Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep
Sam Alt Bankman

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Which nimrod is Sam Altman again?

Something to do with necromorphs I think?

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

the guy called greedo is greedy, the guy called Sam Altman is the alternate Sam Bankman

Black Noise
Jan 23, 2008

WHAT UP

I read so many pages trying to figure out what CLICK TO BREED was and it was right here all along.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
These guys need artificial intelligence, because their natural one is not working that well.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day
SBF walks in with glasses and a fake mustache

"I'm Sam "B" Bankman, totally different guy...the "B" is for Bitcoin."

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep

DAD LOST MY IPOD posted:

the guy called greedo is greedy, the guy called Sam Altman is the alternate Sam Bankman

Thats how characters are named in Death Stranding

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos
Wow really ground breaking stuff. By contemplating the Orb, we can prove we are not a Nazi language model.

Crust First
May 1, 2013

Wrong lads.
Snail Racing was/is a thing in Second Life! Web3 really is just "shittier crypto Second Life".

https://slnewser.blogspot.com/2022/10/dropping-by-giant-snail-races.html

quote:

The Giant Snail Races are one of those "only in Second Life" events. They were a feature in Second Life's heyday, and years later today, they're still around. RacerX Gullwing is still running them, these days in Gullwing Shire near the tiny community of Raglan Shire.

Dropping by Saturday October 1, the theme for the races was Medieval, with the snails in princess, dragon, and knight costumes. As usual, the races took place through an obstacle course that included jumps, a maze, and going up a ramp dodging rocks rolling down. There was also a Best in Show competition in which the audience could vote for the best snail costume, and RacerX gave the folks a chance to try for a few Lindens by getting into a ball and getting into a giant pachinko machine.

BrewingTea
Jun 2, 2004

Just don't get caught playing one of these games at work...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K0OSfbPJFa4

Plan R
Oct 5, 2021

For Romeo

The Lone Badger posted:

Something to do with necromorphs I think?

MakeUsWhole Coin Launching Today!

for fucks sake
Jan 23, 2016

Schedule orb visit

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Funge my transaction ledger orb daddy

BoldFace
Feb 28, 2011
The best thing about Worldcoin is that it isn't even available in the US because they know it is illegal to collect people's biometric data like that.

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

for fucks sake posted:

Schedule orb visit

"After visiting an Orb, a biometric verification device, you will receive a World ID. This lets you prove you are a real and unique person online while remaining completely private."

https://worldcoin.org

So, another identity theft coin.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Please tell me you need to spit into the orb, so it can collect bio material from you.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

BigBadSteve posted:

unique person online while remaining completely private

lol, sure

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

Paladinus posted:

Please tell me you need to spit into the orb, so it can collect bio material from you.

Spit? No. Not spit...

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster
What is a good response to someone that says the blockchain could be useful because multiple computers can't be hacked?

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat

Lammasu posted:

What is a good response to someone that says the blockchain could be useful because multiple computers can't be hacked?

"go gently caress yourself"

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!
The proper response is to chuckle and make a mental note to never trust that person on any tech stuff

BrewingTea
Jun 2, 2004

Lammasu posted:

"Citation needed"

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Don't ask me about Sonic the Hedgehog diaper fetish

Paladinus posted:

nah it just needs your eyes

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos

Lammasu posted:

"Why am I only listening to the computers?"

StrangersInTheNight
Dec 31, 2007
ABSOLUTE FUCKING GUDGEON
I do love how blockchainbros thought that proof of every transaction was going to be what stopped scamming in its tracks. It's so clear they never understood how it works, that when someone is scammed out of money, that you can know who has it but that the cops are not going to be like 'wow great you have proof we can go get it back and storm someone's house to retrieve the ill-gotten gains'.

The cops are going to say 'well good for you that you have proof, but you technically gave it away so we can't help you' and then do absolutely nothing. Which is exactly what happened and all of these idiots had shocked Pikachu faces the whole time.

Dial A For Awesome
May 23, 2009

Lammasu posted:

I don’t need to illicitly edit the blockchain held on multiple computers to steal your butts. I just need to compromise the user’s computer so that it sends the butts to me. Or trick you to send me your butts.

Or create my own super-duper blockchain pogs, get you to buy them and then run away with your money.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
so when you get ID at the bar , for medicine, or other things and you whip out a phone and then what?

also never mind the final step in the chain means your realworld ID is then linked to this bockcoinchain thing so the anon. is lost with bouncer, store clerk, office clerk, etc.

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

Is that the orb from Men in Black that sears off your fingerprints

Dial A For Awesome
May 23, 2009

Lammasu posted:

This reminds me of an old Stewart Lee routine about experts: https://youtu.be/FzOv14fA-BI

Substitute the punchline with “but what if the blockchain made it really hard to hack”.

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

Remind them while machines are pretty annoying to hack, the people controlling them are incredibly easy to hack.

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos

PhazonLink posted:

so when you get ID at the bar , for medicine, or other things and you whip out a phone and then what?

also never mind the final step in the chain means your realworld ID is then linked to this bockcoinchain thing so the anon. is lost with bouncer, store clerk, office clerk, etc.
The Blockchain doesn't tell them who you are. It tells them you are 1. Not a robot 2. A different person than someone else.

You would know this if you contemplated the Orb.

Lord Stimperor
Jun 13, 2018

I'm a lovable meme.

Please, please, please make a "Click to breed" gang tag, I'm begging you

RocketMermaid
Mar 30, 2004

My pronouns are She/Heir.

Paladinus posted:

Click Orb to breed.

JAnon
Jul 16, 2023

so he's just pitching the Amero but shittier? and it steals your identity?

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

everyone keeps asking me if they can breed the orb

Black Noise
Jan 23, 2008

WHAT UP

MC Breedcoin - Ain't no future in yo FIAT

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3QdrkqqJ5Sg

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Take 1 tablet by mouth daily.
I breed and sell actual live IRL physical snails. How can I get these on the blockchain? Do I use teeny tiny tools to engrave the address onto the shell? How does someone know if a shell contains a live snail or if it's empty before they buy? On the Blockchain. It's easy in real life. Do snails on the blockchain ever truly die?

So many questions, I didn't know snails + blockchain was a winning combo.

I can sell an NFT of a snail and smash the real snail and still have the value right? Can I apply slurp juices to snails? They all have different shell patterns and sizes and shapes so they are non-fungibale right?

istewart
Apr 13, 2005

Still contemplating why I didn't register here under a clever pseudonym

Desert Bus posted:

Can I apply slurp juices to snails?

isn't this called escargot

Thom Yorke raps
Nov 2, 2004

Desert Bus posted:

I breed and sell actual live IRL physical snails. How can I get these on the blockchain? Do I use teeny tiny tools to engrave the address onto the shell? How does someone know if a shell contains a live snail or if it's empty before they buy? On the Blockchain. It's easy in real life. Do snails on the blockchain ever truly die?

So many questions, I didn't know snails + blockchain was a winning combo.

I can sell an NFT of a snail and smash the real snail and still have the value right? Can I apply slurp juices to snails? They all have different shell patterns and sizes and shapes so they are non-fungibale right?

Are there luxury breeds of snail?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hello Sailor
May 3, 2006

we're all mad here

Thom Yorke raps posted:

Are there luxury breeds of snail?

lookit this rube who's never heard of purity 20 snails