Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

Violen posted:

whats everyone gaming tonight

The usual Warframe grind but also playing further along in Casette Beasts, just trying to five star everything I record occasionally stumbling upon the main plot. The soundtrack is still mostly meh but I ended not disabling vocals in the end.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
im watching the sopranos instead of gaming

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
love that tony

FirstnameLastname
Jul 10, 2022

Violen posted:

i started playing StarCraft 2 again recently after quitting before the first xpack

still a great game. love fo win & no other game feels as good to win

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

sc2 felt really good to play in the campaign

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos
I'm playing melee, it's the onyl game with princess peach AND rollback netcode. Rivals of Aether has a Rockstar Rat that's also good, but fewer people play that one.

FirstnameLastname
Jul 10, 2022

SirSamVimes posted:

sc2 felt really good to play in the campaign

the terran one was okay but zerg ones prolly most fun rts campaign ive ever played, haven't done rhe third one yet

1v1 & 2v,2 mps the best tho

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

I'm trying Hearts of Iron Kaiserreich with my friend for the first time and I keep accidentally unlocking OP cheesy events and destroying him. Just beat his Bulgaria down with an event that instantly allies Serbia with Romania and Greece then declares war in like...1936.

This is after he attempted to invade the US as Soviet Mexico and I stumbled across an event that invites all the other South American countries to invade Mexico.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

The Saddest Rhino posted:

Catching up but you know how the mk games just were some white kids making up Chinese names but hsu hao has always been the one to confuse me because it reads like 梳好 which means "[hair] combed well" and that dude is a bald leather daddy
they had to change shredder's real name (saki) in the jp dubs of teenage mutant ninja turtles because saki is a girl's name

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

frankly i would have just had the turtles make fun of him for having a girl's name

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>

FirstnameLastname posted:

i started playing StarCraft 2 again recently after quitting before the first xpack

still a great game. love fo win & no other game feels as good to win

the not-a-sequel-sequel to that is in closed alpha rn btw. idk if the rts genre actually can be brought back to life, but holy gently caress I'd love for that to happen

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003

Spanish Manlove posted:

I was playing battlebit. You know how there's proximity voice chat and you can talk when you're dead? I love it. There hasn't been those toxic interactions that devs are so wary of that they won't even let you have text chat even with your own team in most games. It's been fun and good spirited. Well, when I was playing today, I accidentally rounded a corner into a bunch of enemies they then dragged my corpse around and started trying to ask where the rest of my team was. However, my cat decided to answer for me as he was howling so I pressed the push to talk key and said "hold on my cat has something to say"

Thing is, about two hours earlier my cat, Gustavo, had a seizure. He has these about once a month and they're often triggered by clicking or clacking sounds, like in this case when I was putting food in his bowl. It's alarming but not a huge deal, since I just take him to the bath tub and hold him down so he doesn't hurt himself. If he pees himself I'll give him a quick bath and blow dry. Anyway, after big seizures you'll go into a post-ictal state where you're extremely disoriented and confused. Gustavo will lay down in the bathtub for a bit then wander around the house howling, poop somewhere odd like on a dresser, then continue to howl and wander around. The vet says this is normal and to just barricade the stairs and cover the toilet so he doesn't hurt himself on accident. After about 3 hours he'll calm down and go back to his bed and go to sleep.

Well anyway, the enemy team went from trying to roleplay as tough mercs to immediately breaking character when gustavo came on the mic. He is loud enough that the mic will pick him up. It was very wholesome and we all got a kick out of the timing and interaction of it all. Also gustavo is fine now, he's back asleep like usual

:3:

battlebit fuckin owns for stuff like this and I'm glad your cat is feeling better. it is wild how wholesome the interactions actually are compared to, like, every other fps I've ever played. I've heard dudes melt down maybe two or three total times compared to the hundreds of times I've heard some middle aged southern guy going 'aw gawd damnit ya got me.'

the goon discord was experimenting making forts in bb today and I figured they'd be pretty pointless, but no, they're actually impossible to wipe a full clan squad from

also this is battlebit.jpg

Violen
Jul 25, 2009

ohoho~
https://i.imgur.com/gkMR6fD.mp4

my loving hands are going to fall off

Farg
Nov 19, 2013

qnqnx posted:

The usual Warframe grind but also playing further along in Casette Beasts, just trying to five star everything I record occasionally stumbling upon the main plot. The soundtrack is still mostly meh but I ended not disabling vocals in the end.

the ost kicks rear end. get your ears replaced with hands

FirstnameLastname
Jul 10, 2022

Herstory Begins Now posted:

the not-a-sequel-sequel to that is in closed alpha rn btw. idk if the rts genre actually can be brought back to life, but holy gently caress I'd love for that to happen

what's it called i haven't heard of nothin

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003

FirstnameLastname posted:

what's it called i haven't heard of nothin

https://store.steampowered.com/app/2012510/Stormgate/

the studio, frost giant, is almost entirely blizz rts people and they got $35m of funding so far to make the game

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Violen posted:

DOOM II, on UV as immortal time-bending prime deity of programming john carmack intended

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

it's the right thing to do

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

I'm playing some more Remnant 2, and my dog continues to be MVP

womb with a view
Sep 8, 2007

I've actually been having a lot of fun with the Story of Seasons AWL remake. It's not perfect but it has a lot of what I loved about the original with some good QoL improvements

UwUnabomber
Sep 9, 2012

Pubes dreaded out so hoes call me Chris Barnes. I don't wear a condom at the pig farm.
Space Warlord Organ Trading Simulator and reading some comics.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Violen posted:

i jumped back into that strawberry jam mod collab for celeste earlier this evening after leaving it off for zelda season and shits getting really wild now

https://i.imgur.com/YPrUJ3Q.mp4

Binging the poo poo out of Rimworld

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь
It's disconcerting when you join a match of battlebit and your entire team is making monkey noises

a strange fowl
Oct 27, 2022

gustavo :unsmith:

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Herstory Begins Now posted:

:3:

battlebit fuckin owns for stuff like this and I'm glad your cat is feeling better. it is wild how wholesome the interactions actually are compared to, like, every other fps I've ever played. I've heard dudes melt down maybe two or three total times compared to the hundreds of times I've heard some middle aged southern guy going 'aw gawd damnit ya got me.'

the goon discord was experimenting making forts in bb today and I figured they'd be pretty pointless, but no, they're actually impossible to wipe a full clan squad from

also this is battlebit.jpg

I ran into a guy laying claymores and we both died. I asked "did your claymore kill you too?" And he laughs and says yes. I say "I didn't know that could happen" and he says "looks like it does" and we both laugh. Then we both cordially say goodbye to each other and hammer the respawn button.

It's such a breath of fresh air compared to the past 8 years of sterilized multiplayer experiences

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Violen posted:

they added some old cards to MTG Arena and so I'm playing this maze's end deck and it's super fun. but the addition of orcish bowmasters and the one ring to the game is just the worst bullshit and really makes some matchups super unfun

Violen posted:

https://i.imgur.com/gkMR6fD.mp4

my loving hands are going to fall off
this is stressful just looking at

Cranappleberry
Jan 27, 2009

Captain Invictus posted:

they added some old cards to MTG Arena and so I'm playing this maze's end deck and it's super fun. but the addition of orcish bowmasters and the one ring to the game is just the worst bullshit and really makes some matchups super unfun

Celeste, Pizza Tower and Hollow Knight all seem to be really fun and I'm not a fan of platformers

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
pizza tower is insanely good in every way yes, phenomenal controls and platforming, phenomenal music, phenomenal aesthetic, tons of secrets, it's a perfect package

been jamming to the music for months now, it's all just so good
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G7zZ8RyMk7I

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Captain Invictus posted:

I took the Galadriel precon and turned it into Elven Politics where I try to buy votes using group hug effects like howling mine etc. If people don't vote with me then I destroy my own poo poo in spite. Also I have about 8 counterspells and a ton of removal, as with politics you want some control to strongarm people. I took it to an LGS on Thursday and had an insane game that was a ton of fun as all I wanted to do was draw a ton of cards and make a large angry elven queen. Still lost to a guy comboing off with extremely meta cards but I didn't care about winning, I was having fun.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Captain Invictus posted:

pizza tower is insanely good in every way yes, phenomenal controls and platforming, phenomenal music, phenomenal aesthetic, tons of secrets, it's a perfect package

been jamming to the music for months now, it's all just so good
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G7zZ8RyMk7I

what going into a pizza trance looks like

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
yeah he's been pumping them out but I can't blame him since the music is extremely coverable and also gets huge amounts of views

hell, with his repertoire, I wouldn't be surprised if the pizza tower guys asked him to make a cover album, much like toby fox had him make an undertale cover album. his covers are the best of the ones I've heard, and his pizza tower ones also have the added bonus of him flexing about his cooking skill where he makes food while the song plays

Spanish Manlove posted:

I took the Galadriel precon and turned it into Elven Politics where I try to buy votes using group hug effects like howling mine etc. If people don't vote with me then I destroy my own poo poo in spite. Also I have about 8 counterspells and a ton of removal, as with politics you want some control to strongarm people. I took it to an LGS on Thursday and had an insane game that was a ton of fun as all I wanted to do was draw a ton of cards and make a large angry elven queen. Still lost to a guy comboing off with extremely meta cards but I didn't care about winning, I was having fun.
commander, I assume? I don't play it, only regular 1v1 mtg, I feel like more than that would get too stressful for me. regular magic is already stupidly complicated.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
Commander feels more like smash bros where you turn your brain off and have fun as you get nothing for winning and the purpose is supposed to be casual (except a lot of people play non-casual poo poo but that's another story). 1v1 is where you actually have to pay attention to things as your whole goal is to win, and that's more stressful to me

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
the only thing that bothers me is when I get matched up against the same deck over and over. rakdos midrange is the current problem, until they inevitably ban or nerf the two cards I posted, then it will just go from stupidly powerful to moderately broken again.

I guess I'll have to give commander a shot sometime, I like historic brawl a bunch.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
It depends on the store too, some scenes are more fun than others. Your issue of seeing the same deck time after time doesn't change (I'm sick of seeing malestrom wanderer and any other deck on the most popular list on edhrec/mtggoldfish) and some dudes only ever want to play the most top tier net deck meta stuff with the ubiquitous cards that slot into every deck. Or some guys make jank that somehow works exceedingly well that use sub-dollar cards no one cared about in an odd interaction that only really works in that specific scenario.

It's supposed to be more social and as a whole it is as no one should get salty about things because it's meant to be like smash bros with the items on. But the whole experience still falls into some of the pitfalls any social nerd hobby does where the anti-social or socially inept guys make it not fun for people.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

like a dragon: ishin has a time-to-baka-mitai duration of about an hour and a half, despite being set in the 1860s. this is the only metric by which yakuza games should be ranked and it's why 0 is at the top

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp
i love yakuza but i use the time-to-this-song metric:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ZZN8pdoHFA

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Last night I played some Diablo II: Eastern Sun. Astryl the games IK has been hosting the server for a while, it's extremely good if you like complicated and finicky arpgs that make you insanely powerful.

There's a few banner ads up for it, check it out it's fun.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
playing diablo 2 on hardcore and losing my motherfucking mind when i die to the dumbest poo poo in the world

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

playing diablo 2 on hardcore and losing my motherfucking mind when i die to the dumbest poo poo in the world

I remember dying on my hammerdin at the run-up to the final boss fight in hardcore and immediately uninstalling the game and never playing it again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003