Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rides Naked
Jun 4, 2006

Program, Whale, Program
the https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chocolate_salami and the https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Turnip_water

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Armitag3
Mar 15, 2020

Forget it Jake, it's cybertown.

my favorite limp bizkit album

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN
On Titanic's maiden voyage in April 1912,[3] First Officer Petersen (Hans Nielsen), the sole German crew member on board, begs the arrogant Bruce Ismay to slow the ship while sailing through ice-infested North Atlantic waters, but Ismay refuses and pressures the weak-willed Captain Smith (Otto Wernicke) to keep up the vessel's record-breaking speed. Because of Ismay's recklessness, Titanic hits an iceberg and begins to sink. The passengers in First Class act like cowards, while Petersen, his Russian aristocrat ex-lover Sigrid Olinsky (Sybille Schmitz), and several German passengers in steerage behave bravely and with dignity.

As the water ravages through the ship, Petersen finds a young girl, left to die in her cabin by her uncaring capitalist parents.

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

I found this on Wikipedia:

quote:

The 999 phone charging myth is an urban legend that claims that if a mobile phone has low battery then dialling 999 (or any regional emergency telephone number) charges the phone so it has more power.

And I thought that and the rest of the article were quite silly but not silly enough to post here.

Then I looked at the talk page.

ColTim
Oct 29, 2011
The Dog explosion is more popularly known for an image taken of those viewing it than the actual explosion itself; the photograph depicts numerous VIPs wearing safety goggles sitting on Adirondack chairs while being illuminated by the flash of the detonation.[2][3]

Jabberlock
Nov 29, 2014

ColTim posted:

The Dog explosion is more popularly known for an image taken of those viewing it than the actual explosion itself; the photograph depicts numerous VIPs wearing safety goggles sitting on Adirondack chairs while being illuminated by the flash of the detonation.[2][3]

I hope the dog is okay

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.
In the mid 1990s, numerous US states enacted seven-deadly-sins laws to combat so-called teen "superpredators," a predicted wave of remorseless teenaged criminals. However, this prediction did not come to fruition.[3]

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Mods please change my name to "Tooter Skeleton" TIA.

Jabberlock posted:

I hope the dog is okay

it's ok it was one of those bomb dogs

Rides Naked
Jun 4, 2006

Program, Whale, Program

goblin week posted:

In the mid 1990s, numerous US states enacted seven-deadly-sins laws to combat so-called teen "superpredators," a predicted wave of remorseless teenaged criminals. However, this prediction did not come to fruition.[3]

Cause I'm just a teenage superpredator baybee

alexandriao
Jul 20, 2019

goblin week posted:

Obviously the lead was important for keeping civil order!!!!!!!1

alexandriao
Jul 20, 2019

Powerful Two-Hander posted:

it's ok it was one of those bomb dogs

I'm glad the dog looked fly but did it survive!!!

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shitposting

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

How the gently caress did a link turn my monitor off :mad:

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

Deepfake, a more elaborate adaptation of the same concept

Deep Dish Fuckfest
Sep 6, 2006

Advanced
Computer Touching

Toilet Rascal
All of this demonstrated that Japan was now part of the first world and a technological leader, and at the same time demonstrated how other countries might modernize.[45] In preparation for the games, 200,000 stray cats and dogs were rounded up and killed.[47]

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

In 1860, the British scientist Frederick Guthrie synthesized and characterized the mustard agent compound and noted its irritating properties, especially in tasting.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
reaction 1: lol, typical british person, thinking mustard is too spicy

reaction 2: oh wait, THAT kind of mustard

Deep Dish Fuckfest
Sep 6, 2006

Advanced
Computer Touching

Toilet Rascal
that's just how chemistry worked back then. synthesize some weird new organic molecule no one's seen before then give it the taste test

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

In 2006, Fiji Water ran an advertisement stating, "The label says Fiji because it's not bottled in Cleveland". This was taken as an insult by the US city's water department.[26]

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

This article is about the cotton fabric. For the Italian stationery brand, see Moleskine. For the actual skin of moles, see Mole (animal) § Pelts.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012
Buglord
it takes so many moles to make a mole leather jacket

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

Captain Hygiene posted:

In 2006, Fiji Water ran an advertisement stating, "The label says Fiji because it's not bottled in Cleveland". This was taken as an insult by the US city's water department.[26]

eastern lake erie has some of the best tasting tap water next to nyc. shoulda used Miami or smth

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
friend of mine in san jose keeps getting white calcium flakes in his water

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
The island was under Korean control until 1860 Convention of Peking, when the Russian Empire took over the island. When the Joseon government found this out in the 1880s, this became a matter of protest to the Koreans,

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Born           12 August 1930
               Uccle, Belgium
Died           5 December 2021 (aged 91)
               13th arrondissement, Paris, France
Citizenship    Belgian (1930–1974)
               French (since 1974)
Alma mater     Free University of Brussels
Known for      Tits alternative
               Tits building
               Tits cone
               Tits group
               Tits index
               Tits metric
               Tits systems

Peanut Butler
Jul 25, 2003

Sham bam bamina! posted:

friend of mine in san jose keeps getting white calcium flakes in his water

this is normal where i live when yr water softener is messed up

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012
Buglord
baby riding a turd frog

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

The show has also aired on Channel 4 and The Children's Channel in the UK, on Welsh language channel S4C as "Mr. Bogel" in Wales, as well as on Telefutura program block, Toonturama as "El Señor Bogus" in United States with Spanish-dubbed, on TV Globo in Brazil, on TVN in Chile, ANT1 in Greece, on Arutz HaYeladim in Israel as "Mr. Bluffer", on Max in Australia, on Fun Channel in the Middle East, on M-Net in South Africa, on Bahrain 55 in Bahrain, on TV2 in New Zealand, on ABS-CBN in The Philippines, on Channel 5 in Singapore, on Channel 2 in Jordan, on Dubai 33 in the UAE, on Canal J in France, on Tele 3 and TVP3 in Poland, on kabel eins in Germany, on MBC C&I in South Korea, on TV3 in Sweden, on PTV4 in Finland, on Saudi 2 in Saudi Arabia, on TV3 in Malaysia and on TV6 in Russia.

ColTim
Oct 29, 2011
Fish that look like psychedelic paintings are often referred to as psychedelic fish, while fish that can give you hallucinations if you eat them are often called hallucinogenic fish.

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually
In 1979, locals became aware of the scale of the problem when a gas-station owner, then-mayor John Coddington, inserted a dipstick into one of his underground tanks to check the fuel level. When he withdrew it, it seemed hot. He lowered a thermometer into the tank on a string and was shocked to discover that the temperature of the gasoline in the tank was 172 °F (77.8 °C).[18]

is that bad?

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
The cats were flown out of Singapore and delivered in crates dropped by parachutes as part of a broader program of supplying cats to combat a plague of rats.

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
The episode was well liked by critics, including IGN writer Jonah Krakow, who rated it 9.4 out of 10 and awarded it the IGN.com Editor's Choice Award.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

quote:

Honor societies

There are numerous honor societies at High Point.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

The unlikelihood of a cellist's posture contributing to scrotal injury was raised back in 1974, but seems to have been overlooked.[5]

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
They made some "spooky internet advertisements" for Halloween in 2017. This led to many customers feeling uneasy and was ultimately an unsuccessful marketing campaign.

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.
In practical terms, this is a very inefficient form of locomotion, but its simplicity, ease of use, low cost, and cheerful appearance appeal to children.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Sham bam bamina! posted:

They made some "spooky internet advertisements" for Halloween in 2017. This led to many customers feeling uneasy and was ultimately an unsuccessful marketing campaign.

Sounds like a success to me, is this like when they let the cowards win and dropped the Burger King mascot because he was "creepy"?

Cerv
Sep 14, 2004

This is a silly post with little news value.

goblin week posted:

In practical terms, this is a very inefficient form of locomotion, but its simplicity, ease of use, low cost, and cheerful appearance appeal to children.

spacehopper ?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Cerv posted:

spacehopper ?

*hoppebold