Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

Counterpoint-
https://youtu.be/bQu_YvENRdg

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SLOSifl
Aug 10, 2002

Baron von Eevl posted:

To be fair to ukuleles the Hitler apologist is playing a guitar.
Yeah.

Ukeleles are good only in the right hands. If someone has a ukelele sitting on their couch when you visit, red flag.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nhVfuacsLDw

This might count as an idiot if you count being in public in 1975 as social media:

Edit:

SLOSifl has a new favorite as of 21:54 on Jul 21, 2023

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Panfilo posted:

I mean isn't this the story of most immigrants at one point?

Oh cool, so there's huge swaths of America that are basically the equivalent of 19th century China, or famine ravaged Ireland or post war Europe.

grittyreboot
Oct 2, 2012

SLOSifl posted:

Yeah.

Ukeleles are good only in the right hands. If someone has a ukelele sitting on their couch when you visit, red flag.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nhVfuacsLDw

That's a mandolin

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

The Wicked ZOGA posted:

I think I had a dream last night that I was Jewish

Sorry, you have mentioned Those Who Must Not Be Named, so prepare to be kicked off youtube, according to that guitar lady

The Wicked ZOGA
Jan 27, 2022
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!
Power Word: Demonetize

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Modern ukulele usage is surely one of the worst things white people have done to Hawaii.

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

Bogus Adventure posted:

I actally own some of these because they were in Happy Meals I got as a kid, and they are one of the few toys that actually totally loving ruled.
The Lion King toys were slightly better than the ones Disney sold. Actual play figures of the character, with movable parts. My kids played with them for years. Disney didn't make that mistake again.

captainOrbital
Jan 23, 2003

Wrathchild!
💢🧒

The Wicked ZOGA posted:

Power Word: Demonetize

I would also like to nominate Kate M'Coochie as an acceptable ukulelist.

SLOSifl
Aug 10, 2002

grittyreboot posted:

That's a mandolin
God dammit.

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT A LAGRANGE POINT IS?

Captain Monkey posted:

Shut up '10 reg.

:regd07:

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

OwlFancier posted:

The worst crime committed on ukulele was that Train song.

:raise:

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006
I've always enjoyed this Ukulele cover by Jake Shimabukuro that has been on YouTube for ever now.

The Wicked ZOGA
Jan 27, 2022
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!

SLOSifl posted:

God dammit.

Tuned in fifths? Oh, you better believe that's a mandolin

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

grittyreboot posted:

Just give em back to the Hawaiians. White people have shown that we can't be trusted with them.

Ukuleles are from Portugal.

/e: what the hell that is clearly a jpg

grittyreboot
Oct 2, 2012

FFT posted:

Ukuleles are from Portugal.

Well they can fight the Hawaiians for it

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Arivia posted:

I’m now terrified to make lo mein later today because I’m just using fresh peas without the pods and I’m also adding ground pork

It worked!

Not enough sauce but that was the fault of the original recipe.

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

Arivia posted:

It worked!

Not enough sauce but that was the fault of the original recipe.

Was pepsi ok?

grittyreboot
Oct 2, 2012

Personally I'd substitute the mushrooms with gushers

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"

Arsenic Lupin posted:

The Lion King toys were slightly better than the ones Disney sold. Actual play figures of the character, with movable parts. My kids played with them for years. Disney didn't make that mistake again.

It was always pretty funny when they'd put out a good set of toys. Some were really lovely, but some (like the transformers) totally ruled.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

The Beast Machines Happy Meal toys are arguably more faithful to the show than some of the toys from the actual line.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hZxC-N_4-a4

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

:colbert:

dregan
Jan 16, 2005

I could transport you all into space if I wanted.

LED and led are both words, so...

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Lazy_Liberal
Sep 17, 2005

These stones are :sparkles: precious :sparkles:

Read After Burning posted:

Tiny Tim is the only acceptable white ukulele player, and I'm pretty sure even he was a weirdo.

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Dabir posted:

The Beast Machines Happy Meal toys are arguably more faithful to the show than some of the toys from the actual line.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hZxC-N_4-a4

Beast Machines didn't deserve faithfulness. >:|

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

not unfair tbh

I found the BM Optimus Primal toy in a shop a few weeks ago. Unboxed, no idea what it was, but it was this mad electric blue gorilla thing and I immediately wanted it with all my soul

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

"All this, for me? 💃Ah, you didn't have to! 🥰"

:stare: Does this mean Johnny Carson helped traffic a child? Good lord.

Imagine asking your grandparents "Where were you when Tiny Tim married a kid on live TV?"

Surely this would never happen these days...right? Don't look up Courtney Stodden :smith:

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Air Skwirl posted:

Oh cool, so there's huge swaths of America that are basically the equivalent of 19th century China, or famine ravaged Ireland or post war Europe.

Pretty much, yeah.

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007
https://twitter.com/edzitron/status/1682500987213471747?s=46&t=LuWlVigXSHv3TXi-WVRPYA

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Read After Burning posted:

:stare: Does this mean Johnny Carson helped traffic a child? Good lord.

Imagine asking your grandparents "Where were you when Tiny Tim married a kid on live TV?"

Surely this would never happen these days...right? Don't look up Courtney Stodden :smith:

I mean, there's so many instances of one particular party refusing to ban child marriage I've lost track and just settled on this one from February this year https://www.newsweek.com/wyoming-ending-child-marriage-sparks-republican-outrage-1780501

quote:

The Wyoming Republican Party is seeking to kill a bill working its way through the state Legislature proposing to raise the state's legal marriage age to 16, arguing that putting "arbitrary" limits on child marriage interferes with parental rights and religious liberty.

The bill—which already passed the Republican-controlled Wyoming House of Representatives on a 36-25 vote late last month—proposes banning state residents from marrying anyone under the age of 16, while requiring anyone under the age of 18 seeking to get married to receive written consent from their parents under the eye of a competent witness.

grittyreboot
Oct 2, 2012

https://twitter.com/RightWingCope/status/1682388878945124352?t=6zErWZWvqYEVUMIiqGWxow&s=19

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Which “other two”?

There are four variables in this “formula”.

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

lmao

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

I’ve seen the uncensored version of this and it was obviously AI generated because he has a weird alien dick

Also his fingers are kinda hosed up

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
So you're saying they only used AI for the rest of it?

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

RatHat posted:

I’ve seen the uncensored version of this and it was obviously AI generated because he has a weird alien dick

Also his fingers are kinda hosed up

Are we sure it's not his actual dick, just enlarged?

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

https://twitter.com/imnotpopbase/status/1682060771633577984

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

bold to put the really sus picks right on the top row

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Middle left is a horrible sex predator, bottom left is Blaire loving White, don't recognise any of the others

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

Dabir posted:

Middle left is a horrible sex predator, bottom left is Blaire loving White, don't recognise any of the others

not sure if serious