Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Oh yeah seperately I saw this one:

Delicious pepsoy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

A little cross-country, gentlemen?

kazil posted:

Why can't I substitute mayo for heavy cream? Works in my coffee

Get your nose back in the playbook, Will

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

Looking at a recipe for jajyeongmeon requiring soybean paste, looking at my pantry then scooping spoonfuls of peanut butter in confusion

mds2
Apr 8, 2004

Australia: 131114
Canada: 18662773553
Germany: 08001810771
India: 8888817666
Japan: 810352869090
Russia: 0078202577577
UK: 08457909090
US: 1-800-273-8255
That's just a fun way to troll recipe websites.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

The Wild Man of YOLO posted:

Get your nose back in the playbook, Will

After I'm done with my coffee coach
https://i.imgur.com/r1A81cE.mp4

wash bucket
Feb 21, 2006

I saw a 0 star review on a recipe for Thai curry that said it tasted bland and also they left out the fish sauce because it sounded gross. The lady who ran the blog replied with a very, very long post.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

kazil posted:

After I'm done with my coffee coach
https://i.imgur.com/r1A81cE.mp4

Still better and more socially acceptable than using creamer

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.

Elysiume posted:

Hmm yeah can't imagine why someone who was directly told

would take things personally. Turns out people don't appreciate being called vapid and boring; what a shocker.

Should’ve tried not being vapid and boring

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

I don't think I like the barbie memes anymore

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

"All this, for me? 💃Ah, you didn't have to! 🥰"
The fact that SHE is the first openly bi person in Congress upsets me every time I'm reminded of it. :argh:

Elblanco
May 26, 2008
So many people think if 2 ingredients look similar they must taste similar, it's very disturbing.

ToxicFrog
Apr 26, 2008

wash bucket posted:

I saw a 0 star review on a recipe for Thai curry that said it tasted bland and also they left out the fish sauce because it sounded gross. The lady who ran the blog replied with a very, very long post.

Got a link? I want to read that reply.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Read After Burning posted:

The fact that SHE is the first openly bi person in Congress upsets me every time I'm reminded of it. :argh:

I thought it was Mitch McConnell, with his willingness to gently caress everyone.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 14 days!
:psyduck:
https://twitter.com/pearlythingz/status/1682223353883512832?t=O3iclKNlOsEYmgF8drkLJQ&s=19

SimonChris
Apr 24, 2008

The Baron's daughter is missing, and you are the man to find her. No problem. With your inexhaustible arsenal of hard-boiled similes, there is nothing you can't handle.
Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/SurtseyAna/status/1682330817794547717

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

This happened earlier this year, but I just learned about it, so now you can too:

A wrestler named Zelina Vega cosplayed as Juri (an...infamously barefoot character from Street Fighter) during a match, but wore shoes, so now a few weirdos online are up in arms legs about her "not being true to the character".

These people just really, really want to see feet.

I thought she looked cool!
https://twitter.com/ZelinaVegaWWE/status/1619866097406328832?lang=en

I just discovered this lady because she's been hanging around Adam22/the No Jumper podcast. Normally I'd say "That's a very weird crossover, there's no audience overlap at all", but NJ has recently had Richard Spencer and Nick Fuentes on as guests, so... :shrug:

(To be clear, Adam22 is a pedo scumbag. I just occasionally check in on NJ because it's a constant garbage fire of drama.)

Read After Burning has a new favorite as of 19:11 on Jul 21, 2023

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

She popped up on Tik Tok a few times for me and it's just sad.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
So "white girl channeling Mein Kampf while playing twee melodies on guitar / ukulele" is going to be a whole genre now, huh

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"

This happened earlier this year, but I just learned about it, so now you can too:

A wrestler named Zelina Vega cosplayed as Juri (an...infamously barefoot character from Street Fighter) during a match, but wore shoes, so now a few weirdos online are up in arms legs about her "not being true to the character".

These people just really, really want to see feet.

I thought she looked cool!
https://twitter.com/ZelinaVegaWWE/status/1619866097406328832?lang=en

She does. That's drat good cosplay, and the shoes totally fit the style.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 14 days!

steinrokkan posted:

So "white girl channeling Mein Kampf while playing twee melodies on guitar / ukulele" is going to be a whole genre now, huh

I couldn't think of a worse timeline to be in :shepicide:

Mokotow
Apr 16, 2012

steinrokkan posted:

Tradwife material

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

This is what Miranda Sings started

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

I just discovered this lady because she's been hanging around Adam22/the No Jumper podcast. Normally I'd say "That's a very weird crossover, there's no audience overlap at all", but NJ has recently had Richard Spencer and Nick Fuentes on as guests, so... :shrug:

(To be clear, Adam22 is a pedo scumbag. I just occasionally check in on NJ because it's a constant garbage fire of drama.)

A quick google later and I see a single article describing her as "the female Andrew Tate" so not out of character here.

edit also please don't listen to nazi/pedo podcasts

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

Baron von Eevl posted:

edit also please don't listen to nazi/pedo podcasts

Oh, no, no worries, I don't listen to the podcast itself. I just check Reddit, etc. for whatever their latest drama is. They're constantly firing co-hosts so there's always SOMETHING new when I'm bored at work.

Looking up poo poo on r/hobbydrama is a great way to kill time while on the clock. :cheers: It's how I learned the LA comedy scene is apparently full of assholes, creeps, and/or weirdos.

Read After Burning has a new favorite as of 20:49 on Jul 21, 2023

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

She does the rounds of all the manosphere/incel podcasts basically going "yeah totally you're so right about all that"

Mokotow
Apr 16, 2012

OwlFancier posted:

She does the rounds of all the manosphere/incel podcasts basically going "yeah totally you're so right about all that"

Oh word I had no idea. Seinfeld had her on his show, and considering the allegations about both if them, just lol. Wonder how he feels about promoting a Rogan-adjacent shitheel.

grittyreboot
Oct 2, 2012

She sings as well as Hitler painted

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

Mokotow posted:

Oh word I had no idea. Seinfeld had her on his show, and considering the allegations about both if them, just lol. Wonder how he feels about promoting a Rogan-adjacent shitheel.

To clarify a bit: Miranda Sings/Colleen Ballenger has allegations against her and is buddies with Seinfeld, but I don't believe she's went on any alt-right or adjacent podcasts...yet.

The Pearl lady is alt-right/manosphere immersed, but as far as I know, has no allegations against her.

Both made awful ukulele songs! The former was addressing the allegations (or, well, NOT addressing them), while this latter is some anti-Semetic poo poo.

Mokotow
Apr 16, 2012

Holy poo poo what is it with ukeleles

grittyreboot
Oct 2, 2012

Mokotow posted:

Just give em back to the Hawaiians. White people have shown that we can't be trusted with them.

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

Mokotow posted:

It's way easier to learn to an adequate skill level than guitar, and if these people weren't fundamentally lazy they wouldn't take the easy route to "fame" by catering to Nazis in the first place.

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

Yeah, my joke was just that Miranda opened the door to crazy people using ukeleles to advance their craziness

captainOrbital
Jan 23, 2003

Wrathchild!
💢🧒

grittyreboot posted:

Just give em back to the Hawaiians. White people have shown that we can't be trusted with them.

This is now two strikes against Bob's Burgers

mycatscrimes
Jan 2, 2020
There is nothing inherently wrong with ukeleles but because they are seen as quirky and unique, a certain kind of insufferable person is drawn to them.

It used to be even worse, circa like 2007-2012

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
To be fair to ukuleles the Hitler apologist is playing a guitar.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

The worst crime committed on ukulele was that Train song.

The Wicked ZOGA
Jan 27, 2022
Probation
Can't post for 31 hours!
I think I had a dream last night that I was Jewish

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

Tiny Tim is the only acceptable white ukulele player, and I'm pretty sure even he was a weirdo.

Baron von Eevl posted:

To be fair to ukuleles the Hitler apologist is playing a guitar.

:doh: Sorry, I automatically assume any acoustic guitar being played in a "sparse" manner is a uke.

Ambitious Spider
Feb 13, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
Even Eddie Vedder couldn't make a whole album of ukulele songs work

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PKMN Trainer Red
Oct 22, 2007

This is Vilray erasure.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F2muisI-Jjk