Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Seymour Buttz
Apr 26, 2006

Dog controls your destiny.

Wow that story does make zero sense I can’t believe it exists. I got the same J.R. line about how we’ll never know what just happened or why, and I figured I had like failed the story by losing or something, but that’s just how it goes?

I took Eddie to dinner and Thunder Rosa got pissed. Literally the only time I’ve seen Thunder Rosa in the game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

Seymour Buttz posted:

Wow that story does make zero sense I can’t believe it exists. I got the same J.R. line about how we’ll never know what just happened or why, and I figured I had like failed the story by losing or something, but that’s just how it goes?

I took Eddie to dinner and Thunder Rosa got pissed. Literally the only time I’ve seen Thunder Rosa in the game.

I jabroni'd Thunder Rosa big style

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

We're fucking built for this shit!

History Comes Inside! posted:

Mine was hanging out with Starks and then Statlander kept showing up and kicking my rear end for it until he turned on me

I wonder how it picks the other wrestlers to use

I had the Statlander experience, but instead of Starks it was CM Punk.

Punk picked me (Lance Archer) for his debut Rampage match, I basically squashed his rear end. A couple storybeats later Punk turns back up and we start hanging out and making a tag team run. Statlander starts ambushing me. I get a 1 on 1 match against her and win, post match beat down from Punk and then a handicap match against Punk and Stat.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

The main unrealistic part for me was Sting backstabbing me instead of vice versa.

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

Anyone able to do the Tall Paul challenge without getting a countout?

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

RandolphCarter posted:

Anyone able to do the Tall Paul challenge without getting a countout?

Paid for the infinite special and squashed him with 10 dominators

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

Big Coffin Hunter posted:

Paid for the infinite special and squashed him with 10 dominators

Might have to do that, I’ve managed to be undefeated with Statlander this run and I want to make it to the end.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Wish there were more backdrop driver variants in the game.

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

STONE COLD 64 posted:

Wish there were more backdrop driver variants in the game.

yah my riki chosu caw suffers

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

Went 29-0 in rte with Statlander :coal: Bummed that there’s no reward for going undefeated though.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
In Wrestling Empire is there a way to stop controlling a character during match? I can switch the guy with triggers, but how can I make it 100% AI? I can start match that way, but it activates controls if I access menu.

Bonk
Aug 4, 2002

Douche Baggins

Jubs posted:

When Steam Workshop gets support. Someone posts a clip on TikTok of all the things you can do. It goes viral. Incredibly impressionable kids (which there are a lot of on social media) buy the game. Who's getting the money from that sold game? It's the people who were too cheap to only include 5 face models for their CAW.

It's been out 2 weeks and people are already having to resort to mods to stay interested or fix basic things that the developer didn't want to do.

Because almost all of those games don't need mods to feel complete. This one does.
Ah OK cool, you're mad at your own multiple-step hypothetical scenario.

And your shining example is native support for Sony controllers, which tons of games don't have.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

Empire is a very special game

https://clips.twitch.tv/NeighborlyZanyBeaverMikeHogu-f4VEt7CZ2hbMsXtq

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Holy poo poo I've been waiting for them to come back to Wrestling Empire :sickos:

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

https://twitch.tv/newlegacyinc

If you aren't watching the SON OF POIPOL stream right now you're missing something absolutely insane.

https://clips.twitch.tv/SnappyVivaciousCocoaOhMyDog-ifacFuc-5rTedqqz

Jiro fucked around with this message at 07:55 on Jul 13, 2023

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.
There was a moment when Johnny snitched on the union because it was funny and the chat turned on him. Good to see how much pro union stuff exists in random Internet places.

He also committed two murders but was only suspended after the second, with pay.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
Apparently this game has rules for mental breakdowns as well as injuries

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

I never ended up watching this because I ran to start the VOD from the start when I saw they were streaming this, holy loving poo poo this had me dying of laughter.

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

explosivo posted:

I never ended up watching this because I ran to start the VOD from the start when I saw they were streaming this, holy loving poo poo this had me dying of laughter.

They’re usually really good about uploading to YouTube the same week. I caught one of the middle hours and loved it.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

I got the tall paul unlock match during an undefeated elite difficulty run with penta so all that poo poo about having to lose to unlock the story segment is wrong

It seems to be totally rng which blocks unlock other than if you win or lose the opening match of the campaign

I knocked him outside and then stunlocked him against the ring steps until a count of 9 then slid back into the ring, ez :miedo:

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

https://gencon.blog/2023/07/14/vs-system-2pcg-all-elite-wrestling-enters-the-collectible-card-game-arena

In analog Wrestling Game news....

Cult of Pies
Oct 2, 2021
Latest Poipl Jr stream from nL is fantastic.

Poipl Sr offering to tag with his son only to reveal he's dead and this is a dream. What an amazing game.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Cult of Pies posted:

Poipl Sr offering to tag with his son only to reveal he's dead and this is a dream. What an amazing game.

We also find out Poipl's shoot name.

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

Cult of Pies posted:

The entire run from the suggestion to the payoff was amazing.

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.
I threw on 2K yesterday to play as Zeus and holy poo poo does this game ever suck after playing Fight Forever. The controls suck and it’s so loving slow. Every match is 10 minutes and you have to hit your finisher multiple times to get a pin. Fight Forever has a lot of flaws, but it is so much more enjoyable than 2K.

Gambit from the X-Men
May 12, 2001

a war boy standing alone in the desert blasting his mouth with cum from a dildo

CopywrightMMXI posted:

I threw on 2K yesterday to play as Zeus and holy poo poo does this game ever suck after playing Fight Forever. The controls suck and it’s so loving slow. Every match is 10 minutes and you have to hit your finisher multiple times to get a pin. Fight Forever has a lot of flaws, but it is so much more enjoyable than 2K.

i had a seven minute banger online with a Danielson as Orange earlier today and it felt like a twenty minute classic. Fight Forever does a good job cramming it all in quickly when you can actually find a match

blunt
Jul 7, 2005

Jericho's got new gear in the newest AEWGames clip 👀

https://twitter.com/AEWGames/status/1681734208861995008?t=DaT6tbMJ1zN-WHTEIEnvLA&s=19

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

I got the plat trophy which means I’m done with fight forever until the DLC hits

Game is great just needs more game

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Literally don't give a poo poo unless they're adding more CAW parts and finally making it so you can have a towel/scarf as entrance attire (among other such baffling exclusions) because Yukes clearly knows how do to that but chose for it to only work if it's MJF.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Angry_Ed posted:

Literally don't give a poo poo unless they're adding more CAW parts and finally making it so you can have a towel/scarf as entrance attire (among other such baffling exclusions) because Yukes clearly knows how do to that but chose for it to only work if it's MJF.

gwok gwok gwok

gwok gwok

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

https://twitter.com/noobde/status/1682535936691949568

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

Weirdo
Picks

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Why both of the "what if Superman, but evil?" characters

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

Big Coffin Hunter posted:

Why both of the "what if Superman, but evil?" characters

Injustice 3 cancelled

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Gotta pick from notable characters who are ok with gory murder which narrows the field somewhat after the first few rounds

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

Cult of Pies posted:

clip with sound

https://i.imgur.com/l6PjBZt.mp4

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
That’s the weird bit with DC being owned by the same company that makes Mortal Kombat, which by its nature and title is about gory fights to the death. Like Marvel vs Capcom can just be about a bunch of superheroes and fighters and Mega Men and lawyers beating each other up and it’s fun. Injustice and so on have to justify the heroes actually trying to kill each other.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

They had a good thing going when they were mostly using horror movie monsters as the guest characters.

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

They were working on Injustice 3 but it got cancelled. The superhero characters were probably repurposed for this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Generico
Feb 3, 2009

Birds revere you and consider you one of their own.

You are welcome in their holy places.
In Injustice, like, Batman still doesn't kill people, it's just Fascist Superman and some of the heroes on his side. And there's no Fatalities. In MK, they have DC guest characters, but it's the same characters that would do violent things in the comic books.