Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

Well ain't that precious?

The MSJ posted:

As far as I'm concerned the only good VPN ads are made by Big Money Salvia.

The internet Historian makes pretty good ones.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

First of May posted:

Does anyone have a link to that commercial for a VPN with all the restaurant goers sipping from the same soup ladle? I need it for a demonstration at work.

I thought that was a commercial for when the EC standardized USB?

Edit: this one?

Len has a new favorite as of 03:20 on Jul 15, 2023

First of May
May 1, 2017
🎵 Bring your favorite lady, or at least your favorite lay! 🎵

Len posted:

I thought that was a commercial for when the EC standardized USB?

Edit: this one?

That's the one! Gratzi.

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

The MSJ posted:

As far as I'm concerned the only good VPN ads are made by Big Money Salvia.

Crypto explained

E: This isn’t TCC so let me be very clear.

DO NOT DO SALVIA

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

EMAIL... THE INTERNET... SEARCH ENGINES...

goatsestretchgoals posted:

Crypto explained

DO NOT DO SALVIA

... Do crypto instead?

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Allright chief you got it

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Take 1 tablet by mouth daily.
I trade crypto while on salvia. It's the ultimate rush.

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

Agents are GO! posted:

Allright chief you got it

Check in pls

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

10-4 good buddy

All my apes, lost, like tears in the rain.

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"

Crypto explained

DO NOT DO SALVIA

Don’t tell me what to do; I’ll be back in 20 minutes. Don’t ask why I’m sweaty. It’s very hot outside. I assume.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Desert Bus posted:

I trade crypto while on salvia. It's the ultimate rush.

A classic account

https://twitter.com/icowid/status/957675133954547712

https://twitter.com/icowid/status/956453801094868993?s=20

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

Magnificent

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

Can you still buy drugs with bitcoin or is that ruined too?

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌

If you don't mind the FBI having an unerasable record of all of your drug transactions sure

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

Cocaine on the blockchain!

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

TITTIEKISSER69 posted:

Cocaine on the blockchain!

I mint an NFT of every line before I snort it. That way I retain its value and can later sell it to someone else.

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌

The Lone Badger posted:

I mint an NFT of every line before I snort it. That way I retain its value and can later sell it to someone else.

The Slurp Juice post only Slurp Juice is Jenkem.

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Well don't you know I'm caught in a trap?

Breetai posted:

If you don't mind the FBI having an unerasable record of all of your drug transactions sure

According to experts in the field, you can still launder the money around enough to keep it from being traceable, but it's a huge pain in the rear end and takes a lot more eddort than it used to.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

I hate eddort.

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

Agents are GO! posted:

I hate eddort.

So did the focus groups! That’s why he’s named Eddard now.

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Well don't you know I'm caught in a trap?

ds are just fancy fs

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"

Elviscat posted:

ds are just fancy fs

Fs nuts

Taeke
Feb 2, 2010

Dude I used to know back in the day got into bitcoin super early this way. He'd buy/sell psychedelics and research chemicals and poo poo on the dark web/silk road (?) back when a bitcoin was only a couple of bucks in the early 2010s. Told me he saved a lot of them and had like hundreds or even thousands stashed away in case the price went insane in the future, so I guess he's a millionaire now lol. Unfortunately not only did bitcoin go insane but he did too, what with all the drugs and poo poo. Went from a super shy, nerdy teen in secondary school to a 'shaman' that would only incoherently talk about drugs and spirituality to institutionalized last I heard. Poor guy, but also everyone around him was warning him about doing research chemicals and acid and poo poo on a nearly daily basis wasn't a good idea, so whatever.

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

"All this, for me? 💃Ah, you didn't have to! 🥰"
What a diverse shade range for this makeup! :rolleyes:

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos

Read After Burning posted:

I literally can't tell the difference in this picture between 3 and 4, 5 and 6, or 11-13.

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

Prism posted:

I literally can't tell the difference in this picture between 3 and 4, 5 and 6, or 11-13.

Likely the undertones.

And lol, yeah, welcome to the cosmetics industry this is still a major issue!!!!!!!!!

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

Read After Burning posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_BADDeIQWVQ

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!
You realize the cap isn't the color, right?

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

"All this, for me? 💃Ah, you didn't have to! 🥰"

Sentient Data posted:

I can't speak for others, but I'm not looking at the caps, I'm looking at the tube.

Foundation and other "skin tone" products have long had the issue of "ten different shades of white person" while only having one or two options for dark skin. It's just sad that it's STILL happening in 2023.

Apparently some brands try to combat this by ONLY offering darker shade ranges, but of course that leads to some dumbass white person whining that one of 5,000 makeup companies isn't catering directly to us. That's more of a thing for the IoSM thread though.

Read After Burning has a new favorite as of 01:50 on Jul 25, 2023

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Sentient Data posted:

no cap fr

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Take 1 tablet by mouth daily.

Sentient Data posted:

Is the cap blue or gold?

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!
In that case don't trust your eyes when looking at additive colors on a non calibrated monitor. It'll never be correct, especially since I'm sure they didn't put effort into preserving the accuracy in that file in the first place

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
i deliver to sephora sometimes and if you put a gun to my head, i would have no idea what 90% of the poo poo in there is or does. but there does seem to be a lot of colorful tones so I think they're ahead of whatever that is.

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

The issue is not so much Sephora as the historical marketing decisions of the beauty industry. Compare the shade range offered by Fenty Beauty, founded and owned by Rihanna. Note how many more individual shades in the non-Caucasian range there are.

e: One of their ads.

Arsenic Lupin has a new favorite as of 02:55 on Jul 25, 2023

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

:golfclap:

Zero_Grade
Mar 18, 2004

Darktider 🖤🌊

~Neck Angels~

For those who somehow missed it, over the weekend Elon Musk decided that it was time to change Twitter's name/branding/everything.

Still developing, but this has potential to be a marketing disaster all-timer.

Marcade
Jun 11, 2006

Who are you to glizzy gobble El Vago's marshmussy?

Gonna be the second X to die before their time.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Zero_Grade posted:

For those who somehow missed it, over the weekend Elon Musk decided that it was time to change Twitter's name/branding/everything.

Still developing, but this has potential to be a marketing disaster all-timer.

The other funny part is that this is a profoundly stupid idea he's been obsessed with for almost a quarter of a century, he just finally got to the point where he could do it to something without anyone saying no.

https://twitter.com/chafkin/status/1683475959981264900

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe
The other other funny part is that Microsoft and Facebook both hold trademarks on X, including specifically in the context of a social media site.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Captain Hygiene posted:

The other funny part is that this is a profoundly stupid idea he's been obsessed with for almost a quarter of a century, he just finally got to the point where he could do it to something without anyone saying no.

the holy poopacy posted:

The other other funny part is that Microsoft and Facebook both hold trademarks on X, including specifically in the context of a social media site.

That's why he's doing all the changes live and without any planning or phasing, he wants to present it as a 'fait accompli' that's too late to stop.