Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

Bioshock Infinite is much more embarrassing than the original.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

which game contains the most art?

The Wicked ZOGA
Jan 27, 2022
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!
Remember Braid. That was art because it was about le bomb.

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"

The Wicked ZOGA posted:

Uh Ebert explicitly said Braid is not art.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

Terrible Opinions posted:

lol remembering how deep and thoughtful they tried to present the games story when it was just religion is bad as written by a teenager that had just discovered atheism

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

theatrhythm

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

Rea posted:

I remember Bioshock being kind of the first vanguard of the "games are art" movement in the late 2000s and looking back on it man that's embarrassing. I played the remastered version in 2021 and while it's an alright FPS with light RPG elements with decent writing for 2007 it's absolutely not what I would prop up for games-as-art.

I played BI at launch from start to finish and I didn't really like the game all that much but I hated the ending. It's the only game I've ever beaten and traded in the same day. Seeing all the praise for it made me feel like I was insane. Even today I talk to people who say it's one of their favorite games but none of them have played it since launch and near everyone who does completely turns on it

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009

Grassy Knowles posted:

Uh Ebert explicitly said Braid is not art.

the video of soulja boy playing it, on the other hand

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
furthermore it is wrong for the oppressed to be angry at their oppressors and maybe they are just as bad even.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

Dr. Cool Aids posted:

the video of soulja boy playing it, on the other hand

lol again

Rea
Apr 5, 2011

Komi-san won.

Terrible Opinions posted:

Pretty much the only thing I remember about Infinite at this point is that it took the main innovation of Bioshock 2, wielding both a weapon and a plasmid at the same time, and demoted plasmids to an extra button that still puts your weapon down for a bit, for no discernible reason.

The Wicked ZOGA posted:

Didn't Braid end with "what if Mario is actually the bad guy" or am I wildly misremembering that?

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

Sonic

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

it aint even got no point to the game, you just walk around jumping on poo poo. it look like mario in the future -- and it is mario in a business suit, with his hair died orange and a tie on.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
if mario was a bad guy no one would be able to stop him because he can jump really high and shoot fireballs and turn into a racoon among other animals

TheMightyBoops
Nov 1, 2016

Big Mad Drongo posted:

Yeah all gamers had to do was show him the latest advancements in jiggle physics and they'd have had their staunchest ally in mainstream media

“Okay, Xenoblade Chronicles 2 is art. I’m sorry. You were all right.”

Takes off glasses and puts on identical looking Gunnar glasses.

“Republic of gamers. Rise.”

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Mario Paint.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

furthermore it is wrong for the oppressed to be angry at their oppressors and maybe they are just as bad even.

This whole sequence remains the single worst thing I have ever seen in a game

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Big Mad Drongo posted:

Yeah all gamers had to do was show him the latest advancements in jiggle physics and they'd have had their staunchest ally in mainstream media

convincing Roger Ebert games are art by showing him Ivy from Soul Calibur

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"

pog boyfriend posted:

it aint even got no point to the game, you just walk around jumping on poo poo. it look like mario in the future -- and it is mario in a business suit, with his hair died orange and a tie on.

Mr Blow is a serious man. Please do not call him Mr Blowhard or David Blowie. He’s wearing a tie.

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH

Endorph posted:

treating the big video game tits as something to be embarrassed about and guide him away from and not something hed get hyped up for

If only he'd survived until the release of RE8, surely he'd have done an about face (once he was finished tugging at his collar as steam comically shot out of it)

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
throwing all this triple aids in the trash and presenting ebert the pinnacle of gaming dead or alive beach volleyball

Tenkaris
Feb 10, 2006

I would really prefer if you would be quiet.

Baba is You

TheMightyBoops
Nov 1, 2016

Grassy Knowles posted:

Mr Blow is a serious man. Please do not call him Mr Blowhard or David Blowie. He’s wearing a tie.

Bow tie.

Edit: Blow tie.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
i miss the days of the pretenious indie game developer melting down because people werent playing their game in the correct way...

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

Paladinus posted:

Mario Paint.

It's just math

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

Chapel, ShadowHawk, who was the third? Did ShadowHawk II get got the same way?

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

the thing is sonic is way more cooler than mario because he goes really fast and wears red shoes

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

pog boyfriend posted:

the thing is sonic is way more cooler than mario because he goes really fast and wears red SOAP(TM) Brand shoes

The Wicked ZOGA
Jan 27, 2022
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!
Mario has Toads in his ancestry which is why he's a weird little malformed runt

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

sonic, much like donald duck, hangs around minors while wearing no clothes on his lower body

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Luckily, I *did* save your old avatar. Fucked around and found out indeed.
who was the youtuber who gave the pope a copy of undertale and expected him to give a poo poo

Rea
Apr 5, 2011

Komi-san won.

Leraika posted:

who was the youtuber who gave the pope a copy of undertale and expected him to give a poo poo

The Game Theory guy, I think?

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?

Leraika posted:

It was fuckin Matpat

TheMightyBoops
Nov 1, 2016

HopperUK posted:

It was fuckin Matpat

Lol.

The Wicked ZOGA
Jan 27, 2022
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!
If you don't accept Jesus Christ as your Lord and Saviour, you're gonna have a bad time.

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

HopperUK posted:

It was fuckin Matpat

He keeps me apprised of all the Brand lore (real art)

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
lol

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
should have given the pope a copy of doom (classic)

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
people attach the most overwrought readings to some of the most basic mass-market content imaginable

NieR Occomata posted:

This weird revisionist history about Ragnarok being mediocre is just not true. It’s a loving great game with great combat, engaging characters, a well-told and enthralling story, incredible side content that is also told and engaged with supremely well in the game, great acting and dialog, and most importantly is a game that actually has a worldview and perspective and is unafraid to express it.

Again, I’m not joking, the entire game is one long dissection and reflection on post-Trump America and rejective of the brainrot that has seeped into the Democratic Party starting around the West Wing. It specifically and resoundingly rejects shithead centrist pragmatism, the shrugging “I mean, what can you do? Maybe he’ll grow into the job, and besides, we just don’t have the numbers to do anything” excuse-ridden apologia that characterizes modern democratic thought. It rejects the mantra of “a better world isn’t possible”, it highlights and exults in idealism over pragmatism, and at all turns it reinforces its belief that revolution is both possible and done on the front lines and not with Sorkin-rear end “How dare you sir!” speeches. And again, this is all being done in a game starring a bald angry dude with a head on his belt. It is a fearless game with perspective and is unafraid to actually form a coherent political opinion, which makes it all the more insane it got published without edits by fuckin’ Sony of all people.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XL07_xqlcS4