Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: TheSwizzler, STING 64)

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

The performers in SAW are extremely trained athletes. Many things we do are a performance. However, what is real and true is that we all love anime, and K-ON!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos
I don't watch anime, I watch it ironically.

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Yeah well this is SAW, and you're not in ADTRW so you're banned from anime unless you can beat two of my women in the ring in a handicap match.

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"
We don’t need anime, my old lady rear end is gonna share all my old Central Park Media and US Manga Corp Japanamation tapes around

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

"If I lose I will set myself on fire."
I don't care what people think about anime I watch. If I find joy in something then no big brained analysis telling me it's bad actually will matter to me. Sometimes I just wanna watch the show where a man's hand gets cut off and he explains with a smile that now he won't have to hold back since his hand won't hurt anymore when punching. Peace.

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

IGgy IGsen posted:

I don't care what people think about anime I watch. If I find joy in something then no big brained analysis telling me it's bad actually will matter to me. Sometimes I just wanna watch the show where a man's hand gets cut off and he explains with a smile that now he won't have to hold back since his hand won't hurt anymore when punching. Peace.

Baki is great, isnt it?

e: Oh wait youre the enemy. Nerd, get outside and punch some things. Like punching bags, trees, or clowns.

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Speaking of clowns, where is Shinjobi?

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Boba Pearl posted:

You put the trigger finger on the trigger ...
So this is the split second before Boney fired? Or did they hold the pose dramatically after the fact?

Gonna send you to art camp, because right now, this is doesn't meet the narrative excellence that ADTRW expects. :coal:

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos

FilthyImp posted:

So this is the split second before Boney fired? Or did they hold the pose dramatically after the fact?

Gonna send you to art camp, because right now, this is doesn't meet the narrative excellence that ADTRW expects. :coal:

So when your parents dropped you the first time, that was it huh? There was NO bounce back in that baby.

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
The hideous dent in my CAW is the result of a tragic Anime Expo accident.

Yours are the result of a cruel and rizz-less creator.

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
Have I been winning?

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

Buschmaki posted:

Have I been winning?

I’ll take a look

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

Buschmaki posted:

Have I been winning?

Unless I’m mistaken, your only match this week has been to clown on Harold Fjord with 2 other people. Obviously, your team won.

Unless you were in a (different) tag team, which doesn’t seem to be the case, that’s it.

So, yes, it seems that you’re winning.

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
That's great! Now I know I don't look like the average athlete, my belly's a lil big my heinie's a little big; but brother I'm bad and I know I'm bad! Now on this Earth there's two bad people; one of 'em's Larry and he's dead now. The other one, you're lookin' at him, jack. Now Jeff put hard times on the forums when he permabanned the ADTRW chat thread homies.... But the only way to hurt Jeff is to take what he covets most. And that's the SAW Forums Heavyweight Title. And I, Buschmaki, will be takin' it home in this hard times USA!!!

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

Buschmaki posted:

That's great! Now I know I don't look like the average athlete, my belly's a lil big my heinie's a little big; but brother I'm bad and I know I'm bad! Now on this Earth there's two bad people; one of 'em's Larry and he's dead now. The other one, you're lookin' at him, jack. Now Jeff put hard times on the forums when he permabanned the ADTRW chat thread homies.... But the only way to hurt Jeff is to take what he covets most. And that's the SAW Forums Heavyweight Title. And I, Buschmaki, will be takin' it home in this hard times USA!!!

:toot:

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Furnaceface posted:

I'm a clown, I'm an entertainer, I love to put a smile on peoples' faces. You wanna be in my show, go ahead and try something. End of the night it won't be me with a goofy lookin red nose.

You Can Join Something Awful Wrestling Today

Tuesdays and Thursdays at 9pm Eastern on twitch.tv/tha_swizzler

Megamissen
Jul 19, 2022

any post can be a kannapost
if you want it to be

no jury would convict

Megamissen
Jul 19, 2022

if you want it to be

can you add the roster to the op again? the tag teams aswell would be good

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Furnaceface posted:

no no, the clown was my previous tag team partner.

ghosthorse
Dec 15, 2011

...you forget so easily...

IGgy IGsen posted:

hell yeah evil dead ftw

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

"If I lose I will set myself on fire."

Furnaceface posted:

Baki is great, isnt it?

ghosthorse posted:

hell yeah evil dead ftw

One of you got it right, the other got it wrong, now you must fight. Winner joins ADTRW.

ghosthorse
Dec 15, 2011

now I have to job for a hockey twink

ghosthorse
Dec 15, 2011

I can’t see furnace’s av well enough on my phone that’s from the hockey webcomic right

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
i dont think its the gay college hockey comic

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?
Is it boxer hockey, the best hockey comic?

ghosthorse
Dec 15, 2011

Buschmaki posted:

i dont think its the gay college hockey comic

aww that’s the only one I know

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

ghosthorse posted:

I can’t see furnace’s av well enough on my phone that’s from the hockey webcomic right

I think its just a fan drawing of a stereotypical Canadian hockey fan tbh. Someone bought me the av during the 2010 (i think?) olympics after the final hockey game ended.

ghosthorse
Dec 15, 2011

well regardless if winner joins adtrw I’m going to pull a leafs

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

ghosthorse posted:

well regardless if winner joins adtrw I’m going to pull a leafs

Leafs give false hope by winning early before blowing a tire so enjoy your time hanging out with Namtab. :smug:

TheSwizzler
May 13, 2005

LETTIN THE CAT OUTTA THE BAG

Megamissen posted:

can you add the roster to the op again? the tag teams aswell would be good

Done

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

Can you give me a probe sometime before the match so that we get more eyes on tonight’s exhibition?

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

TheSwizzler
May 13, 2005

sb hermit posted:

Can you give me a probe sometime before the match so that we get more eyes on tonight’s exhibition?

I'll hit you at 3:45 so you can get your posts in before then

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

TheSwizzler posted:

I'll hit you at 3:45 so you can get your posts in before then

:moonrio:

Jeremor
Jun 1, 2009

Drop Your Nuts

Is... is it too late to become a wrestling man? Enjoyed the other thread even though I barely understood what was happening. This time I'm hoping to sort of understand what's going on

TheSwizzler
May 13, 2005

Jeremor posted:

Is... is it too late to become a wrestling man? Enjoyed the other thread even though I barely understood what was happening. This time I'm hoping to sort of understand what's going on

You are in! Just tell us what division (mens or womens) and which subforum you want to represent

BRJurgis
Aug 15, 2007

Well I hear the thunder roll, I feel the cold winds blowing...
But you won't find me there, 'cause I won't go back again...
While you're on smoky roads, I'll be out in the sun...
Where the trees still grow, where they count by one...
Going to download twitch so I can talk poo poo as I dance fight suckers like that dude from tekken.

How does betting work, do we all start with sawbucks to bet? What am I wagering?

TheSwizzler
May 13, 2005

BRJurgis posted:

Going to download twitch so I can talk poo poo as I dance fight suckers like that dude from tekken.

How does betting work, do we all start with sawbucks to bet? What am I wagering?

Bets will be posted ahead of matches where you can wager on who will win, you get a few sawbucks for tuning in and a few more every few minutes, they can pile up really fast if you're betting on longshots with high payouts

Megamissen
Jul 19, 2022

if you want it to be

BRJurgis posted:

you get sawbucks as you watch
swizzler or a twitch chat moderator will set up a bet when a match starts, you bet the sawbucks
in some countries (like mine :sweden:) however betting is disabled and you have to use a vpn if you want to bet

TheSwizzler
May 13, 2005

Megamissen posted:

in some countries (like mine :sweden:) however betting is disabled and you have to use a vpn if you want to bet

Whoa that's insane I mean I get lootbox legislation to a point but twitch wagers for fake internet points is pretty low stakes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jeremor
Jun 1, 2009

Drop Your Nuts

TheSwizzler posted:

You are in! Just tell us what division (mens or womens) and which subforum you want to represent

Awesome, mens division please and I'd like to represent the Sports Argument Stadium, naturally

edit: Fighting style, I'm seeing more of a meaty Goldberg type guy, preferably that looks like he does not actually know he's wrestling and is just doing football tackles constantly. Thanks

Jeremor fucked around with this message at 19:18 on Jul 22, 2023