Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: 16-bit Butt-Head)

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

Nice :techno: template you have there, but you forgot to replace all the x's

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

Diabetic posted:

God, this is so loving stupid. Just, all of it.

maybe you should relax and watch the Barbie movie

MasterSitsu
Nov 23, 2013

spanky the dolphin
Sep 3, 2006

https://twitter.com/LolOverruled/status/1683240737721274369?s=20

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

it's almost exactly the x window system logo

Diabetic
Sep 29, 2006

When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world Diabeetus.

RandomBlue posted:

maybe you should relax and watch the Barbie movie

My wife took my daughter because we have a new puppy, I'll have to wait a while.

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

i forget peter daou existed

Maed
Aug 23, 2006

tfw Anyone engaging in repeated theft of posts be demonetized

Maed
Aug 23, 2006

Nenonen posted:

Nice :techno: template you have there, but you forgot to replace all the x's

the twist is Linda Yaccarino has actually been dead since May, Musk bought an NFT of her likeness and all her tweets are just chatgpt

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Air Force general is a crazy religious nut? wow what a shocker

graventy
Jul 28, 2006

Fun Shoe
Is this just a dumb plan to avoid having to pay all of Twitter’s ex employees and contractors.

Does Yaccarino realize that she was hired as Twitter ceo, not x ceo.

shackleford
Sep 4, 2006

https://twitter.com/PleaseBeGneiss/status/1683232038751715328

Squinky v2.0
Nov 16, 2006

Behind you! A three headed monkey!

College Slice

Schmoe Cwead posted:

ai powered banking lol

https://youtu.be/jEBnrzNuUSA

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

graventy posted:

Is this just a dumb plan to avoid having to pay all of Twitter’s ex employees and contractors.

Does Yaccarino realize that she was hired as Twitter ceo, not x ceo.

he's not planning anything

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

a.lo posted:

You sound dumb as hell if you say "i welcome x"

Wrong

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science

still looks like someone slapped a sticker on a desk covered in cum

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

I still find it funny he's been brooding about this X thing since he was shown the door at PayPal. Decades of just "I'll make my own site! And it'll be the most awesome, coolest site! They'll see!" running on loop in his head

Squinky v2.0
Nov 16, 2006

College Slice
I’m so fuckin excited to direct deposit my paycheck onto X, the everything app, now that it’s been accelerated by 3-5 years, Elon ftw

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

So, Twitter has Tweets highlighting what's on the site and what you do in one word for recognizable branding. What is the X equivalent? Xing? Xed? Xeet?

Failson
Sep 2, 2018
Fun Shoe
Press 'x' to pay respects.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

In pro wrestling a ref giving the "X" sign means things are going super great and everyone in the back should just chill on their phone or whatever.

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider
X is the universal sign for not wanting something.

PsychoInternetHawk
Apr 4, 2011

Perhaps, if one wishes to remain an individual in the midst of the teeming multitudes, one must make oneself grotesque.
Grimey Drawer
OK but this...isn't anything? This is Elon doing too many drugs at home on a Saturday night, nothing related to Twitter is remotely equipped to do any of the things he's describing

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

PsychoInternetHawk posted:

OK but this...isn't anything? This is Elon doing too many drugs at home on a Saturday night, nothing related to Twitter is remotely equipped to do any of the things he's describing

he owns twitter and you dont...

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

he owns twitter and you dont...

twitter owns him

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020

ben shapino posted:

twitter owns him

So few understand this

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

I don't know what Twitter is I only know X

a real chump
Jul 30, 2003

noice
Nap Ghost

PsychoInternetHawk posted:

Looking into it

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa
Elon Musk sir, data shows that users and advertisers alike would react the most positively if twitter was named corncob.com

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
so you havent had a manic episode fueled by ketamine and destroyed your entire business? ...interesting

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

so you havent had a manic episode fueled by ketamine and destroyed your entire business? ...interesting

i end my manic episodes with ketamine like a normal person

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

elon musk got hosed up the previous night and posted some real stupid things and now he has to go through with it otherwise he will be made fun of

Squinky v2.0
Nov 16, 2006

College Slice
imagine a bank where random strangers accuse you of grooming children for sex, and the bank manager occasionally pops in to show you some funny email forwards and claim he came up with them.

sound like 3-5 years in the future? what if I told you this was X, the everything app, and it’s available right now

e: the managers email forwards also accuse you of grooming children for sex

Squinky v2.0 has issued a correction as of 04:48 on Jul 24, 2023

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

a.lo posted:

elon musk got hosed up the previous night and posted some real stupid things and now he has to go through with it otherwise he will be made fun of

i respect that

a real chump
Jul 30, 2003

noice
Nap Ghost
he can just login to his moms account and say hes not allowed to rename twitter and everyone will just shrug

Ramrod Hotshot
May 30, 2003

I can’t wait for Musk acolytes to enter their banking numbers into twitter. it’s like offering all your worldly possessions to an angry god

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

elon musk sir you must post in the diablo 4 thread in games

Please do a pre-emptive permaban of Elon before he decides to buy SA.

PsychoInternetHawk
Apr 4, 2011

Perhaps, if one wishes to remain an individual in the midst of the teeming multitudes, one must make oneself grotesque.
Grimey Drawer
I guess I'm confused because it's such a wierd claim. Twitter does none of these things! Objectively! Just also claim it can time travel now, who gives a poo poo. Maybe this is why I'm not a billionaire

a real chump
Jul 30, 2003

noice
Nap Ghost
Elon also claims the vaporware truck with 2 inch panel gaps can act briefly as a boat so.. mad?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I pissed off the Bluesky left because I didn’t ask permission before calling Vaush a huckster rear end in a top hat.

and I’d gladly do it again!