Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: harrygomm, Astryl)

InventorOfTrees
Dec 13, 2013

Noted Psycho Poster Panda Clue
He Dreams of Pancakes
And So Should You
The answer to the super unique question was amazing too.

"Any plans to make super uniques more obtainable? Right now it's mathematically unlikely you'll ever obtain one."

"well, you shouldn't plan your builds around super uniques"

Oh. Ok. Thanks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Dr Kool-AIDS posted:

Honest question, do people filming stuff like this usually get makeup or no?

I like ArenaNet in this regard, when they do things like this for Guild Wars 2, it is very professional. They have a newsroom like setup specifically for stuff like this, and the production values are really high.

The Ol Spicy Keychain
Jan 17, 2013

I MEPHISTO MY OWN ASSHOLE

Ehud posted:

this guy needs a hug, a good meal, and a loving nap

lmao he needs a drink

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

I said come in! posted:

May I please have an in-game matchmaking system? I want easier tools for playing with others.

They said, and I quote, "we're looking into it and evaluating".

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

SettingSun posted:

That seems silly to me but I will wait patiently.

Substandard
Oct 16, 2007

3rd street for life

Ehud posted:

He said "i'm really out of it" about this time. Not a good couple days for the D4 devs.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
I wish they'd quantified their plans for the uber uniques. That's good that they'll make them more obtainable but I wanna know just how many zeroes they're shaving off lol

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

sure okay posted:

Sometimes yes, but most times no.

If a dev has to go to a different stage off the Blizzard campus they typically get makeup. They usually only do this for new or smaller games that do press because Blizzard doesn't have a dedicated decorated room for them. They probably get makeup as part of the overall package included with renting the stage (and AV, and catering...)

D4 is the big game that does have a room, and so traditionally they don't bring in makeup. They just call the guys to the room and turn the camera on (because Blizzard is cheap).

Joe Shely looks fuckin rough lol. Remember that the original D4 design leadership got turbo canceled by the Cosby House stuff so he got surprise promoted pretty late from just being the class guy to take over the whole thing. There's a.... sharp uptick in long, arduous meetings in your life after that happens.

I was going to say if he doesn't have time to get to a beach and sleep more, they should at least spring for someone to give him a little makeup or a spray tan or something. I'm also pale as gently caress, so I can sympathize, but putting him on camera looking like that is just mean. Tbf the backlight might not be doing him any favors either.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

InventorOfTrees posted:

"Any plans to make super uniques more obtainable? Right now it's mathematically unlikely you'll ever obtain one."

Oh. Ok. Thanks.

dont understand the problem

Harriet Carker
Jun 2, 2009

"Well never make a patch like this where we remove the fun, but if we do, we'll make sure to notify you in advance"

This is almost a verbatim quote. I gotta clip that.

gay devil
Aug 20, 2009

SettingSun posted:

the only time i see people group up with randoms is to powerlevel or carry each other through content. which they don't like i guess

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
patiently waiting should be in d4 titles

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

glad this thread is being insanely normal talking about how the devs look etc. good poo poo lol

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."

Ehud posted:

Also a union or something that stipulates no talkie to the grognard fans on a Friday Jesus Christ

InventorOfTrees
Dec 13, 2013

He Dreams of Pancakes
And So Should You

Stux posted:

dont understand the problem

Well the exact question was more why are they wasting dev resources on items that may as well not exist, which is a pretty legitimate criticism.

Substandard
Oct 16, 2007

3rd street for life
They are doing another one of these next week at the same time to discuss 1.1 which will include sorc and barb buffs and an additional stash tab and be deployed shortly after next friday.

Honestly it was a good stream. Their acknowledging that Vulnerable is broke and not fun and needs to be dumped into the additive bucket was a good sign for me.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

InventorOfTrees posted:

Well the exact question was more why are they wasting dev resources on items that may as well not exist, which is a pretty legitimate criticism.

the way u guys think about games is so bizarre

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

the stream was unnecessary and it's just going to make mad people madder

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Stux posted:

:qq:

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Man, that was some good poo poo. Other than looking like they're at death's door they sure sound in tune with players' pain points and wish lists

Some good QoL stuff coming in today, in near term weeks, and some cool milestones planned for S2 and S3

I could've done without the 'fall on our swords' vibe they were going for at the start. Little uncomfortable? second hand cringe? You can just share your plans for Good Improvements and it implies the rest without chumming the waters

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

I'm pretty sure this stream created more questions than it answered.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Stux posted:

there are items in the game you will never, ever see and they just added more for the new season. seems fair to ask "what's the point?"

InventorOfTrees
Dec 13, 2013

He Dreams of Pancakes
And So Should You

Stux posted:

you are definitely the normal one here, yep

bio347
Oct 29, 2012
A lot of their answers seemed to lean toward doing things that D3 did. Which is good, D3 is good.

It does, however, continue to raise questions about what the hell went on during development because good lord.

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

Think I'll avoid these chats in the future and just play the game

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

imagining u going back to d2 and looking at the zod runewords and tyreals might and complaining that it was wasted dev time

InventorOfTrees
Dec 13, 2013

He Dreams of Pancakes
And So Should You

bio347 posted:

A lot of their answers seemed to lean toward doing things that D3 did. Which is good, D3 is good.

It does, however, continue to raise questions about what the hell went on during development because good lord.

Well they went through four game directors, one of which was the Mcree guy that got fired for major sexual harassment of team members over many years. So there's that.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

cams posted:

there are items in the game you will never, ever see and they just added more for the new season. seems fair to ask "what's the point?"

because if you ever do its cool. wtf are u talking about.

The Ol Spicy Keychain
Jan 17, 2013

i didn't catch the first hour or so of this stream so i missed what is actually coming in patch 1.1

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

cams posted:

it just feels like Diablo to me honestly

I’ve never seen a lot of poo poo in D2 and D3 as well

maybe my ARPG brain is too poisoned to see the problem

gay devil
Aug 20, 2009

i think they're right that people shouldn't base their builds from level 1 around the rare uniques then get mad for the next 200 hours of playtime when it does not drop. imo having a cool thing that is an extremely rare drop that you don't need but would be cool to get is very diablo

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

The Ol Spicy Keychain posted:

i didn't catch the first hour or so of this stream so i missed what is actually coming in patch 1.1

More nerfs to whatever class you are currently playing

InventorOfTrees
Dec 13, 2013

He Dreams of Pancakes
And So Should You

Stux posted:

imagining u going back to d2 and looking at the zod runewords and tyreals might and complaining that it was wasted dev time

You are several orders of magnitude more likely to see either of those than you are to ever see a D4 super unique.

You'll find 50 mirrors self-found in PoE before you find a Shaco in D4.

Stux posted:

because if you ever do its cool. wtf are u talking about.

winning the powerball is extremely cool too

faantastic
Dec 31, 2006

that dude.

InventorOfTrees posted:

Oh. Ok. Thanks.

I would be all for super uniques being incredibly rare like they are right now if they didn't make up like, 20% of the unique items that drop in WT4. Unique items would/should be ways to crack open some fun builds with a super rare drop, so maybe t hey pump us a bunch of new uniques for skills and just see what people create with them.

flashman
Dec 16, 2003

cams posted:

The point is the season of. The ubers or w.e where the drop rates become normal and everyone goes wild for the fomo of never getting them again

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

gay devil posted:

i think they're right that people shouldn't base their builds from level 1 around the rare uniques then get mad for the next 200 hours of playtime when it does not drop. imo having a cool thing that is an extremely rare drop that you don't need but would be cool to get is very diablo

Yeah I dunno why they couldn’t just respec if they eventually get it but :shrug:

The Ol Spicy Keychain
Jan 17, 2013

MarcusSA posted:

More nerfs to whatever class you are currently playing

bring it on the last round of nerfs made sorc more fun :twisted:

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

The Ol Spicy Keychain posted:

I think it was

- NM dungeon difficulty nerf

- more mob density in NM dungeons and helltides

- new stash tab

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Stux posted:

diablo 2 had trading, and the uber uniques seem to be about 20-60 times as rare (going off of hellmode baal droprates)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

InventorOfTrees posted:

You are several orders of magnitude more likely to see either of those than you are to ever see a D4 super unique.

You'll find 50 mirrors self-found in PoE before you find a Shaco in D4.

winning the powerball is extremely cool too

thats cool tho lol