Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

I would watch a few episodes of the IT Clown

yes my monitor is on, I don’t have the skills to work in IT. The job or the clown. :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evilreaver
Feb 26, 2007

GEORGE IS GETTIN' AUGMENTED!
Dinosaur Gum

Snowy posted:

I would watch a few episodes of the IT Clown

yes my monitor is on, I don’t have the skills to work in IT. The job or the clown. :colbert:

It all floats down here on my machine

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007
They always have downtime for sewer maintenance.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Captain Monkey posted:

They always have downtime for sewer maintenance.

The internet is like a series of tubes

Marcade
Jun 11, 2006

Who are you to glizzy gobble El Vago's marshmussy?

Context: Colorado is currently playing the Astros (who had a pretty big cheating scandal a few years ago)

...! posted:

OK, why in the gently caress was Colorado allowed to challenge two calls simultaneously? The first call was confirmed so they should have been precluded from challenging the second call!

That's some straight up bullshit. They should have been forced to choose one of the calls to challenge and if that one was overturned, then and only then should they have been allowed to challenge the second call. They lost the first challenge so the second one shouldn't have happened. :mad:

The league needs to address poo poo like this.

Shinjobi posted:

Sounds like they cheated

Man that sucks, huh

DontMockMySmock
Aug 9, 2008

I got this title for the dumbest fucking possible take on sea shanties. Specifically, I derailed the meme thread because sailors in the 18th century weren't woke enough for me, and you shouldn't sing sea shanties. In fact, don't have any fun ever.

Marcade posted:

Context: Colorado is currently playing the Astros (who had a pretty big cheating scandal a few years ago)

This context is rather incomplete. What sport are we talking about?

Also I do not understand why it would be illegal to challenge two ref calls. Why would losing one challenge make the other challenge invalid?

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"

DontMockMySmock posted:

This context is rather incomplete. What sport are we talking about?

Also I do not understand why it would be illegal to challenge two ref calls. Why would losing one challenge make the other challenge invalid?

Baseball, challenges are limited—incorrect challenges are considered forfeited, challenges that are agreed with dont

Kavros
May 18, 2011

sleep sleep sleep
fly fly post post
sleep sleep sleep

rodbeard posted:

Admins should give me an obnoxiously long username

Bust Roddbeard

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.
Unfortunately ObnoxiouslyLongUsername is just over the limit. Good suggestion otherwise.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

CzarChasm posted:

Unfortunately ObnoxiouslyLongUsername is just over the limit. Good suggestion otherwise.

Try without 'unfortunately'.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Kavros posted:

Bust Roddbeard

lol

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

CzarChasm posted:

Mods?

Simply Simon
Nov 6, 2010

📡scanning🛰️ for good game 🎮design🦔🦔🦔

Kavros posted:

Bust Roddbeard

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Take 1 tablet by mouth daily.
A few? years ago in maybe? the IoSM thread? there was this super long and good post about how Autism is a spectrum in multiple ways. Does anyone know what i'm talking about?

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

PKMN Trainer Red posted:

What the gently caress did you just loving say about me, you little bitch? I'll have you know I can name literally every plant in my garden, and I've been involved in seasonal sales at various nurseries, and I have over 300 confirmed seedling-to-plant growths. I am trained in gorilla gardening and I'm the top plant-namer in the entire Horticultural Society. You are nothing to me but just another target. I will wipe you the gently caress out like kudzu creeps over open earth, mark my loving words. You think you can get away with saying that poo poo to me over the Internet? Think again, fucker. As we speak I am harvesting patches of skunk cabbage across the USA and your IP is being traced right now so you better prepare for the stink storm, maggot. The storm that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your life. You're loving dead, kid. I can garden anywhere, anytime, and I can till dirt in over seven hundred ways, and that's just with my bare hands. Not only am I extensively trained in watering and planting, but I have access to the entire arsenal of the United States Department of Agriculture and I will use it to its full extent to wipe your miserable rear end off the face of the continent, you little poo poo. If only you could have known what unholy retribution your little "clever" comment was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your loving tongue. But you couldn't, you didn't, and now you're paying the price, you goddamn idiot. I will poo poo fury all over you and you will drown in my premium-grade natural fertilizer. You're loving dead, kiddo.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

CzarChasm posted:

Obnoxiouslylonguserna

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
Gets sexually aroused by the sounds the thowmps make in super mario 64.

POWELL CURES KIDS posted:

the noises these guys made in super mario 64 were needlessly sexual

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

sebmojo posted:

Obnoxiouslylonguserna

The truncated version is superior :hai:

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

Literally A Person posted:

The truncated version is superior :hai:

Could go with LongObnoxiousUsername, but yeah I like the "Plan Ahead" aspect.

ToxicFrog
Apr 26, 2008

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A CODEX ONTO THE LECTERN. ITS SYSTEMA NATURAE AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I START DOING THE TAXONOMICAL CLASSIFICATION ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN AUTHOR, LINNAEUS. I NAME EVERY PLANT AND I NAME EVERY PLANT HARD. PRONOUNCIN LATIN WORDS WHEN I READ ABOUT SOME PLANTS OR EVEN WHEN I MESS UP THE BINOMIAL NAME. NOT MANY CAN SAY THEY NAMED MORE THAN HALF THE PLANT SPECIES IN THE WORLD. I CAN. I SAY IT AND I SAY IT OUTLOUD EVERYDAY TO PEOPLE IN MY GARDENING CLUB AND ALL THEY DO IS PROVE GARDENERS CAN STILL BE IMMATURE JEKRS. AND IVE LEARNED ALL THE TAXA AND IVE LEARNED HOW TO MAKE MYSELF AND MY BACKYARD MORE INTERESTING BY SHOUTING EM ALL. 2 HOURS INCLUDING WIND DOWN EVERY MORNINng

ToxicFrog has a new favorite as of 20:38 on Jul 22, 2023

aardwolf
Apr 27, 2013

Captain Invictus posted:

they've made manga of a ton of things. I remember seeing these in newbury comics next to Akira and such when I was a kid

testtubebaby posted:

I mean… do any of these really compare to the greatest story ever told?

Captain Hygiene posted:

Jesus Kawaiist

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat

ToxicFrog posted:

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A CODEX ONTO THE LECTERN. ITS SYSTEMA NATURAE AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I START DOING THE TAXONOMICAL CLASSIFICATION ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN AUTHOR, LINNAEUS. I NAME EVERY PLANT AND I NAME EVERY PLANT HARD. PRONOUNCIN LATIN WORDS WHEN I READ ABOUT SOME PLANTS OR EVEN WHEN I MESS UP THE BINOMIAL NAME. NOT MANY CAN SAY THEY NAMED MORE THAN HALF THE PLANT SPECIES IN THE WORLD. I CAN. I SAY IT AND I SAY IT OUTLOUD EVERYDAY TO PEOPLE IN MY GARDENING CLUB AND ALL THEY DO IS PROVE GARDENERS CAN STILL BE IMMATURE JEKRS. AND IVE LEARNED ALL THE TAXA AND IVE LEARNED HOW TO MAKE MYSELF AND MY BACKYARD MORE INTERESTING BY SHOUTING EM ALL. 2 HOURS INCLUDING WIND DOWN EVERY MORNING. THEN I WEEed.

Karate Bastard has a new favorite as of 21:50 on Jul 22, 2023

Solar Tornado
Aug 9, 2016

A true fool keeps on fighting, even when there is no more glory to be gained

EorayMel posted:

Gets sexually aroused by the sounds the thowmps make in super mario 64.

I now know what to write in the next "probate the user above you" thread

Elissimpark
May 20, 2010

Bring me the head of Auguste Escoffier.
Oh my god, it's JEKRS, not JERKS.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Solar Tornado posted:

I now know what to write in the next "probate the user above you" thread

I can give it to you now if you want, you don't have to wait.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

- quote from thwomp

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸
Manifestly untrue, thwomps are the pillow princesses of bowser's troops.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Splicer posted:

Manifestly untrue, thwomps are the pillow princesses of bowser's troops.

As in they’re literally just big pillows covered with spikes and an incredibly involved and opaque system of nobility. Every thwomp is mad at Mario for not referring to her correctly including all fifteen titles.

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
:gay:
The erasure of MORNINng used to tack on an unnecessary and unfunny THEN I LIFT ending is bad imo

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

90s Cringe Rock posted:

The erasure of MORNINng used to tack on an unnecessary and unfunny THEN I LIFT ending is bad imo

Deserves a ban for sure.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

Elissimpark posted:

Oh my god, it's JEKRS, not JERKS.

GOD I KNOW

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

Blackchamber posted:

Do humans eat sloths?

Bored posted:

I’d have to Google to find out if there are any people eating sloths. But even if we don’t, most animals don’t know that. (Anthony Bourdain taught me that there are still plenty of communities eating gross things nobody should eat.)

Although Zeriel is probably right and my interpretation of the sloth’s perspective is wrong. Photographer startled the sloth while it was taking its biweekly crap and it was all,”Could you not?”

Edit: Yes. There are a few South American tribes that eat sloth, though it’s not a staple food.

Kennel posted:

I guess they prefer fast food.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_-GaXa8tSBE

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎

Evilreaver posted:

I have the pillow, and know the blanket says BLANKET.

The pillow is not super great, like softish canvas :shrug:

mystes posted:

digital blankets just don't have the same warmth that you get from analog

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
:wooper: Mudkip Mod - A hilarious HL2:DM Mod :wooper:

DisgruntledPostMan posted:

Yesterday, I stumbled upon this mod for the source engine. It involves every well known good internet meme (oxymoron?) and finds a way to intertwine it with the gameplay. Custom maps, sounds, and skins make this a mod worth giving a try. Most of the time the Official Beta server is up full of the mod developers who are usually a blast to be around.

Click here to download it.
http://www.tj9991.com/filez/mudkipmod/Mudkip0.1B5.exe

Trust me, it's worth a few laughs. The file is only 27 MB. Its like a condom, once you use it the first time its great, but using it over and over is not so great.

VIDEO:
(There is a lot more to the mod than what is on the video.)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E11Fg43o1GE&eurl=http://forums.facepunchstudios.com/showthread.php?t=469628

MODDB:

http://www.moddb.com/mods/10189/mudkip

I DID NOT MAKE THIS!

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
That is, instantly, my least favorite analogy out of any I’ve ever heard.

SimonChris
Apr 24, 2008

The Baron's daughter is missing, and you are the man to find her. No problem. With your inexhaustible arsenal of hard-boiled similes, there is nothing you can't handle.
Grimey Drawer

JossiRossi posted:

DEAR HONORABLE SIR OR MADAM AND NO ONE ELSE THAT'S THE ONLY TWO GENDERS
-
I AM AN AFRICAN BILLIONAIRE EMERALD MINE OWNER BUT THE WOKE MOB IS STOPPING ME FROM REALIZING TRUE PROFIT POTENTIAL. IF YOU AUTHORIZE 8 AMERICAN DOLLARS A MONTH I WILL PROVIDE YOU WITH A PORTION OF THE MASSIVE PROFITS GENERATED BY THE HUNDREDS OF AUTOMATED STORE ADS AND PROMOTED CHUD POSTS. THIS IS REAL!! DO NOT IGNORE YOUR CHANCE TO MAKE THOUSANDS OF DOLLARS FOR YOUR STRONG AND ANTIWOKE POSTING!!

YOU MUST PAY ME QUICK TO STOP THE FALL OF CIVILIZATION AND BIRTH RATES
IF GIRL, WANT A HORSE?

--
ELEN MUSKL

ToxicFrog
Apr 26, 2008

90s Cringe Rock posted:

Goddratit, I thought the ending was "MORNINng" but I went to double check and all the versions I could find had the THEN I LIFT ending, so I figured I must have misremembered it.

DontMockMySmock
Aug 9, 2008

I got this title for the dumbest fucking possible take on sea shanties. Specifically, I derailed the meme thread because sailors in the 18th century weren't woke enough for me, and you shouldn't sing sea shanties. In fact, don't have any fun ever.

ToxicFrog posted:

Goddratit, I thought the ending was "MORNINng" but I went to double check and all the versions I could find had the THEN I LIFT ending, so I figured I must have misremembered it.

this is the original afaik, and ends in "MORNIng." I couldn't find any other instances prior to 2006. Idk when "THEN I LIFT" got added but i agree that it sucks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ToxicFrog
Apr 26, 2008

DontMockMySmock posted:

this is the original afaik, and ends in "MORNIng." I couldn't find any other instances prior to 2006. Idk when "THEN I LIFT" got added but i agree that it sucks

Oh thanks, I've seen the original quoted and remixed a lot but never in its natural habitat.