Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!

Countblanc posted:

*cracks knuckles*

- same amount of content that 6.0 MSQ had
- all expansion dungeons will have Criterion-style ex/savage versions
- beastmaster as a limited job with a pokemon-style battle arena in the gold saucer
- the debimbofication of DRK
- canonize the very funny fan ship of Krile and Rowena

Only so long as it doesn't extinguish her smouldering feelings for her blacksmith

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

I know it’ll lead to accusations of jumping the shark, but…

A fight with Sephiroth. Doesn’t matter if it’s in a dungeon, trial, or raid.

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

we already got that in Heavensward, Containment Bay S1T7

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Regalingualius posted:

I was fully expecting him to be one of the Omega part 3 bosses.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Omega comes back to set up a new tournament arc where we fight all the Final Fantasy big bads we haven't fought yet.

Valentin
Sep 16, 2012

I sort of wonder if the current relic quest line isn't going to finally put a button on the rowena/gerolt thing, since a sincere personal friendship with Godbert, who has huge influence in Ul'Dah and cares about craftsmanship, seems like an easy way to reopen and resolve the debt stuff and falsehoods at the core of their issues, and then we could do something new or different moving forward for relics instead of "gerolt spent all his money on booze again," but I forget where bozja leaves them generally

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Mordiceius posted:

Lets talk pie-in-the-sky expansion wishes.

If anything was possible, are there any announcements that would have you hooting and hollering in excitement? A specific class? location? feature?

For me, it would be if they announced a gear/glamour record like WoW's - once you've obtained the gear once, the appearance is permanently unlocked on your character and you don't have to keep it on hand or in the dresser.

Give me the ability to set hair styles via glamour plate. Fuckin do it, yoship. End the tyranny of Jandelaine.

While you're at it either put tail holes in everything or let me choose when to hide my tail or wear as a belt like Vegeta.

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Enough of this nonsense. You are an important mayor and this absurd contraption has wasted enough of your time.

Mordiceius posted:

If anything was possible, are there any announcements that would have you hooting and hollering in excitement? A specific class? location? feature?

For me, it would be if they announced a gear/glamour record like WoW's - once you've obtained the gear once, the appearance is permanently unlocked on your character and you don't have to keep it on hand or in the dresser.

-1 new job, corsair, the thing I posted about a page or 2 ago.
-Story actually about cleaning up the current outstanding problems in Eorzea instead of loving off somewhere new. Deal with the monetarists, deal with the elementals, help Ala Mhigo out.
-Garlemald reconstruction.
-Transmog book like WoW, dye channels like GW2.
-New exploratory zone like Bozja, except this time all those goofball abilities aren't loving consumables. You have an ability book just like blu mage and once you unlock something, you just have it unlocked and can use it as much as you like.
-one of the raids, don't really care which, is time travelling back in time and seeing the old empires at their height. Not like, literally time travelling, but more like a simulation kinda deal. I just want to see what Allag and Mhach looked like at their height. Be cool to see what society looked like during the 1st and the 4th eras too tbh.
-ct raid series removed from ADR and shoved into MSQDR.
-retooling of all jobs so that they all have a more coherent kit at low levels.
-somehow adding to reaper kit in a way that is cool and fun and isn't just going to be a 2nd finisher bolted on after communio but lol as if.
-Island Sanctuary redone in a way that isn't so boring!!!

Failboattootoot fucked around with this message at 21:29 on Jul 23, 2023

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

One word:
Levequests.

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

0x38: FLOPPY_INTERNAL_ERROR

Crackerjack posted:

I have my fingers crossed for corsair. The theming sounds fun and I need more excuses to dress up like an ostentatious ship captain.

I do this anyway since in my headcanon my WoL is my FFXI character transported to Eorzea through Shennanigans and my main on FFXI was Corsair. :v:

I wish they had a proper tricorne for magic classes though.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Failboattootoot posted:

-somehow adding to reaper kit in a way that is cool and fun and isn't just going to be a 2nd finisher bolted on after communio but lol as if.

it's always fun to talk about new jobs but changes to existing ones are usually pretty interesting. that said it's always a toss-up between them doing something more substantial and risk removing what some people liked about a job, or just bolting on an upgrade to an existing skill and a new button that does [big number] potency you press once every 40/60/120 seconds.

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

Regalingualius posted:

Still pretty sure that they are saving him for when the FF7R trilogy wraps up.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
I really like where Monk is right now but gently caress if I can think of what else they can do with it without completely remodeling it. More OGCDs that nobody uses? Another buff to gently caress with the timing? Random potency boosts?

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

First, let me say that I LOVE the anger the Mandervile Weapon steps are casuing on Reddit and the oForums! It brings me such joy watching pubbies get mad!

That said, I do think they messed up by making it work like that. What they SHOULD have done is make it so that the currrent and previous expansion have the ususal Relic Weapon shenanigans, and all expansions before that become Tomestone Turn Ins.

So, Endwalker and Shadowbringers have the grind, while A Realm Reborn, Heavensward, and Stormblood are done like Endwalker currently is.

Blockhouse posted:

I don't think they're going to make another ranged dps with a gun.

I still want a Hunter: Dual-weilds crossbows.

Failboattootoot posted:

BORING I want a ranged dps that throws ANCHORS. Ward Zabac crew rise up!

Hell yeah! Ward And Kiros FIVE EVA!

Crackerjack posted:

I have my fingers crossed for corsair. The theming sounds fun and I need more excuses to dress up like an ostentatious ship captain.

And make Merl be the Job NPC.

Mordiceius posted:

This, with this:

Thundarr posted:

Give me the ability to set hair styles via glamour plate. Fuckin do it, yoship. End the tyranny of Jandelaine.

But also, Dual Shields for ALL Roles!

Tank: Block with one, attack with the other!
Healer: Attack with one, heal with the other!
Ranged: Throw them both!
Melee: Smash all the things!
Caster: SO many options to use the shields as part of the spell visuals!

Also, make ARR Hunts work like the rest of them. Remove FATE Bosses, and just have 3 Tiers of 5 Marks, plus a Weekly B Mark.

Traxis
Jul 2, 2006

Mordiceius posted:

Gambler job based on Setzer. Ranged physical DPS class that throws cards. Provides party utility by rolling slots or dice for various buffs.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

I want the other big location of FF4, a massive underground area.

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

Countblanc posted:

it's always fun to talk about new jobs but changes to existing ones are usually pretty interesting. that said it's always a toss-up between them doing something more substantial and risk removing what some people liked about a job, or just bolting on an upgrade to an existing skill and a new button that does [big number] potency you press once every 40/60/120 seconds.

I really enjoyed leveling RDM 80-90 when they add a new button following your big fuckoff nuke for a bigger fuckoffer nuke.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Traxis posted:

Gambler job based on Setzer. Ranged physical DPS class that throws cards. Provides party utility by rolling slots or dice for various buffs.

I don't think they'll ever utilize any sort of RNG based buff.
Though the howling and gnashing of teeth would be pretty entertaining when some top tier raid group misses the enrage by like 0.01% because the gambler whiffed on their Slots buff.

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

quiggy posted:

I really enjoyed leveling RDM 80-90 when they add a new button following your big fuckoff nuke for a bigger fuckoffer nuke.

So clearly we need a bigger, even more fuckoffer stab as the 100 button.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

the_steve posted:

Though the howling and gnashing of teeth would be pretty entertaining when some top tier raid group misses the enrage by like 0.01% because the gambler whiffed on their Slots buff.

Yeah, I’ve still got memories of Outlaw Rogue from WoW, and how they had a random self-buff that had no protections against rolling the same result again (which was a problem when some of them were very clearly better than others). You could talent into making it just a flat damage self-buff… but IIRC, that was so bad that not taking any talent at all that row would have been better. And even by the time I left, the best they got was “you’re guaranteed to get at least 2 buffs after using your big cooldown”… again, with no guarantee that you wouldn’t just get the two worst ones.

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

quiggy posted:

Just gimme Ultima. I'll use it right I promise

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

the_steve posted:

BLU just got a "take either 50% less physical or 50% less magic damage for 10s" spell and it seems like the worst use case for an RNG. How do you use that effectively?

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Oh for gently caress's sake. You know when I was listing BLU tank spells to make sure I hadn't missed one? DRAGON FORCE! 40% damage reduction for 15s every 2 minutes!

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

Bruceski posted:

BLU just got a "take either 50% less physical or 50% less magic damage for 10s" spell and it seems like the worst use case for an RNG. How do you use that effectively?

Everyone uses it all at once, you'll get the one you need one way or another!

honestly its only real use case is for fuckoff cutscene attacks where you can do that without a big sacrifice.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

TheWorldsaStage posted:

Just gimme Ultima. I'll use it right I promise

Don't come crying to us when you cause unintended devastation

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

I mean its BLU so it being janky crap you have to pull together to beat old content with is literally the job description

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Alxprit posted:

Everyone uses it all at once, you'll get the one you need one way or another!

honestly its only real use case is for fuckoff cutscene attacks where you can do that without a big sacrifice.

Is it AoE? Thought it was self only.

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

Regalingualius posted:

Yeah, I’ve still got memories of Outlaw Rogue from WoW, and how they had a random self-buff that had no protections against rolling the same result again (which was a problem when some of them were very clearly better than others). You could talent into making it just a flat damage self-buff… but IIRC, that was so bad that not taking any talent at all that row would have been better. And even by the time I left, the best they got was “you’re guaranteed to get at least 2 buffs after using your big cooldown”… again, with no guarantee that you wouldn’t just get the two worst ones.

Loved spending a bunch of time building combo points, rolling a trash buff with my finisher, and repeating for 2 full minutes until finally I got something decent and was allowed to start doing my damage rotation for a bit. Basically not even contributing to the fight until RNG gives permission.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

Bruceski posted:

well, I guess I kinda just assumed it was...

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Feldegast42 posted:

I mean its BLU so it being janky crap you have to pull together to beat old content with is literally the job description

Yeah, but the other Whalaqee Totem abilities are things like Revive, a strong long-duration dot or a useful 2min spell for each role. Just feels weird for an all-or-nothing ability like that.

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

they should let you instant cast paradox under astral fire if you use up all three umbral hearts

Xerophyte
Mar 17, 2008

This space intentionally left blank

Bruceski posted:

Force Field is self-only, far as I am aware.

I don't remember the damage profiles of the 80 raids in detail but occasionally you'll have back to back damage implemented as a physical hit immediately followed by magical hit, or vice versa. P11S is a current example. I think maybe E4S has a couple of instances where he does a magical raidwide directly into Tumult and similar. Unsure if it's worth slotting a 2s cast random mitigation just for those, but maybe?

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!

Mordiceius posted:

Meracydia. Time Mage. No Ascians, dynamis or auracite, relatively little dragons, just a whole new start without some shadowy greater force. Y'shtola sits out the main plot but gets to be the star of a patch storyline in a way that gives her actual visible development.

Also, nerf all tank self-sustain and improve the general concept and feedback of cleansing debuffs. If we're going for a dream expansion, I'm getting my dream of 'dungeons where it's not just objectively a better idea to queue with three DPS and a tank'.

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

Vitamean posted:

they should let you instant cast paradox under astral fire if you use up all three umbral hearts

Omg

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

Alert: bad post spotted.
what does the debimbofication of drk mean? should I go see oppenheimer instead of barbie?

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Cleretic posted:

Meracydia.

Cleretic posted:

relatively little dragons

We go to Meracydia we're going to run into dragons.

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

as far as overall wishes...

-I'd like an msq that's more grounded than what we got in endwalker, and more focused on a single region or two neighboring regions (none of this stormblood half the world away poo poo).
-alternatively, an expansion that opens up more of the eorzean mainland and intersects with the original areas more, maybe even fluffing up and connecting the ARR zones to modern standards. I'm talkin west shroud, I'm talkin the northern half of vylbrand, I'm talkin southern mor dhona. idk what story you'd tell with this but that isn't my problem.
-for jobs, I'd want to see either a scouting or casting job. scouting if I had to pick one.
-most interesting thing for me to think about is weapon selection. I like the idea of a single or dual crossbow job. maybe whips.
-we're sorely lacking in the Big Weapon department - we have Big Sword and Big Axe, maybe Big Scythe, but that's it. how about Big Hammer? Big Lance? see monster hunter gunlance, edf4+ fencer, or arknights bagpipe for ideas
-they should introduce a new underutilized navigation gimmick like flight in HW and swimming in StB.

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

oh yeah and new adventuring forays zone or we riot

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!

super sweet best pal posted:

We go to Meracydia we're going to run into dragons.

Yes, that's why I said relatively little. It'd be weird if they weren't there, but let's not make it DragonFest 2024.

Also: Dragonspeak with Australian accents. Make it happen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?
Geomancer and the weapon set is Bells: literal bells of varying designs and stone/metal make, but you can also put big rear end totems in there too with the same philosophy. Tank or Caster DPS, though Healer is fine too. Give us back what WHM gave up on the First...

Not sure how you'd balance terrain options other than them making zones that provide benefits if you stand in and cast from them, so you can always make the terrain you want instead of guessing by dungeon.