Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

i am a moron posted:

Animal collective released a 21 minute single a few weeks ago. I loving love it doesn’t sound like there’s an album behind it though

there's an album coming likely late summer or into fall, and Defeat is almost certainly on it. they recorded it (along with Defeat) a year or 2 ago with russ elevado, who's worked on a ton of r&b stuff (e.g. he recorded Voodoo and Black Messiah). they've been playing the songs on this coming album since 2018-19 and imo they will be much better than Time Skiffs, esp if they sound as good as Defeat does.

i love Defeat tho, probably their best song since WWIW?S

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bright Bart
Apr 27, 2020

False. There is only one electron and it has never stopped
I tried to enjoy this new single and sadly did not.

It had nostalgia going for it coming in but it's much less easy listening than the AC I remember my childhood.

i am a moron
Nov 12, 2020

"I think if there’s one thing we can all agree on it’s that Penn State and Michigan both suck and are garbage and it’s hilarious Michigan fans are freaking out thinking this is their natty window when they can’t even beat a B12 team in the playoffs lmao"

Wraith of J.O.I. posted:

there's an album coming likely late summer or into fall, and Defeat is almost certainly on it. they recorded it (along with Defeat) a year or 2 ago with russ elevado, who's worked on a ton of r&b stuff (e.g. he recorded Voodoo and Black Messiah). they've been playing the songs on this coming album since 2018-19 and imo they will be much better than Time Skiffs, esp if they sound as good as Defeat does.

i love Defeat tho, probably their best song since WWIW?S

Oh nice! I must’ve misunderstood what I read. Kinda sounded like a one off with whoever they collaborated with. Figured they’d have made a more prominent mention of it if an album was forthcoming

Time skiffs was AOTY for me ‘22 and it’s one of my most beloved vinyls. If they followed up in ‘23 with something even half that I’d be happy

Nightmare Cinema
Apr 4, 2020

no.

Username checks out

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

i am a moron posted:

Oh nice! I must’ve misunderstood what I read. Kinda sounded like a one off with whoever they collaborated with. Figured they’d have made a more prominent mention of it if an album was forthcoming

Time skiffs was AOTY for me ‘22 and it’s one of my most beloved vinyls. If they followed up in ‘23 with something even half that I’d be happy

it’s not officially announced or anything yet but there’s been tidbits about it in interviews and instagram posts &such over the past many months and that’s what’s been pieced together

Slandible
Apr 30, 2008

I've been looping this TWEN song recently.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=acY8HUv-mUM

Ambitious Spider
Feb 13, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
Scored pre-sale tickets to the Japanese Breakfast/Hop Along Halloween show. I am disappointed it's at the Fillmore, and not Union Transfer, but what can you do.

Edit and boygenius finally announced a Philly date!

And boygenius ticket acquired. Slowdive and boygenius back to back. Going to be a good concert weekend. Haven’t done two concerts back to back in a while so I’m very glad boygenius is seated

Ambitious Spider fucked around with this message at 15:14 on Jul 12, 2023

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

Cherry Glazerr announced a new album today out in September; here's a single to go with it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kLoicc5EXgc

captainOrbital
Jan 23, 2003

Wrathchild!
💢🧒
finally, damnit

Satsuma released singles like 2 years ago. I demand entertainment

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends
https://twitter.com/PSB_HQ/status/1679553955473268748

i am a moron
Nov 12, 2020

"I think if there’s one thing we can all agree on it’s that Penn State and Michigan both suck and are garbage and it’s hilarious Michigan fans are freaking out thinking this is their natty window when they can’t even beat a B12 team in the playoffs lmao"

Wraith of J.O.I. posted:

it’s not officially announced or anything yet but there’s been tidbits about it in interviews and instagram posts &such over the past many months and that’s what’s been pieced together

Thanks for the info!

Anyone listening to the new King Krule? Pretty pretty good if you’re into his sound

Nightmare Cinema
Apr 4, 2020

no.
https://twitter.com/World0fEcho/status/1679627498206953473

incoherent
Apr 24, 2004

Shout out to Adrian Sherwood. He did last years excellent Spoon remix Lucifer On The Moon is also dubbing up his totally-not-a-beach boys collabo record with sonic boom, Reset called...Reset in dub

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pB-OurnauC4

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
Send help. I listened to Blue Rev and now other music doesn’t sound good

Nightmare Cinema
Apr 4, 2020

no.

Bismack Billabongo posted:

Send help. I listened to Blue Rev and now other music doesn’t sound good

Now listen to it on vinyl. It uses a slightly different mix that sounds more... I guess "live" would be the word?

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
I bought the Compact Disc and it sounds fantastic

Nightmare Cinema
Apr 4, 2020

no.

I bought the Compact Disc and it sounds fantastic

I think the CD uses the same mix as every other digital version.

Because the vinyl (at least the North American and European editions) was sent out to press before the final mix could be locked in (like a year before release because of lead times), there's small differences in this preliminary mix that really make them sound like a "rock" band while the finalized retail version's a bit more congested and "bedroom pop" in sound.

Pharmacist - Digital Retail Mix

Pharmacist - Vinyl Mix

The Japanese vinyl curiously enough uses the final retail mix instead of the preliminary one though.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
Interesting. I was going to buy the lp but then it was way cheaper to get the cd on Bandcamp or whatever.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
The cd came with a white airhead and a sticker so I think I came out on top

Bright Bart
Apr 27, 2020

False. There is only one electron and it has never stopped
Bandcamp is bae

captainOrbital
Jan 23, 2003

Wrathchild!
💢🧒

The cd came with a white airhead and a sticker so I think I came out on top

Polyvinyl sends out airheads with vinyl too. And yeah Blue Rev is amazing

Nightmare Cinema
Apr 4, 2020

no.
My copy came with a sticker but no airhead.

Wtf

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.
Saw Pool Kids last Saturday.

What was surprising was the openers, Chase Petra and Sydney Sprague. Thoroughly enjoyed them. I found Pool Kids in the first place because they were opening for The Wonder Years, so I guess the tradition continues.

captainOrbital
Jan 23, 2003

Wrathchild!
💢🧒
saw pool kids open for origami angel and they were both great. pool kids' debut is so so good

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=npDStSSirsQ

I was looking for Believe You Me to throw it into Riffstation and learn to play anyway and saw this was uploaded only 12 hours ago and I was like NO WAY, and it's even more hype I expected, Tay's voice just brings you in.

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY
The new Big Thief single is an all timer, so much in just 3 minutes.

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

My wifes American cousin is flying to London to watch Noah Kahan and had got us tickets as well. I have never heard of him before but the tickets sold out in half an hour. His listed influences are Mumfords and Sons though, ooft.

In other news picked up the new King Krule album, its great.

Nightmare Cinema
Apr 4, 2020

no.
The more Big Thief releases, the more I can't stand their twee rear end

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

Nightmare Cinema posted:

Same but also Big Moon and Biig Piig

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

Oh and Lanterns on the Lake as well.

In the other hand Corrine Bailey Raes new track is great if unexpected.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
I don’t really know much about The 1975 but I think they are indie rock ish (and Noel Gallagher hates them for some reason?) but drat this made me chuckle

https://pitchfork.com/news/the-1975-set-in-malaysia-pulled-after-matthew-healy-kisses-bandmate-and-attacks-lgbtq-laws/

quote:

The 1975’s Matthew Healy criticized homophobic Malaysian laws and kissed bassist Ross MacDonald for some 20 seconds during the band’s headline set at Good Vibes Festival yesterday, leading organizers to pull the set and authorities to cancel the festival’s remaining two days. Healy told the Kuala Lumpur crowd it was “loving ridiculous to tell people what they can do with that and that,” gesturing to his crotch. “If you want to invite me here to do a show, you can gently caress off. I’ll take your money, you can ban me, but I’ve done this before and it doesn’t feel good, and I’m hosed off.”

When the set was cut short moments later, he said, “All right, we just got banned from Kuala Lumpur. See you later.” Malaysia’s Ministry of Communications and Digital officially canceled the festival this afternoon (July 22).

Homosexuality is outlawed in Malaysia, with potential prison sentences of up to 20 years. A source close to the band said, “Matty has a long-time record of advocating for the LGBTQ+ community and the band wanted to stand up for their LGBTQ+ fans and the community.”

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill

Nightmare Cinema posted:

I wasn't thrilled with this new single but I loved "Dragon New Warm Mountain I Believe In You" (lol at that name)

also I missed the single Shark Smile from a long time ago but drat thats a good one

Automata 10 Pack
Jun 21, 2007

Ten games published by Automata, on one cassette
songs + instrumentals and Dragon New Warm Mountain I Believe in You are incredible albums but the rest of their catalogue really didn’t grab me. It just felt like good but generic indie folk rock.

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

:swoon: MURALI :swoon:

New Drab Majesty 25th August, sounds like they've gone all 90s. :allears:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5lVfNtsx1y8

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

new animal collective album Isn't It Now? announced out September 29 w/ single Soul Capturer (and Defeat is on the album)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hEVMxqnWmrE

Ambitious Spider
Feb 13, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
new Mitski

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5WW7cuAm-7Y

i am a moron
Nov 12, 2020

Wraith of J.O.I. posted:

new animal collective album Isn't It Now? announced out September 29 w/ single Soul Capturer (and Defeat is on the album)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hEVMxqnWmrE

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh poo poo yes!

taco show
Oct 6, 2011

motherforker

skooma512 posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=npDStSSirsQ

I was looking for Believe You Me to throw it into Riffstation and learn to play anyway and saw this was uploaded only 12 hours ago and I was like NO WAY, and it's even more hype I expected, Tay's voice just brings you in.

woah this is good. (and theyre from chicago?! sleeping village in oct!)

captainOrbital
Jan 23, 2003

Wrathchild!
💢🧒
I'll never get sick of 90s nouveau bands

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Costco Meatballs
Oct 21, 2022

by Pragmatica
Dunno how I hadn't heard of Mindchatter before a girl next to me at a festival told me about him. Hot Chip esque vocals over sexy rear end electronic music.

Has a kind of 2010s sensibility with modern production. He covers stuff like Young Folks and I Can Change so I think that's sort of the idea. Really really good poo poo.

Great fuckin music also.