Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

There is zero chance psg sells for 20 million, can’t see him going for anything less than 1.5 Declan rices

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EC10
Jan 17, 2005

We like Nin-po-po
We like Nin-po-po
We like Nin-po-po
We like NIN---PO!

He’s fully sick in Fifa, villa should sign Mbappe and Colman to play with him now

Nuclear Spoon
Aug 18, 2010

I want to cry out
but I don’t scream and I don’t shout
And I feel so proud
to be alive
very weird behaviour lol

https://twitter.com/CDEccleshare/status/1682697891129720835

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me
once again proving my theory that Germans love David Hasselhoff
Harry Kane

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

kri kri posted:

There is zero chance psg sells for 20 million, can’t see him going for anything less than 1.5 Declan rices

That's 1.5 Declans Rice

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

sebzilla posted:

That's 1.5 Declans Rice

Was never good at math

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe

Vegetable posted:

I think Madrid will end up signing him for like 20m. There is some benefit to having Mbappe for a season than not having him. And PSG seem to think any sale is better than no sale.

The only problem is the giant loyalty bonus Mbappe is supposedly due next summer, as well as however much more PSG would have paid him for this season. I imagine those things could be covered by either PSG or Madrid; it would then just be reflected in the signing fee.

It'll completely gently caress them for FFP if they let him walk for free (or even a sum like 20m), so then they wouldn't be able to spend on another huge name transfer to replace him (like, say, with Osimhen). If they want to have either Mbappe or another marquee striker after next season they definitely need him to sign an extension or sell him for legitimate money now.

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque può essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

if Harry Kane is on the market for £100m at age 29 then there's no reason that Mbappe would be any less than that at 24

for point of reference, Forest are apparently in for £15m for Anthony Elanga, a player who scored zero goals last season (to replace Jesse Lingard, who also scored zero goals last season)

Masonity
Dec 31, 2007

What, I wonder, does this hidden face of madness reveal of the makers? These K'Chain Che'Malle?

FullLeatherJacket posted:

if Harry Kane is on the market for £100m at age 29 then there's no reason that Mbappe would be any less than that at 24

for point of reference, Forest are apparently in for £15m for Anthony Elanga, a player who scored zero goals last season (to replace Jesse Lingard, who also scored zero goals last season)

The big difference is that Mbop isn't just due a huge signing on fee if he waits an extra year, but also misses out on a huge loyalty bonus. I'd fully expect him to expect his next club to make up for that on his signing on fee. That'll in turn limit the fee they'll pay. Equally for PSG, letting him go for any fee now literally saves them paying that to him and then losing him on a free anyway. So they can practically consider that part of the fee.

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

The only way I see Mbappe compromising and accepting less money for a transfer this summer is if PSG decides to freeze him out for literally the entire season. That’s the only real leverage they have.

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Moussa Diaby to Aston Villa is a done deal, and I am hootin' and hollerin'

https://twitter.com/AVFCOfficial/status/1682836760537989126

Elliptical Dick
Oct 11, 2008

I made the bald man cry
into the turtle stew

Vegetable posted:

The only way I see Mbappe compromising and accepting less money for a transfer this summer is if PSG decides to freeze him out for literally the entire season. That’s the only real leverage they have.

Read somewhere that the French players' union is bringing a suit against PSG for freezing Mbop out. According to them it's a violation of his workers' rights somehow.

Adun
Apr 15, 2001

Publicola
Fun Shoe

Vegetable posted:

Just seems like a total empty threat. PSG gain nothing from benching their best player

lomzus
Mar 18, 2009
https://twitter.com/NUFC/status/1683114409734881280

funkybottoms
Oct 28, 2010

Funky Bottoms is a land man
marca back on their bullshit

https://cartilagefreecaptain.sbnation.com/2023/7/23/23804464/tottenham-hotspur-transfer-news-rumors-offer-kylian-mbappe-yes-ha-ha-ha-yes

Jethro
Jun 1, 2000

I was raised on the dairy, Bitch!
Wolves apparently shipped Raúl down south
https://twitter.com/FabrizioRomano/status/1683107675385614336?t=gYAUvGqU4B61LYjZanWhTw&s=19
He was pretty good until David Luiz killed him. He will be missed.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
Apparently Wilfried Zaha is signing for Galatasaray. That's a strange one.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO

vyelkin posted:

His agent ballsed his career up. That six year deal cost him champions league football

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009

vyelkin posted:

What feels like 20 years of 'im waiting for the right offer from a big club' and then off to Turkey at the first phone call :sad:

lomzus
Mar 18, 2009
lol

https://twitter.com/sportbible/status/1683163476179537920

Adun
Apr 15, 2001

Publicola
Fun Shoe
Didn’t realize gay dogs were a breed.

lomzus
Mar 18, 2009
https://twitter.com/DeadlineDayLive/status/1683232228124311562

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí

charlie kane starts rubbing his hands in glee "the balls in our court now harry, i can get you 30, maybe even 35k a week :twisted:"

Nuclear Spoon
Aug 18, 2010

I want to cry out
but I don’t scream and I don’t shout
And I feel so proud
to be alive

lewis doesn't give a poo poo about spurs operations and the only people reporting this are people who don't report on spurs at all, feels like nonsense

however would rather we sell sooner rather than later so we can learn how to be a midtable team without him

lomzus
Mar 18, 2009
https://twitter.com/jamesbenge/status/1683418293883772928

https://twitter.com/FabrizioRomano/status/1683414863136079872

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
What the gently caress

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Leeds get relegated and then the sport as we know it ceases to exist

Mainwaring
Jun 22, 2007

Disco is not dead! Disco is LIFE!

That's incredibly hosed up.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

One. Billion. Euros.

For one season's worth of sportwashing.

This whole SA thing is gonna really spike transfer inflation. Hope everyone's team has a well run academy cause idk how clubs who aren't directly getting to cash out to SA are gonna stay solvent otherwise.

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
I mean from a football point of view this is horrible but from an mbappe point of view I'm picking up the phone so fast I'm tearing every muscle in my arm. 700 million euros lmao

The Perfect Element
Dec 5, 2005
"This is a bit of a... a poof song"
Wtf is the end game here. I'm truly baffled. This is end of days poo poo.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

The Perfect Element posted:

the PIF merges with UEFA and gets 4 Champions League slots if golf is anything to go by

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO

Blasmeister posted:

the PIF merges with UEFA and gets 4 Champions League slots if golf is anything to go by

Oh god.

Though putting the Saudi clubs through FFP would be pretty funny

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Spending a hundred billion pounds to get smashed by Shamrock Rovers in the first preliminary qualifying round

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006

The Perfect Element posted:

They dont let him go.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22
There’s no way PSGs Qatari owners will let him go to Saudi but the whole thing is very funny.

nawilo_420
Nov 24, 2021
Probation
Can't post for 9 days!
saudi arabia wouldn't be my first choice, but for 700 million for one year i'd take into consideration for sure

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.
lmao 700 million euros for one season

Elliptical Dick
Oct 11, 2008

I made the bald man cry
into the turtle stew
I mean I don't even understand what the gently caress they're trying to achieve here? What is the business model? What is sportswashing doing for them exactly? It all just seems like such a colossal waste of cash. And I know they have money to burn but I just can't wrap my mind around it anymore.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Mbappe is on the cover of FIFA in an al-hilal shirt and is available for selfies with assorted minor royals, money well spent