Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

JUNGLE BOY posted:

One year ago today the man responsible for the sport we know and love, Vince McMahon, stepped down and retired, and the Era of HHH began. What are some of your favorite moments from HHH’s WWE?

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT
This vegan brisket is bussin

This is my favorite moment of all time in the fed

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

NorgLyle posted:

Was she intentionally trying to make that move look bad for some reason? Like Shawn Michaels doing the comic oversell for Hogan thing? If so, why? If not, what the gently caress was that?

At first I thought it was supposed to be a counter where Charlotte, like, caught Shirai and tossed her aside until Charlotte "sold" the move by doing a front somersault

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
People would say good things about Charlotte in years prior and for the life of me I've never understood it. I don't give a flip if she can have good matches occasionally--if every other showing from her is dog rear end who even cares?

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

She works for the company where wrestling doesn't matter and she can always be near the belt, if she were Kevin Nash people would be calling her a genius.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

if she occasionally tweeted labor or vaguely good guy stuff in the past 13 years everyone would call her a genius tbh

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

maybe she would also need to say how much she doesn't care about wrestling itself as well. i'm not claiming to know the exact formula but i do think a good portion of hate for her is that she comes across as wanting 'greatest of all time' type recognition, at least in the opinions of many "onliners." thats you guys

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF
Charlotte got a lot of good hype because she showed up and could do handstand flips and wasn't terrible unlike so many children of stars, but then she didn't improve at all for a decade.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Kevin Nash is good, Charlotte is good

this is good

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

Please, this is all I have

TheKingslayer posted:

She works for the company where wrestling doesn't matter and she can always be near the belt, if she were Kevin Nash people would be calling her a genius.
Kevin Nash put people over and didn't intentionally hurt people

edit: maybe she didn't intentionally deadlift Kairi into a table and slap her for being concussed, maybe she's just dumb as hell

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Tampa Bae posted:

Kevin Nash put people over and didn't intentionally hurt people

edit: maybe she didn't intentionally deadlift Kairi into a table and slap her for being concussed, maybe she's just dumb as hell

...are we talking about the same Kevin Nash here?

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Vandar posted:

...are we talking about the same Kevin Nash here?

The doctors that had to fix his knees seven times were never working more or making more money than during that period of time

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Kevin Nash definitely put people over more than someone like Hogan

Nash didn’t give a poo poo about winning as long as he was getting paid

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

Please, this is all I have
The Outsiders would lose a bunch of random matches because neither of them cared about having the titles and in TNA he easily put over the X-Division with the goofy skits.

Kevin Nash lost to Rey Mysterio clean idk what else you want from him

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

He knew that winning gets you more paid and he never put anyone over as Kevin Nash unless it did not matter, until TNA. and in TNA he might have racked up a couple more people than hogan but for much less "impact". no idea where the opposite ideas came from except, again, his reputation as a person doing a shitload of influencing and heavy lifting

nash demasked rey mysterio in a tag match on ppv without even having to work, then rey got to flash pin him and run away on nitro. he was the same thing as triple h except with the desire to be on top for the pay without actually having the working spotlight unless it was to cut a promo. if that rey thing counts as putting somebody over then hogan put over vampiro and kidman, which he didn't even though he lost to them. but he did put over mike awesome and anyone he knew was a big deal

plus nash did intentionally hurt people. he broke a really small guy's neck with a botched powerbomb and everybody ran to his defense acting like it was impossible to hit the move in the first place

Cavauro fucked around with this message at 12:05 on Jul 22, 2023

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

if charlotte were a man, 7 feet tall, wanted to sit down 24 hours a day, had a younger family member die more recently instead of when she was still green, and posted praxis, everyone would be saying Yeah for LA Knight! Let's give it up for LA Knight

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

TheKingslayer posted:

Bad example. Kevin Nash is entertaining. Kevin Nash is charismatic. Kevin Nash is self-aware.

Charlotte is none of these things.

Also, has her character changed/evolved/been tweaked from "haughty princess who thinks she is better than everyone else because of her pedigree, and can back it up in the ring"? As far as I know there has been absolutely no growth or change in that area.

And this is a personal preference, so is extremely subjective. But her promos suck arse, and are the opposite of compelling or interesting. At least the few I have seen. Once again, personal preference, and I haven't seen many Charlotte promos/interviews.

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
Kevin Nash booked himself to end Goldberg’s streak.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Julio Cruz posted:

:woop:

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Julio Cruz posted:

It might have been Eric Bischoff. At the very least it was done with Eric Bischoff's blessing.

The Death of WCW posted:

And then there was the main event. Goldberg destroyed Nash for a long time until both Disco Inferno and Bam Bam Bigelow ran in. Both were slaughtered. Then, as both Goldberg and the referee were distracted, Scott Hall snuck in and zapped Goldberg with a cattle prod. You read that right, a cattle prod. Nash delivered a formerly banned powerbomb and got the pin.

The streak was over—in more ways than one.

When Kevin Nash beat Bill Goldberg to end the legendary win streak, there were basically two schools of thought. The vast minority, consisting of Kevin Nash, his close friends, and immediate family, thought that it was a great idea. To the majority, however, it was really stupid. At the time, however, nobody grasped it for what it really was: the beginning of the end of WCW.

“When they ended Goldberg’s streak, it was the biggest mistake that company ever made,” recounted WCW announcer Bobby Heenan in an interview years later. “The fans weren’t tired of him—they were buying tickets to see him, buying his shirts, chanting his name. But some people didn’t care about that.”

Kevin Sullivan agreed: “It was like the Titanic hitting the iceberg. I can tell you the exact night [WCW died]. Goldberg getting beat by Kevin Nash. Goldberg, his matches, they looked semi-real. We drew a [near] million dollar house on free TV, 43,000 people there. I went to Eric and said, ‘Please do not beat him.’ He said, ‘People are going to get sick of him winning and they’re going to turn against him.’ I said, ‘We got a million dollars out there!’ And they showed that tape over and over again. We had the golden goose and we strangled it.”

I have no idea how the gently caress these morons ever managed to book successful shows.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

BrigadierSensible posted:

Bad example. Kevin Nash is entertaining. Kevin Nash is charismatic. Kevin Nash is self-aware.

Charlotte is none of these things.

Also, has her character changed/evolved/been tweaked from "haughty princess who thinks she is better than everyone else because of her pedigree, and can back it up in the ring"? As far as I know there has been absolutely no growth or change in that area.

And this is a personal preference, so is extremely subjective. But her promos suck arse, and are the opposite of compelling or interesting. At least the few I have seen. Once again, personal preference, and I haven't seen many Charlotte promos/interviews.

Nope. Hell her promo when she returned last month or so was basically: "I am Charlotte Flair, I don't earn title shots. I demand them because of who I am. Non-title matches are below me, the other women can just get in line until I am done going after the title."

And WWE expected everyone to cheer for her after that. There's a reason why Sasha/Mercedes, Becky, and Bayley are more well liked by wrestling fans. They are nowhere near as egotistical as Charlotte.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

Julio Cruz posted:

maybe she didn't book it herself but asukas streak ended at the hands of Charlotte and then asuka thanked her in the ring for it lol

its hard to think of anyone else who's regressed as hard as Charlotte has, esp with her level of exposure. she really was quite good once upon a time!!

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

History Comes Inside! posted:

Nash didn’t give a poo poo about winning as long as he was getting paid

Lol the guy was known to not show up or get ‘injured” for matches he was booked to lose. Love him but cmon now.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

shiksa posted:

maybe she didn't book it herself but asukas streak ended at the hands of Charlotte and then asuka thanked her in the ring for it lol

its hard to think of anyone else who's regressed as hard as Charlotte has, esp with her level of exposure. she really was quite good once upon a time!!

I think you can pinpoint the exact moment Charlotte started regressing massively, and it was when Becky got more over than her, and the fans booed the everliving hell out of Charlotte winning in that triple threat at Summerslam against Becky and Carmella. And instead of pivoting, WWE kept trying to act like Charlotte was the huge valiant babyface who had to fight for her opportunities.

DarkstarIV fucked around with this message at 14:11 on Jul 22, 2023

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Well, I’ll say my favorite moment then. Mine is Johnny Gargano’s return. The crowd cheered really loudly for him

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

JUNGLE BOY posted:

Well, I’ll say my favorite moment then. Mine is Johnny Gargano’s return. The crowd cheered really loudly for him

Mine is when that little logo at the end of the show plays. Because that means it's done.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

A lot of the clips of the Tribal Chief stuff I’ve watched have been cool. Sami Zayn turning against Roman, him and Owens winning the tag titles, all good stuff from what I’ve seen.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

TheKingslayer posted:

Mine is when that little logo at the end of the show plays. Because that means it's done.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

ARMBAR A COP posted:

For those of you not watching get this

lol

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

The series finale for WWE positivity posting

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

My favorite part of the show is when Charlotte appears because it means we get another manifesto here

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

It might have been Eric Bischoff. At the very least it was done with Eric Bischoff's blessing.

I have no idea how the gently caress these morons ever managed to book successful shows.

hmm maybe that was something he just politicked for then

there was definitely a time when he booked himself to get the title, that might have been later on after one of the times Russo got fired

TheCool69
Sep 23, 2011
Not sure where else to post this but since title has Hitler on it and former WWF "name" and neo-nazi Tony Halme is featured in this, hell why not.

I was reading Observer Rewind 1995 and it had mention of "fake ufc" ppv event called Fight Zone... and my god we have the full show...

Basically it was sold as real underground fights but was actually stunt fights with fake blood and fake crowd (sound familiar?)

Hell Halme wins the match with DDT

But this poo poo is crazy awful good. 90 Van Damme fights, vagually racist gimmicks (latino street thug?) And truly awful commentating.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kH2VODfVmGI

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

1glitch0 posted:

Charlotte got a lot of good hype because she showed up and could do handstand flips and wasn't terrible unlike so many children of stars, but then she didn't improve at all for a decade.

There's also a lot of the regular resentment and pushback against her, deserved-or-otherwise, based on her being booked the same way that Homer coached Bart's football team. It's just that while Cena did eventually get better (and I'd argue was much better than he was often made out to be in the mid-2000s), like you've said, Charlotte has basically stagnated as a wrestler, not to mention that there's evidence that people really don't want to see her at all. Hasn't she regularly been ratings poison when she deigns to turn up and get herself shoehorned into the title picture?

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

This snapped Charlotte's brain in half and she basically stopped trying after that.

Which is funny, because this came just a few months after Ronda's brain snapped in half from something pretty similar (her getting booed after Charlotte beat the crap out of her). Basically, they were penciled in for the main event of WM35 a year ahead of time, but Becky got way more over than either of them in the intervening months, the audience roundly rejected both Charlotte and Ronda as a result and boy oh boy did neither one of them take it well.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

Nash's maintained he didn't book that, because it made him look like poo poo. And he's right, it didn't gain anyone anything.

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

MJeff posted:

This snapped Charlotte's brain in half and she basically stopped trying after that.

Which is funny, because this came just a few months after Ronda's brain snapped in half from something pretty similar (her getting booed after Charlotte beat the crap out of her). Basically, they were penciled in for the main event of WM35 a year ahead of time, but Becky got way more over than either of them in the intervening months, the audience roundly rejected both Charlotte and Ronda as a result and boy oh boy did neither one of them take it well.

I can't even blame her in this context. When you'll never be any less or any more than what you are, why try?

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Nia Jax concussing Becky and breaking her nose was quite the butterfly effect for the women’s division.

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

MJeff posted:

I'm gonna blame that one unconfirmed rumor that someone was filming her back stage without consent or punishment.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

TheCool69 posted:

Not sure where else to post this but since title has Hitler on it and former WWF "name" and neo-nazi Tony Halme is featured in this, hell why not.

I was reading Observer Rewind 1995 and it had mention of "fake ufc" ppv event called Fight Zone... and my god we have the full show...

Basically it was sold as real underground fights but was actually stunt fights with fake blood and fake crowd (sound familiar?)

Hell Halme wins the match with DDT

But this poo poo is crazy awful good. 90 Van Damme fights, vagually racist gimmicks (latino street thug?) And truly awful commentating.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kH2VODfVmGI

This rocks.