Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: harrygomm, Astryl)

gay devil
Aug 20, 2009

harrygomm posted:

Fixed an issue where the Subterranean Legendary aspect was dealing far less damage than intended.

huh i'd respecced to try this aspect, saw it seemed underwhelming, then respecced out. time to try it out again

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Swilo
Jun 2, 2004
ANIME SUCKS HARD
:dukedog:

molestrios posted:

What aspect on the 2H you running?

Whatever I run across, really. So far I've only bothered imprinting a single thing out of the codex (extra bone spear vulnerability) and it was more for the season journey than actual utility. I was using the minion attack speed aspect for a while simply because the weapon it was on was good, but that just got replaced by the decompose spawns more corpses aspect. Half my stuff isn't even legendary and I haven't upgraded or rerolled anything, that's how good Necro is right now.

Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Cybertron must act decisively to prevent and oppose acts of genocide and violations of international robot rights law and to bring perpetrators before the Decepticon Justice Division
Pillbug
lol the free cosmetics in the battle pass are offensively bad

Ryuujin
Sep 26, 2007
Dragon God
So the PC version does not have a confirm option when activating the Battlepass when using a Controller? That seems a little odd to me as it asked me to confirm when I went to activate mine on PS5.

Last King
Sep 29, 2007

In corporate R'lyeh, Cthulhu works you.

Fun Shoe

Lister posted:

The task to complete 10 tree of whispers is bugged in our favor. You dropping the box and picking it back up counts as a turn in. Jump on that one while you can since a hotfix tomorrow seems likely.

TOO MUCH FUN DETECTED.

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump

scytale
Dec 10, 2004
Lipstick Apathy
Is there something that gives you "favor" or whatever for the pass, besides the things listed in the season guide? I keep getting the popup at random points in dungeons, but it's not because I've completed any steps.

GokuGoesSSj69
Apr 15, 2017
Weak people spend 10 dollars to gift titles about world leaders they dislike. The strong spend 10 dollars to gift titles telling everyone to play Deus Ex again

scytale posted:

Is there something that gives you "favor" or whatever for the pass, besides the things listed in the season guide? I keep getting the popup at random points in dungeons, but it's not because I've completed any steps.

You can complete steps for levels you haven't reached yet, that's probably what you're talking about I had a ton of stuff pop up when I cleared a dungeon with a friend so I assume there's some multiplayer stuff in there for the later stages.

harrygomm
Oct 19, 2004

can u run n jump?

Martian Manfucker posted:

Also is it my imagination or is hamstring not working? I'm using lunging strike w/ the bleed upgrade and 2h sword technique and I'm not seeing any slows on anything I hit.

it more only slows healthy opponents per the last big patch, so it falls off super quickly. i haven’t tried since that patch so it might just be entirely bugged and not working at all, but it might just be that things drop below 80% quickly enough to not see it

scytale
Dec 10, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

GokuGoesSSj69 posted:

You can complete steps for levels you haven't reached yet, that's probably what you're talking about I had a ton of stuff pop up when I cleared a dungeon with a friend so I assume there's some multiplayer stuff in there for the later stages.

I don't think this is it, I just got a level from killing some random non elite mobs, no progress on any season stuff, no level gained, no paragon point, nothing I can tell happened

Tonetta
Jul 9, 2013

look mother look at ME MOTHER MOTHER I AM A HOMESTIXK NOW

**methodically removes and eats own clothes*
those hotfix changes should have just been shipped with the patch and people would have been way less mad about the damage changes

Zeg
Mar 31, 2013

Am not good at video games.

The new thread title is real good. Bone Wizard Macabre Gaaaaaang!

Zeg
Mar 31, 2013

Anyone else tried these two? Blood Wave should make like 9 orbs with the additional casts and I have the Corpse Tendril thing that has a 35% chance to generate per enemy given the bad touch. It's pretty fun, but it's no Bone Spear.

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

Tonetta posted:

those hotfix changes should have just been shipped with the patch and people would have been way less mad about the damage changes

you get a certain special kind of credit for fixing poo poo quickly than having it designed properly in the first place!

hotfix was a mea culpa, please stop review bombing us

In other news, Trickery heart for Rogue is really good. Mobs become as moths and my poison trap is the flame :devil:. Good CC and real easy to clean up stragglers.

Collapsing Farts
Jun 29, 2018

💀
This season is a bummer!

The Ol Spicy Keychain
Jan 17, 2013

I MEPHISTO MY OWN ASSHOLE
https://twitter.com/ThePitchStack/status/1682625807590588416

oooh

Vic
Nov 26, 2009

malae fidei cum XI_XXVI_MMIX

Collapsing Farts posted:

This season is a bummer!

A portmanteau of Blizzard Summer :haw:

kaxman
Jan 15, 2003
The gem for crits make AOE after a couple seconds is awesome. Everything explodes.

VOTE1
Aug 23, 2007

From looking at Diablo reddit forums it seems normal to know 2/3rds of the senior staff at blizard by name. It gives the same energy as the old blokes that know the name of every (usually teenage girls) working at the supermarket..

Also I’m going to restart as a necro based on how fun it sounds, will do Barb next season.

Zeg
Mar 31, 2013

VOTE1 posted:

Also I’m going to restart as a necro based on how fun it sounds, will do Barb next season.

:golfclap: Welcome, fellow Bone Wizard

harrygomm
Oct 19, 2004

can u run n jump?
because i love this thread so much i learned how to use GIMP enough to piece this together. please enjoy it.

as part of the season journey you have to collect and purify 10,000 seeds of hatred. some people, like my friend for whom i originally made this, don’t like pvp or haven’t engaged with the pvp areas at all. since i've farmed at least a couple million seeds at this point i offered to chart my route to make it easier. you can also use the seeds for a variety of cosmetics unlocks and to gamble for armor (but not weapons or jewelry)

tl;dr: flag for pvp, follow the black line and open chests near elite packs

to reduce the number of people you’re competing with for the baleful chests, from most impactful to least: play HC > play on console > play high WT early in season > play during non peak hours. on the character select screen toggle off Cross-Network Play (options > social). later in the season WT2 is best. all else fails, party up with pals who run interference, but remember that their abilities can hurt you. also seeds are a shared drop, so you can split them or take turns picking them or whatever. lastly, if you find yourself in a shard with too many other people, log out in Alzuuda and log back in. sometimes it will change your shard. you can check how many people are in your shard by going to the map > tab to social > page to Local Players. if you aren’t being outcompeted or killed before you can cleanse your seeds, just keep doing the loop and outlast the competitors, people don’t get backfilled into your shard often if at all

the best zone is the Field of Hatred in the Dry Steppes. the other PvP zone is smaller, has more annoying mob types, fewer chests, fewer elites, and fewer events. TP to Alzuuda.

open the emote wheel and choose Mark for Blood since it is required to open Baleful Chests. it allows you to attack or be attacked at any time outside of town, even by/to un-bloodmarked players. HC players do suffer a permanent death in pvp too so keep a cheat death potion active and a scroll of escape bound on the emote wheel and hotkeyed.

the goal is to do one lap and get at least 10K seeds of hatred to unlock all three season journey objectives at the same time. a typical uninterrupted lap should net 15-20K seeds. if you die, whether to mob or player, you drop all your seeds. you can recover them if nobody else beats you there to pick them up. if you are getting harassed or want to clear your inventory, you can ride or TP back to Alzuuda even though when you hover over the TP icon it says you will lose your seeds. you do not. however if you teleport anywhere else (including the other PvP city), use a scroll of escape, or log out/crash, you will lose all your seeds

you will primarily be getting seeds from Baleful chests which look like a black square chest with a gable roof. they have a red sparking effect like you get for being bloodmarked. they each drop around 1K seeds. elite mobs also drop around 200 seeds. all other mobs have a small chance to drop around 35 seeds. WT does not seem to effect the quantity of seed drops in any way (maybe there are more elites in WT4?)

there is also a Seething Abomination that wanders counterclockwise around the center. it is the same as a Khazra Abomination boss from the end of a dungeon. it drops around 5K seeds and respawns roughly every 15 minutes, more frequently if there are more people in the Fields of Hatred. it can despawn, though i haven't figured out the pattern, so it's best kill it quick and go back to the route. if it is up, the boss skull will show on the map once you are in town, as can be seen in the east in the image

all of that out of the way, here is the map

if you just want the minimum for the season journey, kill the abom and just look for the chests that look like they have hats, since those have elite packs on top of them to double dip

optimizing the route isn't hard, once you learn where the chests are you can see if they've spawned from pretty far away.

i haven't marked every single elite pack since the route runs directly through a fair number of them. whenever you see a pack it's worth it to kill then for the extra seeds. it seems like there are subzones in which 0-3 elite packs can exist at a time. the blue triangles represent packs of mobs that sometimes spawn with elites and sometimes don't. kill these packs every lap to encourage elite packs to spawn for the next lap. if you don't see any elite packs, they could have spawned in packs not on the route. you can venture off and find them or log out to change shards.

all the events are normally worth doing as they are wave based events. the mastery chests also drop around 1K seeds and the mobs are normally good for another 500. the spiders in the NE of the map are also particularly good for dropping seeds since one host has 5x chances per kill

once you have as many seeds as you want, go to one of the purifying shrines, start the event by clicking on it, and survive for a minute against 3-4 waves of low damage mobs. if they happen to drop seeds, as long as you pick them up before the event ends, they'll be added to your total

if you have a well optimized setup you can start to do laps more quickly than the chests, elites, and abom can respawn. in this case, teleport to the other PvP town and do a lap or two there. i don't have a guide for that one, but stick to the edges of the map and kill elites/aboms and you can get about 10K shards.

i know the chart is a little busy and pretty crude but i tried to make it at-a-glance readable from a second monitor or whatever as well as colorblind/astigmatism friendly with the shapes and outlining. please let me know if something doesn't look right

please enjoy diablo 4.

harrygomm fucked around with this message at 19:56 on Jul 22, 2023

harrygomm
Oct 19, 2004

can u run n jump?
i’ve really been wanting to get that out of the way. i know effort posts and guides aren’t really the spped of this thread, but it’s still a good place to go to chill and kill a decent density of mobs. xp is less good now post patch but there are treasure goblins, yellows in almost every chests, and plenty of legendary/unique drops too. i like to test clear speed of new gear/builds/classes while padding my seed count. it’s fun.

VOTE1
Aug 23, 2007

Zeg posted:

I’m doing the world boss as a level one for kicks. Over/under for deaths?

Zeg
Mar 31, 2013

VOTE1 posted:

I’m doing the world boss as a level one for kicks. Over/under for deaths?

I don't know how to sportsball bet :smith:

But if you aren't dying every few seconds, can you say you've truly embraced necromancy? Can't have necromancer without a little romance. Death will appreciate it.

VOTE1
Aug 23, 2007

Zeg posted:

I don't know how to sportsball bet :smith:

But if you aren't dying every few seconds, can you say you've truly embraced necromancy? Can't have necromancer without a little romance. Death will appreciate it.

I lost count at 17. Portaled out at 5 mins left with over half the health bar left... still got level 2 somehow.

Zeg
Mar 31, 2013

VOTE1 posted:

I lost count at 17. Portaled out at 5 mins left with over half the health bar left... still got level 2 somehow.

Ayy, good job on level 2!

Collapsing Farts
Jun 29, 2018

💀
its night and day comparing this rogue I just made to my druid. Rogue with twisting blades is just blitzing everything. You deal so much damage and everything is so fast (which is fun)

Zeg
Mar 31, 2013

Collapsing Farts posted:

its night and day comparing this rogue I just made to my druid. Rogue with twisting blades is just blitzing everything. You deal so much damage and everything is so fast (which is fun)

I hope you are less bummed out with this change of pace :buddy:

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

BrianBoitano posted:

Here's my list, with obviously bad ones removed. Bold are what I'm aiming for, since I'm not WT3 yet:

Red (Offensive)
* Cluster Munitions - lucky stun
Blue (Defensive)
* WT3 Revenge - DR, AOE burst
* WT3 Prudent Heart - Get chunked, become immune
* Trickery - Subterfuge creates taunting decoy
Devious (Purple)
* Clipshot - CC on lucky hit (GEAR SWAP FOR BOSSES) nvm too many other nice things
Wrathful (Any slot)
* Creeping Death (DOT increased)
WT3 Barber (Crits make AOE after 2 sec)
WT4 Vile Apothecary (apply all imbuements!)
* Malignant Pact (Cycle through AS, mana regen, barrier)

My first craft got me the Creeping Death and it seems very strong with poison trap and the gimme codex Pestilent Points, if you run puncturee

I think I'm only level 30 something but imo Cluster Munitions suck at lower Lucky Hit levels (like during leveling).

Trickery is good, you forgot to mention the decoy explodes. It's pretty good at drawing aggro too and clustering them up too.

The lightning one also seems to suck, very low impact.

Ulvino
Mar 20, 2009

Zeg posted:

My wheel roll told me Necro but I wanted to Trample around so I got my Druid to 30 and it's ok I guess.

I think I'll roll a bone dude just to check if it's half as fun as you all make it sound.

I better start thinking bone related names until the kid takes a nap.

Vic
Nov 26, 2009

malae fidei cum XI_XXVI_MMIX

Collapsing Farts posted:

You deal so much damage and everything is so fast (which is fun)

That doesn't sound right. Another patch is in order to even things out.

Zeg
Mar 31, 2013

Ulvino posted:

My wheel roll told me Necro but I wanted to Trample around so I got my Druid to 30 and it's ok I guess.

I think I'll roll a bone dude just to check if it's half as fun as you all make it sound.

I better start thinking bone related names until the kid takes a nap.

:getin: I'm having a good time with it. I was tempted to name mine Boneraiser but decided against it for whatever reason.

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

This game is buggy as gently caress. Blank challenges displayed, game thought I was in town while riding the horse all over the map (couldn't boost), that quest with the "missing label" option that crashes the game, etc. Too many typos to count.

Pff
Aug 17, 2012

In my experience it also seems like you can outlast the people in your shard. You just run around and eventually everyone quits and you don't get any new players.

flashman
Dec 16, 2003

Was the hotfix yesterday for monster density too or just the reduced difficulty

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

harrygomm posted:

because i love this thread so much i learned how to use GIMP enough to piece this together. please enjoy it.

as part of the season journey you have to collect and purify 10,000 seeds of hatred. some people, like my friend for whom i originally made this, don’t like pvp or haven’t engaged with the pvp areas at all. since i've farmed at least a couple million seeds at this point i offered to chart my route to make it easier. you can also use the seeds for a variety of cosmetics unlocks and to gamble for armor (but not weapons or jewelry)

tl;dr: flag for pvp, follow the black line and open chests near elite packs

to reduce the number of people you’re competing with for the baleful chests, from most impactful to least: play HC > play on console > play high WT early in season > play during non peak hours. on the character select screen toggle off Cross-Network Play (options > social). later in the season WT2 is best. all else fails, party up with pals who run interference, but remember that their abilities can hurt you. lastly, if you find yourself in a shard with too many other people, log out in Alzuuda and log back in. sometimes it will change your shard. you can check how many people are in your shard by going to the map > tab to social > page to Local Players

the best zone is the Field of Hatred in the Dry Steppes. the other PvP zone is smaller, has more annoying mob types, fewer chests, fewer elites, and fewer events. TP to Alzuuda.

open the emote wheel and choose Mark for Blood. it will activate after a couple seconds. it allows anyone to attack you outside of town, but is required to open Baleful chests. the goal is to do one lap and get at least 10K seeds of hatred to unlock all three season journey objectives at the same time. a typical uninterrupted lap should net 15-20K seeds. if you die, whether to mob or player, you drop all your seeds. you can recover them if nobody else beats you there to pick them up. if you are getting harassed or want to clear your inventory, you can ride or TP back to Alzuuda even though when you hover over the TP icon it says you will lose your seeds. you do not. however if you teleport anywhere else (including the other PvP city), use a scroll of escape, or log out/crash, you will lose all your seeds

you will primarily be getting seeds from Baleful chests which look like a black square chest with a gable roof. they have a red sparking effect like you get for being bloodmarked. they each drop around 1K seeds. elite mobs also drop around 200 seeds. all other mobs have a small chance to drop around 35 seeds. WT does not seem to effect the quantity of seed drops in any way (maybe there are more elites in WT4?)

there is also a Seething Abomination that wanders counterclockwise around the center. it is the same as a Khazra Abomination boss from the end of a dungeon. it drops around 5K seeds and respawns roughly every 15 minutes, more frequently if there are more people in the Fields of Hatred. it can despawn, though i haven't figured out the pattern, so it's best kill it quick and go back to the route. if it is up, the boss skull will show on the map once you are in town, as can be seen in the east in the image

all of that out of the way, here is the map

if you just want the minimum for the season journey, kill the abom and just look for the chests that look like they have hats, since those have elite packs on top of them to double dip

optimizing the route isn't hard, once you learn where the chests are you can see if they've spawned from pretty far away.

i haven't marked every single elite pack since the route runs directly through a fair number of them. whenever you see a pack it's worth it to kill then for the extra seeds. it seems like there are subzones in which 0-3 elite packs can exist at a time. the blue triangles represent packs of mobs that sometimes spawn with elites and sometimes don't. kill these packs every lap to encourage elite packs to spawn for the next lap. if you don't see any elite packs, they could have spawned in packs not on the route. you can venture off and find them or log out to change shards.

all the events are normally worth doing as they are wave based events. the mastery chests also drop around 1K seeds and the mobs are normally good for another 500. the spiders in the NE of the map are also particularly good for dropping seeds since one host has 5x chances per kill

once you have as many seeds as you want, go to one of the purifying shrines, start the event by clicking on it, and survive for a minute against 3-4 waves of low damage mobs. if they happen to drop seeds, as long as you pick them up before the event ends, they'll be added to your total

if you have a well optimized setup you can start to do laps more quickly than the chests, elites, and abom can respawn. in this case, teleport to the other PvP town and do a lap or two there. i don't have a guide for that one, but stick to the edges of the map and kill elites/aboms and you can get about 10K shards.

i know the chart is a little busy and pretty crude but i tried to make it at-a-glance readable from a second monitor or whatever as well as colorblind/astigmatism friendly with the shapes and outlining. please let me know if something doesn't look right

please enjoy diablo 4.

Sir, I already have a job, sir.

Bruxism
Apr 29, 2009

Absolutely not anxious about anything.

Bleak Gremlin
I'm waiting to start a new character for the new season until I've unlocked WT3 and found all the Lillith Statues (15 left!). Once you all have WT3 unlocked do you start your new character right at WT3 or start them out at WT2 and then switch over?

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Bruxism posted:

I'm waiting to start a new character for the new season until I've unlocked WT3 and found all the Lillith Statues (15 left!). Once you all have WT3 unlocked do you start your new character right at WT3 or start them out at WT2 and then switch over?

You still have to unlock WT3 on the seasonal char.

Bruxism
Apr 29, 2009

Absolutely not anxious about anything.

Bleak Gremlin

Ehud posted:

You still have to unlock WT3 on the seasonal char.

:ohdear:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lagidnam
Nov 8, 2010
Carbot still good:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A4BeAQ3ue90