Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Walked
Apr 14, 2003

Fast Luck posted:

I don't have an official O's jersey, just an old counterfeit Ripken one and a gaudy orange thing. I'd instantly buy this jersey lol. Apologies to Adam Jones and Nick Markakis

I've got an old faded jersey and have been holding off on buying a new one

I'd instantly buy one, yeah.
I also would be scared about what we'd be giving up so I dont really wanna make that move, but it'd sure be exciting

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

Popete posted:

This is a thing people have done so yes.

Trevor Bauer famously threw a baby fit and chucked a ball over the center field wall from the mound

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aCeXEa0Ouk8

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

JBJ launched a ball into the centerfield seats from home plate, though he needed a running start
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0AnpKBxr9AM

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Kevlar v2.0 posted:

Trevor Bauer famously threw a baby fit and chucked a ball over the center field wall from the mound

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aCeXEa0Ouk8

He's a massive piece of poo poo but this is very impressive.

Milovan Drecun
Apr 17, 2007
I masturbate in traffic.

IcePhoenix posted:

He would take Michael Taylor's spot

Only in the sense that MAT would be moved to a platoon role/bench role where he belongs. In roster terms, they'll likely pair it with a move like dumping Kepler for a nothing return (Yankees), or possibly moving on from Gallo in some fashion. The reality is they likeliest outcome is they deemote Wallner again, to maintain maximum depth. Whatever the case, they're not moving on from Taylor.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Milovan Drecun posted:

Only in the sense that MAT would be moved to a platoon role/bench role where he belongs. In roster terms, they'll likely pair it with a move like dumping Kepler for a nothing return (Yankees), or possibly moving on from Gallo in some fashion. The reality is they likeliest outcome is they deemote Wallner again, to maintain maximum depth. Whatever the case, they're not moving on from Taylor.

I was talking about the starting lineup yeah

Well Played Mauer
Jun 1, 2003

We'll always have Cabo
I hated the playoff changes before this hot stove season. Now I want the owners sent to The Hague for what they’ve done.

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.
Josh Donaldson to the 60-day IL is hilarious but less funny than him continuing to be in the Yankees lineup every day

Redeye Flight
Mar 26, 2010

God, I'm so tired. What the hell did I post last night?

Penisaurus Sex posted:

yeah that's the end of the competitive part of the 2023 Mariners season.

oh well. trade deadline should be fun.

I must be missing something here, because from my side of things you guys basically forced us to talk to the hand all day. I can't think of anything that went particularly wrong for y'all, unless there was an injury or something that I haven't heard about.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Redeye Flight posted:

I must be missing something here, because from my side of things you guys basically forced us to talk to the hand all day. I can't think of anything that went particularly wrong for y'all, unless there was an injury or something that I haven't heard about.

a couple posts above theirs, and given the timestamp, today's game hadn't happened yet

speaking of, can't help but notice Buxton returned to the lineup and the Twins immediately got shut out

Redeye Flight
Mar 26, 2010

God, I'm so tired. What the hell did I post last night?

IcePhoenix posted:

a couple posts above theirs, and given the timestamp, today's game hadn't happened yet

speaking of, can't help but notice Buxton returned to the lineup and the Twins immediately got shut out

I also noticed this, I'm not a fan. I don't know what the answer is with Buxton but right now it really doesn't look like sending him out there to keep trying is it.

Not that anyone ELSE was very good at getting poo poo done today. I'm coming around more and more to the idea of trading something for Bellinger, or any reliable contact hitter.

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

it is funny to think of Cody Bellinger as a "reliable contact hitter"

I love Cody very much but I'm not sold that's who he is now

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

bawfuls posted:

Why don't you contact this butt since this post is a fart

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

Look Cody Bellinger is supposed to take big bong rips, hit big bombs, and make spectacular catches. Any other version of him is weird and off-putting.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
I love him. Thank you for him

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

Bellinger is like the 6th fastest player in sprint speed. David Ross will teach him the ways of the :bunt:

Walked
Apr 14, 2003

:smugbird:

is this real

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen

bawfuls posted:

As long as some other GM does in the next week and a half.

Bregor
May 31, 2013

People are idiots, Leslie.

Well Played Mauer posted:

I want the owners sent to The Hague

I need no other context, I'm already :hmmyes:

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Walked posted:

:smugbird:

is this real

no that's a smilie

rickiep00h
Aug 16, 2010

BATDANCE

The Twins have used up their allotment of runs for the week, we will now score no runs til *checks calendar* Monday. We thank the lineup for its two days of run support.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Astros used up the rest of the month’s offensive allotment after that Halos series.

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

First place :smugbird:

Mr. Fix It
Oct 26, 2000

💀ayyy💀

find yourself a partner that loves you like the mariners love being .500

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Mr. Fix It posted:

Told everyone they'd win yesterday.

Tony Phillips
Feb 9, 2006

Mr. Fix It posted:

Now 20 drat times in 96 games. 20 times of 48 possible.

Win game. Lose game. Win game? Lose game. Lose game? Oh, win game!

It's like watching a stopwatch sway back and forth and soon you'll fall into a deep deep sleep and it will be October and you won't have to watch this water treading nonsense any more....

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Tony Phillips posted:

Now 20 drat times in 96 games. 20 times of 48 possible.

Win game. Lose game. Win game? Lose game. Lose game? Oh, win game!

It's like watching a stopwatch sway back and forth and soon you'll fall into a deep deep sleep and it will be October and you won't have to watch this water treading nonsense any more....

You're the only team who I would accept Ohtani going to. Take solace in my commiseration.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

mdemone posted:

You're the only team who I would accept Ohtani going to. Take solace in my commiseration.

Divisional rivals dude!

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

The Brewers are somehow 11 games above .500 with a negative run differential

Tony Phillips
Feb 9, 2006

mdemone posted:

I miscounted anyway - it's 21 times.

Please send him soon.

Edit:
Only twice at .500 in the first 33 games. 19 times in the last 63 games.
SODO MOJO

Tony Phillips fucked around with this message at 16:25 on Jul 21, 2023

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

Kevlar v2.0 posted:

Playoffs determined by top 6 run differential teams. Cubs in baby

Hand Row
May 28, 2001

Kevlar v2.0 posted:

The benefits of a stellar bullpen but a putrid offense. Add a few injuries to starting pitching and you get a few outlier brutal losses while you win games 3-2 constantly. If they can trade for just a below average first base and corner outfielder it would be a massive difference. They are rock bottom OPS for every position except a resurgent Yelich in LF and Contreras at catcher. Woodruff will be back in the rotation soon as well.

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

zoux posted:

Divisional rivals dude!

If the Angels let Ohtani get away then I'm abandoning the franchise and Arte can gently caress off forever

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

mdemone posted:

If the Angels let Ohtani get away then I'm abandoning the franchise and Arte can gently caress off forever

and no one in the world would blame you...its like letting the baseball Michael Jordan go

Paper Tiger
Jun 17, 2007

🖨️🐯torn apart by idle hands

MrMidnight posted:

and no one in the world would blame you...its like letting the baseball Michael Jordan go

Ohtani's a lot better than baseball Michael Jordan, that's for sure

That raises the question, would Ohtani be better at basketball than Michael Jordan was at baseball?

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

100% Ohtani would be better at hoops than Jordan's weird baseball attempt

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Jordan did pretty good for just dropping into AA without playing in I assume 14 or so years

bees x1000
Jun 11, 2020

now I'm imagining Space Jam but it's Ohtani and baseball and Ghibli.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

AndrewP posted:

First place :smugbird:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
Ohtani and Betts start a bowling team