Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: 16-bit Butt-Head)

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

the milk machine posted:

"this private enterprise thing would work much better if the government gave it huge subsidies and financial incentives without getting any of the benefit" is pretty much the story of America

Just thinking about how it could actually work instead of how people have spent the last 15 years and however many billions of dollars trying to do it. IDK how anyone takes anything that Silicon Valley says seriously anymore. The last thing that I can think of that was both new and actually worked and changed the way that people relate to the world around them was the smartphone. After that it's just poo poo like NFTs, and Segways, and Web3, and Crypto, and Google Glass, and "AI". It's all just scams and bullshit.

Dr. VooDoo posted:

We could make it easier without the sensors and maybe put all the cars together on some type of rail system and then string them together somehow

I, too, have the train madness.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

hello . i am prince elon From South africa . If you send me $8 I Will send You several thousand Dollars later . Please I need your help

ScrubLeague
Feb 11, 2007

Nap Ghost

Beth is always right

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys

Zeroisanumber posted:

It's all just scams and bullshit.

:hfive:

ELTON JOHN
Feb 17, 2014

Zeroisanumber posted:

FSD could work fairly well if we build the infrastructure to make it work well, at least on major roads. Sensors in the road and cameras for the car to navigate by would make the whole thing immensely easier. But everyone wants to just do it by using the car for everything and it doesn't work and probably never will on an open roadway.

fsd is loving stupid because even if it was perfect 99.99999% of the time youd still have to be ready to grab the steering wheel at any moment. gently caress cars

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

replace cars with those pneumatic tubes banks have

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN
Futurama tubes ftw

Vomik
Jul 29, 2003

This post is dedicated to the brave Mujahideen fighters of Afghanistan

Dr. Killjoy posted:

you can tell it's chatgpt because it loves churning out words in the style of a padded response to a college short answer question

Built on the rich corpus of Fiverr-written Amazon affiliate websites, chatGPT is sure to delight

ELTON JOHN
Feb 17, 2014
replace banks and cars with pneumatic tubes

Karia
Mar 27, 2013

Self-portrait, Snake on a Plane
Oil painting, c. 1482-1484
Leonardo DaVinci (1452-1591)

Replace the internet with pneumatic tubes!

Wait, what was that, Ted Stevens? Ah. Never mind, carry on!

Atoramos
Aug 31, 2003

Jim's now a Blind Cave Salamander!

If paying verified users was a sustainable model, they would tell you exactly how much money you were missing out on by not being verified each month.

DeeplyConcerned
Apr 29, 2008

I can fit 3 whole bud light cans now, ask me how!
0 regrets.

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH

Zeroisanumber posted:

Just thinking about how it could actually work instead of how people have spent the last 15 years and however many billions of dollars trying to do it. IDK how anyone takes anything that Silicon Valley says seriously anymore. The last thing that I can think of that was both new and actually worked and changed the way that people relate to the world around them was the smartphone. After that it's just poo poo like NFTs, and Segways, and Web3, and Crypto, and Google Glass, and "AI". It's all just scams and bullshit.

I, too, have the train madness.

Segway was 1999

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

:thunk::mason::brainworms::tinfoil::thunkher:
bares to mention that Segway at the very least had practically ingenious and novel engineering solutions throughout its whole design for what was an incredibly dumb problem

not unlike the juicero for instance

Brimruk
Jun 5, 2009

Dr. Killjoy posted:

bares to mention that Segway at the very least had practically ingenious and novel engineering solutions throughout its whole design for what was an incredibly dumb problem

not unlike the juicero for instance

lmaoooo I’d forgotten about the juicero. making a juicer that only works with specific, bar-coded bags of fruit mush is just *chefs kiss* levels of late stage crapitalizm

that company folded like…instantly right?

Quotey
Aug 16, 2006

We went out for lunch and then we stopped for some bubble tea.
Even if you had proper sensors, mapping and no human drivers so that the current waymo poo poo has perfect autonomous driving, you’re still going to have trouble on rain/ice/snow. That’s actual dangerous stuff. Humans are going to be better at evaluating conditions (eyes) and doing small adjustments for a while at least.

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

Brimruk posted:

lmaoooo I’d forgotten about the juicero. making a juicer that only works with specific, bar-coded bags of fruit mush is just *chefs kiss* levels of late stage crapitalizm

that company folded like…instantly right?

turns out you didn’t need the machine to squeeze out the juice from the proprietary bags

Brimruk
Jun 5, 2009

RandolphCarter posted:

turns out you didn’t need the machine to squeeze out the juice from the proprietary bags

imagine what we could’ve had if all those minds and other resources were devoted to solving actual problems. instead we have apartheid Adam building a death box with no crumple zones

DeeplyConcerned
Apr 29, 2008

I can fit 3 whole bud light cans now, ask me how!

RandolphCarter posted:

they were really before their time. It could've been profitable if they had only waited for the invention of the squeeze-proof bag.

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

Zeroisanumber posted:

the best summary I have heard is that Silicon Valley is obsessed with building helpful things, not useful things.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

https://twitter.com/ericzhu105/status/1682553786487717888?t=IqmFSxshf7zdp_dJocBR2Q&s=19
https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1682940387005026309?t=D7VboMvlj9MlVv-gyP5frQ&s=19

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider
I made this.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

But make sure you sign up so you get paid for your tweets

magiccarpet
Jan 3, 2005

Amazing

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
have they shown any proof that theyve paid people other than the like five that posted photos of their "huge payouts!" cause it sure does sound like your standard pyramid scheme

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

Subscribe to Twitter Blue to unlock the r

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

https://twitter.com/ericzhu105/status/1682951970447843328?t=6wUglx0yEgfkkHt-KAvJdA&s=19

get his rear end

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

eXXon posted:

Subscribe to Twitter Blue to unlock the r

hardest of rs on this website

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

Zeroisanumber posted:

FSD could work fairly well if we build the infrastructure to make it work well, at least on major roads. Sensors in the road and cameras for the car to navigate by would make the whole thing immensely easier. But everyone wants to just do it by using the car for everything and it doesn't work and probably never will on an open roadway.

well if you're putting sensors in the road you could also put in an electrical line so you charge the battery as you drive!!

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

mad?

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

Dr. VooDoo posted:

We could make it easier without the sensors and maybe put all the cars together on some type of rail system and then string them together somehow

woah! incredible!

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

he is on one tonight

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1682964919325724673

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1682965462886535168

bigstupidjellyfish
Oct 25, 2010

I mean he steals, we know that... he also likes to edit out the original author's name, we know that too, but its extra wild for him to do that to tweets on his own platform. he could literally just retweet it! its more work to do what he did!

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Twitter closes at midnight

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

just another epic saturday night at the computer for elon musk

theCalamity
Oct 23, 2010

Cry Havoc and let slip the Hogs of War
https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1682963393131560961?s=46&t=o307xxBiew2hWqLPw2eClA

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.

you won't care

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

The inspiring Social Network movie that made everyone want to be a Zuck gently caress

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

elon musk has not been to the movies in over 11 years

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1682978324375543808?s=20

lmfao