Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Stanley got big making vacuum bottles for soups and coffees. I use one to tote a liter of coffee to work every shift. They’re bomb as hell.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
Just realized there will be three toy movies out in a couple of weeks. Barbie, Transformers, and Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles.

Where’s my He-Man movie dammit

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
https://twitter.com/sferenchak/status/1682108917881647105

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Grittybeard posted:

I think this is probably it for a lot of people, and now kids who have never known any other world. I saw my local library had a campaign to get people to read 15 minutes/day and got sad when I thought about this being an issue. This was aimed at kids, but probably could be at adults too.

Hell that's been my entire life since I could read. I've always been reading some book. Often some dumb bullshit, I'm no scholar over here or anything, but something.

I've always had a book that I'm reading and even when I finish one late at night on Kindle I buy my next one before I sleep because I like having something to go into immediately. I think last time I checked my emails from amazon I had over 1000 days straight of using the kindle or kindle app to read something. It's replaced my doom scrolling habit now too. Finish at the gym, have 15 minutes before I need to drive to work - cool knock out a chapter or two.

Quiet Feet posted:

Fixed.

Also am I the only one who doesn't get the hype for either Barbie or Oppenheimer? Where was the demand for these in the past decade?

Part of me wonders if a bit of it is legacy media working hand in glove with their parent companies to shift focus away from the strike at the moment? But I can also see how movies based off the most iconic toy in history and one of the most popular film makers putting out a history drama draws attention. I also think that with Marvel dying a slow, painful death and Star Wars flat out sucking has kind of drained the hype culture of something to glom on to and this is just whats next.

I'll watch Sound of Freedom via... means... when I can, but its just because I've heard its actually a pretty tight and good movie in its own right and I don't care a lick about QAnon. It's kinda funny to me in a way that I just find things funny that the stuff around the movie - like it being bought by a studio and then shelved for years and the online premier press conference having server problems just adds to the tinfoil hat theories about the movie though. My gut feeling is it'll be like most dumb panics around movies - it'll probably just be a movie and I'll watch it and go "wait? That's what people were mad about?" after having seen it.

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Steeeeriiiiiiiiike twooooooo!

It not being the same company makes more sense, but it was funny imagining a coworker telling you a bright yellow tumbler with FAT MAX on the side was for women.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Quiet Feet posted:

You... don't? That's not what I was saying, but you did kinda stumble into the basic thrust of it. You have a movie about a toy and a movie about a dude. Neither of these has seemed to be something anyone has been clamoring for at any point that I can remember in the last ten (or more) years but suddenly they're both Big Deals that everyone wants to see and I don't get it. :shrug:

Sorry I was being a dick for no reason. Both movies seem to be very good so it kinda works out but you're totally right. There was nothing and no one who wanted these. But maybe that's what we need these days..no expectations (aka no capes).

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Shinji2015 posted:

I also used to read a lot, but I wonder if my decline in reading books has more to do with being online these days
I got one chapter into Ducks by Kate Beaton and it's a great story but all I want to do is refresh the forums.

It's a great book! It's amazing how her art skills have improved over the years from the "Hark A Vagrant" days. They are still just pen heavy linework and still have some looseness but it's a practiced looseness that has a depth to it.

but I wanna shitpost on the forums.

MEDICAL QUESTION TO THE MEDICAL TFFERS
I am getting sharp pains in my right hand at times. It's in the metatarsals sort of one inch down from where my first and second finger meet, or 1 inch down from my second finger. I can grip things just fine, but sometimes I do a practiced motion like cupping my hand to pick up my backpack or ... wiping my butthole after making GBS threads ... and there's a sudden pain. It goes away just as fast, and again I can grab things and hold things and type just fine but sometimes my hand gets in JUST THE RIGHT SPOT and I get a sharp pain that goes away just as fast.

Also I'm learning how to wipe with my left hand.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

CannonFodder posted:

I got one chapter into Ducks by Kate Beaton and it's a great story but all I want to do is refresh the forums.

It's a great book! It's amazing how her art skills have improved over the years from the "Hark A Vagrant" days. They are still just pen heavy linework and still have some looseness but it's a practiced looseness that has a depth to it.

but I wanna shitpost on the forums.

I am getting sharp pains in my right hand at times. It's in the metatarsals sort of one inch down from where my first and second finger meet, or 1 inch down from my second finger. I can grip things just fine, but sometimes I do a practiced motion like cupping my hand to pick up my backpack or ... wiping my butthole after making GBS threads ... and there's a sudden pain. It goes away just as fast, and again I can grab things and hold things and type just fine but sometimes my hand gets in JUST THE RIGHT SPOT and I get a sharp pain that goes away just as fast.

Also I'm learning how to wipe with my left hand.

I can’t help with that, sorry, but I can tell you that if you can, get a bidet. I won’t overhype it but it is definitely worth it, especially if wiping is causing issues.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

The funny thing is the Barbenheimer thing started because Barbie's campaign people did it first and only when it was clear they were beating us (universal) in tracking. We reluctantly took part but when it was a competition that didn't happen.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

CannonFodder posted:

I've got no help either but I suddenly had this same thing or something like it happen on my left hand. It's not bad, at least yet. I don't think it's carpal tunnel or anything. I haven't been typing a whole lot or doing repetitive tasks or whatever.

Just when I make some specific movement it lets me know something isn't right. I'm just assuming I picked up something heavy and my hand wasn't ready to deal with it and I didn't notice it/brushed it off at the time and strained something. We'll see if it gets better or worse. Not a big deal (and my wiping situation is fine thankfully), just funny we're having something of the same thing going on with weird hand problems.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Silly Burrito posted:

I can’t help with that, sorry, but I can tell you that if you can, get a bidet. I won’t overhype it but it is definitely worth it, especially if wiping is causing issues.
Ok, so my butthole is clean, but now wet. How do I make it not wet? BY WIPING???

no seriously I really want to know, because bidet use became a thing during the pandemic and the run on toilet paper and while it sounds good I just can't get over "well what happens after the cleaning?"

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

CannonFodder posted:

Ok, so my butthole is clean, but now wet. How do I make it not wet? BY WIPING???

no seriously I really want to know, because bidet use became a thing during the pandemic and the run on toilet paper and while it sounds good I just can't get over "well what happens after the cleaning?"

It’s more of a dabbing just to get it dry, but they do make models that shoot hot air at your butt to dry it. I’ve only got the $40 special at Amazon though. Still works!

Rectal Placenta
Feb 25, 2011

CannonFodder posted:

Then the robotic squeegee arm goes to work, duh

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

CannonFodder posted:

Just hold off on your daily perenium sunning until after, then air dry on your porch.

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs

CannonFodder posted:

This has actually been my question about the whole thing, I've been confused on it too.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Rectal Placenta posted:

Then the robotic squeegee arm goes to work, duh
I don't want to install another 100KW panel to handle my Japanese toilet.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GZRwI7m7gnw

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Manoueverable posted:

This has actually been my question about the whole thing, I've been confused on it too.

All jokes aside, you just take a much smaller amount of TP and dry off.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!
Late to ADHD chat (insert joke here) but here's when memes actually become a valuable public service.

If you scroll this and time after time go "holy poo poo, it's not just me", you're welcome

https://www.reddit.com/r/ADHDmemes/top/?t=all

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg
Oct 4, 2004

ha, ha, ha, og me ekam
Something good:

I did a community fair in my town that was put on by the local food pantry. Brought a fire truck and an ambulance to show the kids how things work. I spent a good 20 minutes talking to a 12 yo girl who asked a lot of "how do you feel when..." and "what would you do if ..." questions, followed by an 8 yo kid (I asked their ages because they were good questions) who was anxious then finally goes "Ok, can you tell me how the heart works? I've always been curious..."

I might actually have some hope for the future.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
Heeeeey island nation
Op, op, op, op
Oppenheimer style

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
Oh yeah, I know we talked about it a few weeks ago, but what battery ecosystem should I get into? I think my wife already has a few Ryobi tools, but not so many that we can't start a new. First purchase will probably be a hedge trimmer.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Not sure what their expanded universe looks like, but I got a Greenworks electric blower that kicks like a mule.

SundayMoney
Feb 21, 2006

The face of the new economy

swickles posted:

Oh yeah, I know we talked about it a few weeks ago, but what battery ecosystem should I get into? I think my wife already has a few Ryobi tools, but not so many that we can't start a new. First purchase will probably be a hedge trimmer.

Per this thread's advice when I bought my house 3 years ago. I bought the Ryobi kit that has a bunch of stuff and love them. I've added on throughout the years but will vouch Ryobi for sure.

Neil Armbong
Jan 16, 2004

If anybody wants to see, there's a Donkey Kong kill screen coming up.
Pillbug

swickles posted:

I’ve used Greenworks for a few years now and have no complaints. I’m using 60v pros and think the new pros are 80v.

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Unofficial Goon Disney travel agent since 2014!

Tens of Goons served!

Barbie was great but it’s really gonna piss off some real fragile people.

There was also a bit about being depressed that was pointedly specific to poo poo I’ve done and that hurt a bit. Ouch.

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

Hahaha that last ep of Shadows

MrLogan
Feb 4, 2004

Ask me about Derek Carr's stolen MVP awards, those dastardly refs, and, oh yeah, having the absolute worst fucking gimmick in The Football Funhouse.

Braksgirl posted:

There was also a bit about being depressed that was pointedly specific to poo poo I’ve done and that hurt a bit. Ouch.

Wish I had gone to see it.

Saw Oppenheimer and it's a mess of a film. It could easily have 45 minutes cut. It also had the worst directing I've ever seen in a major motion picture.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Braksgirl posted:

Ben Shapiro is trending on twitter guess why lol

MrLogan posted:

Wish I had gone to see it.

Saw Oppenheimer and it's a mess of a film. It could easily have 45 minutes cut. It also had the worst directing I've ever seen in a major motion picture.

93% on rotten tomatoes is a triumph for the worst directed motion picture lmao

Pontius Pilate
Jul 25, 2006

Crucify, Whale, Crucify

kiimo posted:

These refs have no shame

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

GD_American posted:

Late to ADHD chat (insert joke here) but here's when memes actually become a valuable public service.

If you scroll this and time after time go "holy poo poo, it's not just me", you're welcome

😬😬

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

GD_American posted:

Yay one thing I don’t have any signs of, just minor ‘tism and the OCD

MrLogan
Feb 4, 2004

Ask me about Derek Carr's stolen MVP awards, those dastardly refs, and, oh yeah, having the absolute worst fucking gimmick in The Football Funhouse.

kiimo posted:

Damnit, Daltos is right again.

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

The best apologies are crafted with love.
A lot of my attention and memory issues get pinned on my anxiety and I've given up on getting ADHD tested since my severe generalized anxiety disorder is always going to be blamed first. We'll see though.

Looks like I gotta argue with payroll about back pay but that can wait until next week.

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

The best apologies are crafted with love.
In the mean time I'll be yelling at this Turkish drama because eveyone at this point is being dumb. Don't give the poison to your unreliable ally in the harem, he's going to gently caress up your sultan murdering plans!

On the other hand, the evil eunich's got look of an evil eunich so a+++ casting. Also the evil concubine/sultan's step-mom looks like a playable character in an Assasins's Creed game and if she wasn't up against my fave I'd be more in to her. Basically watch both Magnificent Century's series if you like palace dramas, y'all.

Tulalip Tulips fucked around with this message at 05:31 on Jul 22, 2023

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
https://twitter.com/InvincibleHQ/status/1682557852014227456

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

I’m not making GBS threads on my Tisms, it’s giving me a huge advantage working in warehouses, I can instantly locate every pallet and it’s location, in my head visualize the spots pallets will squeeze into

Sorry that was response to ADD
Chat

a sexual elk fucked around with this message at 06:29 on Jul 22, 2023

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t

GD_American posted:

That thread made me suck air through my teeth. I am going to assume it is just like searching for any mundane medical symptom and having the google results be cancer.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Oppenheimer is, of course, way too long, but there's some really high highs along the road. Add that to some dynamite performances from the leads, and I'm willing to forgive it its excesses in runtime and in musical score.

This will sound like a backhanded compliment, but I feel like much like Michael Bay, Nolan has pretty much settled into making movies the way he makes movies. Neither is likely to show us many new tricks at this point in their respective careers, but they're both such masters of doing the things that they do, I still appreciate every opportunity to see them at work, especially in cases like this or Pain and Gain where they put those talents to somewhat unusual ends.

General Dog fucked around with this message at 07:06 on Jul 22, 2023

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

Pain of Mind posted:

That thread made me suck air through my teeth. I am going to assume it is just like searching for any mundane medical symptom and having the google results be cancer.

a sexual elk fucked around with this message at 07:14 on Jul 22, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
Good Morning