Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is YISUN?
Mother
A lie we tell ourselves to have a purpose
Bliss
A paradox with no solution
Father
A strong female protagonist
The weakest thing there is and the smallest crawling thing
Creator
Everything in this miserable and hellish existence
A solution with no paradoxes
View Results

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

Oxxidation posted:

wrote down the question "is werewolf jones royalty?" and the paper burst into flame

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Demilich
Apr 9, 2020

The First Rites of Men Were Mortuary, the First Altars Tombs.

“I will tell you precisely what Royalty is,” said Jones, “It is a continuous cutting motion.”

*proceeds to cut ballsack open with a cheese grater*

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

he dead when he OD'd after jerking off on a christmas tree and still shows up regularly so the answer is clear

Joe Slowboat
Nov 9, 2016

Higgledy-Piggledy Whale Statements

To be scrupulously fair to Solomon David, most administrative bodies cease existing if the capital and metropole is obliterated by the wrath of an angry god.

To be even more fair, Solomon David insisted his empire was the only one that wouldn’t ever happen to or finish off.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Ozymandias fell but I’m different

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
"Oh, hey, I should check if K6BD is back from hiat-" :asoiaf:

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled

girl dick energy posted:

"Oh, hey, I should check if K6BD is back from hiat-" :asoiaf:

Lmao, yeah there's been a lot since the hiatus.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Synthbuttrange posted:

Ozymandias fell but I’m different

Lol

It must chap his rear end, lying there in that museum in Cairo, that a nothingburger of a pharaoh who died just 20 years before he was born is a household name solely on account of nobody bothering to find and loot his tomb, while people still have to look up just who the gently caress "Ozymandias no not the comic book guy" is

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

A real historical example of royalty is Ea-Nasir

Look upon my copper, ye creditors, and despair.

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Royalty is a continuous shitposting motion.
Ramses II is still pretty well known, it's just that plenty of people don't realize that Ozymandias is what the Greeks called him.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

habeasdorkus posted:

Ramses II is still pretty well known, it's just that plenty of people don't realize that Ozymandias is what the Greeks called him.

Rameses II wouldn't have given the slightest gently caress that no one knew what some goat herding barbarians living in a rocky wasteland called him!

Gnome de plume
Sep 5, 2006

Hell.
Fucking.
Yes.
Nothing beside remains, because of the kicking rad fight scene that obliterated everything except for two vast and trunkless legs of stone

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

Joe Slowboat posted:

To be scrupulously fair to Solomon David, most administrative bodies cease existing if the capital and metropole is obliterated by the wrath of an angry god.

To be even more fair, Solomon David insisted his empire was the only one that wouldn’t ever happen to or finish off.
Salami Dave built a very resilient house of cards, in that there were still cards left to pick up after Jagganoth elbow-dropped the table and set the remnants on fire.

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
johnny jesus and the infield fly rule

SardonicTyrant posted:

A real historical example of royalty is Ea-Nasir

Look upon my copper, ye creditors, and despair.

royalty is a disingenuous copper promotion

YaketySass
Jan 15, 2019

Blind Idiot Dog
Ea Nasir when told about Yisun:

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

Pattonesque posted:

royalty is a disingenuous copper promotion

royalty is a continuous cutting (your product with inferior filler) motion

RocketMermaid
Mar 30, 2004

My pronouns are She/Heir.

wiegieman posted:

Solomon did have a bureaucracy and an army and all of that stuff, it just mostly evaporated along with everyone else in the ring of power and got further annihilated when Jagganoth showed off how to julienne a planet.

KILL SIX BILLION DEMONS: How to julienne a planet

Demiurge4
Aug 10, 2011

https://twitter.com/Orbitaldropkick/status/1682450944989057036

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Long Live the Hermit King

Demiurge4
Aug 10, 2011

I want White Chain to go see the angels so bad.

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
Eating and drinking rules

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Yes WC, eating and drinking is amazing. :3:

And that's pretty much a guarantee that Dave is going to show up again in one way or another.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
Alcohol shouldn't be illegal in the Celestial Empire anymore White Chain. Time to get hosed up!

YaketySass
Jan 15, 2019

Blind Idiot Dog
Well that explains parts of the book cover I guess. :ms:

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

So I guess she's an emissary maybe?

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

MikeJF posted:

So I guess she's an emissary maybe?

She's a demiurge. That's straight up the key of kings he gave her.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Okay then

Time for the two of them to get drunk and break the universe on a girl's night out

Dr Subterfuge
Aug 31, 2005

TIME TO ROC N' ROLL

Tenebrais posted:

She's a demiurge. That's straight up the key of kings he gave her.

Dialogue makes it sound like she's an emissary. "So he's definitely alive out there somewhere" doesn't really follow if he gave her his key.

Dr Subterfuge fucked around with this message at 19:42 on Jul 21, 2023

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon
He grew as a character and didn't need the key anymore.

Wyld Karde
Mar 18, 2013

She's so ~dreamy~

MikeJF posted:

Okay then

Time for the two of them to get drunk and break the universe on a girl's night out

I want this so much.

studio mujahideen
May 3, 2005

Dr Subterfuge posted:

Dialogue makes it sound like she's an emissary. "So he's definitely alive out there somewhere" doesn't really follow if he gave her his key.

you can lose your key without dying

Xand_Man
Mar 2, 2004

If what you say is true
Wutang might be dangerous

Dr Subterfuge posted:

check the timing. She said she woke up a day or more later, after Cio and Allison. Solomon David had punched Jagganoth into the phantom zone by that point, so he must have survived it.

Dr Subterfuge
Aug 31, 2005

TIME TO ROC N' ROLL
Initially I thought this is supposed to have happened before he trapped Jagannath, but the timing makes more sense after I guess. I thought the logic was "you're his emissary so clearly he still has his key" but it could just be "he was alive to give you the key in the first place"

e: that also makes his whole glowing fissures thing make sense. And uh why there isn't a key glowing in his shaded forehead

Dr Subterfuge fucked around with this message at 19:48 on Jul 21, 2023

YaketySass
Jan 15, 2019

Blind Idiot Dog
Please, just Citizen White Chain is fine.

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

Do you think this is funny?

needs an edit with salami dave's head

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
johnny jesus and the infield fly rule
Solomon David finally takes the tiniest step toward Royalty

Lemony
Jul 27, 2010

Now With Fresh Citrus Scent!
Pretty sure he straight up gave her the key. I'd speculate that he realized he'd hosed up real bad and that the key never really gave him any useful power. He was juiced up on sweet demiurge sauce when he fought Jagganoth, it didn't really appreciably help. Better to give it to someone else and hope they can do better, especially if you recently witnessed that person do something you thought was literally impossible (which is saying something for a demiurge).

It's not like he can't fight without the key. As I recall, he took his first key using "only" ki-rata. Having the key didn't make a difference against Jags, he has no respect for Incubus, and the other demiurges are dead or hosed off. Why bother holding on to it.

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

Yeah it really seems like she actually has his key and is not just an emissary.

Joe Slowboat
Nov 9, 2016

Higgledy-Piggledy Whale Statements

They’d been arguing about this - when he took her up, and ended his speech with “until a better age” he made it clear, he would only give his empire up to someone who could protect it, and that had to be someone who could beat him in a fight.

His empire is no longer available to be protected, and so he felt he could say “here’s what you wanted - you have the strength to make the decisions now.”

He called it a curse for a reason.
I’m excited to see if he survived past this, it seems plausible!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YaketySass
Jan 15, 2019

Blind Idiot Dog

GunnerJ posted:

needs an edit with salami dave's head

That came to me as well but for now I'll just elaborate on a lazy Discord shitpost:

Only registered members can see post attachments!