Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is the most powerful flying bug?
This poll is closed.
🦋 15 3.71%
🦇 115 28.47%
🪰 12 2.97%
🐦 67 16.58%
dragonfly 94 23.27%
🦟 14 3.47%
🐝 87 21.53%
Total: 404 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

Marenghi posted:

https://twitter.com/destandaard/status/1683051352250007555

So progressive. The Ukraine army has trans Nazi soldiers now.

What hath 4chan wrought?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь
It keeps happening

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Raskolnikov38 posted:

i'm sorry did the mine exploding dig up a half dozen other mines? does ukraine not have sappers or engineers at all to least try to find minefields before they drive into them?

Sappers and combat engineers require both actual training (formal + military) and its a frontline role. So no US/NATO personnal in Ukraine uniforms can fill that role as semi unofficial mercs nor have any losses been replaced as it just takes too long.

That's why we're seeing do many "why on Earth did that happen?" moments. The entire focus is on wunderwuffens not core skills.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Deadly Ham Sandwich posted:

Was talking to my relative who grew up in communist Hungary about the Ukraine/Russia war. Turns out Hungarians don't like Ukraine very much because of how poo poo they've treated Hungarians in Ukraine for a long time, and even worse now. Also he told me he's not so sure about them being Nazis when they really should be called Ukrainian nationalists, which he admitted is still really bad.

Got a good laugh out of him when I asked "if they're not Nazis, then why do they lose to Russia so much? That's a very Nazi thing to do."

The difference between Nazis and Ultranats is mostly a scale of ambition.

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

lol the inspector coming for big Z. heard about a lot of the stuff in there already but there was also a few extra details

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

The difference between Nazis and Ultranats is mostly a scale of ambition.

mmm yeah nazis really makes it clear who these people are. Ultranationalist adds pointless ambiguity. So it's kinda a red flag when people get caught up in it.

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3
Nov 15, 2003

is there a version without that awful music

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Deadly Ham Sandwich posted:

Was talking to my relative who grew up in communist Hungary about the Ukraine/Russia war. Turns out Hungarians don't like Ukraine very much because of how poo poo they've treated Hungarians in Ukraine for a long time, and even worse now. Also he told me he's not so sure about them being Nazis when they really should be called Ukrainian nationalists, which he admitted is still really bad.

Got a good laugh out of him when I asked "if they're not Nazis, then why do they lose to Russia so much? That's a very Nazi thing to do."

Trianon will be avenged

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

Toplowtech posted:

Yeah, it's an extremely American "the good guys always win and yeah we are the good guys, what do you mean war-crimes????? WE ARE THE CITY ON THE HILL! THE INDISPENSABLE NATION" hubris routine. It kinda remind me of pre-wwII France's insane takes on the upcoming war against Germany. :france:

Which was? Because the most Ive ever heard is how people in France didn't want a war

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

Megamissen posted:

christianity in korea is extremely americanized these days though, right?

ehhh not exactly its fundie and culture warriorish as all hell but south korea doing that kind of militant christianity actually predates those trends as we know them in the west just not in a way thats obvious to us because our stereotypical fundamentalist christian image is like the westboro baptist church fighting gay pride parades which obviously isnt something the south korean equivalents can do when there are no gay pride parades for them to get into a fight with just yet

even korean american churches dont follow these cultural lines very clearly and tend not to interact much with bigger american fundie churches for these same reasons its why liberal korean americans are super embarrassed about the fact that korean american churches even exist because theyre probably the single most distinctly korean thing in the whole country theyve been aware of since childhood and they take stances very anathemic to a lot of popular aapi discourse like a lot of these churches think that korean reunification is a good thing we should be trying to do and trump did some of his earliest campaigning this cycle by explicitly agreeing with this

also korean american churches tend to consider themselves as distinct from other aapi and believe intersectionality to be a dirty heretical lie designed to tear them from their cultural roots by forcing them racistly consider all asians as basically being the same which honestly is probably also true this is where a lot of my insane ranting about korean americans fetishizing single serve liquid yogurt cups comes from a lot of what passes for korean cultural pride these days just amounts to an insulting bowdlerization of the most shallow commercial aspects of the culture imagine if japanese americans went around being super proud of anime and you can maybe understand my strong feelings of disgust on this issue

as for north koreans they tend to consider christianity as being one of the many laws late joseon used to consolidate its power and sell out to the japanese which is ironic since early twentieth century korean christians were also korean nationalists i dont want to make it sound like north korea hates christianity that much tho they just got this really crazy idea from somewhere that missionaries are stealth operatives working to overthrow the government and seem perfectly fine with christians foreign and domestic doing whatever just so long as theyre convinced theyre not spies

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

here bro I asked a million dollar computer to add punctuation to your post but keep it lowercase:

quote:

ehhh, not exactly. it's fundie and culture warriorish as all hell, but south korea doing that kind of militant christianity actually predates those trends as we know them in the west, just not in a way that's obvious to us. because our stereotypical fundamentalist christian image is like the westboro baptist church fighting gay pride parades, which obviously isn't something the south korean equivalents can do when there are no gay pride parades for them to get into a fight with just yet.

even korean american churches don't follow these cultural lines very clearly, and tend not to interact much with bigger american fundie churches for these same reasons. it's why liberal korean americans are super embarrassed about the fact that korean american churches even exist. because they're probably the single most distinctly korean thing in the whole country they've been aware of since childhood, and they take stances very anathemic to a lot of popular aapi discourse. like a lot of these churches think that korean reunification is a good thing we should be trying to do, and trump did some of his earliest campaigning this cycle by explicitly agreeing with this.

also, korean american churches tend to consider themselves as distinct from other aapi and believe intersectionality to be a dirty, heretical lie designed to tear them from their cultural roots by forcing them, racistly, to consider all asians as basically being the same. which, honestly, is probably also true. this is where a lot of my insane ranting about korean americans fetishizing single serve liquid yogurt cups comes from. a lot of what passes for korean cultural pride these days just amounts to an insulting bowdlerization of the most shallow, commercial aspects of the culture. imagine if japanese americans went around being super proud of anime, and you can maybe understand my strong feelings of disgust on this issue.

as for north koreans, they tend to consider christianity as being one of the many laws late joseon used to consolidate its power and sell out to the japanese, which is ironic since early twentieth century korean christians were also korean nationalists. i don't want to make it sound like north korea hates christianity that much though. they just got this really crazy idea from somewhere that missionaries are stealth operatives working to overthrow the government, and seem perfectly fine with christians, foreign and domestic, doing whatever just so long as they're convinced they're not spies.
htmfh

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

How do we go back to Korean Christianity being an incredibly complex and thoughtful form of Catholicism?

Like, the guys who wrote letters that made Jesuits weep when they read them. Let's do that.

e: Even how they depict their saints and martyrs is so cool and distinctive. Way better than burger.

Frosted Flake has issued a correction as of 01:39 on Jul 24, 2023

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

mawarannahr posted:

here bro I asked a million dollar computer to add punctuation to your post but keep it lowercase:

htmfh

you two ok?

platzapS
Aug 4, 2007

Cerebral Bore posted:

orc erotica is the ultimate forbidden fruit for the slava crowd, it's no surprise that they'd be jealous of those who partake in it freely

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

Correct me if I'm wrong, Catholic Saints in Korea are depicted in the dress of Confucian scholars?

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

Frosted Flake posted:

Correct me if I'm wrong, Catholic Saints in Korea are depicted in the dress of Confucian scholars?

me & my trad wives

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020

Frosted Flake posted:

No boob windows?

Alpha 1
Feb 17, 2012

sum posted:

The voenkors are saying they advanced 5 km today. That's one of the biggest single-day advances from either side in quite awhile.

(from t.me/milinfolive/104047, via tgsa)

It would be real funny if Russia found Kharkov Oblast's defense was understrength and broke through in that area just like the Ukrainians did.

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

Hell yeah, the Russians are gonna bring back cracking

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

I think we can all agree Ukraine is correct in defending its ancestral homelands in crimea

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

Frosted Flake posted:

How do we go back to Korean Christianity being an incredibly complex and thoughtful form of Catholicism?

Like, the guys who wrote letters that made Jesuits weep when they read them. Let's do that.

e: Even how they depict their saints and martyrs is so cool and distinctive. Way better than burger.

Not have the CIA fund weird cults to futher harden against Communism. In short there is no going back

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

Frosted Flake posted:

well i should probably clarify that korean catholics and korean protestants are two very different things i alluded to koreans undergoing the fundie culture shift before the americans did and how this was accomplished was with the korean war korean protestants were absolutely convinced that the communists were going to destroy their way of life and became huge boosters for the dictatorship but the korean catholics mostly maintained the same prodemocratic stance they did before the war this is also why the koreans who immigrated to the united states were fundies before jimmy carter made it cool this was something you could only really do if you were seen as a stalwart ally of the regime they did not want political discontents living in exile

you should read up on cardinal stephen kim sou hwan if you want to know more about what exactly catholic koreans were doing during the dictatorship era he wasnt the only guy but he was a pretty iconic one and as far as i know this stuff is pretty shittily documented in english which is just another one of my usual rants the joseon era stuff isnt really much better although for what its worth theres a fairly recent movie the book of fish that goes a lot into how exactly catholics were persecuted in the early nineteenth century using the framing device of the scholar jeong yak yong who wrote a fish encyclopedia these days theyre doing eh im not that sure to be honest i do know that the pope visiting the sewol protests was a pretty big watershed event in the protest movement that would eventually culminate in the candlelight rallies

the short on topic segue explanation for the candlelight rallies is you know how people like to pretend like euromaidan was a peaceful expression of democracy that shamed the bad president into leaving of their own volition and not a violent nazi mob well the candlelight rallies actually were like that for all the loving good it accomplished in the long run

fizzy
Dec 2, 2022

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Some Guy TT posted:

well i should probably clarify that korean catholics and korean protestants are two very different things i alluded to koreans undergoing the fundie culture shift before the americans did and how this was accomplished was with the korean war korean protestants were absolutely convinced that the communists were going to destroy their way of life and became huge boosters for the dictatorship but the korean catholics mostly maintained the same prodemocratic stance they did before the war this is also why the koreans who immigrated to the united states were fundies before jimmy carter made it cool this was something you could only really do if you were seen as a stalwart ally of the regime they did not want political discontents living in exile

you should read up on cardinal stephen kim sou hwan if you want to know more about what exactly catholic koreans were doing during the dictatorship era he wasnt the only guy but he was a pretty iconic one and as far as i know this stuff is pretty shittily documented in english which is just another one of my usual rants the joseon era stuff isnt really much better although for what its worth theres a fairly recent movie the book of fish that goes a lot into how exactly catholics were persecuted in the early nineteenth century using the framing device of the scholar jeong yak yong who wrote a fish encyclopedia these days theyre doing eh im not that sure to be honest i do know that the pope visiting the sewol protests was a pretty big watershed event in the protest movement that would eventually culminate in the candlelight rallies

the short on topic segue explanation for the candlelight rallies is you know how people like to pretend like euromaidan was a peaceful expression of democracy that shamed the bad president into leaving of their own volition and not a violent nazi mob well the candlelight rallies actually were like that for all the loving good it accomplished in the long run

Good news for Some Guy TT - I am willing to provide capitalization and punctuation for your stream of consciousness post above.

Well, I should probably clarify that Korean Catholics and Korean Protestants are two very different things. I alluded to Koreans undergoing the fundie culture shift before the Americans did and how this was accomplished was with the Korean War. Korean Protestants were absolutely convinced that the communists were going to destroy their way of life and became huge boosters for the dictatorship, but the Korean Catholics mostly maintained the same prodemocratic stance they did before the war. This is also why the Koreans who immigrated to the United States were fundies before Jimmy Carter made it cool. This was something you could only really do if you were seen as a stalwart ally of the regime; they did not want political discontents living in exile.

You should read up on Cardinal Stephen Kim Sou Hwan, if you want to know more about what exactly Catholic Koreans were doing during the dictatorship era. He wasn,t the only guy. but he was a pretty iconic one, and as far as i know this stuff is pretty shittily documented in English, which is just another one of my usual rants. The Joseon Era stuff isnt really much better, although for what its worth there's a fairly recent movie, The Book of Fish, that goes a lot into how exactly Catholics were persecuted in the early nineteenth century, using the framing device of the scholar Jeong Yak Yong who wrote a fish encyclopedia. These days they're doing, eh, I'm not that sure to be honest. I do know that the Pope visiting the Sewol protests was a pretty big watershed event in the protest movement that would eventually culminate in the candlelight rallies.

The short on topic segue explanation for the candlelight rallies is, you know how people like to pretend like Euromaidan was a peaceful expression of democracy that shamed the bad President into leaving of their own volition and not a violent Nazi mob? Well, the candlelight rallies actually were like that, for all the loving good it accomplished in the long run.

PhilippAchtel
May 31, 2011

Marenghi posted:

https://twitter.com/destandaard/status/1683051352250007555

So progressive. The Ukraine army has trans Nazi soldiers now.

Cool tattoo. What's it mean? 🤔

PhilippAchtel has issued a correction as of 03:24 on Jul 24, 2023

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

Trans nazi gamer ukrainian

fizzy
Dec 2, 2022

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Good news for Ukraine - krainian forces have already liberated 50 percent of the territory that Russian forces captured since the start of Russia’s full-scale invasion in February 2022, and the Ukrainian counter-offensive has made advances in the western Donetsk-eastern Zaporizhia Oblast border area near Staromayorske (9km south of Velyka Novosilka), and near Pryyutne (14km southwest of Velyka Novosilka), and in western Zaporizhia Oblast near Kamianske, and near Khromove (immediately west of Bakhmut).

https://www.understandingwar.org/backgrounder/russian-offensive-campaign-assessment-july-23-2023

RUSSIAN OFFENSIVE CAMPAIGN ASSESSMENT, JULY 23, 2023

US Secretary of State Antony Blinken told CNN on July 23 that Ukrainian forces have liberated approximately 50 percent of the territory that Russian forces captured since the start of Russia’s full-scale invasion in February 2022.[10]

This figure is largely consistent with ISW’s current assessment of control of terrain. Analysts can employ several methods to calculate control of terrain with varying results depending on the cartographical projection used and other factors.

An estimate using ISW’s control of terrain data and the Mercator projection indicates that Ukrainian forces liberated about 53 percent of the land that Russian forces captured since February 2022.

Estimates made using different data sources, measurement methods, or projections will generate different numbers.

Factors, such as higher confidence about unconfirmed Russian claimed territorial gains, can impact such estimations as well.

ISW appreciates and closely studies government officials’ statements about control of terrain geometry to cross-reference, confirm, and where necessary correct assessments.

Ukrainian forces continued counteroffensive operations on at least three sectors of the front line and advanced on July 23.

Geolocated footage published on July 22 shows that Ukrainian forces made some advances in the western Donetsk-eastern Zaporizhia Oblast border area near Staromayorske (9km south of Velyka Novosilka), and some Russian sources claimed that Ukrainian forces also advanced near Pryyutne (14km southwest of Velyka Novosilka).[11]

Geolocated footage published on July 22 also shows that Ukrainian forces made marginal advances in western Zaporizhia Oblast near Kamianske, and Russian sources claimed that Ukrainian forces conducted additional ground attacks south of Orikhiv near Robotyne (12km south).[12]

The Ukrainian General Staff reported continued Ukrainian counteroffensive operations in both areas of the front.[13]

Some Russian and Ukrainian sources claimed that Ukrainian forces continued attacking on Bakhmut’s northern and southern flanks and reportedly made advances near Khromove (immediately west of Bakhmut).[14]

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer
punctuation is bourgeoisie

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

fizzy posted:

Good news for Ukraine - krainian forces have already liberated 50 percent of the territory that Russian forces captured since the start of Russia’s full-scale invasion in February 2022, and the Ukrainian counter-offensive has made advances in the western Donetsk-eastern Zaporizhia Oblast border area near Staromayorske (9km south of Velyka Novosilka), and near Pryyutne (14km southwest of Velyka Novosilka), and in western Zaporizhia Oblast near Kamianske, and near Khromove (immediately west of Bakhmut).

https://www.understandingwar.org/backgrounder/russian-offensive-campaign-assessment-july-23-2023

RUSSIAN OFFENSIVE CAMPAIGN ASSESSMENT, JULY 23, 2023

US Secretary of State Antony Blinken told CNN on July 23 that Ukrainian forces have liberated approximately 50 percent of the territory that Russian forces captured since the start of Russia’s full-scale invasion in February 2022.[10]

This figure is largely consistent with ISW’s current assessment of control of terrain. Analysts can employ several methods to calculate control of terrain with varying results depending on the cartographical projection used and other factors.

An estimate using ISW’s control of terrain data and the Mercator projection indicates that Ukrainian forces liberated about 53 percent of the land that Russian forces captured since February 2022.

Estimates made using different data sources, measurement methods, or projections will generate different numbers.

Factors, such as higher confidence about unconfirmed Russian claimed territorial gains, can impact such estimations as well.

ISW appreciates and closely studies government officials’ statements about control of terrain geometry to cross-reference, confirm, and where necessary correct assessments.

Ukrainian forces continued counteroffensive operations on at least three sectors of the front line and advanced on July 23.

Geolocated footage published on July 22 shows that Ukrainian forces made some advances in the western Donetsk-eastern Zaporizhia Oblast border area near Staromayorske (9km south of Velyka Novosilka), and some Russian sources claimed that Ukrainian forces also advanced near Pryyutne (14km southwest of Velyka Novosilka).[11]

Geolocated footage published on July 22 also shows that Ukrainian forces made marginal advances in western Zaporizhia Oblast near Kamianske, and Russian sources claimed that Ukrainian forces conducted additional ground attacks south of Orikhiv near Robotyne (12km south).[12]

The Ukrainian General Staff reported continued Ukrainian counteroffensive operations in both areas of the front.[13]

Some Russian and Ukrainian sources claimed that Ukrainian forces continued attacking on Bakhmut’s northern and southern flanks and reportedly made advances near Khromove (immediately west of Bakhmut).[14]

quote:

Our Board Members

General Jack Keane (US Army, Retired), Chairman, Institute for the Study of War; President, GSI, LLC

Dr. Kimberly Kagan, Founder & President, Institute for the Study of War

The Honorable Kelly Craft, Former US Ambassador to UN and Canada

Dr. William Kristol, Director, Defending Democracy Together

The Honorable Joseph I. Lieberman, Senior Counsel, Kasowitz Benson Torres & Friedman, LLP

Kevin Mandia, Chief Executive Officer & Board Director, Mandiant

Jack D. McCarthy, Jr., Senior Managing Director & Founder, A&M Capital

Bruce Mosler, Chairman, Global Brokerage, Cushman & Wakefield, Inc.

General David H. Petraeus (US Army, Retired), Partner, KKR and Chairman, KKR Global Institute

Dr. Warren Phillips, Lead Director, CACI International

Colonel William Roberti (US Army, Retired), Managing Director, Alvarez & Marsal

Hudson La Force, former Chief Executive Officer of W. R. Grace & Co

Seems legit. No wastage or loss to report.

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

im really struggling to see the path forward for Ukraine

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
We'll still be hearing media releases about how Ukraine is crushing the last remnants of the Russian army while Zelensky boards a light aircraft stuffed with suitcases full of money and flies direct to his Italian villa to grow a moustache and begin his new life as Signore Guiseppe Calabria.

speng31b
May 8, 2010

CODChimera posted:

it is a path forward in retrograde

Cheatum the Evil Midget
Sep 11, 2000
I COULDN'T BACK UP ANY OF MY ARGUEMENTS, IGNORE ME PLEASE.

CODChimera posted:

Yes, the shining golden light of their certain unquestionable victory is blinding in its intensity

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

CODChimera posted:

Single file towards the Russians seems to be the chosen course

Organ Fiend
May 21, 2007

custom title

Frosted Flake posted:

US troops on their summer exercises in Benning are apparently digging proper trenches again :911:

It occurs to me that Battlemechs would be practical and useful (as opposed to huge targets that die easily) if they all had two hands and carried a mech-sized shovel with them to dig trenches for themselves and supporting infantry.

fizzy
Dec 2, 2022

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Bad news for Russia - By Russia officials' own admission, they remain unable to stop precision drone attacks into their own capital city.

https://edition.cnn.com/2023/07/23/europe/ukraine-russia-drone-attacks-hit-moscow-intl-hnk/index.html

Russia claims drone strikes hit two non-residential buildings in Moscow
Josh Pennington, Simone McCarthy and Sophie Jeong, CNN
Updated 10:53 PM EDT, Sun July 23, 2023

Drone strikes hit two non-residential buildings in the Russian capital Moscow at around 4 a.m. local on Monday, Moscow Mayor Sergei Sobyanin said on Telegram.

Sobyanin added that there was no serious damage or casualties.

Russia’s Ministry of Defence on Monday claimed the two Ukrainian drones were “suppressed” and “crashed” in Moscow.

“On the morning of July 24, an attempt by the Kyiv regime to launch a terrorist attack using two unmanned aerial vehicles against facilities on the territory of the city of Moscow was thwarted,” the ministry said on Telegram.

“Two Ukrainian UAVs (Unmanned Aerial Vehicles) were suppressed by electronic warfare means and crashed,” the ministry added.

There were no casualties “as a result of the thwarted terrorist attack of the Kiev regime,” according to the ministry.

According to Russian state media outlet, TASS, a drone hit a high-rise business center on Likhacheva Avenue in Moscow.

TASS is reporting drone debris was found on Komsomolsky Avenue in Moscow on Monday morning. TASS said that based on initial reports, there were no casualties.

Law enforcement agencies and emergency services are currently working on the scene, according to TASS.

Traffic on Komsomolsky Avenue from the center of Moscow towards the region has been blocked off, TASS reported citing the Department of Transportation and Road Infrastructure Development of Moscow.

CNN could not independently verify the reports.

The reported attack comes after Russian missiles badly damaged a historic Orthodox cathedral in the southern Ukrainian port city of Odesa, sparking outrage and prompting Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky to vow retaliation.

The Odesa strikes killed at least one person and injured several others, Ukrainian officials said, the latest in a wave of attacks on the port city. The attacks also destroyed other historic buildings, Ukraine’s culture ministry said.

Ukraine almost never publicly claims responsibility for attacks which have taken place on Russian soil during the course of the war which Moscow began when it invaded in February last year, unleashing its military might on its democratic neighbor.

Those include a drone attack on Moscow in May, which damaged two buildings and and injured two people for which Ukraine denied direct involvement.

Earlier this month, Russia said it “destroyed or neutralized” five Ukrainian drones in what it described as a “terrorist” attack.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Organ Fiend posted:

It occurs to me that Battlemechs would be practical and useful (as opposed to huge targets that die easily) if they all had two hands and carried a mech-sized shovel with them to dig trenches for themselves and supporting infantry.

These are called heavy gears, of terra novan origin, and even come with roller skate wheels on their feet for operational mobility

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

Slavvy posted:

Its how they hide their numbers

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

Slavvy posted:

please trust in the battle tactics of colonel-general zapp branniganskyy

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

my friends and I still call inefficient placement of dudes in rts games the zerglings in a line method

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cheatum the Evil Midget
Sep 11, 2000
I COULDN'T BACK UP ANY OF MY ARGUEMENTS, IGNORE ME PLEASE.

fizzy posted:

Bad news for Russia - By Russia officials' own admission, they remain unable to stop precision drone attacks into their own capital city.

Precision atrack? So the Ukrainians deliberately targeted the civilian headquarters of a French homewares store? Pretty based ngl