Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

nikosoft
Dec 17, 2011

ghost in the shell, but somehow much worse
College Slice

ChickenMedium posted:

The Firmament of the Heavens?

LOL post of the summer so far

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

Dejan Bimble posted:

I've been watching slam ball on espn+

No idea why this was brought back but it's an entertaining 2 seltzer 1 femtogram of thc watch

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming

Dejan Bimble posted:

Number one overall slamball draft pick immediatelly falls face first into the trampoline, not getting up and is hurt, after tripping on the edging part that's not level with the floor

This and dudes bricking dunks is like 90% of slam ball gameplay

TDepressionEarl
Oct 28, 2010

I'm trying to win the World Cup
but I'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps playing Argentina onside

america is rusting. china can make safe slamball.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

TDepressionEarl posted:

america is rusting. china can make safe slamball.

but at what cost?

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

A few more spots in the byogm game for anyone who missed the link earlier https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4037555

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

James Harden is the GOAT

https://twitter.com/FS_NBA1/status/1683089966707142656

https://twitter.com/EBGBuckets23/status/1683217084526780416

https://streamable.com/sd8vmt

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
A burger sounds good thank you James

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
James is absolutely earning that 30 mil this year.

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
One of the slamball color guys is an ex player. Lamonica Davis.

And the announcer asks him "What's the difference between slamball now and when you were playing?"

He says "it was more physical back then. The games softer now"

Every single ex-athlete has the same brain

Inside Outside
Jul 31, 2005

To be fair James Harden would skip his own wedding to eat burgers and go clubbing

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

ONURALP BITIM

ayo... is still frrrrrrrrom chicago and is BACK

i'm not going to freak out about Summer League Superstar Javon Freeman-Liberty but if he turns out to be a player in the league i will be kind of annoyed.

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

R.D. Mangles posted:

ONURALP BITIM

ayo... is still frrrrrrrrom chicago and is BACK

i'm not going to freak out about Summer League Superstar Javon Freeman-Liberty but if he turns out to be a player in the league i will be kind of annoyed.

He was good though

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Dejan Bimble posted:

He was good though

yeah he was and a lot of bulls fans are melting down that the bulls reportedly didn't even make him an offer. bulls have a terrible track record of this: they let dinwiddie go when they desperately needed a serviceable point guard and let strus go when they desperately needed shooting, so if JFL is the next guy who turns out to be an NBA rotation player that they had and let go for nothing i'll be annoyed.

DJ_Mindboggler
Nov 21, 2013

Dejan Bimble posted:

Every single ex-athlete has the same brain

The talent level of basically every sport has continuously improved for at least 70+ years. "Toughness" is the only thing old former players have going for them, since it's clear that the average quality of whatever game it is has only gotten better.

tanglewood1420
Oct 28, 2010

The importance of this mission cannot be overemphasized
James Harden getting back to his table in the VIP section, "Alright, five burgers. Now what do y'all want?"

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

time to make like my arteries and harden

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

tanglewood1420 posted:

James Harden getting back to his table in the VIP section, "Alright, five burgers. Now what do y'all want?"

I thought it was hilarious people elsewhere where legitimately arguing Harden was getting burgers for his entourage

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
https://twitter.com/sexwithuruncle/status/1682835738742648832

duodenum
Sep 18, 2005

Inside Outside posted:

To be fair James Harden would skip his own wedding to eat burgers and go clubbing

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

Voltes V: "Laser swooooooooord!"

R.D. Mangles posted:

this almost works but i really like it

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

R.D. Mangles posted:

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

Inside Outside posted:

It's his wedding. He should do what he loves. Being shackled by outside expectations into doing some bullshit on your wedding is for the birds.

e: this is assuming his partner is down for this plan

Veryslightlymad
Jun 3, 2007

I fight with
my brain
and with an
underlying
hatred of the
Erebonian
Noble Faction
Imagine James marrying some poor lady that, through a convoluted series of improbable miscommunication, as well as a media blindness equal to what he himself displayed with the blue line face mask was unaware of his lifestyle.

"Honey," she says. "Let's do whatever you want for our special day."

Edit

"All you gotta do is show up with your dress"

And then she unwittingly invites her closest family and friends, all just as improbably oblivious, as well as their plus ones, to watch her say her vows on a mirrored stage between two women that seem to be on a first name basis with her new husband, in a venue where his jersey hangs from the rafters.

The women started the ceremony wearing her same dress.

Veryslightlymad fucked around with this message at 15:23 on Jul 24, 2023

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

Veryslightlymad posted:

Imagine James marrying some poor lady

Ok

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

this is sure a post

https://twitter.com/paulpierce34/status/1683409979850788864

Veryslightlymad
Jun 3, 2007

I fight with
my brain
and with an
underlying
hatred of the
Erebonian
Noble Faction
"And now the rings," says the officiant. From the ceiling descend suspended aerialist rings, and for the next part of the ceremony, the strippers are upside down.

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002

I guess punctuation is a lost art.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

Lifespan posted:

I mean, that's been typical of online messages since the internet began.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Lifespan posted:

This reads like someone put a gun to his head and demand he explain why he’s better than Wade

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

CharlestheHammer posted:

This reads like someone put a gun to his head and demand he explain why he’s better than Wade

someone on Reddit posted a clip of Rose comparing Pierce's accomplishments to Wade's when Rose/Pierce were both on the ESPN desk and it seemed like it was right after Pierce compared them together so he was probably getting a lot of notifications about it and just wanted people to leave him alone

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.
Wade has the higher peak but Pierce has longevity in terms of playing a very high level. Pierce has him beat in career WS among other stats, even though I'd probably give the edge to Wade just in terms of impact.

Doesn't seem like a bad comparison? I think it's fair to claim they are really close and I could see arguments either way.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

IcePhoenix posted:

someone on Reddit posted a clip of Rose comparing Pierce's accomplishments to Wade's when Rose/Pierce were both on the ESPN desk and it seemed like it was right after Pierce compared them together so he was probably getting a lot of notifications about it and just wanted people to leave him alone

it really was an all-time moment
https://twitter.com/sportsgossip/status/1683138309827219456

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Ignore the haters Paul please continue to post through it.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Lockback posted:

Wade has the higher peak but Pierce has longevity in terms of playing a very high level. Pierce has him beat in career WS among other stats, even though I'd probably give the edge to Wade just in terms of impact.

Doesn't seem like a bad comparison? I think it's fair to claim they are really close and I could see arguments either way.

Wade's career PER is higher than every season of Pierce except his best (which is higher by 0.1) lol

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

Paul Pierce poo poo his pants in more Finals games than Wade, which is really all that matters.

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

Pierce does not seem mentally well. That's kind of sad.

Dwyane Wade runs laps around him in terms of legacy. Pierce's best year might be Wade's 6th, Wade was a #1 on one title team and a #2 on two more while Pierce just has 08 where he incorrectly won MVP (Garnett had a higher WS, Allen had a higher GameSc).

Alfred P. Pseudonym posted:

Paul Pierce poo poo his pants in more Finals games than Wade, which is really all that matters.

:hmmyes:

Veryslightlymad
Jun 3, 2007

I fight with
my brain
and with an
underlying
hatred of the
Erebonian
Noble Faction
Imagine being a sure thing hall of famer and getting upset about not being clearly better than another sure thing hall of famer.

Imagine criticizing a sure thing hall of famer for not being clearly better than another one.

Why are we like this? Power levels are bad enough when we're comparing fictional characters, let alone real people.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Beadle's ad-libs here are so good lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005
Wade's peak is better than Kobe's