Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!
All the new Fall of X books are 4- or 5-issue miniseries, so it’s pretty safe to say that there’s a bigger linewide relaunch of the X-Books coming after those wrap up, right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Probably. Hellfire Gala is supposed to be the starting point.

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005
This is, sadly, more important to me than bettering myself.

Ms Marvel spoilers: (?)

Somebody posted a leak of Ms Marvel's resurrection.

Could someone tell me if that's just an edit of an existing panel? Because this is a really rough start for her X run of it's legit.

Father Wendigo fucked around with this message at 22:21 on Jul 20, 2023

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Father Wendigo posted:

Could someone tell me if that's just an edit of an existing panel? Because this is a really rough start for her X run of it's legit.

Looks legit. That appears to be Kubert's art and he's an artist.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Father Wendigo posted:

I can't tell you if it is, but I don't see anything especially wrong with it. Seems like the sort of bullshit they would pull to bring that character back this soon after making a big fuss on their death? If you mean the character looks older, that's how they were portrayed on that lovely Zeb Wells Spider-Man run.

Which is especially funny in this thread every time I remember Jubilee's son is still two years old and hasn't grown up in a decade.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Is turning into a white girl her secondary mutation

If they can spawn her with a robe on why does everyone else always come out naked

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005
This is, sadly, more important to me than bettering myself.

Saoshyant posted:

I can't tell you if it is, but I don't see anything especially wrong with it. Seems like the sort of bullshit they would pull to bring that character back this soon after making a big fuss on their death? If you mean the character looks older, that's how they were portrayed on that lovely Zeb Wells Spider-Man run.

Which is especially funny in this thread every time I remember Jubilee's son is still two years old and hasn't grown up in a decade.

She looks significantly older, her skin's noticably lighter, her nose is less pronounced and they forewent the white ankle length resort bathrobes the other rebirths got in favor of a thigh-high nightgown.

edit for reference:

Father Wendigo fucked around with this message at 22:39 on Jul 20, 2023

Rochallor
Apr 23, 2010

ふっっっっっっっっっっっっck

Father Wendigo posted:

She looks significantly older, her skin's noticably lighter, her nose is less pronounced

Fortunately, she has the power to fix all that!

I know kids are hard to draw, but drat does everybody keep drawing Kamala like she's 28.

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Father Wendigo posted:

afaik it’s part of an officially released preview for Hellfire Gala, not a leak

https://comicbook.com/comics/news/x-men-hellfire-gala-2023-preview-ms-marvel-kamala-khan-mutant/

new SDCC announcements, including the first tease of whatever’s coming after Fall of X (probably a linewide relaunch):

https://twitter.com/marvel/status/1682173816577949700?s=46&t=vHCQymUfA8QgltN6y1_sjA

https://twitter.com/marvel/status/1682173373479018497?s=46&t=vHCQymUfA8QgltN6y1_sjA

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
hasn't kurt already had like 3 birth origin stories

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
wonder if they're finally pulling the trigger on the "nightcrawler's parents are mystique and destiny via mystique turning into a guy" thing

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

That’s definitely the AOA X-Men logo.

My baseless speculation is that Apocalypse conquers Krakoa, or at least the Quiet Counsel.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Open Marriage Night posted:

That’s definitely the AOA X-Men logo.

My baseless speculation is that Apocalypse conquers Krakoa, or at least the Quiet Counsel.

I don't think he's really out to conquer these days. It seems that he's gotten a new outlook on survival and is more on the side of good.

But yeah, him being a part of this is a good guess. I think Kamala is gonna be on that team too.

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Blockhouse posted:

wonder if they're finally pulling the trigger on the "nightcrawler's parents are mystique and destiny via mystique turning into a guy" thing

That would be my best guess, tbh, but we’ll see. coincidentally, Azazel is also coming back in Dark X-Men

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

The ghost of Chuck Austen continues to haunt us all these years later.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Pleas call =|A|= by his preferred name

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Codependent Poster posted:

I don't think he's really out to conquer these days. It seems that he's gotten a new outlook on survival and is more on the side of good.

But yeah, him being a part of this is a good guess. I think Kamala is gonna be on that team too.

If stuff gets bad enough with Orchis, he might have to take charge.

Hellfire Gala is next week. Be interesting to see how stuff pops off.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

I don't think he'd have to strong arm anyone or anything to take over. The way Krakoa and the X-Men are going, they'd probably be like "oh thank god someone who isn't a total fuckup is actually going to help".

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

He is still almost definitely not a spy

Soiled Meat

Barry Convex posted:

Azazel is also coming back in Dark X-Men

I'm mostly excited to see Emplate. There's so much fun potential there.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Saoshyant posted:

The ghost of Chuck Austen continues to haunt us all these years later.

"What if Nightcrawler was an actual demon and also the mutant Pope!" he exclaimed, furiously slamming his hands on his keyboard.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Krakoa's Quiet Council has decided to disband at the Gala, and do a new regime change. The council is too broken and not trusting of each other to work anymore.

They are thinking a telepathic democracy currently. (As in the telepaths ask everyone on Krakoa who they want as leaders and tally the votes)

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Ah, so Jamie Madrox will rule as king.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
It's gonna be something stupid like orchis chatgpt rigging the results because the best telepaths in the galaxy can't detect the guy hacking colossus. Omega means poo poo tier now

Caros
May 14, 2008

site posted:

It's gonna be something stupid like orchis chatgpt rigging the results because the best telepaths in the galaxy can't detect the guy hacking colossus. Omega means poo poo tier now

I think that is because he isn't being controlled psychically. Chronicler is a reality bender, not a mind controller. He writes what collosus does and reality reforms to accommodate . Presumably he can 'quiet' Collosus' mind into appearing normal any time they do a psychic scan of him, so there isn't anything for them to detect.

Dude even has a new nom de guerre because 'I am the peaceful guide and friend to all mutants who is also named Apocalypse' is less than ideal.

danbanana
Jun 7, 2008

OG Bell's fanboi

I don't think he'd have to strong arm anyone or anything to take over. The way Krakoa and the X-Men are going, they'd probably be like "oh thank god someone who isn't a total fuckup is actually going to help".

"Say what you will about his prediliction towards genociding humanity, at least he got the gates working again!"

(jk A is cool now)

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

I want to see how the democracy idea works out.

bonus points if they all just go hive mind.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
orchis is already planning a major attack during the gala. they've got gate access, iron man sentinels and nimrod, who no one has an answer for. the council might well collapse before it disbands.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

x-men red: I dont care about anything going on anymore. :geno:

actually that goes for a whole ton of the current books i think, barring immortal.

Synthbuttrange fucked around with this message at 12:34 on Jul 22, 2023

Rochallor
Apr 23, 2010

ふっっっっっっっっっっっっck
Re: X-Men Red, I was enjoying the nation building stuff with Arakko, but it's been so long since X of Swords that I didn't really remember what Genesis' whole deal was, and the last issue left me pretty cold. I really hope Ewing and Gillen are sticking around, but their current titles have pretty much run their course: there's no Quiet Council anymore and Arakko's old leader is back in charge.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

And losing Magneto was a pretty big blow to the lineup for that book. There's still bobby and the shadow council but thats a lot of weight to pull.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
I like the Arakki when they’re being cool and badass and not when they’re being pretentious edgelords droning on and on about strength :rolleyes: and power :geno: or whatever.

Heck, for someone who keeps yammering about the hierarchy of power, I don’t even remember what Genesis’ power is supposed to be, or why any of the ol’ “soft,” “weak” mutants out there couldn’t just punt her into orbit.

Rochallor
Apr 23, 2010

ふっっっっっっっっっっっっck

Synthbuttrange posted:

And losing Magneto was a pretty big blow to the lineup for that book. There's still bobby and the shadow council but thats a lot of weight to pull.

Speaking of Magneto, I'm trying to remember the specifics of his not wishing to be resurrected. He didn't delete his backup like Storm did, he just requested not to be brought back, right? I seem to remember some tension around the idea that they could bring him back against his wishes.

Magneto going out like a champ in AXE was great, and I've loved Xavier having an existential crisis over realizing how little he knew about Max, but drat Ewing wrote a good Magneto.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
He also deleted his backups. It was something he and Storm both agreed on, in order to be truly one of the Arrakii.

He could still come back via Wanda’s “waiting room,” but he would have to choose to do so, and he he died not wanting to do so. As far was we know.

Tragic Wagon
Sep 9, 2021

Got what it takes

BrianWilly posted:

I like the Arakki when they’re being cool and badass and not when they’re being pretentious edgelords droning on and on about strength :rolleyes: and power :geno: or whatever.

Ewing has done amazing work developing the Arakki and giving them an actually nuanced take on the survival of the fittest nonsense, and I do kind of see the logic in pitting that take against the dumbest version of it. That doesn't mean it's not still the dumbest version.

Needs more Bobby.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Yeah I've kind of cooled on X-Men Red too. This isn't quite grabbing me and I think it's because it's mostly about characters we haven't been given much reason to care about, and there are a lot of them. It also feels like it's the "Storm can do no wrong" book and we only ever see her flaws in other titles.

Roberto's group is a lot more interesting and I would like to see more of him and Nova, especially since Nova is an outsider fully accepted by them. Also I wanna see Nova defeat another Annihilation-named being.

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~
Lodus Logos is a rad fella but yeah, I am missing Bobby and that contingent for sure. Ora Serrata did get characterization in Legion of X but that is, granted, another title entirely.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

BrianWilly posted:

Heck, for someone who keeps yammering about the hierarchy of power, I don’t even remember what Genesis’ power is supposed to be, or why any of the ol’ “soft,” “weak” mutants out there couldn’t just punt her into orbit.

She has Chlorokinesis I recall. A power I don't think would have done jack against Uranos.

Honestly if Genesis gathers her army, I kind of hope Storm just uses the Uranos button on them, test them to do the same thing they did.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
she's so drat smug about how arrako lost a fight and are total wusses now. her life for thousands of years consisted of losing fights! she lost to annihilation, she lost to annihilation's corrupting influence, she lost to the white sword over and over again.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

One chapter without Bobby and people be like "drat, its been so long since i've seen bobby. Comic really has jumped the shark"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

People should be asking "Where's Bobby?" whenever he's not on a page.

its just really hard to care about the arrako council because they have the trouble of being brand new characters and having such a high mortality rate.

Synthbuttrange fucked around with this message at 02:26 on Jul 23, 2023