Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

It took me a moment to realize that was a bbq and not a complicated and inefficient way to smoke drugs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
Why not both?

Making my famous Weed Butt

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Joey Freshwater posted:

Why not both?

You do you, but, like I said, seems inefficient.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
Lol could you imagine. It would taste terrible but you’d be high so would it matter?

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Joey Freshwater posted:

Why not both?

Sir, this is a No Butt Stuff thread.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Joey Freshwater posted:

Lol could you imagine. It would taste terrible but you’d be high so would it matter?

That's my issue, you probably wouldn't get high.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!

I really appreciate how they fade in the names of all these impressive actors, pause for a second, then show Peter Cullen as the cherry on top

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

BlindSite posted:

Sir, this is a No Butt Stuff thread.

I need to make some butt soon.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

swickles posted:

Oh yeah, I know we talked about it a few weeks ago, but what battery ecosystem should I get into? I think my wife already has a few Ryobi tools, but not so many that we can't start a new. First purchase will probably be a hedge trimmer.

My GF is a landscape designer/custom gardener and we’re both deep in the kobalt brand. It’s lowes in house brand and they warranty everything in store just like craftsman.

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

A little cross-country, gentlemen?

Tulalip Tulips posted:

A lot of my attention and memory issues get pinned on my anxiety and I've given up on getting ADHD tested since my severe generalized anxiety disorder is always going to be blamed first. We'll see though.

Twinsies :unsmith::hf::unsmith:

ghosthorse
Dec 15, 2011

...you forget so easily...

swickles posted:

Oh yeah, I know we talked about it a few weeks ago, but what battery ecosystem should I get into? I think my wife already has a few Ryobi tools, but not so many that we can't start a new. First purchase will probably be a hedge trimmer.

generally ryobi is good enough and cheap enough that it doesn’t matter if it isn’t great. Would certainly not recommend ryobi if you’re actually using it for work in trades but the ryobi hedge trimmer is probably half the price of the dewalt and Milwaukee ones. I don’t know about prices wherever you are but around here a single dewalt 5ah 20v battery is around $200 at places like home depot

MrLogan
Feb 4, 2004

Ask me about Derek Carr's stolen MVP awards, those dastardly refs, and, oh yeah, having the absolute worst fucking gimmick in The Football Funhouse.

General Dog posted:

Oppenheimer is, of course, way too long, but there's some really high highs along the road. Add that to some dynamite performances from the leads, and I'm willing to forgive it its excesses in runtime and in musical score.

This will sound like a backhanded compliment, but I feel like much like Michael Bay, Nolan has pretty much settled into making movies the way he makes movies. Neither is likely to show us many new tricks at this point in their respective careers, but they're both such masters of doing the things that they do, I still appreciate every opportunity to see them at work, especially in cases like this or Pain and Gain where they put those talents to somewhat unusual ends.

Nolan had his head way too far up his own rear end for Oppenheimer. Switching scenes every 2-3 minutes for the first two hours made the movie so completely disjointed. The only really good scene in the movie is the trinity test, which is the only scene over 5 minutes. Since it's the climax of the movie, it's really weird to have another 45 minutes of movie after it.

Pain & Gain is a fantastic movie.

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Steeeeriiiiiiiiike twooooooo!

:argh: had to delay mine a day because of a very likely thunderstorm this afternoon. Got two pork belly slabs marinating to be made into bacon and two butts that will go into a brine tonight to do it tomorrow, instead.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

GD_American posted:

I really appreciate how they fade in the names of all these impressive actors, pause for a second, then show Peter Cullen as the cherry on top

:hfive: I had the exact same thought, and reaction. :dance:

Gotta tell you, I enjoyed the Barbie movie, but I can see why some people will be pissed about it. The trailer definitely downplayed it on purpose.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

ghosthorse posted:

generally ryobi is good enough and cheap enough that it doesn’t matter if it isn’t great. Would certainly not recommend ryobi if you’re actually using it for work in trades but the ryobi hedge trimmer is probably half the price of the dewalt and Milwaukee ones. I don’t know about prices wherever you are but around here a single dewalt 5ah 20v battery is around $200 at places like home depot

This is why I recommend Kobalt. The warranty through lowes (because like craftsman its their in house brand) is amazing and they're not horribly expensive.

Also, if you didn't know, lowes bought craftsman from sears when they went under and warranties them just like sears did before. You can take a craftsman wrench from the 80s bought at sears that finally croaked in 2023 and lowes will replace it. When we had a trimmer die on us, they replaced the trimmer with a brand new one and let us keep the old battery and charger. Now we just have an additional one.

I use the lawnmower and weedeater at my house weekly. She uses three different trimmers (two pole and one short), leaf blower, and a chainsaw all the time. They're really good and priced great.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

Housemate's dog is back in the house, so it means morning walks to Starbucks where she can get a Pupperchino she so rightly deserves.

Edit: new Awful image uploading is a hassle.

Android Apocalypse fucked around with this message at 16:27 on Jul 22, 2023

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

gently caress yes

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

I'm now 30

Oh god wtf

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

I'm now 30

Oh god wtf

You're in your prime! Live it up!

The :wtf: is saved when you hit 40.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Yeah 40 approaches fast and furious so enjoy 30

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Getting nearish to 50, will report back goons

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

I'm now 30

Oh god wtf

Congrats on your new ache that'll be with you the rest of your life

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

I'm now 30

Oh god wtf

gently caress you. I’d kill to be 30 again.

That is to say, you’re still not old. Go do a bunch of stuff before you actually get old.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Kalli posted:

Congrats on your new ache that'll be with you the rest of your life

Too loving real.

Back when I turned 30, I somehow pulled a muscle in my chest and thought I broke a rib because I could barely breath.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

kiimo posted:

Getting nearish to 50, will report back goons

I'll race you to it.

(Collapses in joint pain)

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Steeeeriiiiiiiiike twooooooo!

Mr. Nice! posted:

This is why I recommend Kobalt. The warranty through lowes (because like craftsman its their in house brand) is amazing and they're not horribly expensive.

Also, if you didn't know, lowes bought craftsman from sears when they went under and warranties them just like sears did before. You can take a craftsman wrench from the 80s bought at sears that finally croaked in 2023 and lowes will replace it. When we had a trimmer die on us, they replaced the trimmer with a brand new one and let us keep the old battery and charger. Now we just have an additional one.

I use the lawnmower and weedeater at my house weekly. She uses three different trimmers (two pole and one short), leaf blower, and a chainsaw all the time. They're really good and priced great.

Will they replace Craftsman socket wrenches with the equivalent Kobalt? As of 5 to 10 years ago (what is time, really) Kobalt was head and shoulders above Craftsman for those. I got the 150 piece Craftsman set when we got our first house, and eventually just bit the bullet and replaced the wrenches with Kobalt because they kept breaking. My dad tried to sell me on the "well just take it to the store and get it replaced", but they were going to give me the same piece of poo poo wrench I knew was going to break again, and I'd rather just spend more to have the one that will last. Pretty sure I still have one or two of the Craftsman laying around, though, and it'd be sweet to upgrade those for free.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

I'm now 30

Oh god wtf

Get off my drat lawn :argh:

and happy birthday!

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

1st Sgt. Matthews and the men have Procured for me a cummerbund from a traveling gypsy, who screeched Victory shall come at a Terrible price. i am Honored.

Android Apocalypse posted:

I'll race you to it.

(Collapses in joint pain)

I was running down a river and struck the side of my foot against a rock and had the thought: ‘oh hey the pain in my foot near my big toe was actually a long-lasting bone bruise and not gout’

And that was a good thing

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!
The funny thing about Craftsman is it's just an overall brand name for a collection of tools sold by Sears that was made by various subcontractors of various quality. Sears never made any of them. You had good plants (Western Forge) and lovely plants (National Hand Tool, then later the Chinese plants). It's still the exact same way- Ace Hardware sells the good Craftsman tools, Lowe's sells the Chinese stuff (which has gotten better).

There's a complete subculture of tracing manufacturer marks and dates to find the good tools. For a while they had a Craftsman Industrial line that was literally made by the same plant that did Matco tools.

By they way, this is an amazing read about logistical failures in a Craftsman plant in Texas from when Stanley owned them:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/com...ce-verthp-feeds

T-Square
May 14, 2009

Dang I thought I was the youngest poster in here

Also hell yeah Invincible, but also drat you I was getting ready to cancel my Prime and forgot about season 2 lol

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

I'm now 30

Oh god wtf

30????

You're not old!!! If thats old then what's 34...?!? :ohdear:

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

3 DONG HORSE posted:

30????

The last year you'll have before the real pain begins to set in.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

3 DONG HORSE posted:

30????

Sorry but you are now old, uncool, and have to wear suspenders everyday.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Quiet Feet posted:

The last year you'll have before the real pain begins to set in.

Wait, you main the pain I’m currently experiencing at 33 isn’t even the real poo poo yet? :gonk:

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

fartknocker posted:

Wait, you main the pain I’m currently experiencing at 33 isn’t even the real poo poo yet? :gonk:

Think of it as the “Coming Soon” trailers before the actual movie starts.

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

I’m 38 and every part of my body hurts from carrying my 3 year old around the store for 30 minutes yesterday. I’m not THAT out of shape

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

A good tiktok

https://twitter.com/TheCursedGoon/status/1682657069055475713

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

a sexual elk posted:

I’m 38 and every part of my body hurts from carrying my 3 year old around the store for 30 minutes yesterday. I’m not THAT out of shape

Dad tax.

I'm 37 and feel fine.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Blowjob Overtime posted:

Will they replace Craftsman socket wrenches with the equivalent Kobalt? As of 5 to 10 years ago (what is time, really) Kobalt was head and shoulders above Craftsman for those. I got the 150 piece Craftsman set when we got our first house, and eventually just bit the bullet and replaced the wrenches with Kobalt because they kept breaking. My dad tried to sell me on the "well just take it to the store and get it replaced", but they were going to give me the same piece of poo poo wrench I knew was going to break again, and I'd rather just spend more to have the one that will last. Pretty sure I still have one or two of the Craftsman laying around, though, and it'd be sweet to upgrade those for free.

I think they'd be replaced with a craftsman because Lowes is the exclusive craftsman dealer now. I can't say for sure about upgrades.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MaximilianK
Jan 8, 2022

Pro click for Antonio