Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

FurtherReading
Sep 4, 2007

I just tried visiting twitter on my desktop and was asked for an authenticator app code. I never set up an authenticator app, but I had chosen the SMS option for my 2FA. Turn out that SMS 2FA is now a twitter blue only option. So I guess I + anyone else who used it were quietly switched to be using an authenticator without our knowledge, effectively locking us out of our accounts?

Luckily I could remove the fake authenticator and add a real one as I was still logged in via the mobile app.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wiltsghost
Mar 27, 2011

If you reload twitter it shows a splash screen x for a second.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Yeah, that was some months ago. It succeeded in getting blue uptake to rise by gently caress all to a total of substantially gently caress all.

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

Zuck really REALLY needs to pounce and make threads a desktop site with embeddable and sharable tweets already

Having it be mobile only sucks

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

Seems like the US Patent Office gave Meta a patent on the X mark as it relates to social media.

Toxic Mental posted:

Zuck really REALLY needs to pounce and make threads a desktop site with embeddable and sharable tweets already

Having it be mobile only sucks
That's by design, for what it's worth - Meta are gambling on being able to mine more information from smartphone users because of smartphone OS permissions fuckery they think they can get away with.
It's also why it's not available in the EU, because Meta knows they'd get loving sued for the whole 4% of profits via GDPR.

BlankSystemDaemon fucked around with this message at 23:39 on Jul 24, 2023

Bobcats
Aug 5, 2004
Oh
You don’t tweet on X you … 500 :imunfunny:

ColdPie
Jun 9, 2006

Further Reading posted:

I just tried visiting twitter on my desktop and was asked for an authenticator app code. I never set up an authenticator app, but I had chosen the SMS option for my 2FA. Turn out that SMS 2FA is now a twitter blue only option. So I guess I + anyone else who used it were quietly switched to be using an authenticator without our knowledge, effectively locking us out of our accounts?

Luckily I could remove the fake authenticator and add a real one as I was still logged in via the mobile app.

You would've been more lucky if you had been locked out forever.

Dicty Bojangles
Apr 14, 2001

BlankSystemDaemon posted:

Seems like the US Patent Office gave Meta a patent on the X mark as it relates to social media.

That's by design, for what it's worth - Meta are gambling on being able to mine more information from smartphone users because of smartphone OS permissions fuckery they think they can get away with.
It's also why it's not available in the EU, because Meta knows they'd get loving sued for the whole 4% of profits via GDPR.

That’s a trademark, not a patent. But yes, like most things, Elon is incapable of any original thought.

5er
Jun 1, 2000

xXxTw1t3rZxXx

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

Dr Spangle posted:

New employee uniforms just dropped

lol

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

Dicty Bojangles posted:

That’s a trademark, not a patent. But yes, like most things, Elon is incapable of any original thought.
Right, sorry - I meant to write trademark (I did everywhere else when I linked that..), but just hosed up here.

temple
Jul 29, 2006

I have actual skeletons in my closet
elon in a cave, softing saying :bisonyes: as the camera zooms out to an x shaped island

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
If that gets him killed by secret agents, I am all for it.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

So instead of a tweet, we post a Grimes?

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

SulfurMonoxideCute posted:

no that's when you block someone

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost

:perfect:

dookieblunt
Jan 6, 2023

shoot the core!

raifield posted:

So every time I reply to someone, I get free drugs? That seems pretty awesome actually

Free cough syrup for anyone who DMs you

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

oh gently caress I'm gonna xeet

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

Someone elsewhere pointed out that the US Patent Office also gave Microsoft a trademark on the X mark as it relates to chat rooms.

Watch Elon get double-teamed by Microsoft and Meta.

cr0y
Mar 24, 2005

Surely xwixxer will massively profitable now

Steadiman
Jan 31, 2006

Hey...what kind of party is this? there's no booze and only one hooker!

silly sevens
* swings legs over a backwards facing chair and sits down, solemnly looking around the crowd * "Hey kids, let's X"

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

I think it's pretty clear Elon didn't clear this X rebrand with twitter's lawyers. Literally just a 3 A.M. adderall snorting session that got out of hand it seems.

emSparkly
Nov 21, 2022

I'm open to interpretation!

The bastard went and did it.

raifield
Feb 21, 2005

emSparkly posted:

The bastard went and did it.

And yet the title bar still says "Log in to Twitter / Twitter" and the branding assets still have the bird.

raifield fucked around with this message at 00:09 on Jul 25, 2023

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan
"brand x" is a joke about something being incredibly generic, how do i google "x" and get the results i need?

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

I seriously CANNOT believe how stupid Elon Musk is. It's both hilarious and sad.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner
The Joker approves.

Which you know, seems right for Elon.

XYZAB
Jun 29, 2003

HNNNNNGG!!
Is “xeet” pronounced with a Z, a Ж, or a KH?

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Nah, they're called X-cretions.

Wait, I guess "a Grimes" works in that context after all.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?
Elon, stop trying to make X happen. It's not going to happen.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
He'll just keep forcing it until it turns into a thoroughly unpleasant analogy.

The Grimace
Sep 18, 2005

Are you a BigMac of imbeciles!?
Find yourself someone you wanna gently caress as much as Elon Musk wants to gently caress the letter X

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
This is the biggest push for manic depressive bipolarity awareness in the US I've ever seen

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
https://twitter.com/realGulDukat/status/1683553735614558208?t=sZSwZ8PhSpckWEG_AbGCBA&s=19

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost
When you X and she still tweetin

chird
Sep 26, 2004

Modal Auxiliary posted:

Super disappointed that we've mentioned X Japan like four times but haven't posted any videos, so everyone please watch this and the maybe blow up Twitter with it or whatever.

*defiantly X-salutes, sobbing*

This Is the Zodiac
Feb 4, 2003

Should I X my ex?

FlocksOfMice
Feb 3, 2009
I love that it still just says twitter and tweet everywhere. Smartest man in the world.

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

Wiltsghost posted:

If you reload twitter it shows a splash screen x for a second.

OOOHHHH FUUUUCK YOURE GONNA MAKE ME XEET SOOO HARD!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Habibi
Dec 8, 2004

We have the capability to make San Jose's first Cup Champion.

The Sharks could be that Champion.

XYZAB posted:

Is “xeet” pronounced with a Z, a Ж, or a KH?

It's pronounced like the "x" in Chinese transliterations so "xeet" = "sheet."

It's all sheet all the way down.