Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: 16-bit Butt-Head)

hseroK divaD
Jun 3, 2011

Creepy Richard will keep leering at you NON-STOP!
https://twitter.com/langiange/status/1682375181082214401

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound

Drunkboxer posted:

took it off manually

i'll bet he put it on manually too

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

tenderjerk posted:

i clicked on "show more" so you dont have to and i feel you need to see the whole thing

getting so mad about the cone you invent a guy

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

Nobody puts Phil in a corner.

everytime i see it im somehow still baffled that this is a thing

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
it's so funny that they announced that thing what eight years ago and since then every other company has released their own electric truck and they're all better at everything than this one will be

Knight
Dec 23, 2000

SPACE-A-HOLIC
Taco Defender

tenderjerk posted:

i clicked on "show more" so you dont have to and i feel you need to see the whole thing

Thank you for adding "Communist software engineer" to my brain today

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

one thing I often want when I’m driving is to blend more into my surroundings and t be less visible. thank you Elon. Elon ftw

bigstupidjellyfish
Oct 25, 2010

Last Chance posted:

one thing I often want when I’m driving is to blend more into my surroundings and t be less visible. thank you Elon. Elon ftw

people do wrap their trucks in camo, it's stupid and pointless but it is a thing that predates tesla. of course the venn diagram of people who do that and tesla fanboys is probably two completely separate circles located in different states, but there's some kind of marketing logic to doing this.

Gabagool
Jul 20, 2020

tenderjerk posted:

i'd just take the bus or walk, very simple

coconono
Aug 11, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
no one calls the cops, OP is a liar

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

the cybertruck got stuck on a curb and needed little ramps to get over it

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rCUYMM6pABw

TheMightyBoops
Nov 1, 2016

bigstupidjellyfish posted:

people do wrap their trucks in camo, it's stupid and pointless but it is a thing that predates tesla. of course the venn diagram of people who do that and tesla fanboys is probably two completely separate circles located in different states, but there's some kind of marketing logic to doing this.

I think it’s to prevent people from getting 100% clear photographs of the body work. Normally you’d use it on a thing no one’s seen before. It also probably helps obscure build quality too though.

Burn Zone
May 22, 2004

TheMightyBoops posted:

I think it’s to prevent people from getting 100% clear photographs of the body work. Normally you’d use it on a thing no one’s seen before. It also probably helps obscure build quality too though.

that's dumb the car has been shown before there was even a factory to build them

I think some rich rear end in a top hat likes it

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys
*ford executive at ford headquarters looking at the cyber truck through a weird telescope like rita repulsa* what if we made our trucks really ugly and lovely??

TheMightyBoops
Nov 1, 2016

Burn Zone posted:

that's dumb the car has been shown before there was even a factory to build them

I think some rich rear end in a top hat likes it

my theory is that it would look like poo poo without it.

Isentropy
Dec 12, 2010

bigstupidjellyfish posted:

the goal of this is normally to hide a car you don’t want your competitors to find and try to study and copy you’re developing in secret and none of this applies here

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost
I can't think of a scenario where that dumb loving truck is anything but a boondoggle.

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Even with the stupid camo paint decal thing you can still see the driver side door has a gap that’s huge at the top and gets smaller towards to bottom showing the car doesn’t fit together right :lol:

Speleothing
May 6, 2008

Spare batteries are pretty key.
It's like Hollywood accounting, you need a big flop every once in a while to hide all the other malfeasance that's been going on.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

tenderjerk posted:

Do you need to be a software engineer, communist or not, to manually place a traffic cone on the hood of a car?

graventy
Jul 28, 2006

Fun Shoe
They're spending more on different camo prints than they spent designing the thing in the first place.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

that thing is hideous my monitor is on

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
to be fair it's common practice for cars on test tracks, this is just Tesla copying the moves palm slap vhs

punished milkman
Dec 5, 2018

would have won

Zeroisanumber posted:

I can't think of a scenario where that dumb loving truck is anything but a boondoggle.

endless legions of 16 bit buttheads will purchase this truck and love it more than anything

Seatbelts
Mar 29, 2010

lol get hosed

RBC
Nov 23, 2007

IM STILL SPENDING MONEY FROM 1888
traffic cones, my only weaknesss

TheMightyBoops
Nov 1, 2016

RBC posted:

traffic cones, my only weaknesss*

* one of.

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

Vlc media player defeats musk

gregday
May 23, 2003

https://twitter.com/scalzi/status/1682467179260674050

RBC
Nov 23, 2007

IM STILL SPENDING MONEY FROM 1888
getting paid millions to convince company to stop sending poop emoji emails

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RhCM-8_2AxY

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

the camo is literally just them doing what real car companies do because they think they’re a real car company, they aren’t trying to make it stealthy or tacticool it’s stupid as gently caress for its own very special reason

endocriminologist
May 17, 2021

SUFFERINGLOVER:press send + soul + earth lol
inncntsoul:ok

(inncntsoul has left the game)

ARCHON_MASTER:lol
MAMMON69:lol

Love the uzumaki car

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Like normally the stealth camo is the first time the public will actually see the car

I think they may be using it in this case because stainless is a dirt and fingerprint magnet

shyduck has issued a correction as of 21:07 on Jul 21, 2023

coconono
Aug 11, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
vlc whips a musk's rear end

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

punished milkman posted:

endless legions of 16 bit buttheads will purchase this truck and love it more than anything

That's right

POWELL CURES KIDS
Aug 26, 2016

the noises these guys made in super mario 64 were needlessly sexual

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

ELTON JOHN
Feb 17, 2014
the paintjob is being used to hide rust

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?

coconono posted:

vlc whips a musk's rear end

I don't think musk has a stake in the coning of the cars

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Egg Moron
Jul 21, 2003

the dreams of the delighting void

POWELL CURES KIDS posted:

the noises these guys made in super mario 64 were needlessly sexual

depends on your needs imo