thread as well

Pleasant Friend
Dec 30, 2008

Hey, some of the best people have been called stupid assholes before, people should be proud to be stupid assholes.

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Are you talking from experience or ???

Adenoid Dan
Mar 8, 2012

The Hobo Serenader
Lipstick Apathy
Luddites were cool and good and so was that comic.

Pleasant Friend
Dec 30, 2008

Please don't try to make that a thing. Its already embarrassing enough to be leftist online.

Adenoid Dan
Mar 8, 2012

The Hobo Serenader
Lipstick Apathy
Seriously read the cartoon about what luddism actually was before judging it. It explains well why people are opposing advances that superficially appear beneficial.

Pleasant Friend
Dec 30, 2008

:awesome: Um aktually being a Luddite is cool and rad

Adenoid Dan
Mar 8, 2012

The Hobo Serenader
Lipstick Apathy
Umm actually it's cool when companies take the profits from their employees labor and invest it in eliminating the positions those workers held or use it to reduce their bargaining power and wages.

Also I'm a leftist!

(Fair enough I'll cut it out)

Adenoid Dan fucked around with this message at 03:24 on Jul 22, 2023

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

aight bud, you got somewhere else to be or are you just gonna waste peoples time when they see this thread has like 10 new replies

Pleasant Friend
Dec 30, 2008

The comic itself is poo poo because its an obnoxiously wordy lecture, has art that looks like it belongs on a medical leaflet and I am always skeptical of anything that mixes a bunch of leftish sounding buzzwords and quotes with the selfish chud ideological blackhole of modern luddite/primitivism.

But its espeshally bad and cringy because its trying to do that thing where they wear the badge of an rear end in a top hat as mark of pride. It literally doesn't matter about the true history of Luddites unless you're going to obnoxiously Um Actually every single person you have to explain this to because in the modern English language that just means "Guy who is afraid/hates technology."

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Pleasant Friend posted:

Someone actually made a big rear end comic about being proud to be called a Luddite and didn't once think, "Hey this makes me look like a stupid rear end in a top hat"

Hey, maybe you should actually read up on what the Luddite movement was about, rather than spouting ignorant poo poo based entirely on the modern usage of the term! Fortunately that comic explains it in detail, which you would know if you didn't completely dismiss it based on a kneejerk reaction!

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

dude writes for the sun probably

Pleasant Friend
Dec 30, 2008

That student probably never read the book because Frankenstein's Monster was a rapist rear end in a top hat. Though I would more expect the Sun to defend the monster if they knew about that part.

Charlz Guybon
Nov 16, 2010

Skios posted:

Tom Stiglich

For Stiglich this is pretty creative and surprisingly non-offensive

idonotlikepeas
May 29, 2010

This reasoning is possible for forums user idonotlikepeas!
Jeff Danziger

Lisa Benson

Pedro X. Molina

Ann Telnaes

Lee Judge

Mike Smith

John Branch

Jimmy Margulies

Ed Gamble

David M. Hitch

Bill Bramhall

Drew Sheneman

Adam Zyglis

David Horsey

Grape
Nov 16, 2017

lol, does this artist not know who Ukraine is fighting or wtf

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

L. Ron DeSantis
Nov 10, 2009

Kellies nomination: Worst label (on the suitcase)