Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
I know you know how to do this.
Get up.

hahahahahahahaha gently caress

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost

Duct Tape Engineer posted:

It's a universal rule that all corporate training videos are terrible and made with the lowest cost actors possible.

it's a goof and not a real video sorry

Vakal
May 11, 2008

It's a universal rule that all corporate training videos are terrible and made with the lowest cost actors possible.

I remember having to watch one on building interpersonal relationships that I'm certain had the guy that played Neelix on Star Trek Voyager.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Vakal posted:

I remember having to watch one on building interpersonal relationships that I'm certain had the guy that played Neelix on Star Trek Voyager.

I know what you meant, but my first thought was that it actually featured Neelix, which would be incredible.

Armacham
Mar 3, 2007

Then brothers in war, to the skirmish must we hence! Shall we hence?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_AAQT6ifGys

Not happy at your job? Just let smile and fake it!!

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day
https://v.redd.it/dq1oh6kh6idb1/DASH_1080.mp4

ComradePyro
Oct 6, 2009

Nenonen posted:

I went on a new (bought as used from Germany) ride in the same amusement park as in my previous post, Linnanmäki in Helsinki. The ride was open for the first day so of course me and my dad got in the line. It was one of those rides where the cars go through a loop back and forth, stop upside down and so on. There I was sitting with my father next to me and the safety archs come down... except mine didn't lock in place. As the ride starts going I tell this to my dad and for the next I dunno how many minutes he's struggling to keep me from falling with all his strength. Fortunately it was me on the faulty seat instead of him, I doubt I could have helped him from falling down!

Once we got back on firm ground he informed the staff and the infernal machine was taken out of operation indefinitely, or at least I don't remember that they ever managed to repair it.

deep memory unlocked: There's a wooden coaster called The Cheetah at Wild Adventures in Georgia, I was definitely too short to ride but my dad was like "ehh cmon guy" and they let us on. This seemed like a Cool Dad Move until, on the downslope portions, we discovered that my tiny child body likes to fall slower than the roller coaster. We discovered this because I lifted out of the seat and had to physically pull myself down in order to just not fly up and out. I was so small and skinny, he had to hold me down for the rest of the ride.
Really blew a hole in his "there's no reason to be scared of it" theory.

Vampire Panties
Apr 18, 2001
nposter
Nap Ghost

CommieGIR posted:

5 over 1s are OSHA personified. Gigantic gently caress off building made of flammable materials filled with oil.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xVodkE47aLw

:haibrow: every one of those Stick over Podium buildings are modern tenement buildings. There was a really good article from the LA times about a decade ago that went through the very OSHA-level logical leaps that are involved to make them legal - :ssh: it involves loopholes in two fire codes being joined together from the 60s IIRC

They're all deathtraps

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Armacham posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_AAQT6ifGys

Not happy at your job? Just let smile and fake it!!

I had a boss who was a legit believer in this and it loving sucked rear end

Xakura
Jan 10, 2019

A safety-conscious little mouse!

ComradePyro posted:

we discovered that my tiny child body likes to fall slower than the roller coaster. We discovered this because I lifted out of the seat and had to physically pull myself down in order to just not fly up and out.

That's not how gravity works :psyduck:

Either everybody was lifted out of their seats, or nobody was, and looking at those restraints, I'm going with "nobody".

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

Xakura posted:

Either everybody was lifted out of their seats, or nobody was, and looking at those restraints, I'm going with "nobody".

It's an apparent effect. As you crest a hill, your momentum is upward. The coaster starts going down and you feel lifted out of your seat as the restraints act on you to pull you down with the coaster.

It's not that you fall slower than the coaster, it's that the coaster starts falling before you do.

ComradePyro
Oct 6, 2009
well I think if you're not too short to be riding, you'd be caught by the lap bar no problem. I was about 7 so I didn't take the time to do the math on the physics involved, do let me know what you come up with.

E: I googled it and what I'm guessing you're seeing is not the same restraints as I experienced, it was just a pull-in lap bar, they changed the carts later on.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

https://i.imgur.com/0PakEEu.mp4

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?

ComradePyro posted:

deep memory unlocked: There's a wooden coaster called The Cheetah at Wild Adventures in Georgia, I was definitely too short to ride but my dad was like "ehh cmon guy" and they let us on. This seemed like a Cool Dad Move until, on the downslope portions, we discovered that my tiny child body likes to fall slower than the roller coaster. We discovered this because I lifted out of the seat and had to physically pull myself down in order to just not fly up and out. I was so small and skinny, he had to hold me down for the rest of the ride.
Really blew a hole in his "there's no reason to be scared of it" theory.

This you?

https://youtu.be/KYgEn_xQQKI

E: wait you said skinny. This is bizarro you.

DR FRASIER KRANG fucked around with this message at 17:39 on Jul 22, 2023

Ablative
Nov 9, 2012

Someone is getting this as an avatar. I don't know who, but it's gonna happen.

ComradePyro posted:

deep memory unlocked: There's a wooden coaster called The Cheetah at Wild Adventures in Georgia,

Used to be, they tore it down a year or two back.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

RatHat posted:

Jesus Christ. How do you ever go on another rollercoaster after that?

In the end, while my traumatizing experience gave me years of nightmares, in the end it got me super interested in how rollercoasters work and I studied to become the guy who takes care of the maintenance of every machine in the park and now they know me as the Amusement Park Killer :murder:

Or I just took it as an excitingly scary experience as no one was hurt. I've hurt myself worse with bicycles as a kid but that never stopped me from climbing back on either... or maybe I'm just too stupid to learn. :dumb:

teemolover42069
Apr 6, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

Nenonen posted:

In the end, while my traumatizing experience gave me years of nightmares, in the end it got me super interested in how rollercoasters work and I studied to become the guy who takes care of the maintenance of every machine in the park and now they know me as the Amusement Park Killer :murder:

you sure there's not, uh...any other reasons they might call you that?

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Janice is kind of an rear end in a top hat

GotLag
Jul 17, 2005

食べちゃダメだよ
Janice rules

Dancing Peasant
Jul 19, 2003

All this for stealing a piece of bread? :waycool:

GotLag posted:

Janice rules

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Janice is emotionally abusive.

Barnes And Body Works
Mar 2, 2016

:shroom::shroom::shroom::shroom::shroom::shroom:
:chillout:

That's definitely a core memory unlocked.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

You only get the korok if you land in the circle sorry.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

bird with big dick posted:

Janice is emotionally abusive.

What about Sarah?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N3WeXGmqYsE

Turrurrurrurrrrrrr
Dec 22, 2018

I hope this is "battle" enough for you, friend.

Why did they need to add "on the plataforms" to the "no one was injured" statement?

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.

Turrurrurrurrrrrrr posted:

Why did they need to add "on the plataforms" to the "no one was injured" statement?

The conductor was executed

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Xakura posted:

The roller coaster has a lot more mass relative to its ærodynamic drag.

Feathers and lead balls fall at the same speed on the Moon, but not in Earth’s atmosphere.

Toadsmash
Jun 10, 2009

Dave Tate's downsy face approves.

Captain Hygiene posted:

I know what you meant, but my first thought was that it actually featured Neelix, which would be incredible.

yes please give us every corporate safety video ever as told by neelix

except if we're gonna go down that road we might as well make it somebody cool like aragorn or the hound

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

do NOT post smooth viggo mortensen

Toadsmash
Jun 10, 2009

Dave Tate's downsy face approves.
corporate safety inspector borg queen

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

I feel like Neelix would be perfect for a horrifically violent Forklift Driver Klaus-esque warning film, you can have Viggo for your more banal ones.

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

Captain Hygiene posted:

I feel like Neelix would be perfect for a horrifically violent Forklift Driver Klaus-esque warning film, you can have Viggo for your more banal ones.

Guest starring Kes on why you don’t do drugs.

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

its a metaphor!

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

https://i.imgur.com/fRUtEdL.mp4

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RXJKdh1KZ0w

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

except for surviving edged weapons that poo poo goes hard

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
:stare:
https://va.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ry00alRk2S1r0uzl6.mp4

quote:

Passengers and staff aboard a train in Semarang, Indonesia, were extremely lucky to survive a horrific train accident on July 18. The passenger train collided with a truck that had broken down on the tracks at a railroad crossing, causing a huge fireball explosion. Miraculously, no one was seriously injured in the incident.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Why do trucks always break down on railroad crossings?

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Sagebrush posted:

It's the law of the universe, just like how your car never starts when you're chased by a serial killer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bondematt
Jan 26, 2007

Not too stupid

Sagebrush posted:

They break down everywhere, you only hear about it when they break down on the train tracks.