Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
Yeah. I remember Regular Show doing nerd 80s poo poo and Steven Universe doing straight homage stuff and being way :swoon: because it was used in a good way and not just slapped on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

which western cartoon will implement yutapon cubes in their action sequence first

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

FilthyImp posted:

Yeah. I remember Regular Show doing nerd 80s poo poo and Steven Universe doing straight homage stuff and being way :swoon: because it was used in a good way and not just slapped on.

I still think about Garnet's punch duel when they had to confront Lapis for the first time. Those always get me hype.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!

SlothfulCobra posted:

what the gently caress did you say to me

Do you mean this in a "actually that show ruled" way or a "wait that actually existed" way

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.
So, is it even a fan theory or just text that all this tech is stolen Kryptonian tech? in My Adventures With Superman?

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Currently just fan, but I am betting it is.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

BioEnchanted posted:

That's just Seto Kaiba.

That's just children's card game Lex.

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

Junpei posted:

Do you mean this in a "actually that show ruled" way or a "wait that actually existed" way

The latter.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.
I've been rewatching Centaurworld and I like the little bits of foreshadowing in the final episode of season 1, like the Mural in the palace where the Nowhere King sets up shop. The series previously established that the Woman painted the mural in Centaurworld, and the one in the palace is in the same style. In the second season we see that she used to be some sort of princess and that palace was her home. In the mural above the throne, it shows her in love with someone. While she ended up marrying the General, it's clear the mural predates that because it shows her and the Elktaur, completely whole. Not separated, and not without his horns. She was in love with him right from the start, and imagined and longed for a future with him, but his self-hatred ruined that seed before it could germinate. It's a lovely bit of tragic foreshadowing.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Back to MAWS, I’m glad Lois found out about Clark sooner rather than later (or not at all as I believe was the case in STAS), looking forward to seeing where things go from here

TheThirst
Oct 26, 2006

Lately I've been feeling drained--I only wish to be entertained

Larryb posted:

Back to MAWS, I’m glad Lois found out about Clark sooner rather than later (or not at all as I believe was the case in STAS), looking forward to seeing where things go from here

They wanted to have Lois find out about Superman back in Justice League Unlimited but DC vetoed it. I'm glad they get to do it in this show, I'm really excited to see the dynamics of all the characters.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

TheThirst posted:

They wanted to have Lois find out about Superman back in Justice League Unlimited but DC vetoed it. I'm glad they get to do it in this show, I'm really excited to see the dynamics of all the characters.

I imagine Jimmy will be let in on the secret soon as well (he’s kind of a third wheel at the moment)

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Enjoyed this episode though I do hope that Supes will eventually fight some of his non tech-based opponents, or at least alien tech-based enemies like Brainiac. It works as a connection between all the villains for the sake of the overall plot but I wouldn't mind Lobo crashing the party for fun.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Arc Hammer posted:

Enjoyed this episode though I do hope that Supes will eventually fight some of his non tech-based opponents, or at least alien tech-based enemies like Brainiac. It works as a connection between all the villains for the sake of the overall plot but I wouldn't mind Lobo crashing the party for fun.

Brainiac already has a confirmed VA (as do Mr. Mxyzptlk, Lana, and Supergirl) so he’s definitely showing up at some point

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
I hope they work in Lori Lemaris somehow.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
*walking out of a theatre*

I mean, a Mermaid? Really. With a human? How would that even work?

*Clark shuffles his gaze awkwardly*

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
I assume they're going heavy on the human tech villains to tie them all together for this first arc. Ivo, Cadmus, and street rogues like Intergang and Livewire all seem to be connected, even if it's not clear whether we're looking at a single harmonious operation or a corporate/state power struggle.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

Dawgstar posted:

I am told when it leans into the relationship stuff, it's charming, but when it's just the girl bullying the guy it's mostly odd fetish material.

Yeah but the latter only lasts for like two to three episodes at the start so it’s kinda whatever.

koolkal
Oct 21, 2008

this thread maybe doesnt have room for 2 green xbox one avs
That anime/manga is very horny for its 15? year old female character and creepy as poo poo

Perfect for the Kids Show thread

Anyway, glad the Superman show moved on from the whole Lois being blind thing

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

koolkal posted:

Perfect for the Kids Show thread
I have some unfortunate truths to tell you about anime viewership in the U.S. ...

ThermoPhysical
Dec 26, 2007

https://twitter.com/IGN/status/1683417007721512960

This is happening apparently. Ryan Reynolds is bringing back Biker Mice from Mars.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
Mint Mobile must be doing gangbusters

Fezz
Aug 31, 2001

You should feel ashamed.
He sold it to T-Mobile, so I think he's doing ok.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Ryan Reynolds is also bringing back ALF it seems:

https://deadline.com/2023/07/ryan-reynolds-alf-maximum-effort-channel-1235446309/

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

He's back! In Reynolds form!

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
He better bring back Ian Ziering for BMFM :argh:

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

What is Reynolds doing?

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.
Probably just whatever the hell he wants to do. It's a weird decision but I kind of respect it.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Arist posted:

He's back! In Reynolds form!

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

How many properties did Reynolds buy recently anyway?

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Stuff like Mint Mobile or the gin is a cycle he's got worked out where he buys something, does it up a bit, uses his Star Power to skyrocket its profile and advertise the hell out of it, dramatically increase the value, and then sell it for a huge profit. Stuff like Wrexham and presumably weird old cartoons seem to just be him doing passion projects because he can? Which, screw it, if I had his money and profile I'd resurrect my favourite kid shows too.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

He's going to buy Street Sharks next and make Roxie real.

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!
If I had Ryan Reynolds money, I would bring back Exo Squad and fund Venture Brothers in perpetuity. :colbert:

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

if i had ryan reynolds money i'd buy some of the killed animation off of WB Discovery and then release it into the public domain

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

The 7th Guest posted:

if i had ryan reynolds money i'd buy some of the killed animation off of WB Discovery and then release it into the public domain

I'd buy the rights to old British cartoon Captain Zed and the Zee Zone and try to get the 10 lost episodes restored at least. There are only 10 episodes on a youtube playlist that are legible and the others are practically lost, but of those 10 episodes there is consistent characterisation, imaginative plots and even expanding lore that recontextualises the dream patrol by showing it in a greater context.

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2

I AM GRANDO posted:

He's going to buy Street Sharks next and make Roxie real.
No, there is another
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P4HLBfTcAUg

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2
Over the Garden Wall is going away, and that's especially bad news because so far HBO Max has not actually shopped most of their removed kids shows anywhere else

https://comicbook.com/anime/news/max-removals-august-2023-cartoon-network-adult-swim/
https://twitter.com/TheOscarGoff/status/1683821541388177409
https://www.tiktok.com/embed/7259868315428982059

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

So it's still likely to stay on Hulu in this case, at least?

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

MikeJF posted:

So it's still likely to stay on Hulu in this case, at least?

According to Elijah Wood

https://twitter.com/elijahwood/status/1683678519824355329

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Well at least it’s not an Infinity Train situation where even the show’s creator admitted the only way to watch it now was through piracy

On another note, any further word lately on that Dead End Paranormal Park comic that was supposed to wrap up the story?

Also how’s that Danny Phantom comic that came out recently?

Larryb fucked around with this message at 16:11 on Jul 26, 2023