Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

No satire hits like German satire

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

i dont know anything about one piece, what does a cum burger have to do with it

stereobreadsticks
Feb 28, 2008
I hate the trend of pouring sauce all over top bun of an already assembled burger. Put that poo poo inside. I like a messy burger, but you need to at least maintain the fiction that it's a beef patty with various toppings sandwiched between two buns. When you pour molten cheese over the top bun you're rejecting that premise entirely.

maybeadracula
Sep 9, 2022

by sebmojo

stereobreadsticks posted:

I hate the trend of pouring sauce all over top bun of an already assembled burger. Put that poo poo inside. I like a messy burger, but you need to at least maintain the fiction that it's a beef patty with various toppings sandwiched between two buns. When you pour molten cheese over the top bun you're rejecting that premise entirely.

I like to cut a burger in half and dip it into stuff sometimes (bbq sauce, for example)

Covering the bun is just very very stupid

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

where am I supposed to grab?! the whole attraction of the hamburger is in it's shape otherwise I'd be having my meat patty on a plate.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

By popular demand posted:

where am I supposed to grab?! the whole attraction of the hamburger is in it's shape otherwise I'd be having my meat patty on a plate.

Slam your face into it like an animal

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Same with "wet" burritos. The whole idea of a burrito is to be handheld. The hell's the point of the tortilla if you're going to have to eat it with silverware

I feel like "wet" burgers are trying to pull off the same stunt, it makes you feel like you're eating a posh burger somehow

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Agreed, and this is a solved burg problem

Scarodactyl
Oct 22, 2015

Data Graham posted:

Same with "wet" burritos. The whole idea of a burrito is to be handheld. The hell's the point of the tortilla if you're going to have to eat it with silverware
So you're saying you don't like enchiladas.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
chicken burrito drowned in mole negro. looks like someone diarrhea'd on your burrito, real good though.

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

Captain Hygiene posted:

Agreed, and this is a solved burg problem

The text says Japan but the name on the apron is from a hotel in France?

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

When people make a burger that you have to go at with a knife and fork, it turns into a reconstructed casserole.

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

Real bullets mess up how cool this thing looks.

-Blade

Data Graham posted:

I feel like "wet" burgers are trying to pull off the same stunt, it makes you feel like you're eating a posh burger somehow

Eh, I can get behind smothered burritos far easier than I can get behind a smothered burger. There are more interesting sauces available at the places by me, and it would be far too messy to try to fill the burrito with them. It's just a given that it becomes a fork and knife affair.

maybeadracula
Sep 9, 2022

by sebmojo

SlothfulCobra posted:

When people make a burger that you have to go at with a knife and fork, it turns into a reconstructed casserole.

asserole

Calexio
Jun 12, 2008

Gyoza and beer

TontoCorazon posted:

The text says Japan but the name on the apron is from a hotel in France?

There's a container for some kind of cling film or kitchen foil in the background that has katakana on it which would suggest the video's from Japan. Maybe they worked at the French place at some point?

Zero_Grade
Mar 18, 2004

Darktider 🖤🌊

~Neck Angels~

A raw zucc blended in skim milk and served cold on a plate seem way worse.

When you're right, you're right.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

It's definitely a Japanese place, since I posted this a while back

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

angerbot posted:

Battle Zucchini: Put up your DZukes!
Well poo poo guess I've gotta get more zucchini now. Fried some up with diced tomato and furikake a couple of days ago to a delicious result.

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
the default way of eating hamburgers in japan is on a plate w knife and fork and without bread (usually w rice), so that might explain it

stereobreadsticks
Feb 28, 2008

Shooting Blanks posted:

Eh, I can get behind smothered burritos far easier than I can get behind a smothered burger. There are more interesting sauces available at the places by me, and it would be far too messy to try to fill the burrito with them. It's just a given that it becomes a fork and knife affair.

I agree that wet burritos are more acceptable than wet burgers, mostly because drowning them in sauce basically turns them into enchiladas with flour tortillas instead of corn. Enchiladas are better obviously, but that's just because corn tortillas are better than flour. The true Mexican equivalent to the smothered burger is the torta ahogada. I've had a bit from a friend's torta ahogada and I'll admit it tasted pretty good, but I'd never order one myself for the same reason I'd never order a smothered burger. If I buy a sandwich I want to at least be able to pretend I can pick it up and eat it as a sandwich. If it's too messy and I have to eventually resort to a knife and fork, fine, but at least for the first bite I want to be able to pick it up.

stereobreadsticks has a new favorite as of 06:43 on Jul 23, 2023

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

Real bullets mess up how cool this thing looks.

-Blade

stereobreadsticks posted:

I agree that wet burritos are more acceptable than wet burgers, mostly because drowning them in sauce basically turns them into enchiladas with flour tortillas instead of corn. Enchiladas are better obviously, but that's just because corn tortillas are better than flour. The true Mexican equivalent to the smothered burger is the torta ahogada I've had a bit from a friend's torta ahogada and I'll admit it tasted pretty good, but I'd never order one myself for the same reason I'd never order a smothered burger. If I buy a sandwich I want to at least be able to pretend I can pick it up and eat it with a sandwich. If it's too messy and I have to eventually resort to a knife and fork, fine, but at least for the first bite I want to be able to pick it up.

You should see if you can get a pambazo somewhere locally. It's the apex form of tortas.

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!

PurpleXVI posted:

Basically the same, when you get right down to it.

What I'm wondering is what the quantity was, because I can't imagine a measurement of sage that would be remotely comparable to any measurement of sausage that would go into any given dish. Like a tablespoon of sausage??

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

pregnant people snack

Pogonodon
Sep 10, 2010

Sir Lemming posted:

What I'm wondering is what the quantity was, because I can't imagine a measurement of sage that would be remotely comparable to any measurement of sausage that would go into any given dish. Like a tablespoon of sausage??

2 tbsp of sage, so you were really really close.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

Eeeww, the thing about stuffing is that it doesn't cook as much as the rest of the dish which is just what you want for fresh herbs but not for raw ground meat.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Recipes can have little a sausage, as a treat

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

If it was cooked beforehand nobody would probably notice and the idiot would keep on making odd stuffing forever.

DontMockMySmock
Aug 9, 2008

I got this title for the dumbest fucking possible take on sea shanties. Specifically, I derailed the meme thread because sailors in the 18th century weren't woke enough for me, and you shouldn't sing sea shanties. In fact, don't have any fun ever.

Pseudohog
Apr 4, 2007
At the top, the recipe does mention using Italian sausage if you're making dressing instead of stuffing, so I can see where confusion might have occurred.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Lmao

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Well don't you know I'm caught in a trap?

uber_stoat posted:

chicken burrito drowned in mole negro. looks like someone diarrhea'd on your burrito, real good though.

Anything drowned in Mole Negro is delicious.

I'm sad about Tortas, a good Torta is all about the bread, it needs to be that fresh lard bread, with the chewy golden exterior and unbelievably fluffy interior. 75% of places around me get it wrong with some stale bread, or some Mexican Wonder Bread stuff.

Lucky for me, one of the food trucks on rotation at work had fantastic Tortas, with the good bread, and their meats were well seasoned and on point, plus, they had excellent hot sauces.

Anyways, those fuckers removed it from their menu and I don't know where to get good Tortas again.

Gravid Topiary
Feb 16, 2012

PurpleXVI posted:

Basically the same, when you get right down to it.

how much sage did the recipe call for

kare
Mar 19, 2002

Gravid Topiary posted:

how much sage did the recipe call for

2 feet

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos

Eeeww, the thing about stuffing is that it doesn't cook as much as the rest of the dish which is just what you want for fresh herbs but not for raw ground meat.
The recipe linked doesn't stuff the stuffing, which you shouldn't do even if its just sawdust and vegetables because the carcass interior becomes the perfect tepid bacteria breeding ground if not empty enough for convection heat transfer.

A more civilized world would sell thanksgiving roasts pre-spatchcocked. The traditional bird roast is rich people stunting and should go the way of aspics.

Bibliotechno Music
Dec 30, 2008

zedprime posted:

The recipe linked doesn't stuff the stuffing, which you shouldn't do even if its just sawdust and vegetables because the carcass interior becomes the perfect tepid bacteria breeding ground if not empty enough for convection heat transfer.

The way I’ve done it/seen it done is to remove the stuffing after the bird is done or almost done and continue cooking it in a casserole pan, both to bring it up to a safe temp and to get that nice crispy top.

Content! (Which I think I’ve posted before either here or in a previous iteration of this thread)

Pizza lunchables in unflavored gelatin. Made by a friend in my ex-husband’s brass band as some kind of inscrutable joke, actually eaten by people (not by me, thankfully)

Unanimous verdict: it was bad

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

I've never seen it before, that's an aspic for the ages :barf:

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos

Bibliotechno Music posted:

The way I’ve done it/seen it done is to remove the stuffing after the bird is done or almost done and continue cooking it in a casserole pan, both to bring it up to a safe temp and to get that nice crispy top.
Excellent method to have crispy bacteria pee pee and poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

Bread itself is already a product of bacterial waste.