Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Oneiros
Jan 12, 2007

nothing fills my blackened, shriveled heart with joy quite like seeing a dismissal vote pop and instantly pass against a tank with terminal main character syndrome. it makes an otherwise boring castrum run infinitely more interesting as i get to compete with the other dps for the honor of facetanking busters

pro-tip: when the healer tells you to put your stance back on the correct answer is not to double and triple down on your childish tantrum

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Zeruel posted:

what does the debimbofication of drk mean? should I go see oppenheimer instead of barbie?

ShB/EW-era DRK was basically made completely frictionless compared to SB and i think it's less fun. this likely happened because they correctly foresaw a flood of new DRKs with ShB's release and wanted it to be a good onboarding tank with little complexity

Detheros
Apr 11, 2010

I want to die.

Mordiceius posted:

Lets talk pie-in-the-sky expansion wishes.

Freecure removed.

That's it.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Detheros posted:

Freecure removed.

That's it.

and i thought my suggestions were unlikely

Oneiros
Jan 12, 2007

sorry, fee-cure is loadbearing. instead we've removed afflatus misery and rolled its potency into glare. please look forward to it.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Corsair but it's dual pistols and also it's a gunmage.

I will be taking my royalty cheque by mail, Yoship.

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Enough of this nonsense. You are an important mayor and this absurd contraption has wasted enough of your time.
I take it back, I thought too small. My actual job desire is Halone. Tank with spear and shield that turns into a greatsword.

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

now you're thinking with Big Weapon

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Vitamean posted:

-I'd like an msq that's more grounded than what we got in endwalker, and more focused on a single region or two neighboring regions (none of this stormblood half the world away poo poo).

Endwalker tricked me into thinking they'd learned not to do it again but then Endwalker came and was so much worse.

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

It's weird but I honestly have no expectations or wants for the next expansion, really. I just want more cool poo poo.

I think my big wish would be for that Blue Mage battle royale mode they talked about making it into the game. Also more voiced lines for B-team scions, let's get a dungeon with Riol, Alianne, and Hoary as trusts.

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

Oracle that pokes things with sticks and has a bar full of status effects.

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal
If we get corsair id like them to just have a big cannon

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!

Chillgamesh posted:

It's weird but I honestly have no expectations or wants for the next expansion, really. I just want more cool poo poo.

I think my big wish would be for that Blue Mage battle royale mode they talked about making it into the game. Also more voiced lines for B-team scions, let's get a dungeon with Riol, Alianne, and Hoary as trusts.

Yeah, for the most part I don't really have any expectations, we've kinda cleared off all the pieces on the board that I was invested in seeing conclude--as well as all the pieces that I was REALLY hoping would just go away already. I'd want to see Fantasy Australia, but that's just because I think it'd be fun. There's jobs I'd like to see, but I won't be mad if we don't get them at this point, I at least know why we don't have Chemist and Time Mage now.

I mostly just have things I don't want to see, but most of them are things that would be so abjectly stupid that I know we won't be, and just keep seeing completely unreasonable request/predictions for anyway.

WrightOfWay
Jul 24, 2010

Ibblebibble posted:

Corsair but it's dual pistols and also it's a gunmage.

I will be taking my royalty cheque by mail, Yoship.

You're right, it is time to give physical ranged cast times again.

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

Alert: bad post spotted.

Countblanc posted:

ShB/EW-era DRK was basically made completely frictionless compared to SB and i think it's less fun. this likely happened because they correctly foresaw a flood of new DRKs with ShB's release and wanted it to be a good onboarding tank with little complexity

isnt WAR significantly easier than DRK? I've been trying to learn how to play DRK better and all the goddamn oGCDs and blood and MP juggling is a lot to handle. compared to what (albeit little) ive played of WAR, there's hardly any oGCDs to worry about.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Wrestlepig posted:

If we get corsair id like them to just have a big cannon

Hybridize! Brace of pistols for light mobile damage and cannon for stationary heavy damage.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Try spinning, that's a good trick.

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Enough of this nonsense. You are an important mayor and this absurd contraption has wasted enough of your time.

Zeruel posted:

isnt WAR significantly easier than DRK? I've been trying to learn how to play DRK better and all the goddamn oGCDs and blood and MP juggling is a lot to handle. compared to what (albeit little) ive played of WAR, there's hardly any oGCDs to worry about.

Sure, war is the easiest job in the game though. All the tanks are sitting at the bottom of the complexity list these days.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

With Fan Fest just a few days away, I have a question about how SA handles it…

Is a special Fan Fest thread created for it? Or will info just be posted in one (or both) of the existing threads (this one and/or the Spoiler thread)?

I was still on my 10 year FF14 hiatus when the last one happened, so I'm curious how it's handled. I'll be at work both days, so I won't be able to watch the streams for it. Wherever the info is posted here will be my best bet when I can sneak some time to check.

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!
Another important question is if someone will be willing to handle a group buy of merch for the people that couldn't make it. I know there's at least one person wanting a piassa and I'm sure there's more out there

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal

super sweet best pal posted:

Hybridize! Brace of pistols for light mobile damage and cannon for stationary heavy damage.

Thats already kind of machinist with the drill gizmo.

If I was theorising about how to make a cannon unique itd be having the 1 2 3 combo with the first two steps for loading and the 3 for big damage. Maybe even modular ammo for special effects.

I know this wishlisting is pointless but my gamer DNA has been poisoned by self hyping since childhood. Not even hellgate London fully cured me

Doctor Epitaph
Dec 22, 2008
My weirdo FanFest job prediction is Evoker, a magical Tank that works kinda like Clive from FFXVI. Summoner, but you do stuff in melee range.

But I dunno Geomancer, probably.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
im glad people seem to have come around on Geomancer instead of posting "but they're just conjurers/ASTs in the lore!!" anytime it comes up

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Countblanc posted:

but they're just conjurers/ASTs in the lore!!"

:colbert:

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist

Countblanc posted:

"but they're just conjurers/ASTs in the lore!!"

I don't say that because they're not ASTs.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Countblanc posted:

im glad people seem to have come around on Geomancer instead of posting "but they're just conjurers/ASTs in the lore!!" anytime it comes up

I'm the opposite. Wanted it back then but now I don't. I will want it again if the weapon is a Luopan.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Countblanc posted:

Posting objective facts has never stopped the geomancer cope, so why waste the posts

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!
White Mage has mostly lost the elemental flavoring, so sure, give it to Geomancer.

It's also one of the rare speculated jobs that actually has an in-game weapon model already, so that's neat.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
geomancer is as much conjurer as black mage is white mage, but the haters and trolls conveniently forget this, curious!

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

All I have to say is no more tank classes ever so I can continue having fast queue times.

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020
Calculator

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

Holy Prime Elevation

Doctor Epitaph
Dec 22, 2008
I can see Calculator being another Limited Job. You have to literally dial the rotation in on the NumPad.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Kheldarn posted:

With Fan Fest just a few days away, I have a question about how SA handles it…

Is a special Fan Fest thread created for it? Or will info just be posted in one (or both) of the existing threads (this one and/or the Spoiler thread)?

I was still on my 10 year FF14 hiatus when the last one happened, so I'm curious how it's handled. I'll be at work both days, so I won't be able to watch the streams for it. Wherever the info is posted here will be my best bet when I can sneak some time to check.

I think from what I remember it just kinda explodes on every thread.

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020
Alchemist would be another cool job. Buy lovely items to throw in combat

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.
A magical girl better suits a hero. (Sort of big time HW spoiler)

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

an entire job based on doing simple math like construct 7

Countblanc posted:

geomancer is as much conjurer as black mage is white mage, but the haters and trolls conveniently forget this, curious!

they cannot help that they were born hosed up

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

That Little Demon posted:

Alchemist would be another cool job. Buy lovely items to throw in combat

It'd have to be called Physician or Chemist since we already have a craft job called Alchemist. But yeah, I'd love something like that, just collect monster parts and Mix them.

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~

Mordiceius posted:

Lets talk pie-in-the-sky expansion wishes.

Multi-job duty finder queue.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Mr. Neutron posted:

Multi-job duty finder queue.

I don't see that one ever happening because you'd have to switch jobs in a very limited time window which is already a hassle when you do that manually while you're waiting, making it a required part of queueing would just result in more dropped instances.