Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Not as strong as you'd expect.
It depends on the driver. Some are relatively normal, like Dr Stewart. Then there's people like Black Shadow, Super/Ms Arrow, and Deathborne. And everything in between, They were filling out a massive roster for X, and added even more for GX/AX.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Die Rettung fuer die Landwirte:

Naturally.

Angry Diplomat
Nov 7, 2009

Winner of the TSR Memorial Award for Excellence In Grogging

Bloodly posted:

It depends on the driver. Some are relatively normal, like Dr Stewart. Then there's people like Black Shadow, Super/Ms Arrow, and Deathborne. And everything in between, They were filling out a massive roster for X, and added even more for GX/AX.

F-Zero lore is so loving balls-to-the-wall insane, I love it. You've got an evil omnicidal intergalactic cyborg clown on combat drugs, and he's in a room with a haunted skeleton drag racer, a fat android with a moustache, an anime nerd mercenary, a UN field medic, somebody's girlfriend, a jazz singer, a bounty hunter, the bounty hunter's evil mirror universe clone, the Power Rangers villain who made the evil mirror universe clone, and two weird guys in a pod racer. They drive cars around and sometimes explode.

At one point, more or less unrelated to all this, the bounty hunter encounters a sadistic god who massacred an entire dimension by forcing every single person to death-race him until nobody was left, and of course they immediately have a death-race.

Absolutely unhinged game series, it's like if every Saturday morning cartoon ever made got together to snort cocaine and start an illegal street racing tournament. loving love F-Zero, we need more of that kind of unapologetic batshit maximalism (especially in mods; it's literally never not funny to me when Captain Falcon gets modded into other poo poo)

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)
I feel like Platinum could make a good F-Zero, they're all about ridiculous maximalism.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Philippe posted:

I feel like Platinum could make a good F-Zero, they're all about ridiculous maximalism.

I didn't know I want this so badly til this very moment :stwoon:.

TGLT
Aug 14, 2009
Nah, give it to the Redout people.

Dirk the Average
Feb 7, 2012

"This may have been a mistake."

Angry Diplomat posted:

F-Zero lore is so loving balls-to-the-wall insane, I love it. You've got an evil omnicidal intergalactic cyborg clown on combat drugs, and he's in a room with a haunted skeleton drag racer, a fat android with a moustache, an anime nerd mercenary, a UN field medic, somebody's girlfriend, a jazz singer, a bounty hunter, the bounty hunter's evil mirror universe clone, the Power Rangers villain who made the evil mirror universe clone, and two weird guys in a pod racer. They drive cars around and sometimes explode.

At one point, more or less unrelated to all this, the bounty hunter encounters a sadistic god who massacred an entire dimension by forcing every single person to death-race him until nobody was left, and of course they immediately have a death-race.

Absolutely unhinged game series, it's like if every Saturday morning cartoon ever made got together to snort cocaine and start an illegal street racing tournament. loving love F-Zero, we need more of that kind of unapologetic batshit maximalism (especially in mods; it's literally never not funny to me when Captain Falcon gets modded into other poo poo)

F-Zero GX is still my favorite racing game to this day. It has such a good sense of speed, a great risk-reward mechanic with destroying other racers, and, as you mentioned, an absolutely batshit insane cast that, by the way, each have their own music video. Oh, and custom parts to make your own vehicles if you didn't get what you wanted out of literally everything else.

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?
STORY MODE CHAPTER SEVEN

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

https://twitter.com/Shoyoumomo_/status/1682774947633025024

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

what a thread :allears:

https://twitter.com/HomieInaHoodie/status/1682818694190182401

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

Angry Diplomat posted:

Okay, yeah, I need Captain Falcon Super Mutant Suiciders to go with my Randy Savage Deathclaws.

https://twitter.com/makeupafgplayer/status/1682821038243971073?t=TbhqNaxTaRwmCw0o6B7ecQ&s=19

Gynovore
Jun 17, 2009

Forget your RoboCoX or your StickyCoX or your EvilCoX, MY CoX has Blinking Bewbs!

WHY IS THIS GAME DEAD?!
Eagerly awaiting what the Open Cities people do with Starfield.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Gynovore posted:

Eagerly awaiting what the Open Cities people do with Starfield.

Everyone suffocates as the space station's hull is removed.

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

Now we need a mod that adds Jordans to every barefoot character.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

I'm waiting on the counter mod that gives Juri those running shoes that just look like feet anyway

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Dareon posted:

Okay, yeah, I need Captain Falcon Super Mutant Suiciders to go with my Randy Savage Deathclaws.

https://twitter.com/makeupafgplayer/status/1682821038243971073?t=TbhqNaxTaRwmCw0o6B7ecQ&s=19

idgi won what

Orv
May 4, 2011
The Feet War

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Wasabi the J posted:

idgi won what

people who are either not into feet or don't want to admit they're into feet are super angry at the existence of Quentin Tarantino Designed Juri.

So now she has her feet covered by sick kicks.

Magmarashi
May 20, 2009

God forbid women have anything

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

sound on https://twitter.com/NrenFRFX/status/1682779678539481089?s=20

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

the hands and feet of street fighter 4+ characters create unrealistic body image

Doc Hawkins fucked around with this message at 05:38 on Jul 23, 2023

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

I've seen maybe 30 minutes of SF6 gameplay, and even I noticed how much the game appears to love that character's feet. That said, is it any worse than Chun-Li's hips or Cammy's rear end? I dunno. Fight about it I guess.

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

https://twitter.com/Dyvone/status/1682854659927449600?s=20

https://twitter.com/DRKToss/status/1682859368688111620?s=20

https://twitter.com/NotLxnly/status/1682879791484088328?s=20

im having fun...reading Twitter?!?

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

Wait, creasing? Are shoe wrinkles something people care about?

Orv
May 4, 2011

Skippy McPants posted:

Ah poo poo clear out here come the sneakerheads

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
I honestly thought people were excited for the mod because the Nike's are in trans colors. Like, there was some fan theory that the character was trans (I know nothing at all about Juri, so I have no idea if that makes any sense at all).

Orv
May 4, 2011
People are just weird about feet

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Air Skwirl posted:

I honestly thought people were excited for the mod because the Nike's are in trans colors. Like, there was some fan theory that the character was trans (I know nothing at all about Juri, so I have no idea if that makes any sense at all).

Sadly no, it's because she's a lady who doesn't wear shoes and kicks a lot and foot fetish people are the loudest people on the planet about the stuff they're pulling pork over.

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

A wwe wrestler lady also dressed up as her but had on cool Nikes so it's a reference to that I think

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Skippy McPants posted:

Some people spend a lot of money on very expensive sneakers and presumably are extremely careful about wearing them as to keep them pristine.

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

the irony being that keeping them in the box forever so they'll remain pristine ends up destroying them anyway as the foams break down over time

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b9h4Se3D9gg&t=2s

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

Well ain't that precious?

repiv posted:

the irony being that keeping them in the box forever so they'll remain pristine ends up destroying them anyway as the foams break down over time

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b9h4Se3D9gg&t=2s

They actually rot away faster if they are never worn.

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

oh, so it's like comic books, a disposable product for children whose use necessarily degrades its perceived value as a collectible, and also which is cool as hell

e: okay, its like if comic books rotted faster in those plastic collector bags

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem

Air Skwirl posted:

I haven't seen anything for Juri but there is an old theory that M.Bison is trans. There is also the character Seth, who is a Doctor Manhattan looking mfer in SF4 and a sexy robot woman in SF5, though I think the official explanation there is that Seth is an AI consciousness in a disposable body and doesn't have a gender. Basically there is a lot of gender stuff going on in Street Fighter.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Poison was in SF5

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

all i know is i equally desire both chun li AND zangief's thighs

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

Kitfox88 posted:

A wwe wrestler lady also dressed up as her but had on cool Nikes so it's a reference to that I think

https://twitter.com/ZelinaVegaWWE/status/1619866097406328832

Here's the cool wrestler lady's cool Juri cosplay.

EDIT: Now I'm wondering her Nikes can be purchased, or if they're custom...

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

your ring name is vega and you cosplay as juri

missed opportunity imo

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

KataraniSword posted:

your ring name is vega and you cosplay as juri

missed opportunity imo

Which Vega?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Honestly I'd be down to see either a Dictator or Claw cosplay, though admittedly the latter was my first thought.