Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: MokBa)

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Coxswain Balls posted:

Yeah, and if you want to listen in to the children's class during the day you put on the desert voe set and sneak onto one of the pedestals so they think you're a practice dummy.

!

Ahahaha oh my God that's genius, I just assumed I'd always be automatically booted out if I walked in there :aaa:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Jerusalem posted:

!

Ahahaha oh my God that's genius, I just assumed I'd always be automatically booted out if I walked in there :aaa:

if you get caught in the class you go to jail

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Tunicate posted:

if you get caught in the class you go to jail

They should add Gerudo jail to that "You can just leave!" TotK meme if it isn't already on there. I just wish the dad in there would figure that out.

Kassad
Nov 12, 2005

It's about time.

MokBa posted:

I don’t think you’re remembering this bit very clearly.

The wind blows their mask up and we see a very clear five o clock shadow and Link makes a shocked look at their face. Whether the character is meant to be trans or just a cross dresser is quite unclear. I don’t know if there’s anything indicating that they are actually Gerudo or just a Hylian in the outfit. It would be funny if this is the only AMAB Gerudo in the last century though.

They can't be a Gerudo : they're not huge.

The Wicked ZOGA
Jan 27, 2022

Jerusalem posted:

They should add Gerudo jail to that "You can just leave!" TotK meme if it isn't already on there. I just wish the dad in there would figure that out.

Unfortunately dude is neither the Hero of Hyrule or capable of warping through ceilings.

Link will do senseless chores for any motherfucker but won't say a drat word to defend the guy who just wanted to see his family

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

I'm what the kids call: a big nerd

The Wicked ZOGA posted:

Unfortunately dude is neither the Hero of Hyrule or capable of warping through ceilings.

Link will do senseless chores for any motherfucker but won't say a drat word to defend the guy who just wanted to see his family
its 100% hosed up that you cant tell his wife where he is, or take a picture of him to show to her or anything.

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

Blaziken386 posted:

its 100% hosed up that you cant tell his wife where he is, or take a picture of him to show to her or anything.

Or his daughter. Come on, Link!

not a bot
Jan 9, 2019

Super No Vacancy posted:

they should release a farming and building sim set after totk

This. Transport Tycoon with Link driving whatever hellconstruct you build to take eggs from a farm to the city.

The Maroon Hawk
May 10, 2008

Coxswain Balls posted:

Yeah, and if you want to listen in to the children's class during the day you put on the desert voe set and sneak onto one of the pedestals so they think you're a practice dummy.

Lmfao this game owns

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

I was trying to figure out how to get into the storehouse in Tarrey Town (figured it out!) and went into Mattison's room and read her notes to herself. The one on the last page about not crying..... oof.

Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!

not a bot posted:

This. Transport Tycoon with Link driving whatever hellconstruct you build to take eggs from a farm to the city.

Unironically want a Zelda townbuilder where you lay out grand plans on a map as Zelda, then Link has to lay it all out with TotK physics.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

One Bubbulfrog left. One. :negative:

The Wicked ZOGA
Jan 27, 2022

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8T_9buafmsw

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Jerusalem posted:

Got all the rewards and there was 71 left and I said no

GaylordButts
Feb 19, 2009

Jerusalem posted:

If you don't mind using an external site, you can go to https://mapgenie.io/zelda-tears-of-the-kingdom/maps/hyrule, hit the button on the left to hide everything, and then turn caves back on. Then just compare with your map to see where you are missing a checkmarked cave.

It'd be great if they would patch the game so when you get the Satori buff it only lights up caves you don't have the bubbulfrog from, which is what I had thought it was doing in the first place until being severely disappointed.

Picayune
Feb 26, 2007

cannot be unseen
Taco Defender
Whoof, yeah. Finding the last few Bubbulfrogs ended up being a couple of evenings of giving apples to the Satori trees, teleporting up into the sky, and patiently marking/unmarking cave signs until I found the last few. I was able to do it without looking up locations online, though, which was kind of surprising.

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

I'm what the kids call: a big nerd

GaylordButts posted:

If you don't mind using an external site, you can go to https://mapgenie.io/zelda-tears-of-the-kingdom/maps/hyrule, hit the button on the left to hide everything, and then turn caves back on. Then just compare with your map to see where you are missing a checkmarked cave.

It'd be great if they would patch the game so when you get the Satori buff it only lights up caves you don't have the bubbulfrog from, which is what I had thought it was doing in the first place until being severely disappointed.
the reward for all koroks being a literal pile of poop in this game and the last should make it clear how nintendo feels about people trying to 100% their game, the bubblefrogs being annoying to track down are completely intentional

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
I'm glad it's poop so I don't feel unfairly pressured into doing it all

MokBa
Jun 8, 2006

If you see something suspicious, bomb it!

Getting all the Bubbelfrogs is cool because there are a lot of interesting caves and they have more variety than I expected. Plus the final Koltin cutscene is a good time.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

sigher posted:

TOTK is the 2nd strand-type game.

Ok this tracks

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

I thought,"Well I'll just ask Koltin, he can sense them and since there's only one left that'll make it easy!" and he just goes,"Man I don't know, I just know there's one :shrug:" and come on man, I'm going to a lot of effort here for you!

On the plus side, going through the caves meant I found a few sidequests I'd missed. The Mushroom Hunters quest was actually really quite sweet :)

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

MokBa posted:

Getting all the Bubbelfrogs is cool because there are a lot of interesting caves and they have more variety than I expected. Plus the final Koltin cutscene is a good time.

Yeah, Koltin’s final cutscene is very satisfying.

I haven’t finished all the Addison sign puzzles but I assume it’s similar.

MiracleFlare
Mar 27, 2012

MokBa posted:

I don’t think you’re remembering this bit very clearly.

The wind blows their mask up and we see a very clear five o clock shadow and Link makes a shocked look at their face. Whether the character is meant to be trans or just a cross dresser is quite unclear. I don’t know if there’s anything indicating that they are actually Gerudo or just a Hylian in the outfit. It would be funny if this is the only AMAB Gerudo in the last century though.

In BotW a couple of the NPCs in Kara Kara Bazaar say Vilia is a Hylian, with one of them saying it's unusual to see a Hylian wearing Gerudo clothing. As with most things about Vilia though I prefer to completely ignore how canon treats them

DontMockMySmock
Aug 9, 2008

I got this title for the dumbest fucking possible take on sea shanties. Specifically, I derailed the meme thread because sailors in the 18th century weren't woke enough for me, and you shouldn't sing sea shanties. In fact, don't have any fun ever.

Blaziken386 posted:

the reward for all koroks being a literal pile of poop

the true reward is that you get the ability to command Hestu to dance any time

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Why would I want to intentionally start a cutscene that I'm just going to skip anyway

The Maroon Hawk
May 10, 2008

:mods:

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

this game whips rear end overall, depths kinda suck though, that's my review ty

e: also i regret never fusing my shields with anything besides the odd flamethrower/mirror/armor shard now that i've seen making a skateboard or bombjump.gif is possible. my "radio silence until ive beaten the game" policy had flaws

Yinlock fucked around with this message at 07:20 on Jul 23, 2023

Coxswain Balls
Jun 4, 2001

Hestu should have given you a discount for shaking your controller like maracas while the dance happens.

I still did it anyways but a reward for us Hestu friends might show the dance-skippers the light.

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010
I'd skip the cutscene even if it cost me twice to do so.

Zarlog
Dec 7, 2005

Zarlog, Protector of Baal
I only skip Hestu's dance when I have a prime number of seeds

Inferior Third Season
Jan 15, 2005

Jerusalem posted:

I thought,"Well I'll just ask Koltin, he can sense them and since there's only one left that'll make it easy!" and he just goes,"Man I don't know, I just know there's one :shrug:" and come on man, I'm going to a lot of effort here for you!
If you're like me, you might have also forgotten that there are some caves on tutorial sky island.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Inferior Third Season posted:

If you're like me, you might have also forgotten that there are some caves on tutorial sky island.

I hadn't forgotten but I had mistakenly thought I had all those done. I never found the "Pit" Cave, so I had the three others marked as incomplete on my map and wrapped those up which is when I got to the "there is one frog left" message from Koltin and started scouring the land trying to find it to no avail. Super glad I finished it though, I really liked how that storyline wrapped up and going to pass the news on to Kilton.

Harriet Carker
Jun 2, 2009

Yinlock posted:

e: also i regret never fusing my shields with anything besides the odd flamethrower/mirror/armor shard now that i've seen making a skateboard or bombjump.gif is possible. my "radio silence until ive beaten the game" policy had flaws

I don't think I've ever fused something to a shield. Any cool things I should try? I've basically been ignoring fuse completely except for "fuse whatever monster part onto whatever weapon"

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Harriet Carker posted:

I don't think I've ever fused something to a shield. Any cool things I should try? I've basically been ignoring fuse completely except for "fuse whatever monster part onto whatever weapon"

A ruby to help keep you warm and to melt ice you're standing next to is a good one to keep around. For actual fun stuff, rockets are great and give you useful mobility, and anything with an offensive role (flame jet, laser, etc) is good even if it will eat through the shield's durability.

There's also the comedy bouncy option.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

I fused a cannon shield and it was real funny (the true reason to do anything in this game) even if it did kinda poo poo damage and broke my shield in like 10 seconds

Made it to the final fight yesterday but didn’t have time to get through it. Hope to roll credits tonight

I hosed up and used up all but one serving of gloom food before the final chamber and am already down to like 8 hearts. So I either need to git gud or load a save, cook a shitload, and do a bit of the gauntlet again. I suck rear end at dodge/parry

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

Captain Hygiene posted:

A ruby to help keep you warm and to melt ice you're standing next to is a good one to keep around. For actual fun stuff, rockets are great and give you useful mobility, and anything with an offensive role (flame jet, laser, etc) is good even if it will eat through the shield's durability.

There's also the comedy bouncy option.

Sapphires for a cooling shield too, if that's not obvious, and a suitably bashy horn lets you break ore outcrops with a parry.

Half of Dracula
Oct 24, 2008

Perhaps the same could be
Colgera jaw looks rad on a Lynel shield

DontMockMySmock
Aug 9, 2008

I got this title for the dumbest fucking possible take on sea shanties. Specifically, I derailed the meme thread because sailors in the 18th century weren't woke enough for me, and you shouldn't sing sea shanties. In fact, don't have any fun ever.
Throw some meat on the ground, freeze it with an ice fruit, and fuse the icy meat to a shield. You get an excellent shield-surfing shield; low friction comparable to a cart-shield but with more maneuverability.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BitBasher
Jun 6, 2004

You've got to know the rules before you can break 'em. Otherwise, it's no fun.

Runcible Cat posted:

Sapphires for a cooling shield too, if that's not obvious, and a suitably bashy horn lets you break ore outcrops with a parry.

Or be cheap and sell the ruby/sapphire and do it with cold/heat talus hearts and also sell the gems those taluses give you!