Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dirby
Sep 21, 2004

Helping goons with math

dirby posted:

Basically, what if you specified the list of inputs like a TAS, but not the timing so you had to deal with all RNG with the same inputs?

Croccers posted:

I can't wait for someone on Twitch to actually grind that whole thing out in Real Time.
A Pokemon "blind and deaf" TAS was verified on real hardware. This video is not the run, but shows all the hard work and struggles:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fMseY5_YeRs

dirby fucked around with this message at 13:07 on Jul 7, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

RPG Limit Break starts today

https://tracker.rpglimitbreak.com/runs/rpglb2023

Musical_Daredevil
Dec 23, 2008

Need some backup NOW!

I'll be running Morrowind All Main Quests for this Wednesday at 8pm Eastern.

I decided not to apply for hosting since I'm way too busy with other things this week. I'm not sure if they allowed remote hosts this time anyway.

Bremen
Jul 20, 2006

Our God..... is an awesome God

I mean, I'm pretty sure I'll be able to find it on Twitch, but it would be kind of handy if anywhere on their website was a link to the actual event.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Bremen posted:

I mean, I'm pretty sure I'll be able to find it on Twitch, but it would be kind of handy if anywhere on their website was a link to the actual event.

it's embedded on the front page of the site? https://rpglimitbreak.com/

MagusofStars
Mar 31, 2012

flatluigi posted:

it's embedded on the front page of the site? https://rpglimitbreak.com/
Yeah, but if you go to the tracker site link posted by Solarin, there's actually not a direct link back to the main site. Clicking "home" from that page only brings you back to the tracker home, not the main RPGLB front page with the embedded stream.

Not a major issue of course since you can just jump to Twitch or just use Google to land on the main RPGLB site, but an odd quirk nonetheless.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Musical_Daredevil posted:

I decided not to apply for hosting since I'm way too busy with other things this week. I'm not sure if they allowed remote hosts this time anyway.

They did! I'm hosting tonight for Mario and Luigi: Paper Jam. Looking forward to Morrowind!

KennyMan666
May 27, 2010

The Saga

Would have watched Paper Jam if it wasn't in the middle of the night for me. SMRPG I might watch the first hour or so of, but it also runs into way too late for me.

Sad since those are really the only two things on the schedule I'm interested in, since RPG runs generally aren't my thing.

Boogalo
Jul 8, 2012

Meep Meep

Half Minute Hero 2 is worth a watch 1: to see if you can follow the game and 2: to see if you can follow the commentary. It is the perfect Dowolf run. You tell when things are going bad because he stops to to concentrate and
the host can finally read donations.

Musical_Daredevil
Dec 23, 2008

Need some backup NOW!

Cartridgeblowers posted:

They did! I'm hosting tonight for Mario and Luigi: Paper Jam. Looking forward to Morrowind!

Nice! Good luck hosting. Looks like I'll be getting home just in time to catch some of it.

Hungry Squirrel
Jun 30, 2008

You gonna eat that?
This FF X-2 karaoke is choice.

dirby
Sep 21, 2004

Helping goons with math

dirby posted:

Basically, what if you specified the list of inputs like a TAS, but not the timing so you had to deal with all RNG with the same inputs?

Pokemon Crystal has now been done Blind and Deaf as well, with level grinding kept to a minimum:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bYuAz-xhbsQ

A Real Horse
Oct 26, 2013

If you are able to watch the Ultima First Age of Darkness speedrun on RPGLB right now, you should. Organmike is running with their daughter Charlotte as copilot and it is absolutely adorable.

Kestral
Nov 24, 2000

Forum Veteran

A Real Horse posted:

If you are able to watch the Ultima First Age of Darkness speedrun on RPGLB right now, you should. Organmike is running with their daughter Charlotte as copilot and it is absolutely adorable.

"Fwighter!" oh my god this is adorable.

Edit: "Nine more! I have enough fingers."

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

A Real Horse posted:

His Bard's Tale run was also good, though his copilot was asleep since it was past her bedtime.

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

Plaguing your posts with incidental music.

A Real Horse posted:

ooo, I napped through that but i watched the vod of the bards tale run and they're great, having the kiddo along for this one will super hit me in the nostalgia gut :3:

mystery at hog island
Aug 16, 2003
Captain of Outer Space
Both of those runs were awesome. Other than Might & Magic, I don't have the patience for any of those old PC RPGs so watching them get systematically dismantled like that was very fun.

Musical_Daredevil
Dec 23, 2008

Need some backup NOW!
Ugh... in my 4 years of running Morrowind in speedrun marathons, that was by far my worst showing. I have never had a time that slow since I finished learning the run.
I'm still not sure what was going on with the game. Everything was fine during my practice runs and tech check, but as soon as I left the starting area the game started lagging hard. My FPS was periodically dropping to a crawl and all the loads took much longer than normal. For a run as movement-heavy as Morrowind AMQ, which relies on some blind navigation during loads, that was absolutely catastrophic.

Oh well, gonna throw that run in the trash where it belongs and get ready to show Daggerfall on Hotifx next Tuesday.

Ravus
Jan 15, 2009

Boy do I love FF9 runs far more than could possibly be healthy, what an incredible 8 hours (so far) it's been.

Kestral
Nov 24, 2000

Forum Veteran
This Pokemon Alpha Sapphire vs Omega Ruby race is great if you like pokemon runs, perhaps unsurprisingly since Corvimae is in it and her runs are consistently haunted and funny. Also, Pokemon runners saying "PP up" will never stop being funny.

BoldFace
Feb 28, 2011
ESA Summer has kicked off.

https://www.twitch.tv/esamarathon
https://esamarathon.com/schedule/

FishMcCool
Apr 9, 2021

lolcats are still funny
Fallen Rib

On Monday there's a Duolingo speedrun. I have seen a lot of alternative stuff but that's the first time I see that one.

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

Too bad there's no Geoguessr this time, it's always impressive to see real superstars play and within 5 seconds go "Right this is a suburb in Lagos, Nigeria"

Also there's a Final Fantasy XIV run with an estimate of 23 hours.

Kestral
Nov 24, 2000

Forum Veteran
If you thought the BotW blindfolded run was impressive, I beg of you, check out RPG Limit Break's Kingdom Hearts 3 Blindfolded Yozora (Level 1 APC) showcase - actually, check out the entire showcase before that, because it gives context to just how utterly insane this is. Very possibly the most amazing thing I've ever seen at a marathon. This might only be fully appreciable if you've played some of the harder Kingdom Hearts II or III boss modes, but even without that, you can get a sense for how ridiculously hard it is to do sighted, let alone blindfolded.

FishMcCool
Apr 9, 2021

lolcats are still funny
Fallen Rib
Catch the vod of Megaman 3 if you always wanted to see a demonstration of the technique known as teeth mashing. And yes, that's exactly what you think it is.

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

FishMcCool posted:

Catch the vod of Megaman 3 if you always wanted to see a demonstration of the technique known as teeth mashing. And yes, that's exactly what you think it is.

I don't think I've seen anyone else than prisii do it (there might be others) but he's kept at it for years now, I remember first seeing it at some age old GDQ and hey, it works for him!

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

This ESA Duolingo thing is already great, he had Finnish to start with and now moved onto Navajo

Also since we're in Europe, the prize segment reflects it

FishMcCool
Apr 9, 2021

lolcats are still funny
Fallen Rib
PSA: ESA has a Meegah Mem 2 run going in an hour or so. If you have never seen it, it's... something...

KennyMan666
May 27, 2010

The Saga

So after almost a year since Kazuya took the Mario Kart 64 150cc All Cups WR and held on to it, Abney has reclaimed it with the first ever sub-23 minute run.

Summoning Salt did a whole video on it about a month ago, which is worth the watch.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iqlUbLasZ-M

Bremen
Jul 20, 2006

Our God..... is an awesome God

KennyMan666 posted:

So after almost a year since Kazuya took the Mario Kart 64 150cc All Cups WR and held on to it, Abney has reclaimed it with the first ever sub-23 minute run.

Summoning Salt did a whole video on it about a month ago, which is worth the watch.

It should be the goal of all speedrunners to make Summon Salt videos obsolete as soon as possible.

Mid-Life Crisis
Jun 13, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

KennyMan666 posted:

Haha, first time he names someone and he goes and sets things straight

KORNOLOGY
Aug 9, 2006
Can anyone send a discord and available users for donations? I'm trying to convince my local humane society for exposure through donations.

KORNOLOGY
Aug 9, 2006
My local H.S. is filled with well meaning olds who are afraid of getting audited, nvm :(

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

what

KORNOLOGY
Aug 9, 2006
I stopped caring no one mention the pets.

Kchama
Jul 25, 2007

KORNOLOGY posted:

I stopped caring no one mention the pets.

You seem to be in the wrong thread.

KORNOLOGY
Aug 9, 2006
No, no more being mean. Best of my British Aerial friends.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
i think people would be fine with helping you and not mean if you were coherent

Attack on Princess
Dec 15, 2008

To yolo rolls! The cause and solution to all problems!
Are they speaking in code or is it just going over my head?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

my first instinct was chatbot