Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
Thought I might ask here as well, since streaming is a common use case:

Has anyone gotten playable Steam Link performance with both the client and the host computers connected via wifi? For me, it'll be "good enough" for a while, but doesn't take long for performance to degrade (even if it does recover), and the latency will be very inconsistent.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

well i am australian..

IG-88
Apr 21, 2019

What kind of shipping is Temu using that they have all of this shipping info that USPS doesn’t? I thought this stuff was coming to us from Queens? Their shipping says my package arrived at the destination airport just now (left yesterday afternoon)

(Ordered 7/16)

I just wanna know what airport!!

IG-88 fucked around with this message at 16:40 on Jul 20, 2023

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"

IG-88 posted:

What kind of shipping is Temu using that they have all of this shipping info that USPS doesn’t? I thought this stuff was coming to us from Queens? Their shipping says my package arrived at the destination airport just now (left yesterday afternoon)

(Ordered 7/16)

I just wanna know what airport!!

USPS gets control when it enters the USA via Queens, probably in China Post rn

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
Booooo no T618 :(

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020
My last 2 Temu orders, 4 days from order to airport, another 4-5 day to the door. Their own warehouse is in Swedeboro NJ not in NY.

stephenthinkpad fucked around with this message at 18:39 on Jul 20, 2023

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
Retroid Pocket 3 Plus

Maybe someone can help me out here before I go insane.

I am trying to find a wireless controller that will work properly with PS1 games. I am mostly using RetroArch right now.

I have two PS4 controllers that connect to the RP3+ with their bluetooth fine. They show up as "Wireless Controller" in Android.

The buttons are all backwards in the games. RetroArch does not see the controller directly, it only sees RetroPad. Even after downloading the gamepad support files, etc. I cannot seem to remap the buttons. It's maddening this just doesn't just work. Android doesn't allow you to remap controllers. I tried an app that is supposed to allow you, but it doesn't seem to do jack and poo poo. Why.

I am ready to buy the 8BitDo, but for $50 bucks, and it doesn't even have the playstation buttons with the shapes, it seems like a waste. I need those shapes on the buttons or I just get lost because im dumb and stupid and dumb. I also don't know if it will just work out of the box with X on the bottom button.

I don't know why this is so hard to do for a dedicated gaming device. This poo poo should just work.

The ultimate goal is to use the HDMI out and play some PS games with the wife using the PS4 controllers but I want to smash things. Dont make me go and buy the actual consoles.

Philthy fucked around with this message at 22:00 on Jul 20, 2023

REMEMBER SPONGE MONKEYS
Oct 3, 2003

What do you think it means, bitch?
Any thoughts X55 vs a refurb(-ish)Vita? The latter probably slightly more expensive, I’m not at all familiar with older hardware.

Sailor Goon
Feb 21, 2012

Philthy posted:

Retroid Pocket 3 Plus

I am trying to find a wireless controller that will work properly with PS1 games. I am mostly using RetroArch right now.

I have two PS4 controllers that connect to the RP3+ with their bluetooth fine. They show up as "Wireless Controller" in Android.

The buttons are all backwards in the games. RetroArch does not see the controller directly, it only sees RetroPad. Even after downloading the gamepad support files, etc. I cannot seem to remap the buttons. It's maddening this just doesn't just work. Android doesn't allow you to remap controllers. I tried an app that is supposed to allow you, but it doesn't seem to do jack and poo poo. Why.

I am ready to buy the 8BitDo, but for $50 bucks, and it doesn't even have the playstation buttons with the shapes, it seems like a waste. I need those shapes on the buttons or I just get lost because im dumb and stupid and dumb. I also don't know if it will just work out of the box with X on the bottom button.

I don't know why this is so hard to do for a dedicated gaming device. This poo poo should just work.

The ultimate goal is to use the HDMI out and play some PS games with the wife using the PS4 controllers but I want to smash things. Dont make me go and buy the actual consoles.

one thing you could do if you buy the 8BitDo, and I know this might sound dumb so sorry in advance, is draw the PlayStation shapes above the proper buttons with a sharpie or something

you could also maybe get custom PS themed buttons on Etsy or something but that makes it pricier and idk if you’re comfortable with opening a controller up to swap buttons.

No experience with controller mapping apps on Android, and loving with RetroArch makes my brain explode, but maybe someone will have a better suggestion

Original_Z
Jun 14, 2005
Z so good
Has anyone transferred stuff from one Retroid to another? I have a 2+ and the 2S interests me, can I just move the SD card and everything will be ready to go?

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2

Original_Z posted:

Has anyone transferred stuff from one Retroid to another? I have a 2+ and the 2S interests me, can I just move the SD card and everything will be ready to go?
IIRC as long as you set up your roms to be on the SD card you can just plug that card into the new device, but you will still have to set up the Rom paths and all the emulators and all their settings all over again on the new device. Also all the box art is stored on the device itself inside the RetroidLauncher folder, so that doesn't transfer over with the SD card either.

Lamont
Mar 31, 2007
Who knows what evil lurks in the hearts of men?
Is the 2S likely to be able to do N64/Dreamcast well? I don't own a Retroid device yet but might pull the trigger for this one

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

It's probably going to be very similar in performance to the RP3+ based off the chip specs and that does N64 and Dreamcast perfectly. From what I can tell the T610 is just a T618 with lower clock speeds intended for smaller devices and the T618 itself is apparently getting hard to get so we might end up forced to move to another chip for Android handhelds pretty soon.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Philthy posted:

Retroid Pocket 3 Plus

Check the handheld settings menu and see if you're on Retro or Xbox style, aka is the bottom button confirm? If it's not, a bunch of controllers will flip A/B and X/Y or Cross/Circle and Square/Triangle in the Playstation case. I use Xbox style and my 8bitdo Pro 2 in D-Input mode functions just like the 3+'s own buttons do when connected to the TV.

Vakal
May 11, 2008
Not a handheld, but here's something that's looking good for anyone that likes lightgun games.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J_Gp5HtfsA0

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:
https://twitter.com/analogue/status/1682430522989879307

Guess we'll see how true that is, but nice to see they actually say something.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
When they said that last year the ebay reseller prices fell sharply so look out for that

otter
Jul 23, 2007

Ask me about my XCOM and controller collection

word.

8-bit Miniboss posted:

https://twitter.com/analogue/status/1682430522989879307

Guess we'll see how true that is, but nice to see they actually say something.

Now if only Polymega would get off their dead asses and ship a few boxes.

IG-88
Apr 21, 2019

Got my Temu order in. Apparently whatever bag they sent it in got so hosed up the local post office had to repack it. It’s all good and in working order so far so thankfully no damage on the way over. Getting Onion installed now.

Edit: Everything installed and taken care of within the hour. This little fucker is impressive.

Edit 2: The catch is the battery life isn’t it? Lol

IG-88 fucked around with this message at 21:49 on Jul 21, 2023

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

otter posted:

Now if only Polymega would get off their dead asses and ship a few boxes.

They'll get right on that after they're done with their team up with atari and the groundbreaking atari vcs!

Squinky v2.0
Nov 16, 2006

Behind you! A three headed monkey!

College Slice

IG-88 posted:

Got my Temu order in. Apparently whatever bag they sent it in got so hosed up the local post office had to repack it. It’s all good and in working order so far so thankfully no damage on the way over. Getting Onion installed now.

Edit: Everything installed and taken care of within the hour. This little fucker is impressive.

Edit 2: The catch is the battery life isn’t it? Lol

The battery life is not excellent, but turning down the screen brightness helps a LOT

IG-88
Apr 21, 2019

I think that makes me feel glad I didn’t go for the more expensive units for Dreamcast support and what not. Battery life must be rough there too.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

I will say the Analogue Pocket's battery life is loving stellar on standby time when it comes to games loaded through the openFPGA. Have had Oracle of Seasons loaded for weeks and I haven't touched it for a while due to FF16 and other thing and the battery counter has barely ticked over. Think carts are not as efficient however.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
The pocket goes fully off in suspend mode it just saves a state and auto loads it once turned on it’s neat. I brought mine on an international flight recently and the battery really impressed me

coconono
Aug 11, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
I think retroid has a zillion chips and cases they're trying to offload so expect a powkiddy-esque lineup by the end of the year

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

Booted up the Miyoo Mini+ for the first time confirm the FW on it as per the Onion OS instructions. Had a little bit of a chuckle to myself that the stock firmware uses the PS Vita's Playstation Store theme song.

The Vita means life.

8-bit Miniboss fucked around with this message at 06:39 on Jul 22, 2023

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

8-bit Miniboss posted:

Booted up the Miyoo Mini+ for the first time confirm the FW on it as per the Onion OS instructions. Had a little bit of a chuckle to myself that the stock firmware uses the PS Vita's Playstation Store theme song.

The Vita means life.

i forgot that was a thing

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.
What's the current recommendation for GBA SP form factor hardware? I see the powkiddy which looks pretty decent.

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Wait a few months. Miyoo has been working on one that's going to blow Powkiddy's out of the water

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Yeah in clamshells everyone's really chasing the DS form factor so there's plenty of space for the Miyoo Flip to have the world to itself if it actually comes out any time soon.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Hopefully the hinge is solid

endocriminologist
May 17, 2021

SUFFERINGLOVER:press send + soul + earth lol
inncntsoul:ok

(inncntsoul has left the game)

ARCHON_MASTER:lol
MAMMON69:lol

flavor.flv posted:

Wait a few months. Miyoo has been working on one that's going to blow Powkiddy's out of the water

This is insanely cute wtf

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020
Miyoo is making a mistake of releasing a drawing of a prototype ahead of the release. They are going to be beaten to the punch by an Anbernic RG305SP or Retroid RP2SP.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

That prototype image came out months and months ago, if anyone was going to beat them to it they would've done it by now.

The_White_Crane
May 10, 2008

endocriminologist posted:

This is insanely cute wtf

I would genuinely prefer it without the analogue sticks. They look monstrously uncomfortable, and like, 95% of the titles you are going to play on that won't need them anyway.

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Well my first order from temu never showed up, apparently they're sending a new one

Kikuchiyo
Apr 24, 2003

Shuttle of joy never forget.

flavor.flv posted:

Well my first order from temu never showed up, apparently they're sending a new one

Rolling the dice on a $26 Miyoo mini plus over here, guess we’ll see how my luck is!

otter
Jul 23, 2007

Ask me about my XCOM and controller collection

word.

Kikuchiyo posted:

Rolling the dice on a $26 Miyoo mini plus over here, guess we’ll see how my luck is!

i just cannot get one of those deals.
I must have to create a new account to do it because uninstalling does not work for me.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

I got mine just before the weekend. Was a little perturbed it was in a wrapped styrofoam box. Felt like I ordered something from Silk Road by mistake. :stare:

At least it was the MM+ as advertised and works just fine. Might make for a nice little work distraction I can keep in the drawer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

quote:

The RP2S launch is upon us! In less than two hours, the sale link will go live! This is the long awaited update to the RP2+!

Features include:
Analogue L2/R2
3D Hall effect sticks, with concave caps.
Improved screen with increased brightness. No flickering on low brightness setting.
Dome Dpad and membrane ABXY buttons. Just like the RP3+
Android system physical buttons (Home/Back)
The Unisoc T610 delivers a much more powerful performance than RP2+
Now, this wouldn’t be a Retroid product, without a fantastic price! The RP2S is priced to start from $99! Pre-orders begin on 7/24/23 at 9pm est. Orders made from 7/25-8/15 will receive a free screen protector. We expect shipments to begin on 8/10/23. Our dedicated team is always working tirelessly, to ensure swift delivery, to our valued customers.